The Screenshot Thread [Tag Your Spoilers]

I've yet to figure out how to get such great angles on my screenshots.

That and everyone seems to master expressions! Kind of makes me wish I just had a 3TB external drive that was constantly recording me ><  Then I bet I'd have something worth posting lol

If only the Darklight armour didn't have those sleeves, then mayyyybe I could pass it for tribal wear/desert use and wear it instead of the other things @-@

[align=center]tumblr_mvjxoyemjo1s6ok19o1_1280.png[/align]

Kinda don't see the issue.  I'm pretty sure I saw Miqo NPCs with sleeves and arm guards when I was in Forgotten Springs.

Edited to Add: I wanted to clarify this: I don't understand the idea that arms must show in "desert wear." The reason that people who live in primarily arid locations wear covering clothing is that this actually keeps you cooler than if you expose your skin and face to the sun. So the idea of going half-naked in the desert just...boggles my mind. xD

Oh I know that! In fact the thing I was wearing up until now covered the arms too. The difference is that they were made from leather whereas this is a heavy plate armour. It looks to me as though it'd overheat rather quickly in the sun, unlike the covering robes that would keep you cool ^^"

Perhaps I am wrong though, I'd love if someone where to be prove so ~

Oh I know that! In fact the thing I was wearing up until now covered the arms too. The difference is that they were made from leather whereas this is a heavy plate armour. It looks to me as though it'd overheat rather quickly in the sun, unlike the covering robes that would keep you cool ^^"

Perhaps I am wrong though, I'd love if someone where to be prove so ~

Ya metal is bad.  The picture looked (in that light to me) like the arms were made of leather.  I didn't realize they were metal!

I actually don't like most of the Darklight armor.  Especially my scary claw gloves.  :S

Well I mostly meant with the tunic, but there is chain-mail beneath the leather sleeves *nods* ^^

I really like a couple of the lower-level DoW tunics with the leather over the shoulders and left breast.  I actually wish that some of the NPC armor was available, like the tunic tops that Rowena in More Donuts (Mor Dhona!) wears.

Well I mostly meant with the tunic, but there is chain-mail beneath the leather sleeves *nods* ^^

I really like a couple of the lower-level DoW tunics with the leather over the shoulders and left breast.  I actually wish that some of the NPC armor was available, like the tunic tops that Rowena in More Donuts (Mor Dhona!) wears.

Not familiar with them but I'll have to take a look the next time I'm there, and yes... vanity slots cannot come soon enough. I suppose in truth, part of me wants something a little similar to K'mih's(sister character) just so they look better together, haha.

More screenies!  This time from fishing.  These are mostly from Swiftperch, Oakwood, and Verdant Drop.

Also a random staring contest with a pumpkin, but eh. =w=)/

ffxiv_10312013_013253_zpscfc49604.pngffxiv_10312013_002053_zps976a1256.pngffxiv_10312013_013407_zpsc446ea93.pngffxiv_10302013_234100_zps60e79bc5.pngffxiv_10312013_015927_zps7b91b9bf.pngffxiv_10312013_013135_zps96409f65.pngffxiv_10312013_020053_zpsd8b7b7b3.pngffxiv_10312013_130758_zps55c892c5.pngffxiv_10312013_130946_zps6f520a93.pngffxiv_10312013_131017_zps3f7f9d6d.pngffxiv_10312013_131141_zpsf9bd0dd6.pngffxiv_10312013_232917_zps5cf96018.png

Hopefully will take more once the servers are back up from maintenance. P:

Edited to Add: I wanted to clarify this: I don't understand the idea that arms must show in "desert wear."  The reason that people who live in primarily arid locations wear covering clothing is that this actually keeps you cooler than if you expose your skin and face to the sun.  So the idea of going half-naked in the desert just...boggles my mind.  xD

Well, Colliseum gear is, as far as I know, only worn by Ul'dah NPCs, and the Miqo'tes from U tribe don't wear heavy looking armour either.

To me, it's just about how sophisticated and civilized the armour looks. To each their own.

(Also, think of Spartacus and then tell me how well protected he was for battle.)

Edited to Add: I wanted to clarify this: I don't understand the idea that arms must show in "desert wear."  The reason that people who live in primarily arid locations wear covering clothing is that this actually keeps you cooler than if you expose your skin and face to the sun.  So the idea of going half-naked in the desert just...boggles my mind.  xD

Well, Colliseum gear is, as far as I know, only worn by Ul'dah NPCs, and the Miqo'tes from U tribe don't wear heavy looking armour either.

To me, it's just about how sophisticated and civilized the armour looks. To each their own.

(Also, think of Spartacus and then tell me how well protected he was for battle.)

Sparticus on TV or Sparticus in Antiquity?  The two are not the same.  ;)

Plus, what a Gladiator might wear into combat isn't going to be the same as what an actual soldier/warrior would wear.  Gladiatorial games, by nature, are far more about the pagentry than about what a warrior would actually wear into combat were he free to choose.

(Then again, supposedly the Germanic Tribes (and later on, the Picts) went into combat buck ass naked and painted blue, if you believe the stories, so...)

Plus, what a Gladiator might wear into combat isn't going to be the same as what an actual soldier/warrior would wear.  Gladiatorial games, by nature, are far more about the pagentry than about what a warrior would actually wear into combat were he free to choose.

TV series. Speaking of tv and cinema, Leonidas was a warrior as well and I didn't see anyone complain.

I don't see what's so controversial about a tribal character not wearing a huge soldier armour, when it's been done a million times. The last thing I want is my Miqo'te character to look like some sort of civilized Knight, and I believe her tribal roots are well reflected in her Ul'dahn armour choice. If possible, I would like her to keep wearing that armour without other players trying to imply that only perverts use it, or that the armour makes no sense. I don't even see sexual appeal in FFXIV characters, so go figure how troubled I am to see my character's belly (^^;

(Besides, the armour is very cute and deserves to be used *nods nods*).

(Then again, supposedly the Germanic Tribes (and later on, the Picts) went into combat buck ass naked and painted blue, if you believe the stories, so...)

From what I know about the Coliseum and the gladiators who fought in it-- You actually got every single piece of gear from your theme that -actual- warriors wore in -actual- combat. The only thing that I think no one used in the arena was the official battle dress of the legion. Otherwise you wore the same amount of armor and such that the cultural warriors whom Rome had faced wore into battle.

That's not to say there wasn't a bit of pageantry in other aspects of the Coliseum besides the gladiatorial games but for the most part you simply filled a niche from whichever style you fit best. If you happened to be a slave or a warrior who'd been taken from that country that was familiar with that style of fighting, bully for you, but otherwise most got trained via lanista to handle their things.

They just didn't wear a ton of armor to begin with during those times. More over, Roman soldiers wore less by the time of Nero than they did at the time of Caesar.

TV series. Speaking of tv and cinema, Leonidas was a warrior as well and I didn't see anyone complain.

I don't see what's so controversial about a tribal character not wearing a huge soldier armour, when it's been done a million times. The last thing I want is my Miqo'te character to look like some sort of civilized Knight, and I believe her tribal roots are well reflected in her Ul'dahn armour choice. If possible, I would like her to keep wearing that armour without other players trying to imply that only perverts use it, or that the armour makes no sense. I don't even see sexual appeal in FFXIV characters, so go figure how troubled I am to see my character's belly (^^;

(Besides, the armour is very cute and deserves to be used *nods nods*).

I never said that it was controversial.  You brought up Sparticus, and I was simply pointing out that what you see on TV and what was actually...well...accurate to the time period..is often different. I also never said that you were a pervert, or even implied that you might be.  I'm told that you feel that I was attacking your choice of outfit, and I wasn't doing that.  I'm still half asleep (yes, I know it's almost 3pm but I was up until 6am so...), so I'm just kinda not really getting what the deal is.  Gonna amble away.

From what I know about the Coliseum and the gladiators who fought in it-- You actually got every single piece of gear from your theme that -actual- warriors wore in -actual- combat. The only thing that I think no one used in the arena was the official battle dress of the legion. Otherwise you wore the same amount of armor and such that the cultural warriors whom Rome had faced wore into battle.

That's not to say there wasn't a bit of pageantry in other aspects of the Coliseum besides the gladiatorial games but for the most part you simply filled a niche from whichever style you fit best. If you happened to be a slave or a warrior who'd been taken from that country that was familiar with that style of fighting, bully for you, but otherwise most got trained via lanista to handle their things.

They just didn't wear a ton of armor to begin with during those times. More over, Roman soldiers wore less by the time of Nero than they did at the time of Caesar.

Was actually going into the issue of the Sparticus TV show vs. the reality of coliseum games, but it is known from multiple sources in antiquity that some pretty out of the ordinary things took place in the Coliseum, including gladiators fighting naked (which Roman Soldiers didn't actually do), as well as gladiators "re-enacting" past battles or whatever, complete with really outlandish outfits (and I say that in quotes because it was almost always pushed very far towards the "pagentry" because the entire thing was a spectacle).

I really love the crystal formations in Mor Dhona, but it's really hard to take a good shot of them at night without your character appearing a bit...washed out.  I think this shot is pretty good, though I'm not entirely satisfied with it.  It was taken just before dawn at the edge of Saint Coinach's Find.

10687221086_6a08ce45a1_h.jpg

I really love the crystal formations in Mor Dhona, but it's really hard to take a good shot of them at night without your character appearing a bit...washed out.  I think this shot is pretty good, though I'm not entirely satisfied with it.  It was taken just before dawn at the edge of Saint Coinach's Find.

I didn't realize how much detail they put into the fractures... *whistles*  and here I've been, just beating up bad guys instead of taking in the sites ><

Very nice. I love that area in Mor Dhona.