Driftwood Coast (Disbanded)

Here's the official news from Square-Enix According to The Lodestone:

At the following time, we will be performing emergency maintenance. During this period, the Worlds listed below will be unavailable.

As we previously announced on the “Regarding the Instance-Related Issues (Aug. 24)” announcement, we will be conducting maintenance to address the issue wherein players are unable to access instances.

While we previously stated that we will be optimizing the servers prior to the emergency maintenance, we will require additional time to also implement counter measures to decrease the load on the servers. 

While we estimate the time frame of the maintenance to be around two and a half hours, we will do our best to complete the maintenance as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]

Aug. 24, 2013 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you interested in Crafting and / or the Head Artisan position, you should check out the following article.  It is immensely informative, and takes a lot of the guesswork out of crafting.  This thread really doesn't get as much visibility as it deserves, but those interested should really take a look!

[align=center]Crafting 101[/align]

[align=center]

[/align]

This was just posted to @FFXIV_NEWS_EN on Twitter:

Hello, this is FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director, Yoshida.

The maximum expected population limit is nearing for each World, and unless the current World simultaneous connection amount decreases, we are unable to open release the limitation.

In case we do release the limitation, there is a high chance that the corresponding World will crash or cause issues, and we are thinking that it will be difficult for us to release it for a while. We please ask you to consider playing in a World that has a low limitation.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause and ask to continue with your cooperation.

This was just posted to @FFXIV_NEWS_EN on Twitter:

Hello, this is FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director, Yoshida.

The maximum expected population limit is nearing for each World, and unless the current World simultaneous connection amount decreases, we are unable to open release the limitation.

In case we do release the limitation, there is a high chance that the corresponding World will crash or cause issues, and we are thinking that it will be difficult for us to release it for a while. We please ask you to consider playing in a World that has a low limitation.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause and ask to continue with your cooperation.

I think I just cried a little on the inside. :cry:

*pours waterfall tears*

Was going to join you guys at the cozy campfire event you were hosting, but the server was not having it. Anyways, saw a couple of you mates around while a good friend and I were brushing up on some lost time, and was nice to see some Roleplay actually going on. Hopefully next time we can stay and chat a bit. Cheers, and feel free to look me up sometime if you care for a story or two.

-Riken

Was going to join you guys at the cozy campfire event you were hosting, but the server was not having it. Anyways, saw a couple of you mates around while a good friend and I were brushing up on some lost time, and was nice to see some Roleplay actually going on. Hopefully next time we can stay and chat a bit. Cheers, and feel free to look me up sometime if you care for a story or two.

-Riken

That's great to hear!  Yes, fortunately (or perhaps UN-fortunately) we've have postponed the yarn-spin until further notice due to the server woes.  So don't worry, you didn't miss it!  I'll try to keep this page updated with info as to when we'll have it.

Man, was looking forward to the event but errors abound as we all know. :(

Looking forward to when the new date is determined, excited to see y'all in game! Feel free to add me (IGN: Tirien Gallentra) to your friends list and all that jazz before hand! :)

[align=center]'Ello Drifters!  Wanted to let you all know that we've for an enjin site @ http://driftwood.enjin.com/.  We hope to have some cool stuff added in the near future, but we're still working on it.  [/align]

[align=center]For those of you that haven't been able to join us yet, please be patient!  SE is working on a fix and announced that fee-based world transfer will be available mid September, so we're anticipating some off-loading to happen as well as opening the creation once the population levels out.[/align]

[align=center]In the meantime, I wanted to post a few pix that were taken from the petition signing for the Free Company, along with some shots with friends.  [/align]

[align=center]a9G9l9q.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Desmond is hesitant to follow such a brash young man.[/align]

[align=center]06q36c0.jpg[/align]

[align=center]But promises to protect Kayle, from himself if nothing else.[/align]

[align=center]TS8Ap97.jpg[/align]

[align=center]And so it was that on a dark and stormy night in Gridania, the two newest members Y'dyalani and P'xhapa met with Desmond and Kayle to realize a dream.[/align]

[align=center]IKWzRhi.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Bumped into this little spitfire again in Ul'Dah...[/align]

[align=center]y0Tjrx5.jpg[/align]

[align=center]... and her travelling companion Bloodwillow is never too far away.[/align]

[align=center]K5wVsx4.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Lucy was kind enough to tell us a story before retiring to the Inn.[/align]

[align=center]ZjFLcBg.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Our only outtake, when Desomond decided he wanted his invisible friend in the picture :P[/align]