Ishgardians, Thank You for Helping with the Plot.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I haven't gotten on like I should.  Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to participate in this.  It is awesome though, congrats to everyone.  You can go ahead and remove me from the ls if you need to.  Thanks for including me though.

:( May I ask why? I hope no one offended.

Regardless, I understand. I may not remove you right away though, you can always make a come-back at a later date.

Oh no not at all.  I just feel like I am way too far behind, not on very much, and everyone seems so good I don't know that my RP skills are up to par with everyone else.

Oh no not at all.  I just feel like I am way too far behind, not on very much, and everyone seems so good I don't know that my RP skills are up to par with everyone else.

In that case, I won't remove you. There is no obligation here, and other chapters of the plot will be open to new characters. There are still some that have recently joined, or are going to join.

Some are alts that don't get on too often while some others are characters I see on 24/7 as if they were crack-heads.

Different parts of the plot are open to different people. For example, Raelisanne is not a combat character. However, she is a more scholar-type. She will be used soon when we have the Pandora Tek to examine, and there are some recent developments that will suddenly make her more valuable.

Or, we have Saehri. I just assume she is ICly watching Limsa Lominsa when she is not online. When she is online, she can be used as a little plot device, or for key events. Because she is "hired", she doesn't have to be kept up to date on every little plot detail.

Or, we have Yvelont. He has been to, like, ONE event. However, he even played a key role of helping us capture an assassin alive.

Or, we have Xydane. We can't get him to go away, so we just accept his "Unrelenting" RPs. :lol:

I'm just kidding Xydane :love: You have helped the plot tremendously. I am hoping to get you even more involved.

But, as you can see, we have various characters in this plot. Some play big parts, others play little parts. As for your RP skills, I RPed with you once. I must say, if I am good enough of an RPer to be the leader, you are certainly good enough to be part of the plot. In other words, you did great. I saw nothing wrong with your performance.

In that case, I won't remove you. There is no obligation here, and other chapters of the plot will be open to new characters. There are still some that have recently joined, or are going to join.

Some are alts that don't get on too often while some others are characters I see on 24/7 as if they were crack-heads.

Different parts of the plot are open to different people. For example, Raelisanne is not a combat character. However, she is a more scholar-type. She will be used soon when we have the Pandora Tek to examine, and there are some recent developments that will suddenly make her more valuable.  

Or, we have Saehri. I just assume she is ICly watching Limsa Lominsa when she is not online. When she is online, she can be used as a little plot device, or for key events. Because she is "hired", she doesn't have to be kept up to date on every little plot detail.

Or, we have Yvelont. He has been to, like, ONE event. However, he even played a key role of helping us capture an assassin alive.

Or, we have Xydane. We can't get him to go away, so we just accept his "Unrelenting" RPs. :lol:

I'm just kidding Xydane :love: You have helped the plot tremendously. I am hoping to get you even more involved.

But, as you can see, we have various characters in this plot. Some play big parts, others play little parts. As for your RP skills, I RPed with you once. I must say, if I am good enough of an RPer to be the leader, you are certainly good enough to be part of the plot. In other words, you did great. I saw nothing wrong with your performance.

I'm going to reread whats happened so far and get on tonight and give it a try and see how things go.

Hey guys, I hate to be the one to do this but things came up and I have work related stuff to take care of on Sunday. I'm going to be a no go on the 27th. I apologize.

SIGH

Alright, it did look like Sunday was going to be a good day for the strike force meeting, but since Xydane can't be there, I am changing plans.

And, no worries Xy. You have to do what you have to do.

Today, Saturday, 4pm PST

Will NOT be the strike force meeting. Most of the people needed, won't be available. However, we will have a different meeting instead. I can think of countless things to update people on, and plenty that needs to be discussed. I am really hoping to get some additional stuff going aside from waiting for the primary plan to come to fruition. This meeting can accomplish that.

I know not everyone will be able to be on for long at 4pm PST, but I have to plan based on the availability of those who submit their votes on Doodle. That is when most are available today.

Xydane, you can come to this meeting if you like, but it will not be the strike force meeting; unless, Xydane is feeling more trusting than usual, and wants to tell everyone about the plan. :lol: Do not feel obligated though. The only thing I'm planning is discussion about Pandora Tek, Erik's disappearance, what happened at the interrogation and a few other things.

Tomorrow, Sunday, 2pm PST

Because of the sudden change of plans that had to be done, I have yet to figure out what to do for this day, but I am thinking something fun should happen since a lot of people are available.

I want to see what happens in today's meeting before deciding what will be done for tomorrow.

Update

I am sorry, but I am not planning anything for today after all. Apparently, I have family coming over, and don't fully know when or what time -____-

I will likely be in-game, but I will be off and on depending on what happens, and when they come over. If anything related to the plot does happen, I will let people know over the LS.

Update

I am sorry, but I am not planning anything for today after all. Apparently, I have family coming over, and don't fully know when or what time -____-

I will likely be in-game, but I will be off and on depending on what happens, and when they come over. If anything related to the plot does happen, I will let people know over the LS.

It's okay. Recruit them to the cause, too! The more the merrier.

Kidding aside, RL happens. ^^

UPDATE

For next weekend, May 3rd-4th, please go to this new poll to vote your availability.

http://doodle.com/gncnmeva4ba4rhd5

Now, once again, we will try to make one of these days have Xydane's meeting with the strike force. I am really happy about the last meeting that was on Saturday. A lot of people who needed updates were there.

THE PLOT

So far, the plot has been progressing well, if not slowly. There have been some twists and turns, and even some stuff I myself didn't expect. However, I seem to be in a position of deciding where the plot ultimately goes.

So far, I have been sorta acting like a manager. However, I would prefer to be more like a president who passes or vetoes ideas. I have several reasons for wanting this.

Firstly, I don't want to be the sole person deciding where the plot goes. However, we have to have someone who ultimately decides between conflicting ideas. I offer to do this.

Secondly, I know what I plan for the plot, so I have been sorta having Kiht ICly drop OOC hints about where the plot might be going. She doesn't ICly know, but I OOCly do. In other words, if you pay close attention to what she says, you can get a feel for where the plot might be going. I was doing things this way because I didn't want to expose people to spoilers. However, I have hit a few snags.

I have been sensing IC resistance from some characters to some of Kiht's ideas, and I don't know if that signifies OOC resistance, or if their players are just so skilled that they make their IC resistance so believable.

Well, now I am asking. If -anyone- has OOC objections to where the plot is going, or what is happening, please send me a PM on this site. Please include a suggestion along with your objection. Objections will only serve to slow-down or stop the plot unless there is also a suggested way to do something better.

If the resistance is only IC, and nobody has any OOC objections then keep doing what you're doing :) I promise to take no offense to objections or suggestions, but do keep in mind that there are a lot of diverse characters in this plot who need to be considered. We can't have the plot hinge on one person's character, or preferences.

Note: I know Vairemont's player is the original person who started this idea, but he/she never shared any of his/her ultimate plans with me. If anyone knows what his/her plans were, please understand that this is no longer his/her plot. It has become ours now.

REMINDER

Remember that I don't have to be involved with everything that happens to everyone's characters. If you want to use part of this plot to do your own thing, you can as long as if has no major effects on where the plot goes. If it might have major effects, feel free to PM me, and we can discuss how to integrate what you want to do.

Honestly just giving resistance IC.  There's some lore I thought was questionable before, but it is free game for now until the eventual expansions/quest lines that develop into it.

I /was/ going to plan something big, but I realized it would require me getting killed off, so nope.

Alright, but it wasn't just you.

Don't feel like you shouldn't continue having Enju act the way you think he should act. :)

I just wanted to make sure everyone is good with where this is going. Also, there are things that may not be what they seem. I am keeping in mind potential lore that might be released in the future. Things can be changed in surprising ways. For example, we believe that the Faces of Mercy are hunting us because.... Why? Viremont told us? What if the latest revelation was a trick?

Not saying any of it is, but it -could- be if needed. :evil:

Vincent is giving obvious resistance, but I'm sure everybody knows it's only for IC reasons. He hates conflict, and even those some people may be out to assassinate him, he wouldn't find the courage to agree to take their lives.

As it has been made obvious in the past few RPers, he has yet to face a certain cruel side of reality, and until he accepts that not every evil can be won with tolerance and submission, he will keep trying to nudge the group against the idea of a clash.

That being said, he is all-around submissive, so even his resistance will be weak when trying to push others to not fight. I am really curious to see if he'll manage to accomplish anything at all :lol:.

His older brother was the one "designed" to receive all the knight and "manly" training, receiving pretty much all of their father's attention. With his brother's disappearance also came their father's death, so Vincent has been lacking that "toughening up" most of boys receive even prior his age (And anyone is welcome to try and make up for it). He can't help but hesitate and argue hazardous decisions such as Kith's plan.

As for "desired" plot twists, I'm generally open to whatever is going to happen, as I have no real personal goals with this plot. It would be cool to have some news about Vincent's brother come up at some point, but the person who RPs Tetraubient is awfully busy with college, so I don't see that happening any soon. Until then, I'll let the wind take me wherever this story goes~

UPDATE

Next event is Sunday at 4pm PST since that is when everyone who voted is available at the same time. I know Xydane has been busy with work and stuff, so hopefully he's still up for this. This is going to be the meeting for the strike-force, and planning our counter-ambush for the assassins.

I am just going to say screw it, and that at least everyone who voted is welcome to join. The original plan was for no one to know any of this except the strike force, and for Xydane to only meet with them. However, with events and meetings only happening once a week now, it would be kinda bad to exclude people. Everyone knows by now, might as well just get on with it :lol:

Also, I thank everyone for their patients. I am currently trying to think of more events and stuff that would allow things to happen at least twice a week; instead of just once a week.

UPDATE

http://doodle.com/m5tptd2nbgna6mkf

This is it. Another major event in the plot. Even if things do not go as expected, a lot will be determined here. We made it happen in two weeks to give everyone time to hopefully clear their schedules for this. All combat-capable characters please vote your availability. It is all on one day, Sunday the 18th. Only a time needs to be chosen.

Non-combat characters, do not fret. There is a lot that needs to be done to prepare. I will contact you to let you all know how you can still participate.

Any questions, comments or concerns, PM me or post on this thread.