Error 3102?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel your pain Covikt. Same as you, got kicked while weaving together some pretty clothes. And after a good night of sleep, I came back to...the same error. 

*Shrug* Oh well. Who wants to make a character on a Japan server, pick a starting city, and just sit around and RP?!

There was a bit of that going on last night on Tiamat! Down for doing that again.

I feel your pain Covikt. Same as you, got kicked while weaving together some pretty clothes. And after a good night of sleep, I came back to...the same error. 

*Shrug* Oh well. Who wants to make a character on a Japan server, pick a starting city, and just sit around and RP?!

Ooo Mememe! Haru needs to meet people! Lol

Eh, I'm not bothered by the lack of communication. I have no idea what the technical aspect of this situation is, and I imagine they are working towards fixing it. The best sort of communication we would get, even if they did respond would be something along the lines of: 

"We're looking into the issue at hand."

Which doesn't provide much comfort anyways! Either way, Beta is Free, so we're not really entitled to anything, even after you pay, you're still not entitled to it. You just paid Square for 'permission' to play their game. They can take it away at any time they want, cause it's still their game.

But of course, logic is lost in a land of thirst. AND DAMNIT I WANT TO BE QUENCHED... FIX IT SQUARE. FIIIIX IIIIT~

The lack of communication is off-putting. 

A simple acknowledgement of the problem does help. Of course the hard fast complainers and skeptics won't be assured, but the bulk of the people will be. last night on the beta forums there was an post announcing that an issue preventing people from connecting to the game was resolved. Such a general phase does include the 3102 bug, but of course that bug wasn't fixed. A bit of communication would of prevented the increase agitation and attack son SE over this issue.   

I understand beta is beta and I am not giving up on the game, but I am giving up on playing the beta anymore. But without communication over this issue there will be nagging in my mind over whether or not I sill still be in limbo come early access and if I am not, is the root cause still there and it could happen again. And then, how much faith do I have in the NA customer service reps in handling it in a reasonable amount of time.

they acknowledged it in a twitter post made around 21 hours ago. However they asked that you go to the beta forums and input character name and server and they will see what they can do.

People have been doing that since around 6pm on day 1 , and the twitter response went up around 3pm yesterday. Even today as I type this "zero" people have had it fixed. In fact their beta forums don't even work anymore because of the volume of people reporting the problem.

From how it looks, they are just going to chug through the final day and leave 3102 as is and everyone will be fine once the servers go up on the 24th again. Problem is once you get load like this 3102 will resurface if they don't 'figure out a fix. From what people are saying here and there... v1.0 had this exact problem and it never was fixed. You had to submit a ticket and wait for them to log you off manually.

Add me to the 3102 crew. Looking at these posts, I consider myself very fortunate indeed to get in as much play time as I did. My heart goes out to all those locked out from their very first attempt D:

My hope now is that they fix it before Early release and that the bug is not bad enough for them to wipe character data ><

Im not sure submitting a ticket will do much good. I did that Saturday (est us time) when it happened. Got a reply this morning from a bot that basically said wait till beta is over. 

Actual text was "we will respond to your ticket in 2 days"

It does make sense that they won't being worrying about tickets in a beta, since the beta forums are suppose to be a huge ticket itself. So in-game ones are probably being ignored at the moment.

Also important non 3102 related issues my be getting lost due to this single issue being spammed over and over on the forums to the point of causing it to crash.

As a result of 3102, playing on Japanese server Tiamat and noticing something a little interesting- far fewer genitalia/sexual/troll names.  Just an odd observation.

Also, someone skilled in .gif making needs to take the scene of Bahamut bursting out of Dalamud, put 3102 on his head, and show him wrecking the joint.

As a result of 3102, playing on Japanese server Tiamat and noticing something a little interesting- far fewer genitalia/sexual/troll names.  Just an odd observation.

Also, someone skilled in .gif making needs to take the scene of Bahamut bursting out of Dalamud, put 3102 on his head, and show him wrecking the joint.

A group of us are RPing on Tiamat in Ul'dah if you wana come waste time~. We're down by the side bar thing in the back of the Airship place.

>_> I always have consider the Japanese better than us thanks to their culture.. Well better than every other nation. xD