Show me your rooms!

Ruran

With the mighty wave of Apartments upon us, I thought it would be a nice idea for us to have a thread to show off screenshots of our rooms! Might be able to pick up some inspiration, share some tips, and even find a few new places to visit.

(Or just post a screenshot of your empty room with a single Tonberry Lantern. Watching. Waiting. I won't judge.)

Apartments, Estates, Private Rooms, all of 'em! Show!

...I haven't designed mine yet. Work is lame.

I remember there being a thread for this sort of thing way back for personal rooms and the like!

... I'll have to grab screenies of Chachan's FC room later. It's mostly the same as back then, but I think I updated a couple small things worth showing. His and his brother's apartments are not set up yet, though... so that might take a bit longer. Still, I'll try to contribute as soon as I have screens to share! :thumbsup:

Mikelae's FC Room (Ultros)

Technically, Miiyn's should probably be different, but I really enjoyed certain aspects of the design that I am planning to reincorporate, such as the semi-phase-through screens to serve as doors. Definitely shaking the layout up a bit, though and will post pictures when it's done, but Miki's should give a pretty good idea of what I'm shooting for.

Edit: So I was goofing around and buying a couple of book piles and stacks...I commented out loud that I had no idea what in the Seven Hells Miiyn needed all these damned books for because she's still learning to read. My husband postulated that she simply didn't have an understanding of just how long it would take to read a book. This is now canon, and I now need to acquire so many more piles of books.

So, I spent this morning working on Gogonji's Pad. So now I can share that! I still need to take screens of Chachan's FC room... and his own apartment (which is going to be a smithy-type area for anyone to use) still needs to be put together before I can take screens of that. So much to do, so little time and gil.

I'll show mine once I get enough of the stupid mats to get the room set up. I'm way, way, way too cheap to shell out for tatami flooring, and rush grass has become my bane. It's gonna be a community outreach kinda thing, though. Rented room in the Goblet to give charity self defense classes. (So Khy can keep busy and drag himself away from his books.)

So, I spent this morning working on Gogonji's Pad. So now I can share that! I still need to take screens of Chachan's FC room... and his own apartment (which is going to be a smithy-type area for anyone to use) still needs to be put together before I can take screens of that. So much to do, so little time and gil.

What is the name of those bookshelves? They look quite handy...

What is the name of those bookshelves? They look quite handy...

Those are the new bookshelves added with 3.4. They're called mounted bookshelves and are extremely handy.