In-game summer item campaign for EU

Swanmay

My dad managed to find a copy for me at the supermarket, and it actually has the code insert in it! Yay!

I'm not going to redeem it just yet. They don't expire until the end of the year, and I don't want to mess up my chances of completing the entire promo if I enter 2 codes from the UK promo, can't get the third issue, try to enter codes for the FR/DE/etc promo and get told I can't because I "already redeemed them". I know that probably won't happen, but... better safe than sorry at this point, right??

Is it bad that the stickers make me happy? There's a tonberry and everything.

Or horde em and then sell them on ebay for 1 million gil 1 BILLION GILL!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe they said it was sold out already at most local stores

I'm sorry for you UK bros. If the Netherlands gets a better deal, I might be capable of helping you lot out. Although I doubt it.

I love this sentence because it's ambiguous whether the doubt is on the Netherlands getting a better deal, or Vi just opting out of helping.

You monster!:tonberry::tonberry::tonberry::tonberry:

Believe they said it was sold out already at most local stores

I'm sorry for you UK bros. If the Netherlands gets a better deal, I might be capable of helping you lot out. Although I doubt it.

I love this sentence because it's ambiguous whether the doubt is on the Netherlands getting a better deal, or Vi just opting out of helping.

You monster!:tonberry::tonberry::tonberry::tonberry:

GDI

THE FACT THE NETHERLANDS PROBS WILL HAVE EQUALLY SOMETHING BAD ;_; I already promised one friend I'd help him out getting codes if we end up getting a shitton better deal. xD

I still can't find the damned magazine... Apparently nowhere in Birmingham city centre carries it and I have tried my two local grocery stores.... :frustrated:

try WHSmith (ours carried it but was sold out), local newsagents,

but the big one is SUPERMARKETS, especially out of town ones. The Asda-Walmart near us had THREE copies of which we bought one - Tesco, Sainsbury's, M&S, anywhere with a magazine and trashy travel novel aisle might have it. And the WHSmith/supermarket outlets at train stations (they're more likely to carry a wider range of magazines, because people buy them to read on the train).

My dad says it's the last place most people look, which is why he thinks he was able to find it there

Also you can usually ask the staff, especially at book stores, if they

- carry the magazine at all

- had it in stock but it sold out

- have it in stock but you can't find it (they will help you)

- have more in the back

- can order more for later in the month

Be polite and they'll probably be helpful or tell you upfront if they don't have that info.

Good luck though ;-; The fact it restocked online once makes me hopeful they're realising they underestimated demand, stand to make a profit, and will print reruns throughout the month. But don't hold me to that, obviously.

• 4 weeks later...

If I'm reading it right, the second issue of the promo should be out yesterday (11th August):

3969948c34.jpg

Haven't had a chance to look yet because my parents are out of the country and I rely on them for transport.

This also means websites that stock back-issues might have the first promo issue now, too; since shops will have sent their surplus stock back to the warehouse, and that's where back-issue websites get their stock from.

Good luck to everyone! (Still shouldn't have to say this about a promo everyone should have a chance at, but there you go...)

• 2 weeks later...

The details for France, Belgium, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Sweden are up. (essentially 4 different campaigns).

For France & Belgium (and 1 solely France)

Australia and New Zealand

How to Participate

Make a qualifying purchase of at least $30 from the Hanabee online store to receive a promotional code.

(http://sqex.to/2Rt)

Once you have your code, visit the redemption website to receive your in-game item codes.

(http://sqex.to/2KC'>http://sqex.to/2KC)

Click here for details on how to redeem the item codes on the Mog Station.

Campaign Duration

Thursday, August 25 2016 to Friday, 30 September 2016

Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden

How to Participate

Make a qualifying purchase of at least €19.99 (or 199 kr) at local GameStop stores in Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Norway or Sweden to receive a promotional code.

Once you have your code, visit the redemption website to receive your in-game item codes.

(http://sqex.to/2KC)

Click here for details on how to redeem the item codes on the Mog Station.

Campaign Duration

Thursday, August 25 2016 to Friday, 30 September 2016

Note: Separate campaigns are planned for players residing in the Netherlands, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Italy and Spain. We will announce further information as soon as details are finalised.

TL;DR of the French page (for English-speaking-only who were thinking of participating for some reason):

For France and Belgium, you can receive codes by making purchases at Meltdown E-sports Bars.

The campaign runs for two months, from September 1st to October 31st 2016.

For spending 4€+, you can get codes for the Ifrit and Titan masks.

For spending 8€+, you can get codes for the maid and butler outfit.

For spending 12€+, you can get codes for the white chocobo and the seraph prisms.

For France only, you can receive codes by purchasing a copy of the following magazines:

Jeux Vidéo Magazine, numéro Septembre / September issue - which is out on 26th August 2016

The Game, numéro Octobre / October issue - which is out on 9th September 2016

The items available from these codes are:

the Ifrit mask

the gold saucer coupons (doesn't give a number but Jeux Vidéo website says for a worth of 30 000 MGP)

the heavenscrackers x99

the aetheryte tickets x50.

It doesn't say on SE's website which codes come from which magazine, or if all of them come from either, but Jeux Vidéo's website seems to imply that those four codes all come from their magazine.

ffxiv.jeuxvideomagazine.com

So it's like the JP and UK promos had a baby, basically.

Gamestop? Oh thank fuck. I was planning on getting the pokemon go armband maybe, but now it's for sure unless I can find a game that I like better. 

Edit because I can't maths:

The conversion rate is fucked up. If Sweden and Norway can pay 199 kr, then Denmark is getting the suckiest deal of them all, since 199DKK is 250 SEK/NOK. In terms of Euros, 19.99 equals to about 150DKK, but I doubt I can pay with that. I'd have to get notes converted, and even then it'd likely still pose a problem.

I'm still going to go for it, but they could have done better with that.

Lol yeah.......... honestly the lack of information on the site didn't fill me with confidence. I thought I was missing something from my lack of vocab, but nope...

Nope, I'm french, so there is no mistake. There is only 1 of those bars in Belgium and you get only a part of the rewards with the Magazine.

I sent a mail to the bar in my town to know more about the Tier, I'll post here once I know.. But this will help really few people I believe x_x !

God fricking frickity bless. I love the Meltdown bars so much. Like, this is an actual treat. I'll be going with my brother as soon as it opens. There might be a lot of FFXIV players though. There's only one in Paris iirc, lmao.

Can't wait either way. A good excuse to drink and play some videogames in there.

Edit: So I'm the only European who isn't angry right now, or..?

I would have honestly cared if SE weren't the usual japanese sexists they seem to be at times and made a female butler version too. And a maid male version if it's what it takes, I don't care.

Seriously.

Lol yeah.......... honestly the lack of information on the site didn't fill me with confidence. I thought I was missing something from my lack of vocab, but nope...

Nope, I'm french, so there is no mistake. There is only 1 of those bars in Belgium and you get only a part of the rewards with the Magazine.

I sent a mail to the bar in my town to know more about the Tier, I'll post here once I know.. But this will help really few people I believe x_x !

Yeah, it really looks like it sucks unless you happen to be lucky enough to live near one of the bars. x_x Comiserations from a Brit who's still waiting for the 3rd part of our promo to come out, despite the 1st part came out almost two months ago (and will have to send IRL photo to get the chocobo - whyyyyy).

[outfits are gender locked]

They said they wanted to look at lifting gender locks on gear, but then they continually bring out new gear that's also gender locked... I'd love it to be looser (some of the outfits with gender lock are pretty unisex in design, even! idgi) but I don't trust them to do it. >_>

I mean ok, gender locked is not fun, but I'm not that upset when it comes to say, the difference between the expeditioner stuff for example. Would be better with both versions gender unlocked, true...

But here, the man is a butler, and the females have to go with the maid. Really?

• 2 weeks later...

A reminder that the third and final issue of the UK promo should be out yesterday (8th September):

9312a1f34f.jpg

(aka the good stuff)

This also means websites that stock back-issues might have the second promo issue now; since shops will have sent their surplus stock back to the warehouse, and that's where back-issue websites get their stock from.

If you have all three issues, in theory you should be able to send off for the White Chocobo. If anyone who goes through that process can post about what it was like, I would be much obliged.

Good luck to everyone!

There's going to be a delay in the original fat chocobo rewards. A few days.

A quick PSA to all the FFXIV fans writing in for their Original Fat Chocobos!

Be aware that it will be a few more days before we're able to get codes out to everyone, so don't worry if you don't receive yours instantly. We've got your emails, we're on the case, and we can't wait to see you all riding your new mounts in-game!