The foods! FOOD!

Which food IRL would you prefer?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which food IRL would you prefer?

• Pizza!
    • Soup, any soup. Just soup.
    • Anything really.. as long as it is cooked well.
    • Bacon Bacon Bacon!

Rinh will eat just about anything so long as it's expertly prepared with fine ingredients. However, having spent so much time on the coast, blackened sea bass has become one of her favourites. She's been known to go without eating if the only option is cheap or tasteless. Of course, her appreciation for a fine red wine is well known amongst her friends.

T'yareth, on the other hand, is just happy to have a full tummy but she does prefer meat, especially fatty dodo. Sweet treats and fruits are foods she would tend to avoid but, if that's all on offer, she isn't going to turn it down. As for beverages, simple ale suits her down to the ground.

Edgar is not a picky eater by any stretch of the imagination. He tends to eat just about anything that is put on his plate, as long as it will not hurt, poison, or kill him.

When it comes to drinks, however, he stresses that he is "not a happy drunk", refusing alcohol in favor of distilled or filtered water, but can be coerced into drinking certain low-tier alcoholic beverages. He will sometimes order alcohol to drown his sorrows, but always regrets it afterwards, as he usually ends up ordering some of the worst the bartender has to offer.

C'kayah loves food, and he's become a pretty serious epicurean gourmand over the years. He doesn't particularly favor any cultures food over the others, so long as it's well-prepared. He enjoys everything from the most sophisticated and complex dishes to the simplest cuts of meat roasted over a fire while on the trail.

C'kayah loves food, and he's become a pretty serious epicurean gourmand over the years. He doesn't particularly favor any cultures food over the others, so long as it's well-prepared. He enjoys everything from the most sophisticated and complex dishes to the simplest cuts of meat roasted over a fire while on the trail.

^ You forgot alcohol.

Kage enjoys all well-prepared well-seasoned foods. If it's bland he won't eat it. On the same notion, if it's overtly rich and salty he won't eat it. He doesn't particularly love sweets but he does love fruits. He really just enjoys meats and carbs. A nice dodo steak with a cold ale? Yum.

Hm! Interesting RP survey!

Roen loooooves garlicky things. Garlean garlic to be exact. Fish, meat, soup, all good with garlic.

She also has a weakness for sweets. Chocolates, desserts and the like.

She was raised on richly flavored foods prepared by well trained and skilled cooks. However in the last five years she has grown to enjoy simply prepared dishes, and only recently has she started to learn how to prepare food herself. They are turning out to be more edible of late. >.>

She does not drink alcohol however. Rarely touches the stuff.

Do they have pizza in Eorzea?

It can't be that hard to invent a flat piece of bread with tomatosauce and some stuff on.. If I were to serve it in our bar, I would probably call it something else than pizza, because I think it could kind of spoil the immersion a bit. 

Maybe like, "Thanalan Topping-Bread" or so. And then instead of using words like oregano for seasoning I'd look up the various herbs from botany and pick something that sounds reasonable.

Yvelont: Bread and cheese, maybe a little smoked meat and he's golden. Mug of ale or mead to wash it down.

Kendha'to: Very rare antelope or aldgoat, cool spring water. Thanks to Tefh, now has a fondness for meat miq'abobs with plenty of peppers.

Elyscia eats aldgoats...

You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. They's uh, aldgoat-kabobs, aldgoat creole, aldgoat gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple aldgoat, lemon aldgoat, coconut aldgoat, pepper aldgoat, aldgoat soup, aldgoat stew, aldgoat salad, aldgoat and potatoes, aldgoat burger, aldgoat sandwich. That- tha's about it.

Sounsyy is mainly a pescatarian, although she's been known to eat dodo as a guilty pleasure meal. Fresh, citrusy fruits hold a special place in Sounsyy's heart. Her favorite meals are bouillabaisse, roasted nopales, and stuffed artichokes. She does not entertain red meat at all. Something about the smell and texture bothers her. Sounsyy is also a heavy drinker, with red wine and straight liquor being the most preferred. But she also loves a good rolanberry lassi when she fancies a non-alcoholic beverage.

Question: Does Eorzea have coffee?

I hope it does.

Regardless of if Eorzea has actual members of the Coffea genus growing, I RP that there is coffee and whether or not it's actual coffee beans or a coffee substitute (various other barks, roots, and seeds/nuts in Real Life work this way), I leave that up for other people to personally pursue. 

In general, I go on the idea that if the ingredients (or if it's reasonable that similar ingredients should exist) and technology for a food exists, then it's fair game. And really, with that logic there's not much (short of things that NEED a blender and "astronaut ice cream") that can't be made in some form or another. We have cow-like creatures, we have bread, we have mustard, we have tomatoes, lettuce, onions, zucchini, vinegar and cheese. We have the ability to dice or grind meat, pickling is a VERY old method of preserving food, and grilling is possible. With that in mind, it is totally possible that someone could make a cheeseburger with the typical toppings... I'd just personally grimace if I saw someone calling it a cheeseburger (and downright do a facedesk of epic proportions if I saw someone call it a Wopper or Big Mac).

On a personal character's side... Kara grew up in a camp in Thanalan, and food could be a bit scarce there at times. As long as something isn't maggoty, rancid, rotted, or moldy, it could be used in a potential meal as far as she's concerned. She likes savory over sweet, and likes things that can be easily eaten on the go or partially eaten, then wrapped up and saved for later. For drinks, she likes black coffee and water.

... I'm not sure what the Gardener likes to eat (... or even if she DOES eat o_O; ). If she does, she's probably a strict vegetarian. She does drink water, though... and only water.

Question: Does Eorzea have coffee?

I hope it does.

Regardless of if Eorzea has actual members of the Coffea genus growing, I RP that there is coffee and whether or not it's actual coffee beans or a coffee substitute (various other barks, roots, and seeds/nuts in Real Life work this way), I leave that up for other people to personally pursue. 

In general, I go on the idea that if the ingredients (or if it's reasonable that similar ingredients should exist) and technology for a food exists, then it's fair game. And really, with that logic there's not much (short of things that NEED a blender and "astronaut ice cream") that can't be made in some form or another. We have cow-like creatures, we have bread, we have mustard, we have tomatoes, lettuce, onions, zucchini, vinegar and cheese. We have the ability to dice or grind meat, pickling is a VERY old method of preserving food, and grilling is possible. With that in mind, it is totally possible that someone could make a cheeseburger with the typical toppings... I'd just personally grimace if I saw someone calling it a cheeseburger (and downright do a facedesk of epic proportions if I saw someone call it a Wopper or Big Mac).

On a personal character's side... Kara grew up in a camp in Thanalan, and food could be a bit scarce there at times. As long as something isn't maggoty, rancid, rotted, or moldy, it could be used in a potential meal as far as she's concerned. She likes savory over sweet, and likes things that can be easily eaten on the go or partially eaten, then wrapped up and saved for later. For drinks, she likes black coffee and water.

... I'm not sure what the Gardener likes to eat (... or even if she DOES eat o_O; ). If she does, she's probably a strict vegetarian. She does drink water, though... and only water.

[align=center]Of course there is coffee, based not only on what you see but on the bases of what food DO exist on the game. There is a wide variety of things that are common on Earth that happen to be on Hydalen. Bottom line, if they have bouillabaisse (in game food) then coffee doesn't seem to hard to believe.

Also, in regards to being a "vegetarian"....[/align]

[align=center]Sounds like she ought to have some delicious PUMPKINS... greatest fruit in Hydalen![/align]

[align=center] 100x100http://thisabled.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/pumpkin-1.png[/img][/align]

Lan will eat just about any meat and because he likes to cook he will also experiment with all sorts of things as well. He does prefer terrestrial game as opposed to fish though. As far as sweets go, he likes simple things made out of fruits, but that does not deter him from making chocolates and such for others. He loves his coffee and ale as well.