What games are you playing/looking forward to?

...And bought FF XI to try out but.. I can't figure it out at all. Keybinds are all weird and no action bars. It won't even let me use Windows-button. Heeelp.

LOL, yeaaaah. There are no action bars in XI, but lots and lots of macros that you have to make yourself, otherwise you'd have to manually select each ability and item that you wanted to use at the time...

I think the default for movement was something like... the fucking arrow keys and then the number pad? Something really messed up like that. You can change the settings around a bit, if I remember correctly. But, the game is really old and has a weird interface. I'd suggest looking up some guides online to help you transition a little better. :P

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...And bought FF XI to try out but.. I can't figure it out at all. Keybinds are all weird and no action bars. It won't even let me use Windows-button. Heeelp.

LOL, yeaaaah. There are no action bars in XI, but lots and lots of macros that you have to make yourself, otherwise you'd have to manually select each ability and item that you wanted to use at the time...

I think the default for movement was something like... the fucking arrow keys and then the number pad? Something really messed up like that. You can change the settings around a bit, if I remember correctly. But, the game is really old and has a weird interface. I'd suggest looking up some guides online to help you transition a little better. :P

Ahhh good times with the FFXI controls. Every time I pick that game back up after quitting for a few months/years I have to sit down and stare at it for about ten minutes and figure out what the hell is going on.

Ahhh good times with the FFXI controls. Every time I pick that game back up after quitting for a few months/years I have to sit down and stare at it for about ten minutes and figure out what the hell is going on.

Haha, agreed! I'm always left screaming "WHAT AM I DOING?!". It's an amazing game, though. Don't let the funky interface or slow combat detour you from the years, and years of amazing content.

...Speaking of which, I can't believe they put out another expansion already. I want a development team as dedicated as FFXI's!

And, is TSW RP really as good as you say? I remember being super excited by it, buying /Grand Master/ back in the day, and then stopping like a month in due to lack of RP. Has it matured much now?

I personally feel that it's as terrible as it has been at launch. Everyone's still playing sexy Harry Potter, and RP typically just consists of lots of hanging out in a bar, talking about how demon possessed they are. (True story)

It's a large reason why I don't really play much at all anymore.

And, is TSW RP really as good as you say? I remember being super excited by it, buying /Grand Master/ back in the day, and then stopping like a month in due to lack of RP. Has it matured much now?

I personally feel that it's as terrible as it has been at launch. Everyone's still playing sexy Harry Potter, and RP typically just consists of lots of hanging out in a bar, talking about how demon possessed they are. (True story)

>.> That's what I ran into back in the day. But I guess I'll check out the RP site and see how it goes.

Yeah I definitely understand. Had to shove past all the tavern/bar RP fluff before you could get to the real meat of the community.

Yeah I definitely understand. Had to shove past all the tavern/bar RP fluff before you could get to the real meat of the community.

Trying to RP in TSW felt like.. being in an ocean of Lovecraft Hipsters, cigarettes, demons, doom, and... skinny jeans.

.... Yeeaaaaaaah. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's TSW. Maybe I just don't like Lovecraft. At all.

But eh.. I played it for a week. It's meh.

I can play great American MMO's but my artistic style and storytelling perspective will always be... JRPG'ish. It's just my home and where I belong in the course of styles. Which is why I put more work then average on this character here.

FFXIV is the only MMO where I'm not teased silly by the community because my character is a bishonen or 'anime inspired'.

Maybe I just don't like Lovecraft. At all.

BLASPHEMY.

Seriously, though. I loved the idea behind The Secret World. In Theory, it was game just made for myself and Misericorde. The problem is that the founding idea behind it only truly stayed around for Solomon island (which I still absolutely adore).

I mean, Egypt was kind of interesting, but I didn't really feel like it belonged in the game. And Transylvania was only interesting in Besieged Farmlands where we at least got to meet some interesting mythological creatures before diving head first into a shit ton of vampire and werewolf territory. Ugh, it was awful.

With that being said, I uninstalled it for the time being. I'm still keeping a close eye out on it, and have every intention on going back when new content is released, but I usually breeze through that shit in day.

Also, I'd like to note, what the hell are the devs doing with the clothing options? They started out alright, but lately they've just been going off the deep end.

*Ahem* ... Wall 'o text.

I tried starting several MMOs that I hadn't played before but it was hard to want to put time into leveling when I know I am going to be leaving in August (maybe sooner if I get into beta.)

I joined up with some friends of mine to play Rift again. Hoping to get from 50-60 and see the new content. The new dimensions (housing) is pretty fun and it only costs in game money.

Very interested in TESO and Wildstar too.

I tried starting several MMOs that I hadn't played before but it was hard to want to put time into leveling when I know I am going to be leaving in August (maybe sooner if I get into beta.)

same for me.

why join in games and communities if I will leave everything in august?

I've been sort of playing Neverwinter, but I've grown a bit bored with it already. I gave it the ol' college try because I'm a long-time fan of Forgotten Realms lore (despite much of it being butchered in the shift to 4E) but I think my hopes were too high. There will never be anything quite like NWN's persistent world communities were in that game's heyday. :(

As for MMO's I'm looking forward to: ARR (of course!) which is going to be my one and only MMO. I can juggle an MMO with single player gaming, but not multiple MMO's. I'll admit to some interest in Elder Scrolls Online, though.

I'm playing ArcheAge (KR) at the moment. :D

Headed back to Aion for 4.0.

:surprise: I wanna play ArcheAge. Teach me Korean! I am currently just playing single player games, mostly on the Vita (which means I am basically playing PSP games because Vita has no games :P lol). I am interested in The Repopulation, Black Desert, and Archeage though. We shall see what the future holds.

Oh! I forgot one. Rift is going to be F2P soon and they extended the free weekend until the date... so it's essentially free now. I'm messing around on it here and there. It has some pretty interesting concepts and I really love the range of classes and how much you're allowed to (or not) dive into them.

Not exactly and MMO, but I have been playing a ton of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I would love to say I'm waiting for Monster Hunter Online, but let's not kid ourselves... we aren't getting it.

I'd LOVE to play PSO2, but I can't stand playing the game alone. If I had some partners to run dungeons with and appreciate my adorable character, then perhaps I'd be a lot more into it. If you need a level 20 Force, I'm there!

Aside from that, I have a half dozen other MMOs on my PC that I never play, like Tera, Aion, Ragnarok Online 2, Rusty Hearts, and a few others I can't think of. But I'm probably just going to go back to playing MH3U now.

Nothing at the moment.

I would be playing Aion, except I'm sick of the content and the increasingly pay to win cash shop. The 4.0 update is coming this month, so thankfully that will entertain me when I'm bored this summer waiting for ARR.

Oh that game... Aion had so much potential. It's unfortunate it went under and is now F2P.

Anyway, I spend some of my time in Diablo III and Guildwars 2. But, I mostly play Super Street Fighter 4 AE v.2012. Got a tournament season to prepare for next year.

Looking forward to Elder Scrolls and, as much as I generally hate Blizzards foray into the MMO world with WoW, I am eager to see their new MMO. It's been super duper top secret for a few years now, but they are working on something. And it's a completely new thing, not based on any of their other franchises. Despite how much I hate WoW, I can't deny it's success. If that's any indication, I bet their new MMO will top more than a few charts when we finally get it.

And also, because of stupid people stealing source code and costing NCsoft an estimated $1billion in damages, we have to wait even longer for this little gem:

Lineage Eternal (aka Lineage III)

[video=youtube]

:cry: