The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central)

YesGood

What do you do at the tournament?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do at the tournament?

Ah. I wasn't aware of a thread for this! Now I know. *Weep*

I'm that one guy that often turns up with Sophia. And hasn't won once yet. *Weep moar*

I saw you there last week..you better get away from my lady!:evil:

We are suppose to be wed under Twintania's corpse. It will be a beautiful wedding

Ah. I wasn't aware of a thread for this! Now I know. *Weep*

I'm that one guy that often turns up with Sophia. And hasn't won once yet. *Weep moar*

I saw you there last week..you better get away from my lady!:evil:

We are suppose to be wed under Twintania's corpse. It will be a beautiful wedding

I'LL FIGHT YOU FOR HER!

... Wait no, that won't end well for me. D:

So, I know how fighters sign up. What are the requirements for healers though?

You just show up and ask for an Overseer! They'll almost always happily sign you on. We've got a shortage of healers.

Its why Denn stopped showing up. Too many broken people left in her path and not enough healers to kiss their boo boo's better. 

:evil:

I may be at the next Friday - but I will certainly be at the next Saturday.

Coming in hot!  Get me some people for Asha to punch in the face!

I'm torn on bringing my Hyur to the next one. But I had fun on Menelwen last time.

Hng. Choices, choices.

• 5 weeks later...

So Haru was IC/OOC made an actual overseer a few weeks ago and something im going to be introducing along with help from Sindl and Lizbet, we are going to be giving out physical rewards as part of it. Things like the crafted i70 weapons and even i90 crafted pieces.

The hope is that we can do three reward vectors eventually. One nice one for the Weekly champion, with restrictions in case its myself or another overseer that enters (This is still under discussion) A reward for healer based Rp which is also being irond out. And if those two work out a side raffle for the spectators.

This will be starting with the one tomorrow night to celebrate the release of 2.3. In case this generates a larger then usual attendance help may be needed. I will likely institute a maximum membership for tomorrows tourny as a safety precaution.

Good Luck and I hope to see everyone having a good time.!

To be clear the only intended prize shall be for the fighting itself this time.

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up evreyone, I know its last minute but the grindstone for 8/9/2014 is canceled simply because we do not have enough overseers. I am in between school semesters and getting those things in order. Sindl is under a super crunch time at work and it would be cruel to ask him to run it again.

That being said I am actively looking for more Overseers. Because as much as I love the grindstone, I have started a new job and can potentially work durning its timeframe again. Should you be interested in helping out with this even, please send me a message her, or via in game tells.

Just a heads up evreyone, I know its last minute but the grindstone for 8/9/2014 is canceled simply because we do not have enough overseers. I am in between school semesters and getting those things in order. Sindl is under a super crunch time at work and it would be cruel to ask him to run it again.

That being said I am actively looking for more Overseers. Because as much as I love the grindstone, I have started a new job and can potentially work durning its timeframe again. Should you be interested in helping out with this even, please send me a message her, or via in game tells.

I used to oversee it before and it was pretty much the same then (except a bit more crowded hngh). If you ever need, I can help out :D. Just message me and I'll let you know if I'm available!

• 3 months later...

Okay so I know its been a while and I have not kept up with the threas as I should have. But the Grindstone is in dire need of assistance in being run. Sindl is out for the foreseeable future do to family issues and with my work and school kicking in I myself plan to retire as "leader" of the grindstone. I say this loosely because I have not been doing the event justice and have had Sindl be running it in my stead.

With the way my home life has been getting increasingly difficult to bear along with things like finals and a now full time job, I shall be opening the grindstone to whomever wants to run it. As of next Sunday, I will no longer be actively setting it up, nor will I be requiring anyone from the Grim to do so. I do love that this event has lasted so long and have many fond memories of it.

As its current stand, we have simply had too few reliable overseers and Healers to come assist. Some people have willingly volunteered over these last few troubled weeks to help, but the time commitment is something I can no longer maintain.

Again if ANYONE wishes to assume responsibility for it may do so. thank you all and I apologize for the sudden announcement.

• 1 month later...