What games are you playing/looking forward to?

A pretty straight forward question. Are you guys playing anything now, or looking forward to any other MMOs aside from 14?

I'm a bit of a MMO vagabond, even without waiting for 14, I'm constantly playing and looking forward to the newest MMO. But, currently I'm mainly playing Guild Wars 2 (Tarnished Coast server), with a little bit of Lord of the Rings Online and The Secret World from time to time.

As far as MMOs I'm looking forward to... At the smack dab top of my list is WildStar, followed by Black Desert, and The Elder Scrolls Online. And waaaaay off in the unforeseeable future (...or maybe never) Monster Hunter Online.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm playing LOTRO, and some SWTOR still. Mostly I've been playing through the offline Final Fantasy games, trying to hold myself over til XIV.

I wouldn't hold your breath for Monster Hunter Online either. We'll probably have to download it and an english patch, like with Phantasy Star Online 2.

I'm really not sure how it ended up this way, but I'm playing Neverwinter and Star Trek Online. I dislike Star Trek and Forgotten Realms, and I have a few misgivings about Cryptic, but I honestly find these two games both highly entertaining.

I really wish there was something to hook me until June 14th, but nothing has been able to hold me down at the moment. Tried RO2 with friends, got bored relatively quickly after cap.

Tried picking up Aion again but I'm far too lazy to grind endlessly for gear and my Chanter is horribly gimped wearing Miragents at 60. Guild Wars 2 is as uneventful as ever for me. Tried the SWG Emulator. Didn't get far with that. Dabbled in WoW for the first time in forever to humor a friend but turned a 180 and walked away after about two weeks.

Phantasy Star Online 2 is interesting, but having no one to play with kind of cut my enthusiasm. Thinking about giving this another go, however.

..I have the FFXIV blues. Itching to pick up where I left off.

I'm casually playing XI when I'm really bored until XIV is up again. But I'm really a one-MMO kinda girl and have no interest in any others. <3XIV

^ Me too~  :thumbsup:

Now i'm playing star trek online but i'm thinking to delete it because there are emergency maintence every day. I play casually scarlet blade (just a little perverted i know :P)

And i tried age of wushu but i quit because it's too difficult to play

Now i'm playing star trek online but i'm thinking to delete it because there are emergency maintence every day.

That's just because they launched a new expansion with a huge amount of new content and systems. It'll calm down soon.

I know it, but it's annoying the same

Waiting for the ever so much stupidly delayed PSO2 (Seriously I played the freakin' beta last June! :dazed: ) Localized, of course.

Also have my eye on Elder Scrolls Online, mostly 'cause.. I love Elder Scrolls, and that's a dream come true for me. (However, my last dream come true ended up being TORtanic.. )

I still have Aion and GW2 on my computer, though I'm not really playing neither. I just don't know anyone who would play them anymore.. Mainly just looking forward to XIV. Would love to have some rp action before it but lacking a game.

Applied to Elder Scrolls online beta too, just for funs :>

...And bought FF XI to try out but.. I can't figure it out at all. Keybinds are all weird and no action bars. It won't even let me use Windows-button. Heeelp.

I'm playing Diablo 3 and Doom 3 BFG edition casually until FFXIV. I haven't been really hooked on an MMO since XI. I've tried many others and TERA was supposed to be my next home but... yeah. Good game but personal issues got in the way of my enjoyment of that or really dedicating myself to it. Let's go XIV! C'mon!

OoOooOooo  neat.  ;)

The only MMO I play atm is tera cos I can play it with my xbox controller :P  otherwise I just play console games. (Bayonetta and tomb raider pwns!)

The only MMOs i'm looking forward to are ARR and wildstar.  ^.^

Heard great stuff about Wildstar, so I've been following that.

Downloaded and installed Dragon's Prophet because I've heard it's like Pokemon but with dragons. Gonna play that and see for myself in the next few days.

Age of Wushu is fun, but super-complex. After spending days and days of reading guides, I still don't understand much of the game. I poke at it now and then to grind skill levels.

The Secret World is one of the most immersive games I have ever played and the RP community is really strong. So even though I have finished most of the content, I log in for RP events and general chatting.

PSO2 is a pretty fun time-sink. If you have friends with you, you can burn lots and lots of days just grinding out dungeons.

League of Legends is still much of the same.

Age of Wushu is fun, but super-complex. After spending days and days of reading guides, I still don't understand much of the game. I poke at it now and then to grind skill levels.

The Secret World is one of the most immersive games I have ever played and the RP community is really strong. So even though I have finished most of the content, I log in for RP events and general chatting.

Been on and off AoW for the past bit, but since I played on the Chinese server this isn't quite what I was expecting. xD

And, is TSW RP really as good as you say? I remember being super excited by it, buying /Grand Master/ back in the day, and then stopping like a month in due to lack of RP. Has it matured much now?

Yeah at least I think so. Once you move past the regular bar RPs and insert yourself into the on-going stories or create your own, you can experience how immersive it actually is. The central concept of "Everything is True" holds... true even to the RPing community.

For example, my character is a Japanese, demon-hunting master swordsman/onmyouji who is often consulted on matters pertaining to the supernatural for one reason or another. There is another character who moonlights as a bar owner, but is actually a time-traveling, dimension-hopping eldritch abomination in human form that takes payment through interesting tidbits of information and stories, making him/it a legitimate source of information on the secret on-goings of other players and Cabals (guilds). 

Whoa. Point is, yes, it's matured ALOT.

Yeah at least I think so. Once you move past the regular bar RPs and insert yourself into the on-going stories or create your own, you can experience how immersive it actually is. The central concept of "Everything is True" holds... true even to the RPing community.

For example, my character is a Japanese, demon-hunting master swordsman/onmyouji who is often consulted on matters pertaining to the supernatural for one reason or another. There is another character who moonlights as a bar owner, but is actually a time-traveling, dimension-hopping eldritch abomination in human form that takes payment through interesting tidbits of information and stories, making him/it a legitimate source of information on the secret on-goings of other players and Cabals (guilds). 

Ah that sounds pretty damn sweet... I should get back to it. The game itself, felt a little grindy for me though. Probably because I did the quests in beta, and then really didn't want to do them again in live. That and the PvP was a little disappointing, as it seems I got experience without any actual growth.

But with a recommendation like that, how can I not go play ... xD

Ah that sounds pretty damn sweet... I should get back to it. The game itself, felt a little grindy for me though. Probably because I did the quests in beta, and then really didn't want to do them again in live. That and the PvP was a little disappointing, as it seems I got experience without any actual growth.

But with a recommendation like that, how can I not go play ... xD

Yeah the lore pieces are all a pretty worthwhile read too. The poetic writing style shoots for the sun but still hits the moon - the tone and pacing really set the stage of the game. 

There was a server wide RP event hosted by the very same Cthulhu DJ bar owners last Friday, now that I think about it. 

http://www.tsw-rp.com/news

There's the TSW-RP community website.

EDIT:

ALSO, yeah the game is STILL really grindy.