Eli's Art Thread

Was doing some warm ups earlier and decided to draw a Roegadyn because I'm not used to drawing people with their facial structure and build.

roeprac_zps3e37d7b3.png

Still needs to look more gruff? I suppose he can pass as a younger Roegadyn. -shrugs-

More FFXIV art to come... soon!

In the meantime, you can look through my intro for some silly drawings I made in response to the greetings I got (with the special participation of my lalafell Yuzen Sozen). :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww shucks you guys. Thank you for the compliments. :blush:

Anyway, I'm on "art hermit" mode these past couple of days hence the very late post. Nonetheless, here's another sketch.

lostwithyou_zps90107417.png

Did this as a break from work-related stuff plus I wanted to do a bit of fanart for my mentor, Abaigeal! :D

Hehe.. good times.

Gosh. I may have forgotten to draw in my own style. Also, please pardon the anatomy. I'll fix it later...

Looking great!!! I love your elezen's and Abi's expression. Also I'll quote the words from my art teacher. "It doesn't matter what or how you draw it. Your own drawing style will always be reflected in it. Unless you carbon copy it from something else..." Drawing style is more than a way of how to draw a person(or anything for that matter), it goes as deep as how you draw a simple line.

Basically, it's my own long-winded way of saying that I'm still seeing the same drawing style in both your drawings. xD

Thank you once again for the kind words. :blush:

I feel that drawing a character helps me in fleshing them out, so I did that with my highlander alt. I didn't get the chance to create him last phase and I couldn't wait for the character creation benchmark so.. this happened.

gav00_zps5efd9132.png

The base!

gav01_zpscfaa73f6.png

This is the "default" midlander hairstyle. I sort of like it and wish it were an option for highlanders. :c

gav02_zps56a5be9d.png

An available hair option for highlanders that I butchered. Sorry. orz

gav03_zps6c102143.png

One of the roegadyn hairstyles. Guh, highlanders need more hair options. :I

As if hairstyles weren't enough, I added some facial hair too. :T

Hair option 01

gav01-01_zps2dc2beff.png

gav01-02_zpsbdf25e2a.png

gav01-03_zpscfad5fb6.png

I'm liking the last combination the most...

Hair option 02

gav02-01_zpse60b1602.png

gav02-02_zps4d9fd5ce.png

gav02-03_zps4e6b8e07.png

Hmm.

Hair option 03

gav03-01_zps4f81cf2e.png

gav03-02_zps7e271984.png

gav03-03_zpsf32fd2f5.png

I think this is too much now.. orz

I ended up liking hair option 01 and facial hair option 03 the most but then I felt sad because those aren't available in game. Oh well. :(

Looking great!!! I love your elezen's and Abi's expression. Also I'll quote the words from my art teacher. "It doesn't matter what or how you draw it. Your own drawing style will always be reflected in it. Unless you carbon copy it from something else..." Drawing style is more than a way of how to draw a person(or anything for that matter), it goes as deep as how you draw a simple line.

Basically, it's my own long-winded way of saying that I'm still seeing the same drawing style in both your drawings. xD

Ahaha, thank you for this. I just have trouble being consistent with whatever style I attempt to try or do, like it would warp into a different style every few drawings or so. Anyway, I'll keep that in mind from now on. Thank you! :D

Thank you once again for the kind words. :blush:

I feel that drawing a character helps me in fleshing them out, so I did that with my highlander alt. I didn't get the chance to create him last phase and I couldn't wait for the character creation benchmark so.. this happened.

gav00_zps5efd9132.png

The base!

gav01_zpscfaa73f6.png

This is the "default" midlander hairstyle. I sort of like it and wish it were an option for highlanders. :c

gav02_zps56a5be9d.png

An available hair option for highlanders that I butchered. Sorry. orz

gav03_zps6c102143.png

One of the roegadyn hairstyles. Guh, highlanders need more hair options. :I

As if hairstyles weren't enough, I added some facial hair too. :T

Hair option 01

gav01-01_zps2dc2beff.png

gav01-02_zpsbdf25e2a.png

gav01-03_zpscfad5fb6.png

I'm liking the last combination the most...

Hair option 02

gav02-01_zpse60b1602.png

gav02-02_zps4d9fd5ce.png

gav02-03_zps4e6b8e07.png

Hmm.

Hair option 03

gav03-01_zps4f81cf2e.png

gav03-02_zps7e271984.png

gav03-03_zpsf32fd2f5.png

I think this is too much now.. orz

I ended up liking hair option 01 and facial hair option 03 the most but then I felt sad because those aren't available in game. Oh well. :(

heh, i had the same thing happen to me with a previous character. For some reason i got a picture of him in my head, but then found that neither the hair color, style or skin tone was available.  >.<  like a boss :frustrated:

-snip-

heh, i had the same thing happen to me with a previous character. For some reason i got a picture of him in my head, but then found that neither the hair color, style or skin tone was available.  >.<  like a boss :frustrated:

Our concepts of them would remain in our heads.. at least until new options were made available and that hair color, style and skin tone we want were amongst them. xD

• 1 year later...

[ throws a bunch of feathers all over the place ]

I have returned after a long absence. So many new things going on now I'm a bit at a loss haha.

So! I've drawn a couple of things to get back into the FFXIV "mood". Here's one:

runningpiglets01_zpsf879494f.png

I'm loving their thread so far, such a nice read. Please check it out if you haven't yet.

Sorry if I got the characters' looks wrong btw.

I realize I do enjoy being a spectator more than a participant so if you happen to see a dodgy elezen or lalafell creeping about seemingly out of nowhere, that could just be me being interested in your story... and maybe drawing art of it. I really hope you guys don't mind. orz