Error 3102?

Is anyone else getting the error 3102? Something about still being logged into the game and to wait for your account to log back out? I disconnected, now I can't get back in! D: It's been this way for about half an hour now.

Any ideas on how to fix it? :/

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a very long thread about it on the beta forums.  I didn't read to the end to see fixes or suggestions, but it was 11 pages long.

Siiiiigh. Well. Thanks. :( At least I know I'm not alone. All the info I found on Google is from 2010.

Don't feel too bad. I went to do some quests that port you into a story/level sync. It disconnected me repeatedly now. In turn, it still thinks I'm in that story and has disabled LS/FC/Tells etc. And every point I'm at requires porting into a story, but it keeps booting me. I'm not sure if there is an issue for others like that.

I have been getting the same error as well for 2 hours or so. I read if you have a second char on the same account you can log in with that one and it will log you out but that does not work or I'm just doing it wrong... If anyone figures this out please let us know. Square isn't helping much with this. Must be too busy with other stuff. But if its based on some timer its a long timer lol :-p

I've tried making another character on the same account but it doesn't let me log into that either. I've been surfing around the internet though and it looks like it'll either straighten itself out on its own for you OR you'll have to wait for a server reset. :/ Mine has been down for nearly 3 hours so I'm guessing I'll have to wait for that reset.

At this point I wonder how long we will be waiting for the server to crash or them to do a manual reset lol. I can't blame them really I guess because it probably would be huge pain to have to track a players data down and log them out manually. But I hope this isn't a thing that can't be fixed in a future patch. I'm surprised there isn't a better way to force a log out somehow but then again if that was known people would be doing it to other players I'm sure. I thought it was weird that I was always able to stay on with out being auto logged out like other mmos do if you don't have any activity for a long period. The only thing else I found was that most people say it happens when you are partied up and your connection drops out. Thats what was the situation with me. Some kind of glitch where maybe it thinks your still in a party or something. Sounds weird to me but maybe possible. Or maybe we are cursed because we play too much lol.

Oh I have indeed reported it every way I could as I want to see anything that can get in the way of a truely epic experience fixed. But, I wasn't holding my breath about it thinking it would be fixed right now lol. I wish I would have found this forum a very long time ago for sure since there is so much activity with like minded players. Hopefully I can get back on soon and this was a one time issue and not a everyday thing. My luck it will happen again lol. I figured something was bound to happen sooner or later. Time for me to share in the bug moments like others he he. A girl has to have a moment too sooner or later. Its great tho to see this era of old final fantasy from the nes and SNES days again but without the 20 hour linear limitations and friends to to hang out with in the fun :-)

Found a bit of information regarding this issue on Reddit. Someone called the support line and actually got to talk to someone! Here's their answer:

Looks like there's not much to be done except wait for a server reset. Which hopefully should be before they open the flood gates for the rest of the world tomorrow. :(

TECH SUPPORT / CUSTOMER SERVICE REPLY:

Just got off the phone with Customer service speaking with two separate people and being on the phone for about two hours. The problem seems to be that the customer service is no where near the developers so there is very little we can do to "ring the bell" on this issue. The Tech Support team was very sincere and realistic about the 3102 issue and what they can and cannot fix. They are aware of what is going on and assured me the developers must know about the issue by now. It really is in the developers hands right now.

As far as the customer service is concerned, do not waste your time and theirs by flooding them with calls. Their hands are tied on this specific issue, and realistically, I only thought they could help if they had some sort of account / character tools to maybe delete the characters caught in limbo, which they don't.

So the last reponses to this was about four hours ago. I can confirm I got the same error when I logged off last night, around eight hours ago and I am still getting it this morning. Will the servers be reset anytime soon as I doubt my problem it going to fix itself?

So the last reponses to this was about four hours ago. I can confirm I got the same error when I logged off last night, around eight hours ago and I am still getting it this morning. Will the servers be reset anytime soon as I doubt my problem it going to fix itself?

There's no way for any of us to say when the servers will be reset. I was hoping they'd be reset sometime before the open beta begins, but that's in about 15 minutes and so far...no luck. :/

I'm starting to think that because it's just open beta they won't bother to reset the servers. Since it's been over an hour since it's started, anyway. Well, as long as this problem is sorted by early access I'll do my best to be patient. However, this doesn't stop me being disappointed.

Well, its well into 14 hours for me as well that I can't do anything in game... Would have been nice to have thought about trying to have 2 beta accounts in case but I wasn't thinking this would happen. Weird... I agree about early access and hoping its resolved by then as in the bug being fixed because this would be huge bummer to go through this once I'm paying per month :/ this could really suck if your trying to set up some epic friend fun and your either waiting for your friends that are stuck in limbo land or they are waiting on you. It would be great to be able to get support to reset my connection but actually if its used to track this issue down and fix it permanently I would settle for that since it may happen again it seems maybe. I have seen weird stuff but this is comical and frustrating if that makes any sence at all :-P