Error 3102?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably. Though Neka icly wouldn't need a reason to drink. 

"It's a day that ends in 'Y' " *glug glug* 

At least there's some good that came out of this. I'd still rather be playing the game though. The only entertaining thing I have at the moment is the mental imagery of a bunch of game devs being screamed at and beaten for shaming SqaureEnix with their stability issues. 

I know that's horrible. However I'm hoping the realm lockdowns are only a temporary thing till launch. I can't imagine them trying to launch a game in which people will have to immediately pay to transfer to the server of their friends since they're unable to roll there.

I think I'm up to 10hours of 3102 now. I'm so happy my friends and I did manage to get onto Balmung(yippie for being up at 4am...) but now I'm the ONLY one out of them to be locked out. I know this is 'just beta'... I've worked in the game industry and on the launch of a massive MMO before. But this is just being really poorly handled. The lack of updates about it is what is really killing me. If they're trying to build up good PR/rapport with fans to bring them in/back in after how badly the first launch went, this is a classic case of how NOT to do it.

It's pretty much ruining my Sunday, honestly... I guess I work more on the little story I was writing for T'sal but still... when you have no life and this was what you were kind of basing your weekend around, it burns a bit.

:cry:

Poor Corelyn is standing in the middle of Western La Noscea, just milling about. ICly, she'd likely be chilling somewhere quiet with a nice view, scrawling in her grimoire... and likely causing a ruckus with the results of some of her less... successful designs.

And all my other RP characters are floating around in limbo somewhere. =-( Poor things. They're just begging to be made, but 3102's all...

thm_5180390490816.jpg

Yeah, I gave up for the rest of my shift and am just playing with emotes on a JP server with my Miqo'te kitty!Dailen. lol Though I really need to figure out a good way to translate Dailen Darnarius to the proper Miqo'te naming convention. lol I don't like the current one I have.

Error 3102... 2013... 2+0 = 2+1 = 3...

So you know what that means...

HL3-640x340.jpg

I didn't want to be the first one to do this. Thank you. X-D

got locked out twice, first time I managed to salvage it but now I'm permanently stuck in 3102.

I don't mind it really as this is a stress test, but it just shocks me how Square Enix really has no actual form of communication, nor have they bothered to reset servers. They rather just leave a decent % of testers stuck in 3102 than get them back in game to stress test more. Baffles me and this actually is my first beta test where the company test has made almost no effort to resolve log-in issues. Ontop of that the beta forums to report issues has been down for at least 50% of the test ; so exactly how are we even going to report issues?

Either Square Enix was seriously thrown for a loop by the amount of people testing and posting (how? They knew the numbers since August 2nd and had 2 weeks to plan... ) or they just flat out didn't do much of anything in that time and under-estimated almost everything.

Funny thing is, there is an easy fix for this problem that blows my mind why SE has not done this. It is called an AFK time out :P you know... something most MMOs have had since ye olde days , just like the ability to hide/show quests :angel:

It is what it is though; Guess we shall find out how good Square Enix is at dealing with server load come early access, and fixing problems like this.

PS: At least we got "Confirmation" about you know what from this error :evil: That's right Gabe, we're onto you!

I am also depressed by this. I think Square-Enix really did something careless for their part. Though I am hoping they'll work on this and fix it asap.

Yeah I am guessing last nights server shutdown was an attempt to fix it. 

Hopefully they will solve it before open beta ends tomorrow, just so I can see that it is fixed and ready for early access. Otherwise I'll be worried that come the 24th I'll remain in limbo.

Eh, I'm not bothered by the lack of communication. I have no idea what the technical aspect of this situation is, and I imagine they are working towards fixing it. The best sort of communication we would get, even if they did respond would be something along the lines of: 

"We're looking into the issue at hand."

Which doesn't provide much comfort anyways! Either way, Beta is Free, so we're not really entitled to anything, even after you pay, you're still not entitled to it. You just paid Square for 'permission' to play their game. They can take it away at any time they want, cause it's still their game.

But of course, logic is lost in a land of thirst. AND DAMNIT I WANT TO BE QUENCHED... FIX IT SQUARE. FIIIIX IIIIT~

Okay, even I'm losing faith in Square now. Maybe it's just that I stayed up all night and sacrificed sleep, but I'm starting to consider quitting XIV. Gahh.

Pfft, it's BETA. Just remember that! If it was launch I'd understand, that's why this isn't as big a deal as Error 37. The game isn't actually out yet, or released, so they get a bit of teeter room. After all, this was the -purpose- of Beta! 

STAND STRONG... or don't, IDK it's your money.

I found the perfect cure to this problem... In effort to take my mind off of things, and waste time till Early Access. I've decided to take on the painstakingly long game of 'Marathon' mode of Civ V. 

...These games can last up to a week.

BOREDOM. GONE.

My issue is the lack of communication. The fact that the error persists is bad, yes. It's beta. I've been there. It's hell company-side... but to have no updates in over 6 hours on the only source people CAN right now(twitter, since forums are down and they don't post crap on FB) is just really bad.

It's getting them and will get them bad press. And I can't really say they don't deserve it for this shoddy response to players. Even if it is beta, at least give us some status updates. Seriously.

I feel your pain Covikt. Same as you, got kicked while weaving together some pretty clothes. And after a good night of sleep, I came back to...the same error. 

*Shrug* Oh well. Who wants to make a character on a Japan server, pick a starting city, and just sit around and RP?!