A Duskwight Discussion

Eva

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mm. Any meeting during early access or the first week of play I more than likely wouldn't be able to attend. As said, I'm moving, so I'm going to be preoccupied with driving several hundred miles and settling in to a new culture and climate. Any game-time I do have will be consumed trying to max out my monk so I can do endgame content with my FC.

Don't wait on my account. Just know my situation in case the situations of others align at all.

Someone's got to have enough photoshop chops to make something nifty ;)

I could do that.

Family Tree?

Yes, got that (but could easily get some screenshots of the various people rather than just names if it'd help):

EvaFamilyTree.jpg

Also super-excited about the Duskwight-only LS, and a group screenshot would be awesome if it's something we could schedule!  (although I get the feeling Eva might best be situated along the outer edge lol)  I'm sure I could also 'shop something together for the Wiki if Twinflame's got his hands full for awhile.

Oooh I'd love to do a DW screenie! As long as someone is in Grid for her to hear a rumor about a gathering it should be easy to come up with a reason to go to a gathering. After all, word about something like that is sure to cause a bit of gossip.

I never found the DW LS during phase 4 either, and I haven't seen any posts about it in here for a while, so.... I unno what's going on with that. Maybe someone else will have to start it after EA begins?

Oh, and if anyone wants to find Mya for RP after EA starts make sure to send me a /tell in game (Myavar Hla'rahel), 'cause I probably wont physically be in Grid. I intend to level mah face off . Myavar's current story has her as a fledgling student at the Conjurer's Guild, so going places outside of the city in RP wont be possible for a bit.

THREE MORE DAYS!! :bouncy:

I don't think the Wanderer's Shadow is really the same as what the Midnight Sanctuary would be. Duskwight might fit into it really well (mine certainly does) but it's not the same as a shelter for Duskwight and their culture specifically, like the planned DW Linshell is to be. Just because it wasn't up in beta doesn't mean it won't be come launch. Could just be that it fell through the cracks or that the person who meant to start it never got past all the bugs.

I chatted with Kari briefly on Skype yesterday and I believe she still means to start this up, so... stay tuned for more info! (hopefully she doesn't mind me speaking on her behalf like that, but I'll try to prod her to come here later and post some more info)

I don't think the Wanderer's Shadow is really the same as what the Midnight Sanctuary would be. Duskwight might fit into it really well (mine certainly does) but it's not the same as a shelter for Duskwight and their culture specifically, like the planned DW Linshell is to be. Just because it wasn't up in beta doesn't mean it won't be come launch. Could just be that it fell through the cracks or that the person who meant to start it never got past all the bugs.

LOL... sorry.

Miscommunication in thought.

I was referring to Wanderer's Shadow being used to get the word out ABOUT the Midnight Sanctuary... not using it as -the- DW focused Linkshell.

My bad.

I blame trying to type fast before crashing before work....

AND...

I'll be looking for you Kari :P

Mainly.... its an IC 'connection' for Duskwrights that could (hopefully) promote DW specific RP, offer us the chance to 'call' on our brethern/sisters when being IC harrassed or in trouble, etc.

As far as who to contact- Kari is the LS owner, but several others have invite abilities. Since the game is down, I'm going from memory here, but I think those that can invite are:

Kari

Yssen

Eva

Chiane

Send us a /tell- or make your desire known here and if we see you online, we'll try to grab you IC.

Mainly.... its an IC 'connection' for Duskwrights that could (hopefully) promote DW specific RP, offer us the chance to 'call' on our brethern/sisters when being IC harrassed or in trouble, etc.

As far as who to contact- Kari is the LS owner, but several others have invite abilities. Since the game is down, I'm going from memory here, but I think those that can invite are:

Kari

Yssen

Eva

Chiane

Send us a /tell- or make your desire known here and if we see you online, we'll try to grab you IC.

Thank you :) I have found it and joined.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh wow 13 pages to read through and learn something about the Duskwight. I really like mine so far (starting out THM going BMG; sometimes wish there were more class/job options then there is for Disciplines of Magic, or for both disciple types in general), but I don't know how to build her background! Hopefully reading through this will give me some idea. I feel like it's not so hard understanding how my lalafel (dunesfolk) would be personality wise, but my Duskwight? Not. A. Clue.

So I look forward to thumbing through this, and my DW's name is in the signature! I just started to level her so she's only 3, so I might not focus on RPing with her a lot (or any of my toons for that matter) until I can at least unlock the jobs.

Oh wow 13 pages to read through and learn something about the Duskwight. I really like mine so far (starting out THM going BMG; sometimes wish there were more class/job options then there is for Disciplines of Magic, or for both disciple types in general), but I don't know how to build her background! Hopefully reading through this will give me some idea. I feel like it's not so hard understanding how my lalafel (dunesfolk) would be personality wise, but my Duskwight? Not. A. Clue.

So I look forward to thumbing through this, and my DW's name is in the signature! I just started to level her so she's only 3, so I might not focus on RPing with her a lot (or any of my toons for that matter) until I can at least unlock the jobs.

Just got rogier to SCH so if you need a healer, for ques OOC of course, feel free to send me a /tell. not sure how much good I would be on dungeons with a cap below 22, but 30 and up I can assure of some nice healing skills.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bringing this back to life to grab some of my fellow DW players on balmung for a story arc to get Rogier deeper into the society.

So, i will need at least two volunteers, but I will take all I can get. Now these two(or more)) will be the one that "bump" into Rogier and get him to start learning more about duskwight life. Now I can think of at least one, maybe two of you who will probably jump at this call, but the rest of you can feel free to jump in on this too ;).

I don't have any specific days/times for this so it will just be whenever you see me on and want to grab Rogier for some adventure =). 

you can reply here, or just shoot me a PM, either works. if there is something more you want to know, or something specific you have in mind for a plan that you want to run by me before you ambush Rogier that's cool too!

After reading what Eva posted, as well as a fair bit of this thread, I do wonder about how well my character's concept fits a Duskwight Elezen, as much as I like it.

To elaborate, what I am primarily concerned about is that he lived most of his life in Ishgard, and served as a knight under House Durendaire for a considerable length of time. His RPWiki elaborates a little more thoroughly, but that's the gist of it.

As far as his general personality, while he's not quite as reclusive as the typical Duskwight, he is quite taciturn and introverted.

I'd offer help on your idea Lecard but I'd be one of the worse to help ^^; Considering it's a bit of a ongoing joke in my FC that my character was dropped on his head at birth from the way he acts compared to whats expected at times... Though on that same note I need to track someone down to even get in this LS still >w< if it's not one thing it's another in my life heh.

I'm eager to be involved, but probably not the best one to kind of tug at the strings for this sort of thing. Eva does not have a very extensive duskwight background and belongs to this group largely out of curiosity and wanting to honor some familial traditions and such. That being said, I'd still love to participate if there is any way that I am able that would make sense. :D