RP classes that don't exist in game!

"Dammit SE! WHEN'S RED MAGE?!"

My sentiments exactly. You know what they say about saving the best for last though...let's just hope it isn't THAT long.

I don't see why you couldn't RP as a class of your choosing as Blue and Red mages are in the FF universe. If done well, you could totally pull it off.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sentiments exactly. You know what they say about saving the best for last though...let's just hope it isn't THAT long.

I don't see why you couldn't RP as a class of your choosing as Blue and Red mages are in the FF universe. If done well, you could totally pull it off.

So far it seems to be going down very well. Its technically with the lore of the FF14 universe and not actually a Blue Mage per se. Its more of a special sword than anything else and there's PLENTY of those in this world xD

From what I've heard about Red Mage in FFXI, and the potential that the class has exhibited in other games, I would imagine that the reason we don't have the class yet is that it's going to be hell on wheels to balance.

And, we don't really have room for a support class in the PvE model they designed for FFXIV.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE TIME! :D

So! I made lots of progress with the Blue Mage concept! I've put together a nice list of skills that I want and... even made a short, typo riddled, badly edited video with a song i'm ADDICTED to, to show off a few off them!

Big thank you to Arky Mosuke for spending an hour cycling is Paladin skills so I could dream up some combinations!!!

Quick notes:

THe lore I've created around the Scimitar is entirely with the lore of the game world, save for personal things such as Yangh's Clan, mother tongue, the lore regarding the blade's origin and Yangh connection to it.

Yangh's blade is one of only seven known to exist (There are actually Ten). Each comes with its own name and elemental affinity (I like the idea of such things!) 

In keeping with my love of Grandia II, I gave Yangh a laregely support / defensive Scimitar. Her element are largely Wind and Earth. In keeping with that, all of er skills are also Water and Earth based!

Anyway! Video! Enjoy! :D

TjfGt-EK5Zc

There seems to be two schools of thought in RP. Do what you want (within reason) or remain in relatively strict adherence to the lore. I'm in the latter category, but that's because I prefer down-to-earth, straightforward, and realistic RP. Especially that FFXIV is arguably a more realistic brand of fantasy, being surrounded by unique hero types all the time would take away what attracts me to the universe. 

Anyway, are you going to actually say your character is a Blue Mage? For some reason I feel that Blue Mage will either be Sharlayan or Ul'dah in origin, when it releases.

Pumpkin-Alchemist anyone?

Think of it! The class would work like Beastmaster from FF XI. You'd have pumpkin minions fighting for you and you get to manage the fray of everything! Plus you get delightful pumpkin relic armour!

As a pumpkin-alchemist, your healing would come from one of the pumpkin minions who sprays you with pumpkin beer! The possibilities are endless... but the greatest thing about it would be the Limit:

Pumpkinheart

You summon a giant jack-o'-lantern that your character rides on! For a select period of time, you are given complete control of this minion.

It shoots fireballs from it's eyes which does decent damage and puts a DOT on your enemy.

Walking into an enemy will puncture them with a terrible poison from the Jack-o'-Lantern's tentacles.

It emits a malodorous stench much like a Malboro that causes various status effects....

And it's final action is that it explodes, spraying a large AOE blast of pumpkinseeds that hit for 9999 points of damage!

You can't get any better!

[align=center]:tonberry: [/align]

Humbly request that you invent a pumpkin based Blue Mage attack plz! Must have!!!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OErAkEuv8c

There seems to be two schools of thought in RP. Do what you want (within reason) or remain in relatively strict adherence to the lore. I'm in the latter category, but that's because I prefer down-to-earth, straightforward, and realistic RP. Especially that FFXIV is arguably a more realistic brand of fantasy, being surrounded by unique hero types all the time would take away what attracts me to the universe. 

Anyway, are you going to actually say your character is a Blue Mage? For some reason I feel that Blue Mage will either be Sharlayan or Ul'dah in origin, when it releases.

Nope! She's isn't a Blue Mage at all. Just a special Scimitar that holds Aether in crystals. Nothing more nothing less. I've never once referred to her as a Blue Mage either as that's a pitfall no one wants to fall into RP wise.

I made doubly certain to reference this  multiple times throughout this thread for the same reasons you listed.

Lore wise? Crystals and gems exist that hold all manner of Aether types, hell the even use them to summon primals.

I don't think its too far a stretch to have a blade that steals the essences of a dying monster and traps it for further use... that said, I always make sure to explain to anyone I RP with about the blade itself, if they don't like the concept or they feel it violates their way of RP then they have the option to bow out and / or request I limit the use as much as possible.

I've no problem with either request truth be told!

Erik, I love you. I love Soul Eater and love you doubly for the Soul Eater goodness.

Blair is love.

That is all. ♥,..,♥

Just wanted to pop in and say that though I didn't get a chance to sit and talk with you, I loved the glimpse into the character that I got at the OS&R event and sincerely look forward to the chance for C'rhisi and Yangh to chat and discuss the various merits and pitfalls to different kinds of magic!

Ah yes! I noticed her but... the meeting was quite hectic and not many approached her. Which is valid really, no one KNEW her! xD

She was this odd talking Keeper with tanned skin and a crazy looking Scimitar... who would WANT to get near that?!

I hope to see you around though! Prod me anytime!