Ishgardians, Thank You for Helping with the Plot.

Great screenshots! Rheah got some nice ones.

Here are mine. :)

Lp1NAHw.png

The meeting begins.

sll1ekR.png

Xydane arrives.

woY0edZ.png

Assassins attack! We used glowey markers to show where the NPC assassins stood.

H1GGhQv.png

The aftermath.

2qRuGf2.png

Of all the people who could remind Kiht about the right thing to do..... Who would have thought Crisiet?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I would like a summary as well. Up to you if you want to make an IC post (as a sent letter, or a message of the linkshell), or an OOC one. Just let us know so I can adjust accordingly my IC knowledge.

For all that missed it.

I am planning to update everyone via meetings and Linkshell.

However, it seems Blue is not on Vincent very often? I don't want to post too much IC info on this thread because it is too much exposure, but I will send you an IC PM if it comes to that. But, I am hoping to hold another meeting soon. This time it will be in Black Shroud. Vincent can be updated then, maybe?

As for Erik, he is on all the time. Kiht needs to ICly talk to him in-person very soon, if possible. There is so much to discuss with him, and she can update him at that time.

Anyone else who could not attend will hopefully be updated soon in-game, but I will PM an IC letter if it seems necessary.

For now, don't worry. Nothing happened that needs to immediately be known. You will all learn what happened in the next couple of days.

As for Erik, he is on all the time. Kiht needs to ICly talk to him in-person very soon, if possible. There is so much to discuss with him, and she can update him at that time.

I had a buddy ooc come with me to "Ishgard" and we got all jacked up but we made it worse on them, (ordinary bandits, not assassins). Erik is in Ishgard now following a lead that sort of could be used in this rp if you like, but also applies to another I am in. It involves the pandora's boxes being made. Erik ic told a few people, if only to make sure they are careful. Its fine if you don't because like I said its for another rp, im just cross-pollinating a bit for fun. I'll be on tomorrow around 7 or 8 Eastern Kiht.

Also would anyone be interested in me posting my little priestly journey in that thread I keep warm?

Upon further consideration, I have decided that a lot has happened that some Exiles really need to be updated on. Things might start moving quickly in this plot, so certain information would just be better if given to the Exiles in the form of an update letter. I will PM everyone in the LS an IC letter from Kiht that you can all pretend to ICly receive via Moogle Mail.

Also, please note: The plot is starting to thicken and and take shape. As much as I want to give everyone liberty to come up with their own story-related content based on the plot, you will all need to please keep "plot-lore" in mind. Certain things have happened that might clash with what you come up with. For example, if your character has a run-in with the assassins, and learns some information, it may clash with something that someone else learns.

My point is, if you want to ICly find and present new plot-related information from this point on, please either OOCly run it by me first, or be prepared to have it ICly declared as misinformation if it clashes with something that is already established.

I know that I am stating what might seem obvious, and it probably doesn't need to be said, but I just want to make sure all the "real" facts fit together in this plot. I want to organize, not dictate.

I had a buddy ooc come with me to "Ishgard" and we got all jacked up but we made it worse on them, (ordinary bandits, not assassins). Erik is in Ishgard now following a lead that sort of could be used in this rp if you like, but also applies to another I am in. It involves the pandora's boxes being made. Erik ic told a few people, if only to make sure they are careful. Its fine if you don't because like I said its for another rp, im just cross-pollinating a bit for fun. I'll be on tomorrow around 7 or 8 Eastern Kiht.

Also would anyone be interested in me posting my little priestly journey in that thread I keep warm?

Sure, any IC plot-related threads, link away. I'll have to ask about the Pandora Boxes because I am not sure what you mean. I've never heard of them IC or OOC.

Also, to everyone else. I sent the IC letter. If anyone did not get it, let me know. Rheah, can you please relay the letter to Darwyn? I am not sure if he logs into the RPC anymore.

Thanks for the PM. Yes, I switch to Vincent only to RP and nothing else (he is an alt; after all). I'm most commonly online as Jet'a Vann and Blue Vann, so if there is anything you want to pass on me ICly, just send me a tell on one of those characters. If I'm not afk, I'll reply and switch to Vincent so that I can attend to whatever you have in mind.

Aaaah! I am sorry I missed this. Although Rae would not have been much of a contributor to the fight, the plots!

Sounds like there were some good developments though.

Hopefully Rae will catch up with Kiht soon enough.

The Faces of Mercy [ishgardian Plot Short Story]

Has been updated with Scene 2. Enjoy.

Great read Xydane! I love all the threads and RP this plot is generating.

And, oh boy, all the twists and turns. I have had so many characters throw IC "curve-balls" at me lately that I am totally expecting the next person Kiht talks with to tell her that they are secretly an Amalj'aa using a magical glamor to disguise themselves as a/an (insert race here), and they are gathering intel on how the city-states operate so that they can help advance Amalj'aa interests. This person will also say that they want this to be a secret, and ask Kiht not to tell anyone.....

You are all going to kill Kiht, you know that? You will kill her with stress. :love::lol:

The Faces of Mercy [ishgardian Plot Short Story]

Has been updated with Scene 2. Enjoy.

Great read Xydane! I love all the threads and RP this plot is generating.

And, oh boy, all the twists and turns. I have had so many characters throw IC "curve-balls" at me lately that I am totally expecting the next person Kiht talks with to tell her that they are secretly an Amalj'aa using a magical glamor to disguise themselves as a/an (insert race here), and they are gathering intel on how the city-states operate so that they can help advance Amalj'aa interests. This person will also say that they want this to be a secret, and ask Kiht not to tell anyone.....

You are all going to kill Kiht, you know that? You will kill her with stress. :love::lol:

Careful, you might get what you're asking.

Hello! Is there still room/time to get involved with this? We've been off the grid now for the past month or so after buying a house and doing our own renovations but we're [mostly] back now and Eva is officially returned from her IC vacation as of last night! I had posted on the 'Calling All Ishgardians' thread a couple months back with a sort of bird's-eye-view of her father's involvement with Ishgard, but there's actually a good deal more to it and I'd be glad to work with anyone else already involved on possible hooks and such if anyone would like to PM me or send me a /tell. :love:

Hello! Is there still room/time to get involved with this? We've been off the grid now for the past month or so after buying a house and doing our own renovations but we're [mostly] back now and Eva is officially returned from her IC vacation as of last night! I had posted on the 'Calling All Ishgardians' thread a couple months back with a sort of bird's-eye-view of her father's involvement with Ishgard, but there's actually a good deal more to it and I'd be glad to work with anyone else already involved on possible hooks and such if anyone would like to PM me or send me a /tell. :love:

Absolutely, there is still time. I will PM you. I am getting good at finding ways to integrate people into the plot. :)

AND UPDATE BELOW

Our last event was great. We quickly got the hang of the combat system which is not that complicated.

However, as everyone there could see, it tends to make a few characters seem incompetent if there is a small number of enemies. With only three assassins, we could not even allow the first few successful rolls to kill them off, and it did not allow much flexibility for characters who rolled a fail. There are also a few holes in the system I noticed.

For future encounters, I have made these adjustments:

Encounters where Exiles outnumber enemies. Spoiler used to reduce clutter. Please open.

Only Exiles who engage the enemies have to suffer the penalty of a fail roll. For example, lets say there are 3 assassins like last time. Exiles 1, 2 and 3 all roll rough success or flawless success. But Exiles 4, 5 and 6 roll fails.

In this instance, Exiles 4, 5 and 6 can emote something like the example below.

/em stands at the ready, but notices that Exiles 1, 2 and 3 have already attacked the assassins. He/she sees no opening to aid the counter-attack, so he/she stands by.

This allows you to bypass a fail if your character hasn't even entered the fight yet. Obviously, once your character rolls their first rough success, or flawless success, they can enter the fight. Once they enter, from that point on, they must accept the penalty for fail rolls.

The first one or two phases in this instance are simply reaction phases. Enemies can't be taken down in these phases. Once I say the reaction phases are over, a flawless success can take down an enemy, and a rough success can take down an already wounded enemy.

After reaction phases.

Flawless: allows character to take down an enemy, allows healer's spell to work flawlessly, allows barrier to fully protect someone from the penalty of a fail roll, caster can use a spell on multiple allies, ect.

Rough: allows character to wound an enemy at a cost, allows healer's spell to work well enough to get an injured player back in the fight at some cost to the healer, allows barrier to protect from a penalty of fail at a cost to caster, can use spell on only one character, ect. (Obviously, these costs mentioned have no real bearing on roll success. They only force you to emote your character making a mistake, getting a minor injury, getting a broken weapon, ect.)

Fail: character can only bypass if he/she isn't in the fight already. Character must suffer injury or incapacitation. Someone must use their roll to aid this injured character if they are to be able to roll in the next phase. Caster spell fails or barely has an effect. Casters must also suffer injury or incapacitation, but are allowed to roll for self-heal in the next phase.

Encounters where the enemies match us in number or outnumber us can't allow the bypass of a fail roll penalty. However, there are no reaction phases. From start to finish, the roll rules and allowances apply.

I know this may seem complicated, but I will gladly go over it again in the next event. I don't mind repeating myself. And, once we get it going, it is actually not that complicated.

Also, nothing is set in stone. I welcome input on the system, and I am willing to make changes.

NEXT MEETING

Xydane has limited time to finish his first chapter in the plot. We'll just call it a chapter one that needs to be finished before he leaves on a few weeks of hiatus. This means I can't give everyone huge notice in advance. It's been uber busy this week as well.

I am hoping to hold the next meeting either tomorrow and/or Saturday. For Saturday, please send me your availability, or I will just assume it is the same as last Saturday. For tomorrow, I am going to check between 2pm and 4pm PST to see who is on. If there are enough people on and available, I will try to get a meeting going. If not, I will check again between 8pm and 10pm PST, and do the same.

There is a lot Kiht needs to go over with everyone.

It seems we will have enough interest to form a meeting today, during the afternoon. The meeting will be started between 2pm and 4pm PST with whoever is on and available. Okay, that's not afternoon for -everyone-, but that is when I believe most will be ready.

Also, we have good news. Xydane isn't going on a hiatus after all :) We no longer need to rush the first chapter of our plot. However, I don't want to dilly dally either. The next couple meetings should allow for Kiht to have major discussions with almost everyone. Then, we have two major events coming after that.