RP classes that don't exist in game!

Ohhh so what it is, is that Scimitar is something iconic for Blue Mages in FF history but in-game currently it's just another type of sword that sword users wield.

Which is similar to how there are regular thieves and well... THIEFs?

Most of what I would consider Blue Mage stuff is from Strago and FF6 so the "iconics of Jobs/Classes" sorta go over my head. ... never actually was good at FF3 or 5 >.>;

That's because the scimitar was only ever "iconic" to Blue Mage in FFXI. That is literally the only instance of a blatantly Middle Eastern vibe to the class. Heck, it's very first appearance was in FFV, where they appear to be wearing prototypes for Pixar's The Incredibles wardrobe.

5-bluemage-a.jpg

But, a lot of FFXIV players on the RPC had their first FF experience in XI, so I suppose it could be argued that it's "iconic" now in that sense - though I would be quick to counter that a single game in the series makes that particular detail no more "iconic" than FFX-2's version of the class that used magical guns for the Blue Magic effect.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, a lot of FFXIV players on the RPC had their first FF experience in XI, so I suppose it could be argued that it's "iconic" now in that sense.

This is it exactly.

Honestly, going back to the subject, I would trust SE to flip the script on us and completely change the lore/look/everything from FFXI to FFXIV (Again, looking at you Scholar)

Ohhh so what it is, is that Scimitar is something iconic for Blue Mages in FF history but in-game currently it's just another type of sword that sword users wield.

Which is similar to how there are regular thieves and well... THIEFs?

Most of what I would consider Blue Mage stuff is from Strago and FF6 so the "iconics of Jobs/Classes" sorta go over my head. ... never actually was good at FF3 or 5 >.>;

That's because the scimitar was only ever "iconic" to Blue Mage in FFXI. That is literally the only instance of a blatantly Middle Eastern vibe to the class. Heck, it's very first appearance was in FFV, where they appear to be wearing prototypes for Pixar's The Incredibles wardrobe.

5-bluemage-a.jpg

But, a lot of FFXIV players on the RPC had their first FF experience in XI, so I suppose it could be argued that it's "iconic" now in that sense.

Woooow! They look so silly! xDDD

This is it exactly.

Honestly, going back to the subject, I would trust SE to flip the script on us and completely change the lore/look/everything from FFXI to FFXIV (Again, looking at you Scholar)

Double post!

I never did like SCH in FF11 if i'm honest so I didn't mind the change. That said... I don't like it in FF14 either xD

But yes, back on topic!

I think with what we have so far and have ironed out between us; as long as i'm CAREFUL I can make this work just fine!

So unless anyone would like to keep this discussion going I vote to move to monster spells that aren't stupidly broken!

This is it exactly.

True. Scholar is a departure from both FF3 and FF11. I believe the only thing they ALL share is the use of tomes/grimoires and support/healing capabilities. For all we know, they'll use FFX-2's Gun Mage with its Blue Mage capabilities. >_>

Personally, I'll continue to hope for a playable Qu race with a Qu-exclusive Professional Eater job that learns Blue Magic by consuming enemies. Mmm, flash-fried Ixal. *hides in the corner, tongue planted firmly in cheek*

Edit: Whooops, I was writing this post at the same time you were writing yours, Yangh. I don't have anything else to add in terms of Monster Spells, but going by Strago's lores in VI, maybe.. Tsunami/Clean Sweep as a sort of mass water attack (I believe currently Conjurer has the only water-based spell in the game) 1000 Needles from Cactuar, Doom from Teratotaur? (So OP, nerf nao pls.)

True. Scholar is a departure from both FF3 and FF11. I believe the only thing they ALL share is the use of tomes/grimoires and support/healing capabilities. For all we know, they'll use FFX-2's Gun Mage with its Blue Mage capabilities. >_>

I... I never knew how badly I wanted this until right this moment

....Same.

Oh god same.

I haven't even gotten far in X... I can't even start on X-2 @_@;

What about those Lvl # spells? I've seen some used by Strago in FF6 but I don't think the ones like say... the ones Ahriman uses are similar in nature. Not even sure how it would in FFXIV either.

... but I totally vote for Bad Breath. Some way. Some how. Yangh should use bad breath :P

... but I totally vote for Bad Breath. Some way. Some how. Yangh should use bad breath :P

... Two words: Garlean Garlic.

Also this. I don't care how. I don't care what the explanation is for an undulating, triangular.. rip in space and time or whatever it's supposed to be. Grand Delta/Grand Trine needs to be involved somehow. Strago's best Blue Magic, oh lawd!

[video=youtube]

(Reminds me of Magus' Dark Matter spell on Chrono Trigger. These spells were the epitome of badass at the time, along with Ultima. x3)

Good lord! xD

I personally think Bad breath would be waaaaaaaaaay too OP... though mostly everyone else doesn't seem to think so... Hm!

I'd like some breath attacks, some basic heal and a bunch of buffs if i'm honest!

I love me some buffs!!!

It's funny but if it has all the status effects it would be OP, so just balance it for humor's sake >.>

If i HAD to choose some... Slow, Poison aaaaand... Paralyze I guess.

Still sounds OP...

Slow and Poison. Poison would slow you so it makes sense!

The bad breath could somehow debilitate the user too (I think that was something used in a previous FF).

That is a fantastic idea!

I like the idea of powerful spells having backlashes!

Not sure how'd I'd go about it though... thoughts?

Double post again! 

So in light of moving onto skills, i'll list the kinds i'd LIKE to have and see if the equivalent exists somewhere in Eorzea.

Metallic Body - This skill is basically a mana wall.

White wind - An AoE light heal

Bad breath (Nerfed) - Limited to Poison and slow. Has backlash to user. (This is obvious)

Other breath attacks - Fire, water, wind, earth, paralyze, stone, sleep.

Death scissor - Basically a magical attack that's physical. I'm thinking this could be learnt from the Cancer crab FATE.

1000 needles?

Please suggest some more! Thank you! ♥

Pumpkin-Alchemist anyone?

Think of it! The class would work like Beastmaster from FF XI. You'd have pumpkin minions fighting for you and you get to manage the fray of everything! Plus you get delightful pumpkin relic armour!

As a pumpkin-alchemist, your healing would come from one of the pumpkin minions who sprays you with pumpkin beer! The possibilities are endless... but the greatest thing about it would be the Limit:

Pumpkinheart

You summon a giant jack-o'-lantern that your character rides on! For a select period of time, you are given complete control of this minion.

It shoots fireballs from it's eyes which does decent damage and puts a DOT on your enemy.

Walking into an enemy will puncture them with a terrible poison from the Jack-o'-Lantern's tentacles.

It emits a malodorous stench much like a Malboro that causes various status effects....

And it's final action is that it explodes, spraying a large AOE blast of pumpkinseeds that hit for 9999 points of damage!

You can't get any better!

[align=center]:tonberry: [/align]

Think of it! The class would work like Beastmaster from FF XI. You'd have pumpkin minions fighting for you and you get to manage the fray of everything! Plus you get delightful pumpkin relic armour!

As a pumpkin-alchemist, your healing would come from one of the pumpkin minions who sprays you with pumpkin beer! The possibilities are endless... but the greatest thing about it would be the Limit:

Pumpkinheart

You summon a giant jack-o'-lantern that your character rides on! For a select period of time, you are given complete control of this minion.

It shoots fireballs from it's eyes which does decent damage and puts a DOT on your enemy.

Walking into an enemy will puncture them with a terrible poison from the Jack-o'-Lantern's tentacles.

It emits a malodorous stench much like a Malboro that causes various status effects....

And it's final action is that it explodes, spraying a large AOE blast of pumpkinseeds that hit for 9999 points of damage!

*takes the pumpkins away from you*

I think you have an obsession.... >.>

Pumpkinheart

Humbly request that you invent a pumpkin based Blue Mage attack plz! Must have!!!

Pumpkinheart

*takes the pumpkins away from you*

I think you have an obsession.... >.>

3vr1gw0.gif

Good lord! xD

I personally think Bad breath would be waaaaaaaaaay too OP... though mostly everyone else doesn't seem to think so... Hm!

I'd like some breath attacks, some basic heal and a bunch of buffs if i'm honest!

I love me some buffs!!!

Slightly Bad Breath was in XI. It came from an item, but... *shrugs*

Slightly bad breath sounds like a good compromise!

As an update, RPing this concept has gone over SUPER well. Even had the blade lead her to her first skill. Took a party of 8 to the burning wall to defeat Aeetes and learn his Stoneskin ability!

So far so good, I'm just making very sure I don't push this concept too far... but with Hunts, FATES and dungeons? The sky is the limit for the amount of awesome RP that can come of it!

I don't see an issue with it, personally - provided it's done tastefully. I see most of the playable classes as a guideline rather than a solid rule, anyway - my character may be a dragoon but that doesn't mean he has access to all of that classes abilities IC - he's pretty much just a guy who wields a lance in battle.

All the love to you Edgar. I was skimming through the Blue Mage spells in FF11 and there are just so many!!!

I have an event set motion currently to learn Bad Breath (A nerfed version, Slow, Poison and silence... but all removable with one Esuna / Leeches for balance) but I love the sound of Mighty Guard, White wind, Flash, Aero and Flare! :D

Any Idea where I could find these on existing mobs? Or even a close equivalent? I plan on making a nice list in case anyone else wants to use the concept!