RP Server inquiry

Hello, I have been looking for an RP server that isn't balmung or jenova (currently on) I just haven't had any luck finding one. But I did hear about omega but it's still so new that I could barely find anything on the RP community. So if anyone can help with how much RP has been happening on that server would be greatly appreciated!

In EU then Omega is where folks are tending to go.

Unless you have an overriding link to the NA player base I would go with Omega. It seems to have an active population, especially in the lower progressing areas.

It is a new server so the RP community there is growing and actively getting RP happening.

If you are NA then Mateus is your best bet.

In EU then Omega is where folks are tending to go.

Unless you have an overriding link to the NA player base I would go with Omega. It seems to have an active population, especially in the lower progressing areas.

It is a new server so the RP community there is growing and actively getting RP happening.

If you are NA then Mateus is your best bet.

I figured it was gonna be a growing thing, but am glad to here it's been growing pretty well! thank you so much! <3

Just as an update, from playing an ALT on Omega.

The Good

• It is populated
  • Most of the apartments are free

The Bad

• It is full it seems
  • There are login queues
  • All the housing is gone, bought mostly (~80%) by individuals not FCs
  • "Gold"/Gil sellers are present
  • I have not seen any RP in the world and no FC tags ending in RP (this could just be my bad luck)

Just as an update, from playing an ALT on Omega.

The Good

• It is populated
  • Most of the apartments are free

The Bad

• It is full it seems
  • There are login queues
  • All the housing is gone, bought mostly (~80%) by individuals not FCs
  • "Gold"/Gil sellers are present
  • I have not seen any RP in the world and no FC tags ending in RP (this could just be my bad luck)

It's probably your luck :P While the server isn't that full, it's definitely not locked like Balmung. Character creation is usually open between 4am-2pm UK hours, so that's a big window.

There's definitely a lot of RP FCs but some for some reason don't have "-RP" on their tag, so it's easy to miss. There's been more RP mostly in places like Limsa or Costa, we're trying to get that spread out a bit more but for now I think people are just trying to settle in and find their place before it becomes a natural open thing :P

Also we have a discord with well over 100 members and a linkshell that's full we've had to create a reserve/2nd linkshell xD

Gonna hook you up with this list right here that Maril made this morning, might give you an insight to what kinda stuff is building up on other servers. Mateus seems to be popular amongst NA peeps and Omega is a new EU RP hub. 

Good luck with your search for a new server!

While I am on Mateus, I do know-- if your looking at NA severs-- That someone is working on building up an RP community on Goblin as well. So there are some choices out there, just have to be willing to look around, test them out, and see which is your flavor.

It seems Omega is no longer a valid choice. It's now congested (like Balmung and Gilgamesh) and thus you won't be able to get on it.

So ehm...new RP'ers, you're out of luck sadly! Unless people start to organize ANOTHER new RP server.

It seems Omega is no longer a valid choice. It's now congested (like Balmung and Gilgamesh) and thus you won't be able to get on it.

So ehm...new RP'ers, you're out of luck sadly! Unless people start to organize ANOTHER new RP server.

It's not congested yet, they've only temporary closed transfers. You can still make new characters.

It has not been labeled a congested server - yet.

Transfers to it have been temporarily disabled, but creation of new characters should still be possible.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/72b256b3e08e343c1511f88a1e355929598ee32d

It's not congested yet, they've only temporary closed transfers. You can still make new characters.

Are you 100% sure about this?

I tried to roll a fresh character over simply for it just being a new server and the name was faded out and said creation has been halted? Granted, that was like 3-4 days ago now.

I tried to roll a fresh character over simply for it just being a new server and the name was faded out and said creation has been halted? Granted, that was like 3-4 days ago now.

During peak hours Omega has often had character creation blocked - just like many other busy servers. Outside peak hours I think it is normally open though.

During peak hours Omega has often had character creation blocked - just like many other busy servers. Outside peak hours I think it is normally open though.

This was between 2:00-3:00am EST. Not sure what hours that would be for EU so it's entirely possible that it was during the servers prime time.

During peak hours Omega has often had character creation blocked - just like many other busy servers.   Outside peak hours I think it is normally open though.

This was between 2:00-3:00am EST. Not sure what hours that would be for EU so it's entirely possible that it was during the servers prime time.

I've been able to create a character between 4am-2pm BST (11pm-9am EST), which is a pretty big window. But yeah, during peak hours tends to be the norm on busy servers.

It's kind of weird how Square Enix does things, but yes. I've confirmed that transfer is blocked via Mogstation. But you can create characters.

It seems like there were massive amount of transfer applications from various EU servers that they decided to move to here so chances are that they've closed it temporarily to ease the transfer application congestion.

It's not exactly -overpopulated- but letting Omega to take slow digestion from all these moving players.

It'll likely lift up once the techies are going to finish determining how many Omega players are exactly out there.

Character creating during busy EU time was reported as closed for an hour or so via Reddit post.

It's kind of weird how Square Enix does things, but yes. I've confirmed that transfer is blocked via Mogstation. But you can create characters.

It seems like there were massive amount of transfer applications from various EU servers that they decided to move to here so chances are that they've closed it temporarily to ease the transfer application congestion.

It's not exactly -overpopulated- but letting Omega to take slow digestion from all these moving players.

It'll likely lift up once the techies are going to finish determining how many Omega players are exactly out there.

Character creating during busy EU time was reported as closed for an hour or so via Reddit post.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/72b256b3e08e343c1511f88a1e355929598ee32d

This is confirmed to be a temporary suspension of transfers, indeed.

It seems fresh characters can actually still be created, but you'll have to do so in the midst of EU night. 

Transfers are a no-go though.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/9c59749659a08d7101906f1389ca8ad89cb580c1