Fantasia usage ICly?

Raelas

Nobody is suggesting that role-play should always be super serious, though if people are going to change some pretty major aspects of their character on a whim then it suggests - perhaps unintentionally - that they're not reliable or committed.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's in the game, I don't see why it shouldn't be lore. I would prefer if people used it and said they did to change race, none of the cliche "Accidentally drank some". But if the character used it to change a few unnoticeable features that could have been changed with the barber, theeeeen that would be a waste.

Yeah I used my free one to change some features that couldn't be changed, but seeing as I tend to thoroughly research character/race before making them I really would just have a Fantasia that served no purpose otherwise.

Booo.. *swats any remaining thoughts away* Yangh's appearence is part of who she is!

She wouldn't be the same without that tail ;)

You just like yanking it and hearing her spout off in her native tongue! (Which by the way i'm totally inventing! I have a large list of words already!)

I'm on to your games... -_-

So long as there is some form of reasoning or logic behind the story of using the potion (ic personally my character would have not a clue if you told her what the potion wasnot something she'd follow or look into) then by all means go for it.

There are far worse things people try to rp out or rp as that makes me cringe thinking about the proper lore behind it.

Pyra! ♥

You should know, I didn't duck out of your finale willingly... RL got firmly in the way of everything at the time :(

It's all good. Yang is dead to Pyra anyway :thumbsup:

Good lord! I can think of many reasons for why that might be... which one(s) is(are) it(they)? O.o

He finally turned and said to the group, “It’s probably best we each go our separate ways. We all need to recover and now that one of the master’s most important strongholds is gone he’ll have a difficult time finding any of us if ever.”

He looked to Gwen and gave her a nod for an understanding between the two. Pyralis turned and took in a deep breath, determined to find the tower to tie up the last loose end. Afterwards, he could finally rest. After all these years he could finally just rest; just one last monster to put in the ground.

See above. You're all dead to him.

It's not derailed.. Dear yma and I are on the road to discussing how I would need to use Fantasia to make myself hit puberty.

Just... instead of a miqo'te I'll have somehow turned into a hyur.

Yeah. That works.

WHATEVER, YANGH, YOU'RE NOT MY MUM.

It's not derailed.. Dear yma and I are on the road to discussing how I would need to use Fantasia to make myself hit puberty.

Yeah. That works.

Its ok... I still love you, body, mind and soul. ♥

Yeah. That works.

Its ok... I still love you, body, mind and soul. ♥

._. Well... I guess someone has to.. <3

I'll be completely honest and say I am totally, utterly and wholeheartedly against this.

A lot of things people don't think about is how everyone else has to act/RP around you now because of the massive change. It's literally waking up one day and you're a different race and look 100% different. It will have MASSIVE detrimental effects on your character's relationships with others. How is your lover supposed to feel when they look at you and see someone they don't recognize? What about family or children when they don't recognize their mother/father? How would your friends and colleagues build the rapport and trust back up again?

It utterly makes NO sense and no one really roleplays it correctly. It forces a certain amount of blending into the RP that I am not comfortable with because I, as a player, understand full well that a Fantasia was used but my character won't recognize this person if she walked by them in Ul'dah. So unless the Fantasa'd character approaches her she'd think they vanished unless she heard a rumour etc.

Even in this world with magic, there is really no precedent for this kind of radical change. My character would be forced to assume it's some sort of ploy or trick or the person had straight lost their mind. Unless there was some motivation or ulterior motivation, she would disassociate. In reality, if this happened to you, you would be massively alienated and this never seems to occur with Fantasia'd characters. People just carry on after about one day of weirdness which is utterly unrealistic.

I would be willing to entertain the idea of some sort of epic tale around it but the scope of people who would be involved in figuring out what happened is much smaller than the amount of people the Fantasia will actually affect. In short, the majority of people your character interacts with will always be left wondering why you're 2 feet tall now unless you tell straight them which is....heavy handed RP to say the least. 

TL;DR Roll a new character. Don't force everyone around you to focus on your change. Fantasia can DIAF.