The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central)

YesGood

What do you do at the tournament?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do at the tournament?

/em dons his Overseer armor

Ahem. The Grindstone does in fact still take place, and as long as people wish to fight, it shall always take place. It is currently a community-run event, and has been for some time now. It takes place at Fesca's Wash in Central Thanalan every Saturday night at 10PM EST. Folks usually shuffle in around 9:30 or so to hang out and RP prior to the festivities.

There's a thread for this? Huh.

But yeah, it's still going with Warren and a couple others as the unspoken heads of it. Had some surprisingly large turnouts the last couple times I swung by. Unfortunately, I missed the last two due to other RP obligations, so I can say little about their numbers.

There's a thread for this? Huh.

But yeah, it's still going with Warren and a couple others as the unspoken heads of it. Had some surprisingly large turnouts the last couple times I swung by. Unfortunately, I missed the last two due to other RP obligations, so I can say little about their numbers.

And I missed the one two weeks ago, but this weekend we had a respectable sixteen people or so. We kept having stragglers roll in, throw off our count by 1, and then someone else would join. It was the first time in ages the brackets broke down into formal 16:8:4:2:1 reductions; Normally we've got someone with 3 wins fighting someone with 2 or 4 or whatever.

I've been debating making a new thread, but part of me doesn't feel it would be right. It's not mine, but right now it's not being run by any FC or organization, just some vets (laugh, because I've only been doing it for a year or so and there are Those That Came Before) who don't want it to fade.

I've been debating making a new thread, but part of me doesn't feel it would be right. It's not mine, but right now it's not being run by any FC or organization, just some vets (laugh, because I've only been doing it for a year or so and there are Those That Came Before) who don't want it to fade.

Well, the thread is already here, so it seems a bit wasteful...

Though, you wouldn't be able to make any changes to the OP to update with any new information. Hrm. Well, it seems to be working well enough on its own, so I'd say leave it be and only worry about making a new thread if/when the need calls for it.

Another night in the books. We had people lined up a full hour before we started, chomping at the bit to rip each other apart.

yj58Y7U.jpg

Our final match ended up being the soft-spoken Karin L'estasi taking on the man everyone wanted to see lose and lose hard, Flynt "The Hyena" Reddard.

SROECGm.jpg

Things don't always go how we want them, though, and the Most Despised Man at the Grindstone walked away with the purse and the title of Champion. We'll see who's able to knock him off next week -- If anyone can!

DqOFSJ7.jpg

Edit: A couple of other shots taken during the event!

Folks lined up early

NRANKbu.png

They're not sitting, they're exchanging ground and pound moves and both of them defending for what feels like ten turns.

GOrgJZO.png

The line up

0BzPNXz.png

And a glorious shot of the line-up. My money's on that marmot, unless Verad shows up.

AMvEGRP.png

Many thanks to everyone who came out and made the event what it is; That was probably our best "episode" of the Grindstone yet.

Koporo and Flynt have a grudge match next Saturday. No weapons, just an all out brawl.

I hope you're all looking forward to it!

I hope Flynt wins! Auri is not happy with Koporo ripping the tape off her ears.

"Ya couldn't hear a derned thin' wit it on, ya idjit!"

Koporo and Flynt have a grudge match next Saturday. No weapons, just an all out brawl.

... Isn't this the same Lalafell who entered the Grindstone with a broken jaw and accompanying brace? :dodgy:

Only the OP can change the thread title and first post.

And mods, apparently. From California With Love. :love:

If anyone ever needs a title change for a thread with extenuating circumstances like this one, please point them my way.

Another night in the books. We had people lined up a full hour before we started, chomping at the bit to rip each other apart.

yj58Y7U.jpg

Our final match ended up being the soft-spoken Karin L'estasi taking on the man everyone wanted to see lose and lose hard, Flynt "The Hyena" Reddard.

SROECGm.jpg

Things don't always go how we want them, though, and the Most Despised Man at the Grindstone walked away with the purse and the title of Champion. We'll see who's able to knock him off next week -- If anyone can!

DqOFSJ7.jpg

Edit: A couple of other shots taken during the event!

Folks lined up early

NRANKbu.png

They're not sitting, they're exchanging ground and pound moves and both of them defending for what feels like ten turns.

GOrgJZO.png

The line up

0BzPNXz.png

And a glorious shot of the line-up. My money's on that marmot, unless Verad shows up.

AMvEGRP.png

Many thanks to everyone who came out and made the event what it is; That was probably our best "episode" of the Grindstone yet.

Oh man how did I not see this, thank you so much for considering this to be the best Grindstone to date, I'll try not to let anybody down ;-;

If memory serves me well I won with the following:

1. Thumbs jammed into the eyes of Percival
  2. Rabbit punch to Inessa's head
  3. The manual castration of the guy with the book
  4. Double Dempsey Roll parry all up in Karin's face

Flynt loves being both the most hated and loved figure in Thanalan, and does his best to keep his "fans" pleased. OOCly I'd like to thank all of you for being so supportive of my character, it means a lot to me. I would of never dreamed in a million years I'd see something I wrote to reach the status it did. You're all so wonderful, and Flynt will take great pleasure kicking your asses and buying you a drink after <3

However Koporo will feel the wrath of the Hyena firsthand, the gnome has is coming...

However Koporo will feel the wrath of the Hyena firsthand, the gnome has is coming...

maxresdefault.jpg

... Isn't this the same Lalafell who entered the Grindstone with a broken jaw and accompanying brace? :dodgy:

204589302_640.jpg

"I COULD STILL HEAR, DERN IT."

Koporo confirmed for Applejack.