Ishgardians, Thank You for Helping with the Plot.

Note: This post is outdated. Please see latest posts for up-to-date information.

This goes out to all Ishgardian character players that still have interest in an Ishgardian-based plot. I am referencing these two threads below. For those new Ishgardians, please read at least some of the discussion in the threads I list. It is more important to read the last part of the second thread.

Role Playing an Ishgardian

Calling All Ishgardians (Balmung)

THE SITUATION

The LS called "The Exiled Order" has been made. It is an IC LS made of ex-Ishgardians and their allies. Twelve are on the roster; including myself, and I know of at least one more who may want to join. Recruitment is still open! We have the plot started, so if anyone is interested, contact me before we get too far along.Anyone can contact me in-game via /tell Kiht Jakkya, or PM me on this site.

PLOT

Basically, an order of Ishgard assassins called the Faces of Mercy has been sent after all exiles, expatriates, refugees who have left Ishgard and Coerthas. They are ordered to kill the exiles.

The LS is formed as a network of exiles who are now working together to protect and support each-other. While the Faces of Mercy work to kill them all, the Exiles work to survive in a world where so much is against them.

There is more detail in the plot, but the above description is the gist of it.

The main plot for the LS has kicked off with Xydane's post. The Faces of Mercy.

THE PLAN

I will either use this thread for future brainstorming, or make a new one. The LS has also generated some side-plots, so I am hoping there will be plenty of RPs for everyone. I will keep everyone updated with this thread for now.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you brought this up! 

I'm still up for it. I can't really offer to help with any leader stuff though as I can't honestly be relied upon to be around when needed. I can certainly give advice if and when you need it though. I've lead RP stuff in the past!

This goes out to all Ishgardian PCs that still have interest in an Ishgardian-based plot. I am referencing these two threads below. For those new Ishgardians, please read at least some of the discussion in the threads I list. It is more important to read the last part of the second thread.

Role Playing an Ishgardian

Calling All Ishgardians (Balmung)

THE SITUATION

This Expatriates LS managed to recruit quite a few players, but it never got off the ground. I am sure it was not Vairemont's intention to leave us hanging, but that is where we are at. I assume some IRL stuff has made it so the player (who had limited play time to begin with) can no longer be in contact with anyone.

Regardless of why, we are now left with nothing but a plot that had awesome potential. I aim to revive that potential.

I didn't step up sooner because I figured Vairemont would come back. I figured that my character involved is not even an ex-Ishgardian, so why would she be qualified to be a leader. Well, I won't let that stop me now, but I will need help overcoming that hurdle. After all, she doesn't have to be an -IC- leader ;)

PLOT

I believe the plot can be tweaked to allow us to proceed without Vairemont. We will need some new IC leaders, and we will need to take over the brainstorming that Vairemont would have otherwise done. The assassins seeking the ex-Ishgardians are still out there and need to be stopped. Someone anonymous must find the ex-Ishgardians that haven't been found, and unite them with the others. I actually want that role, and have IC reasons as to why Kiht would do such a thing. :)

OOC ORGANIZATION

I've never been the leader of -anything- in an MMO. I am willing, and motivated to OOCly sort of lead in a way, but I need advice. If anyone with greater experience in leading LSs steps up, I will gladly allow them to take a lead role. I would only have one condition: don't cut and run. Even -IF- I lead organization then I will still want at least two other part-time leaders to help run things when I am away, or if I become incapable of continuing. I do -not- want the same thing to happen again just because we loose one single person to IRL happenings.

THE EXPATRIATES LS

Any details I thought about going into regarding this LS ended up sounding like slander, so I will just say that most people I talked to say that Vairemont has not responded to -any- attempts to contact him lately. He has been out of contact for at least three weeks. I humbly suggest that all interested people think about helping me start another Ishgardian LS. I do not even have an officer star in Vairemont's LS, so I can't do anything with it. Nobody can. I'll leave it at that for now.

Basically, does anyone still have interest in an Ishgardian plot, and an Ishgardian LS? If so, I'll take any input and suggestions I can get. At least post a response letting me know about your interest.

After you said it, it struck me that you would be perfect for the role. As for Erik, he does have ties to Ishgard through his mother, so I would volunteer to support Ishgardians in trouble. As I said before I wanted to get into this to flush out his Ishgardian heritage a bit, so add me to the new LS if you would.

I am glad to see you stepping up, Kiht! You are going to be FINE at this. You don't need experience to run SLs or LSs, just a lot of motivation! And a little bit of patience. As with anything else in life.

With that pep talk out of the way, let me know if there is anything I can do to help. While Rae is not an IC leader for this since well, she very reluctantly accepted the linkpearl from Vairemont in the first place. I am sad to hear that he seems to be no longer involved though. Alas. RL sometimes takes over. Or our muse just withers away. Who knows?

But I certainly do want to support you in this effort. Rae does have her hands in a few other cookie jars though, so I always expected her to be a peripheral character in this storyline. I didn't have a storyline arc planned for her with the Ishgard, I was going to see what gaps were left after people started, and see if the she would fit in those gaps in anyway. Still. Let me know what I can do.

I suggest first though that you see how many are still interested, get a new LS (I never created one myself so I have no idea how you do that other than go see the LS merchant), invite them there then have a pow wow brainstorm. Or just brainstorm here since getting everyone on at the same time to discuss live on LS could be hard too.

Does anyone want to play the assassins hunting out ex-patriots? Anyone want to play the hunted vs hunter? Or any other character in that plot? Was there to be an IC meeting of the minds on the LS? What would be the next step in this storyline? ONE person driving the storyline while everyone waits for that person to do their thing is not going to work, that might be what Vairemont ran into, I don't know. But that's too much to put on one person. It works best if you have cooperative storytelling, with multiple people willing to take different parts in that story. So people should maybe pipe in on what their ideas may be, or what parts they want to play. The next step should be beyond "I want to be involved" to "this is my idea."  And see if the ideas can all gel together to create something fun.

That's where I would start.

You well know of my continued interest and desire to make something of Byron. I shall help in any way I can for I am loathe to see something I helped spawn wither and die.

Of the Sky, From the Sky, For the Sky.

Of course! We just need to start brainstorming Byron's story again. But the original foundation still might work.

After you said it, it struck me that you would be perfect for the role. As for Erik, he does have ties to Ishgard through his mother, so I would volunteer to support Ishgardians in trouble. As I said before I wanted to get into this to flush out his Ishgardian heritage a bit, so add me to the new LS if you would.

Certainly, having someone with Erik's resources and contacts would be invaluable. Just need to know if his ties to Ishgard are common knowledge, or will we have to find some way for Kiht to ICly find out?

I'm glad you brought this up!

I'm still up for it. I can't really offer to help with any leader stuff though as I can't honestly be relied upon to be around when needed. I can certainly give advice if and when you need it though. I've lead RP stuff in the past!

Glad you're still interested. You're on the old LS, so it won't be a problem finding you to add you to the plot :) I'll keep you in mind when I need advice. Thank you for offering.

Of course you know I'm still game. Taking a direct hand at "leading" isn't possible for me right now, but I'd like to get things moving and will help any way I can.

Actually, I'll be relying on your presents in the LS. You don't have to take a leadership role if you don't feel you can right now, but Yvelont would ICly have respect from the other ex-Ishgardians, so Kiht would use that as an advantage.

I am glad to see you stepping up, Kiht! You are going to be FINE at this. You don't need experience to run SLs or LSs, just a lot of motivation! And a little bit of patience. As with anything else in life.

With that pep talk out of the way, let me know if there is anything I can do to help. While Rae is not an IC leader for this since well, she very reluctantly accepted the linkpearl from Vairemont in the first place. I am sad to hear that he seems to be no longer involved though. Alas. RL sometimes takes over. Or our muse just withers away. Who knows?

But I certainly do want to support you in this effort. Rae does have her hands in a few other cookie jars though, so I always expected her to be a peripheral character in this storyline. I didn't have a storyline arc planned for her with the Ishgard, I was going to see what gaps were left after people started, and see if the she would fit in those gaps in anyway. Still. Let me know what I can do.

I suggest first though that you see how many are still interested, get a new LS (I never created one myself so I have no idea how you do that other than go see the LS merchant), invite them there then have a pow wow brainstorm. Or just brainstorm here since getting everyone on at the same time to discuss live on LS could be hard too.

Does anyone want to play the assassins hunting out ex-patriots? Anyone want to play the hunted vs hunter? Or any other character in that plot? Was there to be an IC meeting of the minds on the LS? What would be the next step in this storyline? ONE person driving the storyline while everyone waits for that person to do their thing is not going to work, that might be what Vairemont ran into, I don't know. But that's too much to put on one person. It works best if you have cooperative storytelling, with multiple people willing to take different parts in that story. So people should maybe pipe on what their ideas may be, or what parts they want to play. The next step should be beyond "I want to be involved" to "this is my idea."  And see if the ideas can all gel together to create something fun.

That's where I would start.

Great advice! Thank you Brynn! You're right, I don't want to be the only one this hinges on which is what it was with Vairemont. I'll just make a new LS, and begin getting people in. I'm glad you're willing to help.

I'm really glad to see this pop up!  I had been looking forward to the plot, and to was a bit confused as to where things were going.

While I'm don't know about the leadership thing, I can certainly help out with logistics or whatever you might need, Kiht.

The general foundation of the plot is completely sound, and I think it would require minimal tweaking to get it going again.

Update!

I made the LS. Its named The Exiled Order. Two players have been brought in already, and I can guarantee the addition of at least 3 to 5 more soon. Its time to hit me up with tells or PMs :) But I will actively seek all who leave a response on this thread as well.

For now, I just want to gather the people who are interested. If anyone has plot ideas regarding their characters, send me a PM.

Update!

Still building the new LS roster, but already we have two antagonists who have stepped forward to be in the plot. Antagonists won't be added, at first, to the LS since it is an IC LS; unless, they are a sort of unknown antagonist posing as an ally (hope that make sense xD). However, I will add all who step forward as an antagonist to my contacts list, and write their names down so I don't forget them.

After I have at least gathered all who have shown interest thus far, I will set up an IC meeting to be our first LS event. Soon, I will also arrange an OOC meeting with the antagonists via party to discuss were they will want to fit in on the plot.

Xydane Vale, and one of Kayllen's OOC friends who has an Inquisitor character are the first antagonists on the list, so far.

Everyone else who has posted but is not yet added to the LS, fear not. I am either still looking for you, and/or need to find time to ICly meet with you.

This includes Brynn's alt, Erik, Crisiet, Byron (The Wizard) and my mentor, Yvelont :)

And recruitment is still way open, so send me PMs or tells anytime.

Certainly, having someone with Erik's resources and contacts would be invaluable. Just need to know if his ties to Ishgard are common knowledge, or will we have to find some way for Kiht to ICly find out?

Its fairly common knowledge. Its a high point of pride for him, so he tells most people easily if it comes up. It is also public knowledge with the Flames.

If Kiht is involved I'm down for whatever you need :) Although Ishgardian and my characters plot may conflict somewhat. Let me know.

That is very sweet considering you've only RPed with me once (which should change soon!). You'd be surprised who we can manage to squeeze into the plot. If your character is from Coerthas, we can get you in. :) Or, even if he's not, but has good reason to help the expatriates.

Aaaaaaaand UPDATE

The new LS roster is now at 11 players! (Not including the "antagonists" ;) ) I am getting close to recruiting all who have shown recent interest. There are at least two more who I know want to be involved. And, there are a few others from the old LS who I am unsure about, and need to contact them to see if they still want to be involved. More can still be added, if anyone else is interested.

Once I get the last players that I know of sorted out, Kiht will ICly call a meeting to discuss available resources, and plans. I will hold multiple meetings at different times and days since very few players seem to play at the same time.

For those already in the LS, please make sure your chat settings allow you to see text from the LS.

Q56: When will we be able to go to Ishgard?

A56: You’ll see the story progress from patch 2.2 and see more in the later patches. Please stay tuned!

Q52: Will we ever fight Nidhogg whose name was mentioned during the dragoon quest line?

A52: Nidhogg is a dragon of Ishgard, so you’ll be able to fight him if you are able to go to Ishgard.

-----------------------------------------------

Looks like we will be getting closer to Ishgard with 2.2, so stoked for the lore and ohhh dang, I want to kick Nighogg's ass when they open up Ishgard.

Update!

I edited the original post to make it relevant to everything that is happening now. Anyone new to reading this thread, please go back and read the original post. Don't worry, its shorter this time :lol:

All who are in the LS, please read Xydane's Faces of Mercy short story. It is very brief, interesting and important to the plot.

I am still keeping the LS open for recruitment as I still want to recruit a few others. *pokes The Last Candle* :)

The main plot is finally now off to a good start. I am hoping to be able to arrange an IC meeting soon. Because people are on different time zones, we may do multiple meetings at different times.

Regarding the Plot.

Xydane Vale is already set in motion with his role.

I still need to contact one other person who is going to play an inquisitor for us :)

I am still considering the possibility of having the assassins played by actual players, but it may be just far easier to keep them as NPCs.

We will need to think about how we will deal with combat scenes as well. I will look into all of that, but I welcome input from anyone.

The short story kicking off this plot has just been posted! :D

The Faces of Mercy [ishgardian Plot Short Story]

Excellent read Xydane. Reading it made me think on which jobs or classes will be added when we see Ishgard's gates open, Faces of Mercy could be a title for an Assassin job (as seen in FFT) as Sultansworn is an associated title for Paladin. Your story makes me want to level a Faces of Mercy alt.

Maybe that isn't a far off thing, with the 2.2 trailer showing Thancred duel wielding daggers.

The short story kicking off this plot has just been posted! :D

The Faces of Mercy [ishgardian Plot Short Story]

Excellent read Xydane. Reading it made me think on which jobs or classes will be added when we see Ishgard's gates open, Faces of Mercy could be a title for an Assassin job (as seen in FFT) as Sultansworn is an associated title for Paladin. Your story makes me want to level a Faces of Mercy alt.

Maybe that isn't a far off thing, with the 2.2 trailer showing Thancred duel wielding daggers.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I look forward to RPing with everyone in the plot as it's very exciting. Here's also hoping that the patch after 2.2 will involve Ishgard! :thumbsup: