In-game summer item campaign for EU

Swanmay

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To reiterate, you don't need to have your face in the picture.

Though seriously, taking a picture? >->

That still seems kind of overboard, doesn't it? Is there really going to be someone looking at each individual picture to make sure each individual person has each issue?

edit: on second thought maybe I shouldn't ...I SHOULDN'T POST THAT LMFAO NAAWW NOOO NAAHHH NUH UUHHH

I haven't read a physical magazine in well over a decade and don't plan on starting again now. Will they even have enough printed to meet demand? I read in the official forums thread that their circulation is significantly smaller than the EU playerbase. And having to send a photo is just the cherry on the already ridiculous cake.

I think I'll pass.

Edit: If anyone is considering subscribing to get all three, see below from the official forums.

WARNING: ⚠

I ordered a Gamesmaster subscription as soon as it was announced (before the issues started) because the website *CLEARLY* stated that it would begin with the next issue (which would be August - 306). Once I got my account access I checked & it said it would begin with the September issue - 307. Obviously I was annoyed & emailed them & still await a response.

At 23:15 BST I received an email from Gamesmaster stating my subscription begins with the OCTOBER issue (308). I'm fuming. I have been misled right through the process from being told by the website I'd receive the next available issue right through to now being told I'll only get one of the three required.

To reiterate, you don't need to have your face in the picture.

Though seriously, taking a picture? >->

That still seems kind of overboard, doesn't it? Is there really going to be someone looking at each individual picture to make sure each individual person has each issue?

Chutes and ladders this bit is. Seriously, taking a picture to get it. Wow. Mail-in rebates levels of what?

I note that you can get a digital subscription, does anyone know if this will have the codes in?

Digital does not count. The codes are hard copy prints inside of the magazines.

And again,

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE!!! IT IS TOO LATE TO GET THE TWO ISSUES YOU NEED!!!!!

You MUST buy the issues in stores or hope that you can get a back order copy from them. Subscribing only makes sure you get the last magazine.

If it's sold out from most outlets by the time it's actually released, then I hope SE issues an apology. I think it was extremely short-sighted of them to run this promo with a medium that's essentially limited-edition when, practically speaking, it wasn't limited at all for the other two regions. :I

And I hope the FR promo is accessible for people that don't physically live in France, because that's the main one I'm thinking of trying to participate in as an alternative.

If it's sold out from most outlets by the time it's actually released, then I hope SE issues an apology. I think it was extremely short-sighted of them to run this promo with a medium that's essentially limited-edition when, practically speaking, it wasn't limited at all for the other two regions. :I

And I hope the FR promo is accessible for people that don't physically live in France, because that's the main one I'm thinking of trying to participate in as an alternative.

Yes I agree, this is what I expect and I'll add this additional nail to my coffin of why I dislike SE and this game. (grumble grumble seethe)

Still like always I have a core of optimism so I will be hoping otherwise.

I don't see why not.

If it's physical, cross the channel, buy the thing.

If it's digital, then use a VPN.

And I hope the FR promo is accessible for people that don't physically live in France' date=' because that's the main one I'm thinking of trying to participate in as an alternative.[/quote']

I don't see why not.

If it's physical, cross the channel, buy the thing.

If it's digital, then use a VPN.

"cross the channel"

3ffba7c69e.png

Yeah, when I can spend that much on promotional items, I think I'll be less inclined to get arsey when obtaining them is a faff. xD

You can get lower prices apparently, they seem to say it's possible to find 40€ two way tickets, but I have yet to find them.

Anyhow. If you know people on site it can maybe be an option to ask them to buy it for you. Any EU country really, then send it.

I guess digital is way easier.

You can get lower prices apparently, they seem to say it's possible to find 40€ two way tickets, but I have yet to find them.

Anyhow. If you know people on site it can maybe be an option to ask them to buy it for you. Any EU country really, then send it.

I guess digital is way easier.

Or for 40 euro, get a different game and un-sub. Just saying.

Updates from the official forum thread:

- The magazine has sold out from online retailers (Link)

- Only some of the magazines have contained codes (Link) (Link) (Link)

- The items the codes can be redeemed for was misprinted in many magazines (Link)

- The people handling subscriptions to the magazine weren't even aware it was a major promotion (Link)

The prospect of participating in promos from elsewhere in the EU is increasingly looking to be UK's only prospect... >_>

Well I mean, if they are really going to do independent deals for every EU country, it's bound for at least one or two not to be too shitty right?... right?

my god what a shit show :/

Seems about right for UK atm.

Doing a bad thing badly is becoming an SE trait now. Just greed over customer care. This puts the product in the cash cow, milk it for what you can camp. 

Don't listen to me though as I am jaded by many things ffxiv atm.

Apparently 306 is back in stock. On my phone atm but it seems to be correct 

https://m.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/gaming/gamesmaster-magazine-back-issues/gamesmaster-august-2016-issue-306/

If it was, it's already out again. :/

GamesMaster August 2016 Issue 306

Sorry, this item is out of stock. Available from all good retailers

*runs into wall repeatedly* at least I have walls in stock

My dad managed to find a copy for me at the supermarket, and it actually has the code insert in it! Yay!

I'm not going to redeem it just yet. They don't expire until the end of the year, and I don't want to mess up my chances of completing the entire promo if I enter 2 codes from the UK promo, can't get the third issue, try to enter codes for the FR/DE/etc promo and get told I can't because I "already redeemed them". I know that probably won't happen, but... better safe than sorry at this point, right??

Is it bad that the stickers make me happy? There's a tonberry and everything.