Eli's Art Thread

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ throws a bunch of feathers all over the place ]

I have returned after a long absence. So many new things going on now I'm a bit at a loss haha.

So! I've drawn a couple of things to get back into the FFXIV "mood". Here's one:

runningpiglets01_zpsf879494f.png

I'm loving their thread so far, such a nice read. Please check it out if you haven't yet.

Sorry if I got the characters' looks wrong btw.

I realize I do enjoy being a spectator more than a participant so if you happen to see a dodgy elezen or lalafell creeping about seemingly out of nowhere, that could just be me being interested in your story... and maybe drawing art of it. I really hope you guys don't mind. orz

I know I've squee'd about this enough over in the mentioned RP thread, but I actually have a question. Would it be okay if I cropped little Gran there and used him as my avatar? I wanna spread the adorbs.

[ throws a bunch of feathers all over the place ]

I have returned after a long absence. So many new things going on now I'm a bit at a loss haha.

So! I've drawn a couple of things to get back into the FFXIV "mood". Here's one:

runningpiglets01_zpsf879494f.png

I'm loving their thread so far, such a nice read. Please check it out if you haven't yet.

Sorry if I got the characters' looks wrong btw.

I realize I do enjoy being a spectator more than a participant so if you happen to see a dodgy elezen or lalafell creeping about seemingly out of nowhere, that could just be me being interested in your story... and maybe drawing art of it. I really hope you guys don't mind. orz

I've said it in the original thread, but it bears repeating--this is the first time a character of mine--in any MMO game--has been drawn by someone else completely of their own volition. I cannot even BEGIN to tell you how immensely good this feels. Like I was somehow...included in to this community.

It's completely silly I know, but...yea...I just love your style. It's expressive and simple without being simplistic (if that makes sense) and just absolutely oozes personality and style.

I heart you. So very hard.

-snip-

I know I've squee'd about this enough over in the mentioned RP thread, but I actually have a question. Would it be okay if I cropped little Gran there and used him as my avatar? I wanna spread the adorbs.

Sorry for the very late response! Sure, go on ahead!

Or you know... you could use this instead? :D

gran01_zpsaf98edb3.png

Since almost everyone is in an Eternal Bond mood, I figured I should draw my OTP going through it.

WARNING: This OTP has a high chance of tempering individuals to ship it 'til the end of time... I mean what.

granstahlotpdesuu01_zpsf6098031.png

granstahlotpdesuu02_zps5a62a233.png

granstahlotpdesuu03_zpscbd94e05.png

Absolutely no regrets.

Since almost everyone is in an Eternal Bond mood, I figured I should draw my OTP going through it.

WARNING: This OTP has a high chance of tempering individuals to ship it 'til the end of time... I mean what.

Absolutely no regrets.

You know you can't give me something like that and expect me not to use it.

Absolutely no regrets.

Gran... the bishounen behemoth. (d-did you change your title too!?!)

Absolutely no regrets.

Gran... the bishounen behemoth. (d-did you change your title too!?!)

It was required for maximum swoon.

Absolutely no regrets.

I think you should know that you are an Amazing Person.

Now I kind of need to see Steel and Gran sharing their nuptial Meateors.

Hello again. Posting a short comic based on a scene I saw. This is already a week late as it took place last December 06.

I was about to head off to bed when I saw this on public chat and decided to... hang around for a bit.

qs120614-01_zps0bb02ebe.png

qs120614-02_zps8255b078.png

qs120614-03_zps41e1033a.png

qs120614-05_zpsc3bd53d9.png

qs120614-04_zps3c26aa04.png

And the aftermath..?

qs120614-06_zps8b9c1cc1.png

qs120614-07_zps3084432f.png

And then I had to log off because it was already 6am haha. Oh well.

I'm not fully aware of the characters' histories/current standings with one another and just assumed based on how I interpreted the log so I'm sorry for any inaccuracies.

And the aftermath..?

I'm not fully aware of the characters' histories/current standings with one another and just assumed based on how I interpreted the log so I'm sorry for any inaccuracies.

Bahaha, Chachan is not buying it at all... the grumpiest face. Love the detail on the armor and Warren's hair too. You never cease to impress Eli.

Though, you got me wondering if I should just hire you as my personal artist since you keep making all this stuff with Gran and Chachan in it. :lol:

On the bit about "inaccuracies", you captured the scene pretty well. Warren and his lady-friend Sei are set to be married (hoping to be invited to the wedding zomg), and from my OOC understanding Warren and Crofte had themselves a brief fling at some point before all this. Apparently, Coat was sending dirty looks their way well before Chachan showed up.

For those who weren't there... Warren (Chachan's arms teacher and generally rad dude) was talking with the Lala about his training and fighting and such. The topic came up about being ready for a fight anywhere and Sei decided to make a rather abrupt point about it. She has more recently offered to teach the lad how to fight against spears after he lost a match to someone using one in the Grindstone, which makes me feel extra bad that her name escapes me at the moment. :blush: Her name is Sei and I totally didn't blank on that. Thankyouosric

And the aftermath..?

Bahaha, Chachan is not buying it at all... the grumpiest face. Love the detail on the armor and Warren's hair too. You never cease to impress Eli.

Though, you got me wondering if I should just hire you as my personal artist since you keep making all this stuff with Gran and Chachan in it. :lol:

On the bit about "inaccuracies", you captured the scene pretty well. Warren and his lady-friend are set to be married (hoping to be invited to the wedding zomg), and from my OOC understanding Warren and Crofte had themselves a brief fling at some point before all this. Apparently, Coat was sending dirty looks their way well before Chachan showed up.

For those who weren't there... Warren (Chachan's arms teacher and generally rad dude) was talking with the Lala about his training and fighting and such. The topic came up about being ready for a fight anywhere and his lady-friend decided to make a rather abrupt point about it. She has more recently offered to teach the lad how to fight against spears after he lost a match to someone using one in the Grindstone, which makes me feel extra bad that her name escapes me at the moment. :blush:

That was the RPC's own Jana, if I remember correctly. The night's a bit hazy for me.

But Eli! Thanks for sticking it out to capture a scene. It's awesome of you to do this sort of thing, and I'm flattered you found me and drew all the stuff and it's awesome and I'm happy and I've got a reputation to maintain you jerk!

Looking forward to the next fortunate souls you happen to be idling around. I didn't even catch you around, you sneaky sod!

That was the RPC's own Jana, if I remember correctly. The night's a bit hazy for me.

Yeah, Jana was the one he lost to at the Grindstone. I was just feeling bad about forgetting Sei's name more than anything, especially now that Chachan's met her a couple times IC now. I hope Sei will forgive this transgression.

(I'm totally not emphasizing the name so I remember it for next time, what're you on about?)

And I didn't see you around either, Eli! So sneaky!

Looking forward to the next fortunate souls you happen to be idling around. I didn't even catch you around, you sneaky sod!

(I'm totally not emphasizing the name so I remember it for next time, what're you on about?)

And I didn't see you around either, Eli! So sneaky!

Aw gosh you guys. Thanks again so much.:blush:

Hehehehe. I am currently levelling up my sneaking skills and when I reach the level cap of 9000 I'll sneak all over the place... and then wait for a scene to unfold... Muwahahahaha!!

In all seriousness, I hope people really don't mind if a scene they're doing pops up in here! It's just my way of giving the participants a +1 for an interesting and engaging scene.:D

I'll try to do more. Please look forward to it.

qs120614-05_zpsc3bd53d9.png

"THE CROFTE SIGNAL!"

Seriously, though, I doubt anyone will mind getting arts for the RPs they've done. They're have to be quite the jerk if they did. I just hope people don't start trying to hunt you down and start RPs around you just to try to get some free arts. :blush:

I doubt anyone here would do that, of course, but I often find myself worrying about those sorts of things regardless.