In-game summer item campaign for EU

Swanmay

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Reminder that the codes from the UK GamesMaster magazine promotion expire at the end of the month (31st December 2016), if you haven't redeemed them already.

And uh, on that note, did anyone ever send off a photo for the white chocobo related to that promo? What did the process involve, how difficult was it, and what actual criteria did the photograph have to meet? I'm still really unclear on the process and I assume it's the same deadline. x_x

I'm sorry that this is a bit off topic for the thread, but it is still sort of on theme. When I bought FFXIV years ago, I lived in EU, so my account region is set to EU.

A few years back, I moved to the US, but since Square Enix can't seem to update account region, my region is still stuck in EU. I ran into a problem with it when buying Heavensward, where I got the American version without thinking.

My question is, does anyone know if promotions like this is based on that? Like, will I only be able to take part in EU promotions (which kind of sucks since I'm not actually in EU), or are they not limited by your region setting?

You're probably fucked.

Mind you, some EU countries, including my own, still didn't get promo deals whatsoever so... Yeah. I suggest poking EU friends and ask if they can share codes, or send them money and let them buy something trash to get the code? I'm not sure.

I can't help you either way, seeming my country is one of them who didn't have it yet.

You're probably fucked.

Mind you, some EU countries, including my own, still didn't get promo deals whatsoever so... Yeah. I suggest poking EU friends and ask if they can share codes, or send them money and let them buy something trash to get the code? I'm not sure.

I can't help you either way, seeming my country is one of them who didn't have it yet.

That was what I was afraid of. That really sucks. I was super sad I missed the white fat Chocobo (though I have another one, so that helps a little), but knowing I won't really be able to do promotions at all, especially where I live is.. Yeah, not fun.

• 1 month later...

This sounds like a really flawed marking thing indeed. I mean my first thought was theoretically....Good Photoshop skills is all you need. :(   It reminds me of the fake "oh I drew this" images where people overlay digital drawings over a photograph of them holding a blank peice of paper and people all talk about how talented they are xD. It's super easy to do something like that.you just edit super large and as others stated add filters then  size it down and add noise so it looks like you have a cheap camera phone. The world is lucky I'm honest , I don't yet have my gaming computer and I don't want an obease chocoboo. @.@ this is probably an old topic but I found it interesting .