Error 3102?

They're about to start performing emergency maintenance on the NA database center, so maybe that will fix this.

Where'd you hear that? I can't get on the forums due to the "the forums have rolled over and died, but you can use twitter, which we haven't updated in eight hours" message.

Not doubting you or anything, just curious.

It's being spammed to the JP servers right now (and, according to a friend still connected to Behemoth, to their server as well).

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was referring to opening them up for character creation, since they've been flooded and locked down.

Oh.  I know Balmung was open for 30 mins to an hour sometime this morning because I was able to make a character before I went to bed.  But I don't think it's been open at all today otherwise.

I must be missing something, but the time on the emergency maint says it's from 11:30 to 12:00 PDT... as far as I can find that's pacific daylight time.... which means it should have been finished 30 mins ago. I haven't seen the servers go offline at all. Did they do it or is it at a different time all together that I'm missing?

I must be missing something, but the time on the emergency maint says it's from 11:30 to 12:00 PDT... as far as I can find that's pacific daylight time.... which means it should have been finished 30 mins ago. I haven't seen the servers go offline at all. Did they do it or is it at a different time all together that I'm missing?

They didn't take the servers down, which is odd.  Supposedly they were going to do the maintenance with the servers still up.  There was another notice saying more maintenance, and I guess you could read it as either applying to both NA and JP servers, or just applying to the JP servers in the list beneath it.  Not sure which it is, tho.

O.o

I'm back in! How'd that happen?

Edit: Nevermind. That was cruel. It let me load all the way in and then punted me back to the menu.

I rushed to the client and tried to log in...and it was like, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS."

And then booted me.  :cry:

so basically they decided to fix other problems but instead of taking the servers offline at the same time to help all of us too... they figured screw all you guys until nobody can eventually log in? lol so sad. I think it's even weirder I can log into the Jap servers and log out but the NA servers say I'm logged in. How weird... :frustrated:

I rushed to the client and tried to log in...and it was like, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS."

And then booted me.  :cry:

I did this too. :( False hope.

On the other hand the Japanese server group seems to be offline now, or so I assume anyway - its not showing up anymore for me. Maybe they've taken them down rather than doing the same as they did for the NA ones?

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

*twitches*

I think I should take this as a sign to go to bed like a normal person...

I have this small, glorious hope that Square's customer service/tech support will get better.  More communication is really needed.  I think a lot of companies don't realize how important it is to let their players know that yes, there's actual human beings dealing with the problem right now (even if we can't see or know them).

I also really hope they restart the freaking servers. :-\

I have this small, glorious hope that Square's customer service/tech support will get better.  More communication is really needed.  I think a lot of companies don't realize how important it is to let their players know that yes, there's actual human beings dealing with the problem right now (even if we can't see or know them).

There are people that aren't happy either way. If they do keep up constant communication, you get people that say, "Aren't there better things you could be doing? Like your freaking job?!" And then arguing commences. It does seem to distract people from the matter at hand though. Hm.

Whenever I get these issues with online games I just stop and think; "Okay... How would I fix this problem?" - Which is when I realize I'm frowning at developers and essentially taking them by the shoulders and shaking them violently, screaming; "I DON'T UNDERSTAND, JUST FIX IT. YOU CAN DO IT I KNOW YOU CAN, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING. JUST FIX IT."

...And that is what keeps me sane. Cause I know I wouldn't have a flipping clue as to what to do.

I did this too. :( False hope.

On the other hand the Japanese server group seems to be offline now, or so I assume anyway - its not showing up anymore for me. Maybe they've taken them down rather than doing the same as they did for the NA ones?

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

*twitches*

I think I should take this as a sign to go to bed like a normal person...

Naw just wishful thinking. The JP server list isn't available after logging in, but the server status on the launcher says they are all up. I must say I was VERY impressed with this game up untill tonight. Got both my brothers to finally play the same game as me and here I can't even log in now to do that. I'm sure restarting their servers might fix a few of their other server errors too... I think they are :cactuar: from this problem lol :P

There are people that aren't happy either way. If they do keep up constant communication, you get people that say, "Aren't there better things you could be doing? Like your freaking job?!" And then arguing commences. It does seem to distract people from the matter at hand though. Hm.

While that is true, the worst thing that can happen is for your playerbase to think they're being ignored.  Because in this day and age, they will get louder and louder and louder in an effort to be heard.  This also results in players leaving.  If paying customers believe that their problems and issues are being ignored by the people they're paying for access to the game, they stop playing.  Even just being sympathetic, while making it clear you can't fix the problem immediately, goes a huge distance when dealing with the public at large.

And if people behave like monsters because someone responds?  Ban them.  It works really well.

Whenever I get these issues with online games I just stop and think; "Okay... How would I fix this problem?" - Which is when I realize I'm frowning at developers and essentially taking them by the shoulders and shaking them violently, screaming; "I DON'T UNDERSTAND, JUST FIX IT. YOU CAN DO IT I KNOW YOU CAN, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING. JUST FIX IT."

...And that is what keeps me sane. Cause I know I wouldn't have a flipping clue as to what to do.

Well, it's a beta and you expect these problems.  Still, it is disheartening as I have been sitting on the edge of my seat for weeks waiting for this beta and I JUST WANNA PLAY MAN!  :cry:

I personally only get antsy when there's no response.  It's much easier when there's some kind of acknowledgement, even just a, "Hey, we know there are problems, so we're working on them!"  It's one of the reasons I've stayed with Blizzard for so long.  In that respect, I'm likely spoiled! :D

I'm in EST, when's 12:30AM to 1:00AM PDT?

EST is 3 hours ahead of PDT.  So, 4am your time.

Haaah, nice signature Edward, but you haven't survived yet, you're still in the midst of the chaos~

Wah!

I got to 11 as Arcanist in 4 hours. It makes me weep that I'm unable to work on my other classes, though. Like Fisher (which I do in every MMO except for Guild Wars 2 because it's not there*) and Culinarian (* = same thing as Fisher).

Not to mention, but I'm giving up some major sleep for this. I pulled an all-nighter last night (16th to 17th) to find a resolution for the error (which was fruitless) and now here I am waiting for a maintenance that might not even solve the problem. The forum said they might have reset the servers at 5 AM yesterday because of the introduction of Phase 4 players, but that didn't happen, so I've given 2 nights to this error because I'm an insomniac and gamer. >.<

Wah!

I got to 11 as Arcanist in 4 hours. It makes me weep that I'm unable to work on my other classes, though. Like Fisher (which I do in every MMO except for Guild Wars 2 because it's not there*) and Culinarian (* = same thing as Fisher).

Not to mention, but I'm giving up some major sleep for this. I pulled an all-nighter last night (16th to 17th) to find a resolution for the error (which was fruitless) and now here I am waiting for a maintenance that might not even solve the problem. The forum said they might have reset the servers at 5 AM yesterday because of the introduction of Phase 4 players, but that didn't happen, so I've given 2 nights to this error because I'm an insomniac and gamer. >.<

I feel your pain man... I scheduled my weekend around being able to play this beta phase since I wont get to do early access... But I suppose if you really look at this phase as a stress test, we did our job and broke it ;)