A Duskwight Discussion

Eva

One thing to keep in mind is that not all Duskwight must have a clan. They probably all come from a clan, but as vagrant in the overworld, there may be a decent number of lone Duskwight wandering alone, with no family and potentially even with no connection to other Duskwight.

I'm currently using the offline character creator to make a whole family tree for Megs, and I'd like to make his clan (Clan Desfosse) have ancestry ties to as many other player-made Duskwight clans as well. Specifically, Clan Desfosse could have collected outcasts from Clans Plunierre and Mauvaix. I dunno the history of Clan Ni'vollie so dunno how that'd work.

But with the permission of Teardrop and Eva, I'd like to include minor characters in Megs' family tree imported from your clans. They would have died long ago by now. Essentially, it's just for personal flavor.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But with the permission of Teardrop and Eva, I'd like to include minor characters in Megs' family tree imported from your clans. They would have died long ago by now. Essentially, it's just for personal flavor.

"Clan Mauvaix" encompassed clan miners who weren't necessarily blood, but were part of the clan...there is one avenue :). I'd be more than happy to help cook up something flavorful with you :thumbsup:

I don't really have any problem with it either. Kind of curious what exactly you had in mind. But as it stands I figure there's three survivors from that culture - two of whom have been removed enough from the culture as to be more "surface-dweller" than traditional, and the third a young boy who had to adapt after the Calamity. It's possible there might be others who had left for other clan-lands or to try to live on the surface. I don't see that being so far-fetched, as it's why Eva's grandparents ascended. :thumbsup:

I've been working the past three days, but have been working on Chiané's story. I've not worked out all the kinks yet, but she will have been a member of the N'Ardanté Clan. So far, two member player characters.

Will work on the wiki when I get home. :)

I'm currently using the offline character creator to make a whole family tree for Megs, and I'd like to make his clan (Clan Desfosse) have ancestry ties to as many other player-made Duskwight clans as well. Specifically, Clan Desfosse could have collected outcasts from Clans Plunierre and Mauvaix. I dunno the history of Clan Ni'vollie so dunno how that'd work.

With your permission I would like to link Lecard Father's clan to the Desfosse. I was wandering the wiki and looking at this forum when I stumbled back across your clan description, which is exactly the same description I had come up for his father's clan. I am thinking they could be a branch that split off or something, let me know what you think.

on another note, looking over all the wiki stuff and DW info, I was wondering if there is a way to add a link to the "Known Duskwight Clans" wiki page on the main Duskwight Elezenpage. Just an idea to make it easier to stumble onto.

With your permission I would like to link Lecard Father's clan to the Desfosse. I was wandering the wiki and looking at this forum when I stumbled back across your clan description, which is exactly the same description I had come up for his father's clan. I am thinking they could be a branch that split off or something, let me know what you think.

on another note, looking over all the wiki stuff and DW info, I was wondering if there is a way to add a link to the "Known Duskwight Clans" wiki page on the main Duskwight Elezenpage. Just an idea to make it easier to stumble onto.

You know, its something to do with the wiki, when people update it, sometimes the links go away. I've found that to have happened a couple times...not long ago, it was linked to both. I'll fix it again, though :thumbsup:

You know, its something to do with the wiki, when people update it, sometimes the links go away.  I've found that to have happened a couple times...not long ago, it was linked to both.  I'll fix it again, though :thumbsup:

Those pesky disappearing links again, I think we may need better nails to hold them in place. Anyone have a few rail spikes laying about?tonberry.gif

You absolutely can! Have you read Megiddo's wiki page yet? I give a general outline for the history of Clan Desfosse, but I'm very open to changing details and moving things around. Desfosse only exists for two hundred years and entered into decline about half-way through its existence, but had enough numbers that they could take a few splits. If I need to add to things or change time-frames around, I can do that. Just shoot me a PM.

Interesting! Very interesting. The beauty of FFXIV is that there isn't a lot of lore yet, as it is all still being written.

This is fantastic and exciting from a creative point of view, but at the same time frustrating due to having so little to go on... Regardless, I think I have a rough idea of where I am going with my character's story.

Name:  Clan Viedeces

Location: A deep hidden cavern located near a Wildwood settlement in the Black Shroud.

Theme: Primarily assassins for pay.

Member(s): Selsix Viedeces, Lekaine Viedeces (status unknown), remainder of clan's status unknown.

Selsix is a young Elezen, born into a clan of thieves and assassins that viewed their Wildwood brethren as to being the inferior ones. This is atypical compared to the standard Duskwight attitude for the most part, but along the lines of the clan coming together, they settled in a place that caused them to deal with Wildwoods quite often. The resulting attitude from most of the Wildwoods looking down on them, caused them to reflect the behavior, sort of a lashing out when facing prejudice ordeal.

Selsix's father was a Duskwight Assassin by the name of Lekaine Viedeces. He was a silent man, merely carrying out his duties to his clan without ever speaking up much at all. Little is known about his mother, in fact? The only one who seemed to even know her was his father. Him claiming that the woman had died in labor and was from a neighboring clan that he met while on a job. This led to suspicions from the rest of the clan to believe that his father had committed an atrocity and bedded a female Wildwood, as Selsix did not display particularly advanced hearing ability as the rest of the clan had, nor was his skin dark like his father's.

However, Selsix also did not display particularly well-advanced sight as well. His father simply implied that he was not a gifted child, and as an upper-clansman? The rest of the clan chose to simply accept him, though wary.

Selsix grew into young adulthood from then on facing light prejudice from his clansmen, often met with awkward gazes. As though they expected him to one day stab them in the back whilst they slept.

As the Garlean Empire invaded into the Black Shroud, Selsix's clan was put at odds with both the empire, as well as the neighboring Sylphs as they were pushed from their homes. This coupled with already strained tensions with the nearby Wildwoods and the idea that they could have a young traitor in their midsts only furthered friction between Selsix and his people.

One day, Selsix's father departed on a mission, one from which he did not return. It was a mission to assassinate what appeared to be a figurehead of a Garlean force that had come too close to discovering the caverns in which the clan dwelled.

Days passed, becoming weeks. And still no sight of Lekaine. The majority of the clan already saw him as dead. Selsix remained indifferent. His early life of seclusion distancing him from matters of clan politics, as well as his father due to his quiet and secretive demeanor.

One day, the clan fell under attack, a raid upon the caverns by the Garlean force that Lekaine had been sent to dismantle. Due to the surprise nature of the attack, as well as the bottle-neck hold the forces had on the clan, almost all of them were wiped out. Save for a small handful that had escaped, including Selsix.

The remainder of Selsix's clan in their grief, chose to blame him for this incident. Claiming that his father had sold out their location, instead of completing his mission. They elected to punish Selsix for this, and make him pay with his life as tribute for those lost.

Narrowly escaping, fate smiled upon Selsix as the agitated Sylphs from the intrusion by his clan into their territory distracted his battered clan.

He ventured forth into the Black Shroud, leaving his clan and the memory of his father behind him. He knows not if either of the two survived to this day. He now seeks to find a place for himself, and to find the truth of his mother's identity, as well as his father's whereabouts.

So what do you guys think? Obviously it's a work in-progress... I'm open to all forms of critique and criticism. I'm still wet behind the ears when it comes to Eorzean lore.

I think you jumped right in like a boss...well done :thumbsup:. I see nothing wrong at first glance with that concept at all, and its an interesting premise.

If you'd like, I can put that info there on the Duskwight Clans wiki, or you can hit it up yourself when you feel you want to :)

Glad you moved right in and made yourself at home :P. It looks like there may be a few fellow player's clans that you could have rubbed shoulders with, having operated in the same general area. Twinflame comes to mind right off.

I think you jumped right in like a boss...well done :thumbsup:.  I see nothing wrong at first glance with that concept at all, and its an interesting premise.

If you'd like, I can put that info there on the Duskwight Clans wiki, or you can hit it up yourself when you feel you want to :)

Glad you moved right in and made yourself at home :P.  It looks like there may be a few fellow player's clans that you could have rubbed shoulders with, having operated in the same general area.  Twinflame comes to mind right off.

That sounds great! Thanks much.8-)

And yeah I'd love to work out some sort of history with other nearby clans. Anything to increase the immersion and realism element of the story.

Clan Viedeces sounds very similar to Clan Desfosse, both in the area in which it is active and the way in which they made their livings. Megs and most of his children were professional assassins and such, so they probably would have either competed with or cooperated with Clan Viedeces on different occasions.

This really makes me want to finish fleshing out the details on my character's family/clan. I had started details on his close family but made mentions towards elders and such at some point. Even if he doesn't actively interact with the clan now I think it might be fun to do and put details in ^^; Granted it seems like the clan I would be writing out would be more craft/gatherer base then fighter.

This really makes me want to finish fleshing out the details on my character's family/clan. I had started details on his close family but made mentions towards elders and such at some point. Even if he doesn't actively interact with the clan now I think it might be fun to do and put details in ^^; Granted it seems like the clan I would be writing out would be more craft/gatherer base then fighter.

And thats perfectly ok, Rosekitten, as my clan was based on being sort of a mining operation :) I think its safe to say there are all sorts of possible Clan configurations and backstory possibilities, and as long as you weren't the family of secret Drow that dug all the way down from the Underdark to Eorzea and came to blend in with Duskwight society, I think most people would be more than happy to interact with whatever you come up with (and maybe there would be a few that wouldn't even mind the Drow angle, if that's really your thing :lol: )

....and as long as you weren't the family of secret Drow that dug all the way down from the Underdark to Eorzea and came to blend in with Duskwight society,.....

Dang you, Teardrop... you totally dissed my Clan!

*shakes fist*

.... and I was all ready to set up a Lloth shrine too...

:x

Dang you, Teardrop... you totally dissed my Clan!

*shakes fist*

.... and I was all ready to set up a Lloth shrine too...

:x

*bearhugs* You're so cute when you're angry! :P

Though I'm sad I can't get to know you with Chiané, very glad I can harass you with Kya. *grins*

I'm sad Jaques won't be able to meet Chiané either... but I welcome Kya harassment! It'll be fun! ((Even if Jaques might not think so. )) :angel:

And thats perfectly ok, Rosekitten, as my clan was based on being sort of a mining operation :)  I think its safe to say there are all sorts of possible Clan configurations and backstory possibilities, and as long as you weren't the family of secret Drow that dug all the way down from the Underdark to Eorzea and came to blend in with Duskwight society, I think most people would be more than happy to interact with whatever you come up with (and maybe there would be a few that wouldn't even mind the Drow angle, if that's really your thing :lol: )

Oh no no... as much as I do enjoy Drow lore and reading stories on them (certain stories anyway... probably the less popular ones), I don't see me going that route. Though now that you mentioned it... it would be interesting to see how someone would play that idea out. But I'm not that bold. :P 

Maybe later today I'll finish detailing things out and such on the clan. I had pretty much done half of the work to that just because I needed something to waste my time ... not it's just putting it together and officially naming it.

edit: Was it mentioned in how to go about naming the clans? : o I haven't had the luxury of time to back read that far today.