Turn your character into an instance!

Something else I'm borrowing from an old guild forum.

We used to have a thread that made our alts and main into a raid-esque scenario, dungeons, whatever, that could be fightable or some such and gave them attacks, quotes, phases, everything. So I'm just gonna casually spread that joy here if you don't mind. Also, don't be afraid and bend the rules as much as you'd like. This is all creative writing. xD

I actually randomly thought about this yesterday at the gym late night, and I've been wanting to make it a thread since. :P Without further adieu, have your own imaginable fight version of a 8-man Oscare raid. 

Scenario and setting: Western Thanalan, Vesper Bay. 8-man raid.

A Blind Man's Hunt

Description: Blinded by hunger to hunt something larger than Oscare can actually handle, the man decided to round up his family and test his mettle with an avid group of adventurers. Defeat his siblings and Oscare himself and plant him back down to the realm of reality.

The first boss would be against the youngest of Oscare's sisters -- Kanah Iono. A crybaby and bookworm at heart, she will be the first challenge you face.

Quotes: "SHOCKING, isn't it?" (After using Zap Tap)

"A-Ah! Hey, I-I was supposed to win...!" (Sobbing tone after losing)

"Just so... electrifying..." (After using Bad Pun)

Attacks: [Paralysis V] - Kanah chooses two random targets to inflict a 18-second paralysis on. These targets cannot be a tank.

[Thunder III] - AoE thunder-element spell.

[shock Mine] - Kanah drops AoE thunder-element traps that go off whence a player comes within 2-yalms of it.

[Thunder-All I] - Used at 75% and 20%, Kanah will apply a thunder-element DoT on all players for 30 seconds. Cannot be cured by Esuna.

[Zap Tap] - Used at 50% only, Kanah sets down two Thunder Wards that are connected to her. As long as these wards are up, Kanah will have a buff called 'Zap Tap' that negates all damage and deals it back in thunder-element damage. Destroy her wards to cancel her buff. Main mechanic of the fight.

[bad Pun] - Kanah makes a horribly pad pun that is off her global cooldown. Anyone within 2-yalms of hearing this pun will be stunned from stupidity for 3 seconds.

The second boss is Grace Iono, the older of the two Iono sisters. She fights with a bow unlike Kanah who prefers using thunder spells.

Quotes: "Dammit, Oscare! They're all yours..." (After losing)

"One shot, one kill." (Using Kill Shot)

"Gonna need you to shut up, K?" (Using Blunt Arrow)

"Hah! goes boom!" (Player sets off Explosive Trap)

Attacks: [Auto-attack] Basic auto-attack.

[Kill Shot] At 75%, 50%, and 25%, Grace marks the player with her curren aggro with 'The Prey' debuff for 10 seconds. After the timer is done, Grace immediately kills the target. She will exhaust herself if her target switches three times (meaning, to avoid this attack effective, tank swap).

[blunt Arrow] Grace targets a caster -- either DPS or healer -- and silences them for five seconds.

[Explosive Trap] - Similar to Kanah's Shock Mine, except it has a much larger radius and the player setting it off will more than likely die.

[Gallant Barrage] - Grace randomly targets 4 players and auto-attacks them for four seconds, then she focuses on a single target and attacks them with increased potency for another four seconds.

The final boss is Oscare himself! Likewise with Grace, he'll fight with a bow for his first phase, then switch to a sword-and-gun for his second phase at 50%.

Quotes: "Hmm, this is an interesting situation. You fell my two sisters, but you won't get the best of me. At least, not easily." (Introductory line)

"You drove me to this point, don't complain if you die. You brought it upon yourselves." (Switching to second phase)

"The hunt's just begun..." (Using Thrill of the Hunt)

"So this is how we're going to fight?!" (Using Survival Instincts)

Attacks(most attacks can be used in both phases): [Auto-attack] - Basic auto-attack.

[Mortal Shot](First phase only) - Refer to Grace's [Kill Shot]. Only activates at 75% for Oscare.

[Venomous Bite] - Applies to three random targets besides tanks and applies a 30 second poison that cannot be lifted.

[Disorient] - Oscare chooses one DPS target and disorients them, causing them to attack allies instead for 5 seconds.

[Arrow Rain] - A large cone-like-cleave (think the second boss of Halatali radius) in front of Oscare. Surviving targets receive a 5% accuracy debuff.

[stance Switch] - Discards bow and switches to his gun-and-sword, begins the next phase.

[Head Shot](Second) - Powerful attack with an increased chance to hit critically.

[seeping Wounds](Second) - Sword attack that targets the player with his current aggro and leaves a debuff that decreases HP restored by healing spells by 20%.

[Thrill of the Hunt] - At 20%, Oscare will activate Thrill of the Hunt and increase his HP and damage dealt.

[survival Instincts] - At 3%, Oscare will further increase his HP, damage dealt, and greatly decreases damage received. He loses all his attacks besides [Head Shot] and [Arrow Rain], both of which have a much, much shorter cooldown due to these two being the only two attacks he have access too. This becomes a true heart-ed DPS race to the death.

Ok, I'll bite, this sounds fun!

Scenario: Trial by Fire, 8-man trial

Southern Thanalan, Sagolii desert

The once proud and respected member of the Sultansworn has been implicated in a plot to assassinate her liege. Rather than submit to a formal inquiry, she has fled to the desert. You must select your friends carefully and bring her back, preferably alive.

Quotes:

"Who are you? Why are you here? Oschon has betrayed me!" - At start of fight

"Halone shall strike you down!" - Just before using Shield cleaver

"Azeyma, protect me!" - Before using Voice of the Just

"You cannot defeat me! Nymeia has shown me your fate!" - At 50% health, Phase II

"Rhalgr, lend me your strength!" - Just before using Ala'Mhigan Wrath

"Nald'thal, prepare thy gates for another!" - Just before using Impale

"Menphina... has my curse... been lifted?" - Upon defeat

Attacks:

-- Phase I (Ser Crofte begins using her sword and a shield) --

[Auto-Attack]

[shield Cleaver] (instant) - A 90° frontal cleave attack that splits damage among all hit by it.

[shield Bash] (instant) - Stuns her current target for 10 seconds and causes her to switch to whoever has next highest enmity.

[Voice of the Just] (cast, interruptible) - a room-wide AOE that cannot be avoided if successful. Inflicts Blind, and decreases all DPS by 50% for 8 seconds.

-- Phase II, 50% health (Ser Crofte drops her shield and wields her sword two-handed) --

[Auto-Attack]

[Ala'Mhigan Wrath] (casted, not interruptible) - A room-wide AOE that will reduce all players health by 50% of maximum. Only avoidable at the extreme edges of the room.

[impale] - Ser Crofte will randomly chose one target who was affected by Ala'Mhigan Wrath and jump to them, impaling them with her sword and leaving them incapacitated.

{{ Edit }}

After further conspiring, I give you Trial by Fire (HM):

Same as above with the following exceptions:

- Each time she uses Ala'Mhigan Wrath, her health is decreased by 5%

- At 30% health an add is spawned.

- Ser Castille: Must be off-tanked and killed before Ser Crofte reaches 15% health, or else he will enrage and wipe the group. She will continue to use her Wrath/Impale combination during this time.

Hmm...

Paved with Good Intentions - 8 Player Trial

When dropped from a great enough height, everything shatters. Recent tragedies have seemingly broken the spirits of former Free Paladin Warren Castille. He was last seen seeking refuge at the Sanctum of the Twelve.

Phase 1

"Please, we don't want this..."

The fight with Castille begins with him in the center of the Sanctum. He cannot be harmed in combat, deflecting and fighting defensively without retaliating until the party has engaged one of three Effigies, spread around the outsides of the courtyard.

*Effigy of Heart - An effigy of a miqo'te woman carve from sapphire. She is adorned in a robe with a gentle smile on her face, arms outstretched for an embrace.

*Effigy of Fist - An effigy of a miqo'te man carved from white opal. He is adorned in the trappings of a fistfighter, a determined expression on his face with arms braced for attack.

*Effigy of Protection - An effigy of a hyur woman carved from ruby. She is adorned in heavy armor with a serious expression on her face. She holds a broadsword with both hands straight up before her.

Effigies are fragile and break in one or two hits. Destroying an effigy will cause the others to become invulnerable for a time while also forcing Warren's concentration to break and the fight to begin in earnest.

"What have you done?! Just leave us alone!"

Regardless of which effigy is chosen, Warren will always have access to a standard cleave for his primary attack. It is recommended the party spread out to avoid taking unnecessary damage. He will also gain new abilities depending on which effigies are destroyed.

Heart - Warren gains a potent regen effect whenever his cleave hits more than one target. This regen can stack.

Fist - Warren will draw in the target with the lowest threat before cleaving.

Protection - Warren's cleave will become a large circular AoE.

Phase 1 ends when the paladin is reduced to 80% HP. If he reaches 78% and only one effigy has been destroyed, he will enrage and wipe the encounter.

Phase 2

"No! Why are you doing this?!"

The effigies gain an ability on top of the first, further complicating the song and dance. Heart gives Warren Holy Succor as an interruptible but highly potent cure spell. Fist will cause Warren's damage to increase by roughly 20%, while Protection will decrease his damage taken by the same.

This phase will continue until Warren reaches 30% and the final effigy can be destroyed. Failing to do so before 28% will cause him to enrage and wipe the encounter.

Phase 3

"You've... taken... everything from me...! I'll do the same to you!"

Not only will Warren be fighting with all six of the previous effects at this point, but he will also gain access to one final trait depending on which effigy is destroyed last.

Heart - Warren will turn and execute whatever healer has recovered the most damage.

Fist - Warren will turn an maim whatever player has dealt the most damage to him, inflicting them with a -70% damage debuff.

Protection - Warren will gain an undispellable Stoneskin effect following every cleave.

Summary

Your party make-up and ability can cause this fight to go in any direction. Careful management of which buffs to grant will make or break the encounter. Persevere and end his tale.

I was dedicated to make a HM version of Blind Man's Hunt.

HM Kanah Iono:

• She drops more Shock Mines than usual with an increased radius.
  • Paralysis V targets three players -- one of each role.
  • For Zap Tap, she spawns three wards as opposed to two in Normal mode.

HM Grace Iono:

• Increased potency on all attacks.
  • Gallant Barrage chooses 5 random players instead of four and the time reduces to 2.5 seconds.
  • She gains [Chill Trap] that freezes players that set it off for six seconds.
  • She gains [snake Trap] that releases 12 very weak trash mobs of snakes that have [bite] which has a cast time of 3 seconds, which leaves a 30 second poison if it lands -- if set off.

HM Oscare Iono:

• Remains purely the same except that at 20%, Lohan Iono (the three's dad) that has the exact same moves at Grace Iono (Normal mode) has. These two must be killed at around the same time, or else they'll enrage 8 seconds after the other dies and wipes the raid.

I'm just going to make one boss fight.

Cavern of the Corrupted Soul

Overwhelmed by a corrupted soul stone, Jancis has to be subdued before unleashing an aether-absorbing power into Eorzea.

"Lords. Ladies. I am so happy you are here. Soon all of Eorzea will be free."

Fight starts when the corrupted soul is attacked.

"I beseech you! You know not what you do!"

Jancis has a low health pool but makes up for it with giant mana pool. Her defense is low. She stands in front of the corrupted soul and tries to shield it with her body.

Stone Protection

Jancis will cast Stone Protection around the Corrupted Soul. This drains a significant amount of her mana.

Once enough DPS is done to the stone she will renew the buff. Instant Cast Spell.

Wrath of the Coral Sea

If Jancis' health drops below 90%, a light post will appear where members of the Coral Sea will show up to. Seeing Jancis is in danger, they will obliterate everyone and wipe the raid.

Lover's Call

After the first Stone Protection is broken, Jancis will call on Alveo. Alveo has a large health pool and will fixate on a random member of the raid. Should he reach his target, his melee attack hits for 85% of maximum health. He gains a stacking buff which speeds up his movement over time should he not get wounded. Once his health has been taken down enough, he will lose his speed buff and fixate another target.

This continues until Alveo is defeated.

Jancis' Spells (All of these use up a small portion of her mana. All can be interrupted.)

[align=left]Stone Spikes: In random areas of the cavern, Jancis will make the rock jut up, stabbing anyone who stands in the area of effect. Those hit take a damage penalty.

Water Gush: Jancis will send a stream of water out from in front of her. Anyone caught in it gets knocked back and slowed.

Wind Whip: Jancis will keep up repeatedly as a constant and consistent damage on the raid that sends out three pulses of wind damage.

Wife's Cure: Always directed at Alveo, will heal him for 40% of his health.

Corrupted Soul Stone Spells (not interrupt able. Hard Mode the stone has already increased in power and has more abilities)

(HM)Stone Prison: Traps a random raid member draining their health over time or until the prison is broken. Jancis' abilities are negated on anyone in a prison.

Wind Sheer: A blast of damage on a selected target. Anyone who stands in front of the selected target will take the blast instead.

(HM)Drown: A sphere of water envelops a random raid member and will drain 110% of their health before dissipating. Jancis' abilities are negated on anyone in the sphere.

OOM - Shroud and Revive:

Once Jancis runs out of mana, she will collapse and recover. The soul stone will be unprotected from stone protection and can be attacked. Once the soul stone is killed, Jancis is free of its control over her.

Jancis will cast Shroud on herself to regain mana and begin casting Revive on Alveo. If she succeeds her cast, Alveo will enrage and use his Inner Dragon Fire to wipe the raid.

Quotes:

"Please, forgive me."

"Beloved! You are here."

"Alveo... no... no!"

"The Elements are not moved by your plight. Cease this attack at once. Come to your senses."

"I am... not done yet. Alveo, do not give up. Back on your feet. I need you."

"Thaliak... grant me clarity. I have caused grave harm, but you have come to my aid despite my atrocities. Are you hurt?"[/align]

Hotfixes

*Effigies have been spaced further away to prevent destroying all three at once with area-of-effect spells.

*The Mangled debuff now persists through death if Effigy of Fist is the final one destroyed.

*Warren Castille's movement speed has been increased. Sorry kiters!

And introducing... Warren Castille Hard Mode!

The fight is largely the same as Normal Mode, barring these changes:

*Effigies are no longer shielded. Destroying an effigy grants the same effects at Normal Mode, but now also grants Warren a stack of Avenging Anger. This increases his damage dealt by 300% and makes him immune to Provoke effects for 10 seconds per stack. He will focus target whomever destroyed an effigy.

*The threshold to destroy an effigy has been tightened. He must be under the effects of 2 Effigies PRIOR to reaching 80% and all 3 effects prior to 30% or he will gain stacks of Avenging Anger every five seconds.

But wait! There's more! The dev team is hard at work finishing up the final touches on Paved with Good Intentions EX. Please look forward to it!

Obsidian Hornet would best be represented as a Trial

Thicker Than Blood

Roen Deneith and her brother Gharen Wolfsong have been captured and put to death in a show trial for crimes against the Sultana. Consumed with grief and rage Obsidian Hornet has turned her wrath on the law enforcement of Ul'dah. Sultansworn and Brass Blades alike have been found dead. They've been found dead at their posts, in their beds, inside the city and out. There is no safety to be found in Ul'dah. After learning that the killer was Obsidian Hornet she has been pursued deep into the Sagoli Desert. Three piles of stones are arrayed behind Hornet, each one built in honor of a person that she has loved and lost.

Phase One: Warrior

During this phase the party confronts Hornet in her heaviest armor and weilding a massive axe. Hornet in this phase has very high defense.

[Auto-Attack]: A basic axe swing.

[Leave Me Alone!]: Her primary mechanic for this part of the fight is a massive swing of her axe. This is a very wide cone AoE attack that she will target in the direction of the DPS player with the highest threat. The a player is caught in the AoE they will take damage equal to 50% of their HP, be knocked back, and suffer a debuff that slows their attack speed by 35% for 30 seconds. The debuff can be dispelled. The attack is uninterruptible.

[swatting the Midge]: This attack targets a random party member who does not currently have aggro. This is a leaping attack that deals 35% of the target's HP and inflicts a bleed effect that lasts 15 seconds and tic's every three seconds and deals 15% of the targets total health per tic. This cannot be dispelled and must be healed through.

[Grieving Heart]: When Hornet reaches 75% of her HP her grief overcomes her and she curls into a defensive posture. While in this position all damage she receives is reduced by 25% and she begins channeling the attack [Furious Heart]. Uninterruptible.

[Furious Heart]: This attack signals her transition to Phase 2. Parts of Hornet's armor shatter along with her axe. This is a massive AoE that is only mitigated by hiding behind one of the three piles of stones on the map. Anyone caught in the AoE and not behind the stones will take damage equal to 85% of their HP and be Stunned for 5 seconds. People who are behind the stones when the attack happens will only loose 35% of their HP and not be subject to Stun.

Phase 2: Lancer

In this phase Hornet's defense is reduced by 25% from her Warrior phase but her damage done is increased by 25%. Her attacks come significantly faster in this phase and she moves around her primary target at random points in the fight making position based attacks slightly more difficult to land on her.

[Auto Attack]: A basic lance thrust

[Desert Strike]: This is Hornet's primary mechanic for this phase. A powerful thrust of her lance that will pierce through her target in a straight cone that extends the entire map. This attack does increasing amounts of damage based on the number of targets it hits.

1 Target: 25% of HP

2 Targets: 35% of HP to all caught in the AoE

3 Targets: 65% of HP to all caught in the AoE

4 or more: 100% of HP to all caught in the AoE

Positioning Hornet optimally for this attack is the Tank's primary job through this phase. The attack charges for 2 seconds at the end of which Hornet will leap to a position behind the Tank and the attack will extend in whatever direction the Tank is facing.

[swarming Strike]: Hornet will leap into the air and hurls phantom spears into the ground in a random pattern throughout the arena. Each lance will be surrouned by a ground targeted AoE that will burst shortly after the lance lands. Players caught in the AoE's will take damage equal to 35% of their total HP and be incapacitated by the swirl of sand kicked up by the attack and be unable to act or move for 3 seconds. This is not dispellable.

[storm of Rage]: This attack signals the end of Phase 2 and occurs when Hornet is reduced to 35% HP. She will channel this attack for 3 seconds before it is executed. During this attack Hornet swirls her lance through the air, kicking up a dust storm that stuns all party members for the duration of the attack. Hornet will execute a series of increasingly powerful attacks against the MT during this time. If the MT is killed by these attacks Hornet will Enrage and wipe the Raid. Becuase the MT cannot be healed during this phase it is vitally important that the MT is fully healed and all damage reduction measures available to them are used. Undergeared MT's may require the use of the Tank Limit Break to survive though this will make Phase 3 considerably more difficult.

[Phase 3: Pugilist]

Immediately after executing [storm of Rage] Hornet sheds her remaining heavy armor and weapon, now attacking with only her bare fists. Her defense is further reduced by 15% but her attack speed and power are increased by an additional 15%. This phase is essentially a DPS race. If Hornet is not defeated within 90 seconds from the start of this phase she will enrage and wipe the Raid. During this phase she will retain her abilities from all previous phases though in a modified form. All of Hornet's attacks in Phase 3 are uninterruptible.

[Auto Attack] A basic punch and kick combo.

[Leave Me Alone!]: During this phase this attack is an large AoE centered on Hornet. For every target caught in the AoE Hornet's defense increases by 10% and her attack speed increases by 15%. Targets caught in the AoE will receive damage equal to 25% of their total HP and be knocked back.

[swatting the Midge]: During this phase this attack will target the player with the second highest threat. Hornet will leap to the target and deliver a ground targeted AoE at their position that will deal 45% of the targets HP in damage and root the target in place for 10 seconds. Additionally, any other players caught in the AoE will be unable to use weapon skills for 4 seconds. Neither effect is dispellable.

[Desert Strike]: During this phase this attack will be signaled by a criss-cross pattern of AoE zones throughout the map. Hornet will leap into the air and dive into the center of the map causing a ground burst throughout the AoE zone that will deal 75% of total HP in damage to every one caught in the strike and will additionally disable weapon skills for those struck for 15 seconds. This effect is dispellable.

[swarming Strike]: During this phase this attack will be signaled by Hornet moving to strike the four players with the lowest current threat. She will teleport to each and deliver a single blow dealing 35% of the targets HP in damage to each before returning to the MT. In addition, the targets struck will be afflicted by a Slow effect. This effect is dispellable.

Fight Quotes

"Don't do this! Ul'dah must be purged of corruption!" Said to signal the start of the fight.

"Gharen... Roen... I won't let your deaths be for nothing!" Said while channeling Grieving Heart.

"Fools! Can't you see that you are fighting for monsters! Said at start of Phase 2.

"Nothing will stop me! Not the Sworn! Not the Blades! Not the Twelve themselves!" Said at the start of Phase 3.

"Is this it? Is this what all the blood was worth? Said when Hornet is defeated.

Here goes...

Axe Me Again (Trial):

After a near escape and a failed job, the Unnamed Mercenary has found himself in Ul’Dah, looking for someone to take out his anger on. With Kage out of the way, he’s taken to attacking anyone around the streets that might put up a fight. The Brass Blades have tasked you take him down, before he hurts anyone else.

[Phase 1 - 100% to 75% HP]: Merc will randomly target plays and auto-attack with his axe. His artificial-aether device is currently set in aether-drain, and any spells directed at him will be absorbed, regaining his HP. After every three auto-attacks, Merc will throw his axe at a random player, with AoE damage. Shorty before, he’ll mutter something about the player, to give a clue.

[Phase 2 - 75% to 50% HP]: Becoming enraged, Merc begins releasing heavy amounts of aether. The stage will occasionally spawn large over-aspected crystals, which will explode in a pattern, much like the Titan (Hard Mode) or Titan (Extreme Mode) bombs. Players will need to memory the 4 different patterns to dodge the attacks. While expending aether, Merc will be invulnerable to physical damage. Magic attacks and skills must be used to damage him.

[Phase 3 - Final Phase]: After a series of attacks, the Unnamed Mercenary is getting desperate, and has lost control of his aether-device. He will switch between Phase 1 and Phase 2, using attacks from both. Players will need to figure out which mode the device is in, and attack appropriately to bring him down.

Quotes:

Start of Battle: “Heh, think you can put up a good fight?”

Phase 1 Random Targets *A marker will be placed on the player*:

• “Hey you! With the [insert random equipment]! You’re next.”
  • “You aren’t even a threat!”
  • “Why don’t you all leave me alone?!”
  • “You little shit”
  • “Don’t call me ‘porkchop’ “

End of Phase 1: “Bloody hells that hurt.”

Phase 2 Before Crystals Explode *the quote will determine the pattern*:

• “Try and escape this!”
  • “yargh”
  • “...”

End of Phase 2: “I...I can’t control it any more. You’re all dead”

Defeated: “Heh, so I guess there are some good fighters left out there…”

Axe Me Again (Hard Mode):

The Unnamed Mercenary is back again. After having become aetherically stable, he’s begun practicing spells. Even if he isn’t a threat to the city, he’s still dangerous. Enraged at the recent events in his life after regaining some lost memories, he’s vowed to make a second Dalmud fall from the sky, wiping out all of Garlemald, following the rest of Hydaelyn. With your closest companions, you must stop him! Note: The following encounter is compeltely different from the previous battle.

[Phase 1 - 100% to 80% HP]: Merc will summon a random egi to fight for him. It could either be an Ifrit, Titan, or Garuda. The egi would have the same attacks as a summoner’s pet, simply scaled higher. Merc would be standing in the middle of the map, kneeled over working on something, untargettable. His HP would be shared with the egi’s.

[Phase 2 - 80% to 30% HP]: In this phase, Merc will unsummon whichever egi had been out. He will proceed to take out a grimoire, used to summon all three egi and an eos. Similar to the King Mog Extreme fight, killing an egi will make him sacrifice HP to resummon it back with full HP. There will be a 10 second cast period for each egi. Players may want to primarily focus on lowering the three egis, followed by taking out Eos before she can heal any substantially.

[Phase 3 - 30% to 10% HP]: Merc will become targetable at this point. He will join in the battle, using his axe and physical attacks similar to the normal encounter. The egis will continue to attack, and will no longer take away his HP each summon. He will stop to summon them again, should one die.

[Phase 4 - Enrage]: In this final stage of the battle, Merc will lose control of all of the egi and eos. They will random target him and the players (including getting healed), as he prepares to launch a mini-Dalamud towards the Garlean Empire. There will be an unknown timer for how long that will  take. If there is too much damage done to the mini-Dalamud from the egis, it will explode, wiping the party.

Quotes:

Start of Battle: “Why are you getting in my way? I’m simply wish to get rid of them as well!”

Phase 1:

• “They took...everything.”
  • “Why won’t you just go?”
  • “This is for the best”

End of Phase 1: “[Name of Egi], I’ll grant you power”

Phase 2:

• “You have your gods, I have these.”
  • “Stop getting in my way!”
  • “You Eorzeans wouldn’t understand!”
  • “Can’t you see this is for the best?”

End of Phase 2: “You leave me no other choice”

Phase 3:

• “You really wanted this that badly?!”
  • “I’m ashamed with myself for this.”

End of Phase 3: “This is your last chance! I can’t control them any more.”

Party Wipe from mini-Dalamud: “What have you done?!”

Defeated: “Urghh….”

This sounds fun. So I'd like to try. 

Scenario: The Fall of Azure Falcon

Anelia Sadowyn, an elite task force Sultansworn captain has been told to betray Ul'dah and is on her rampage of defeating all soldiers that tried to stop her. By the order of Sultana and Lord Lolorito, eliminate ex-captain Sadowyn and put her to rest.

Quotes:

---Before the fight---

"People live, then they die. That's the way of life. I've lost many people that I cared about because of my path that I've chosen. Were you sent to finish me off? What is your purpose of fighting? Do you even know why you were sent to kill me? If you defeat me, your legend will echo in eternity."

---Beginning of the fight---

"So you've chosen to fight me. Then I'll let you know that I will not give in without a fight!"

---Phase I: 70% HP---

"There is a reason why they say I am a blood hunter, and this is exactly why!"

--Phase II: 50% HP---

"A single blade and my shield won't be a match against you. My true title, Twin Blade of Halone is no mere name!"

--Phase III: 25% HP---

"My life.... my promise...has been held this long, and my wish to change Eorzea and my ideals as a paladin will not disappear! The corruptions in politics, and injustice has to end by my hands!"

--Phase IV: 10% HP--- **Auto-Instant Stun**

"In the end... you've made me go this far to end you... why? Why did we have to come to this....? Is it wrong for me to try to change the world to remove the wrongful injustice and corrupted powers?"

--Defeated--

"Mother...Father...Aurenn.......Fiore.....I-I am sorry....I couldn't keep my promise..."

Attacks:

-- Phase I (Anelia uses her sword and shield) --

[Auto-Attack]

[Holy Shield] - Creates a larger barrier on her shield to reduce her damage. She will constantly use shield bash every 20 seconds. The only way to stop her shield bash is to counter stun her by interrupting her. Her cast duration is 5 second. 

[Fist of Titan] - Anelia puts her sword away and pummels the ground with her fist. All members will have silence, and lowers accuracy, and damage by 80% for 20 seconds. She uses it after shield bash is used 5th time.

[Fury of Sadowyn] - A stack based debuff. The highest enmity will receive stack that will go up to 10 stacks. The higher you are, the more damage and your defense will lower down as time passes by.

[Aura of Rhalgar] - Anelia uses her sword to create bleeding effects on the highest enmity player. The higher fury of Sadowyn debuff you've received, the longer and higher damage you'll  receive from the bleeding effect. 

-- Phase II, 50% health (Anelia throws her shield and first sword away, allowing herself to equip her two unique swords) --

[Auto-Attack]

[Halone Desperado] - Multiple blade beams generated by Anelia's sword swing are shot from the ground. It causes bleeding and armor reduction effects when she uses it. 

[Zephyr Aerobreak] - Uses winds by relying on them to slash all of her enemies. She moves five times faster than the enemies by appearing behind their backs a lot.. 

-- Phase III, 25% health (Anelia throws her shield and first sword away, allowing herself to equip her two unique swords) --

[Auto-Attack]

[Eternal Endymion]  - Anelia uses her gauntlet to smash the ground again, but this time huge light burning rays blind and damage severely to all her opponents. Chances of 60 seconds of bleeding effect to all enemies. The AOE can be avoided.

[Omen Abyssion] - Her blades have turned dark with sharper edges, and she goes to a rampage by attacking everyone in the party except the one  with highest enmity. She will focus on healers first.

-- Phase IV, 10% health (Anelia uses her ultimate ability to completely wipe the party) --

[Auto-Attack]

[Althyk Chronolagia] - All members are slowed and frozen by time from Anelia's aether spell attack, and Anelia speed slashes everyone instantly killing them. 

[Great Gospel: Herald of the Twelve] - Anelia uses her aether wishes by restoring everyone's health, completely lowering her guard, unable to fight at all.

• 1 month later...

Scenario: Catch Me If You Can, 4-man trial

Southern Thanalan, Sagolii desert

Rumor has it that a thief has been slipping and sneaking into the homes of the rich and making off with--well, their riches! He or she has been traced to the desert. Apprehend the culprit and retrieve the loot!

Quotes:

"Sheesh, only eight? I must be slipping!" - At start of fight

"Just for you~!" - Just before using Mal-Bombs

"Now you see me--" - Before using Jump

"Now you FEEL me!" - After completing Jump

"I saw this going a bit differently when you showed up...!" - At 50% health, Phase II

"You'll hardly miss it!" - Just before using Thief's Prerogative

"I don't want your money--just your heart~!" - Just before using By the Purse-strings

"You sure this--dammit..." - Upon defeat

Attacks:

-- Phase I (Crooked Tarot begins with using his staff.) --

[Auto-Attack]

[Jump] (Interruptible) - A 360° AoE leap that sends Tarot up into the air and then crashing back down on those below. [1 Sec. Charge, 1 Sec to complete]

[Knee Knock] (instant) - Binds his current target for 3 seconds and inflicts Heavy for 6 seconds.

[Mal-Bombs] (cast) - creates 5 randomly placed 1 yalm AoEs within three yalms of Tarot. Anyone caught within after completion are inflicted with Silence, Blind and Poison. All status effects have a random duration of 1-10 seconds.

-- Phase II, 50% health (Tarot's staff telescopes into a lance-head.) --

[Auto-Attack]

[A Thief's Perogative] (casted, not interruptible) - A room-wide AOE that will inflict the special status 'Robbed' all party members. This status effect lasts for 30 seconds and removes all positive status effects from the party and applies them to Tarot. It also removes the party stat bonuses and applies them to Tarot until the effect wears off.

[by the Purse-strings] - Tarot selects a target with the highest total gil and inflicts Charm on them. The effect lasts for 15 seconds. After the effect ends, he will attempt to cast it on each member of the party, one at a time. The chance of success decreases by 13% with each attempt.

• 3 months later...

Scenario and setting: Coerthas, Ishgardian Cathedral. 8-man raid. barely clear at i100, easy stomp at i115+

DragoonFall:

Description: Beyond all recourse and in a desperate haze, Orrin aims to replicate the summoning process performed by Iceheart. This time it is to revive another hallowed legend from Ishgard's past in order to combat the Dravanian Horde. Haucherfant, fearing loosing a power beyond control, enlists you and your trusted allies to reign in this rogue Dragoon, even at the cost of death.

Driving Concept for the fight: 

In wanting to create some hilarious irony, the fight was designed to mimic the weaknesses of the class pre 2.45 and have them placed upon the entire party. Generally means making it a healer's nightmare as normally hardy fighters become squishy. and prone to undodgeable damage. Likewise sustained damage is made difficult and burst reigns supreme. Despite low hp Orrin's fight lasts long due to the times he is untargetable or too mobile.

Opening Cutscene:

Queue pipe organ as screen fades into a stained glass depiction of Haldrath prying the eye out of Nidhogg with his lance, zooming out and panning down to ground level, pews over turned and half covered in snow, a spotlight at the exact center where Orrin kneels, back to the camera and spear in hand,  in front of a mass of crystals and the stained glass painting. cut to a profile shot of boots of player character walking down the middle of the aisle. Cut back to front of Orrin, whole party in view as he stands up and takes his weapon in both hands, ready to fight. cut to front of Orrin extending spear towards the party with one hand before cutting to front of party where they draw their weapons, queue blurry thing that happens before the fight begins.

Quotes: "Could it be? The Azure Dragoon returns?" (Said upon pull if Dragoon is present)

"To the 7th hell with you before Ishgard's fate is decided by outsiders" (Normal pull quote)

"Halone grant me power to deliver Ishgard" (upon hitting 90%)

"Is this the power of the Azure Dragoon? Halone smiles upon -me-!" (first time channeling Dragonfire Dive) ((Not so sure about this one, since people argue whether or not dragon fire dive is a run of the mill dragoon ability or not))

"Haldrath, to thee I give my strength.." (On defeat)

Attacks: [Jump] - Orrin chooses one non main tank for high spike damage, instant no channel. Competency check as HP goes down, Orrin will trigger this ability after almost every AOE/non OHKO ability.Opens up with this ability as first move.

[Full Thrust] Orrin's "Auto attack" mimicking dragoon's 1 2 3 combo, final hit results in a frontal cleave

[skewer] - introduced at 95% Hits tank with debuff "Skewer" which makes [Disembowel] an OHKO

[impulse Drive] - Channeled attack, will follow with [Disembowel] right afterwards, [Jump] is introduced between Impulse Drive and Disembowel after 90%

[Disembowel] High tank damage, must be mitigated.

[Pentathrust] at 85% Orrin will use this move after every [Disembowel]. Orrin will stun tank and become untargetable and jump to random cardinal angles (N,S,E,W,SW,NE,NW,SE, can be same direction multiple times), before stabbing at the tank an incremental number of times depending on percentage (first time used is 1, at 75 % it is 2, 65% it is 3, until it maxes out at 5) dealing damage akin to Bahamut's Favor. after that is done a wind blast centered on the tank will shoot out in the direction opposite of the stab in order of the stabs being applied with a width of t1 laser beams (EG: if stabbed from the north side then west, wind blast shoots straight south, hitting anyone in its way then east). Speed of these blasts will be that of second heaven's fall and have no ground indicators. Jump will follow instantly after Pentathrust upon reaching 2 directions.

[Chaos Thrust] - Used at 65% Orrin will use this before [Pentathrust] from now on, applies 2 uncurable DOT's that will last the duration of [Pentathrust].  Skill is meant to punish people who eat the blasts and, as per the name, cause chaos in the dodging. Dot will drop off before jump occurs. Healers need only worry about keeping the HP of affected people high when Pentathrust starts reaching 4 and 5 thrusts, making the dot tick long enough to make the following jump a kill on DPS and healers even if they dodged Pentathrust perfectly.

[Dragonfire Dive] - Used at 50% Orrin channels for 15 seconds, harsh DPS check with variable results, less damage dealt the less injured Orrin is and thus can jump higher to come down harder in a fiery ball of death. Automatically jumps at 44%, failure at 47% or higher. AOE damage and phase change. Afterwards it appears every 2 rotations at reduced potency and failure rate. 2% must be dealt in order to mitigate it its fullest which is approx 2k damage.

[Piercing Talon] - Final mechanic and soft enrage, added after Dragonfire Dive, Orrin designates one target with marker and after a few seconds will disappear, he will toss his spear and the player will be pushed backwards. Anyone caught in the path of the spear will be impaled along with the target and launched back with the player. If player hits a wall he is pinned to the wall Orrin will leap to the pinned player, retrieve his spear, dealing an OHKO to whoever got impaled and return back to position. Anyone who is behind the targeted player will reduce knockback incurred by piercing talon and take a debuff for 10 minutes called "winded" which persists through death, making them incapable of stopping another piercing talon push back he will also take damage proportional to how close he is to the targeted player upon push, making spacing further away from the targeted player key to reducing damage. An unmitigated pushback will guarantee being impaled against a wall. A successfully deflected attack will leave the spear lodged in for one autoattack rotation before leaping to the person with the spear and pulling it out, causing spike damage, player must be stoneskinned/adlo'd. This technique shall occur until piercing talon kills the party or Orrin is defeated. 

Orrin is akin to t10 and t7 where no abilities ever disappear from the fight but only stack on top.

Upon defeat a cutscene plays, Orrin staggers and drops to one knee, propped up on his Gae Bolg for support. In desperation he cries out to the heavens and offers himself as tribute. the church rumbles and the floor collapses. plunging everyone into the darkness. Adventurer's find themselves in a cave beneath the church and will enter an instanced area akin to what is between coils. They will then unlock an instance called "Haldrath reborn" Because no Final Fantasy lets you stop the guy -before- they summon whatever ultimate power they were trying to summon. Depending on what people think I may make the part 2

I had always designed Orrin as a character who can go down two paths, one of light and one of darkness, Before the onset of 2.4 I had lacked that darker option barring destroying himself and those around him in his obsession to save Ishgard (find some artifact of immense power or something like that which.) However, with Iceheart capable of channeling a primal which wasn't really a primal till she wished it into being one  from her own will, it gave me a very clear "last resort" that Orrin would have when all other routes failed.

Scenario and Setting: Central Thanalan, the Sultantree. 4-player Trial.

Heroing Aid

Description: Little Chachan is seeking to hone the skills he learned from Ser Warren Castille and become better at "swording." Confront the little Lalafell and his baby behemoth and see just how far he's come!

The fight would consist of a couple phases that change based on his health. At regular intervals (66% and 33%) he'll disengage, become untargetable while he psyches himself up for the next round - healing a little bit in the process (marked as [second Wind] and [Third Wind], respectively) - and move on to the next phase. As the fight progresses, his attacks become faster and more dangerous, resulting in a battle of increasing intensity.

Quotes:

"W-well... h-here I come! Eyaaah!" (Introductory Line)

"Okay... okay... I got this... I can do this..." (66% Health Marker)

"Shield up, eyes open... Eeled up, shies open..." (33% Health Marker)

"Ah! Ah! Okay, okay! I yield! I yield!" (1% Marker, End of Fight Line)

Attacks:

[Rabbit Riposte] - The standard "harder-hitting" move that is weaved into his auto-attack. The eyes on his rabbit helmet flash and he disappears to attack his current aggro target from the side for increased damage. He will also do this on change of aggro targets, teleporting to his new opponent's position to strike them. After he hits 33%, the damage from this attack increases greatly.

[Little Hero Charge] - Like Ifrit's charge attack, Chachan rushes across the battlefield in a straight line, swinging wildly with his sword and damaging anyone in his path. Past the 66% flag trigger, the windup time is reduced a little and he charges twice before re-engaging with his current aggro target. After the 33% trigger, the windup time is greatly reduced, the cooldown time is reduced, and he charges three times.

[Tricksy Toss] - At random times during the fight, he'll wind up and get ready to throw his shield. This shield throw will hit the last non-pet character to have cast a healing spell, stunning them for 8 seconds. As the phases progress, he will cast it more frequently and with less windup time.

[Gran Slam] - Throughout this fight, Chachan's baby behemoth will be running around the battlefield, untargetable and undamageable. His charges are easily denounced by looking in a direction, pawing at the ground, and then charging forward. Anyone struck by the running porker will be stunned for 3 seconds.

[Gran-Standing] - At 33%, Gran will occasionally cease his charging and rapidly position himself between Chachan and his current aggro target. During this period, Chachan becomes untargetable and Gran does, with all targeting, charging abilities, and auto-attacks redirected to the baby behemoth. Should he be hit, Gran will immediately and instantly counterattack, dealing scaling damage based on the power of the attack and placing an Esuna-able bleed effect on the target.

Ideas for Harder Versions:

* Rabbit Riposte also Pacifies/Silences his target. Esuna-able.

* Tricksy Toss/Gran Slam stuns for longer.

* Gran Slam also causes bleed effect. Increase Gran run speed.

* Stacking [scrapped] debuff caused by Rabbit Riposte that increases damage taken. This debuff does not fade and must be monitored and controlled through tank switching and proper aggro control.

* Extreme Mode [Gran-Standing] - any non-auto-attack that hits Gran is countered with [Lilmagast], dealing extremely high damage to the entire party, if not wiping them immediately.

* Extreme Mode: Change to four phases, with the first three based on his mentors (possible Echos of Mentors as added spawns), with high damage final phase.

Music Selection:

fQy8ktTe5ZE

~*~

I was going for a goofy, yet interesting fight kinda along the lines of the ones you get in the Hildibrand quest-line. Good? Bad? Thoughts? :blush:

Wow, this is such a fun thread! My turn my turn!! :3

For a Chance at Love

Lichyard of Saint Adama Landama Church, Eastern Thanalan

Light Party Trial

Steel Wolf has asked you to aid her in tracking down a disturbing figure from her past...

The opening scene has Steel Wolf as the questgiver in Ul'dah. She mentions to you that someone has been roaming the Eastern Thanalan and Drybone area claiming to be her fallen husband, White Stream. She has asked you to meet her at the Lichyard of Saint Adama Landama's Church under cover of darkness to investigate his resting place.

Arriving to the Lichyard at night, your party and Steel find, indeed, a fully armored Roegadyn male walking the area of his grave. Steel approaches the figure, a hand reaching out to him to touch his face adoringly. As she does, the glamour dispels and a hooded figure with a large broadsword attacks!

Phase I: The Shard Hunter

Steel will fight alongside your party as an off-tank. The point of this fight is to ensure she survives...and to keep her in off-tank status. She will be wielding her axe and using all of her aggro-drawing abilities as she tries to take down the hooded fighter.

Shard Hunter abilities

[Auto-attack] - A standard swipe of the broadsword

[black Crescent] - The broadsword is covered in dark energies, then swung in a straight line towards Steel. If she is struck first, her aggro rises. If the MT is struck first, then Steel's aggro remains the same. Uninterruptable. 3 sec charge

[Drawing the Ire] - The Hunter engages the glamour once more and puts on the disguise of Steel's husband, which increases Steel's attack speed and attack power. DPS must outpace her while this glamour is engaged. Instant. Lasts 10 seconds.

[Cutting Out the Prize] - The Hunter readies an immense cleave of the broadsword and tries to cut Steel in two. Interruptable. 2.5 sec charge

After the Hunter is defeated, he roars in rage. His body transforms into an ichorous form and covers the weapon which hovers threateningly at your party.

Phase II: Hunter's Blade

Pure DPS check. The sword will be moving incredibly fast and dish out great deals of damage at a high rate. This phase must be burned down as fast as possible. Aggro management versus Steel is no longer priority.

Hunter's Blade abilities

[Auto-attack] - Standard swipe

[Rolling Edge] - The sword begins to spin furiously and ping-pongs around the engagement area, doing immense damage to anyone it strikes and Blinding targets struck for 3 seconds.

[Dark Wave] - The sword charges up an immense conal attack and fires off a wave of pure dark energy, doing high magic damage and leaving a DoT on the target for 6 seconds. Uninterruptable. 3 sec charge. DoT can not be cleansed.

[Pin] - The sword buries itself in to the foot of a random party member that is not the MT, rooting them in place and issuing several pulses of dark energy every second. Uninterruptable. 5 sec attack.

[Cloud of Ichor] - The energy surrounding the sword lifts and coats a large area of the room in poisonous fog. Party members standing in the fog are dealt high DoT. The sword itself clatters to the ground with a small bit of energy remaining and can take high damage at this point.

After the final blow is struck, the sword spins around and then buries itself in to Steel's shoulder. The dark power covering the blade now oozes along Steel's form, causing her to rise up and attack your party.

Phase III: Darksteel Wolf

Tank and spank affair, with high burst attacks and DoT's focused on the tank character. Healers will need to be on point.

Darksteel Wolf abilities

[Auto-attack] - Standard swipe of the axe

[shatterheart Strike] - Darksteel Wolf charges into the tank, tripping them up and then landing a devastating axe blow to the chest. Uninterruptable. 1 sec charge.

[Fury of Wolves] - Darksteel Wolf summons forth various wolves out of darkness to harass other party members. MT must herd these wolves and take them down. While Darksteel is channeling this ability, she can not be damaged.

[Desperate Flurry] (available at 70% health) - Darksteel Wolf removes the sword from her shoulder and brandishes it in her off-hand, swinging madly at the MT. Instant. Interruptable but only while the sword is being removed. Darksteel Wolf takes high damage if she is interrupted successfully.

[Tears of Black Remorse] (available at 50% health) - Steel is brought low in agony at the memories of her fallen husband brought on by the weapon. She cries out in rage and issues clouds of deadly dark energy. Spots of the room will be clear, anyone caught in the fog takes high DoT. Darksteel Wolf can not be attacked during this channel. 8 sec.

[Final Devastation] (available at 30% health) - Steel fights against the blade in her shoulder, but succumbs as the weapon pushes her in to the ground and explodes in an immense blast of dark energy. Any party member caught in this blast are killed instantly. 4 sec charge.

Quotes

"Stand before this dark fire..." Black Crescent

"Your life is mine!" Cutting Out the Prize

"Does this anger you, Sthalwilf? Hahahah..." Drawing the Ire

"Yer DONE!" Shatterheart Strike

"Pack, leave the Link; protect your mistress!" Fury of Wolves

"White Stream...my love...WHYYYY?!" Tears of Black Remorse

"Yer gonna regret facin' me, whelp!" Desperate Flurry

"Get...away....from me! NOW!!" Final Devastation

"You...will NOT OWN MY PAIN ANY MORE!!" Upon defeat, as Steel rips the weapon from her shoulder and shatters it with her axe.

Because I'm a massive dork who runs with ideas...

Scenario and Setting: Central Thanalan, the Sultantree. 8-Man Raid.

Heroing Aid (Extreme)

Description: The Little Hero and his Behemoth Buddy are back again! Take up your arms and get ready for the most heroic fight ever!

Heroing Aid EX is, like the previous version, about ramping damage throughout the course the the fight. Again, the triggers for the phases are based off his health, with included boosts to move usage and damage rates. However, new mechanics have appeared that require more effort on the part of the players, and he no longer recovers health between phase changes unless noted.

Quotes:

"A-all right, ready or not, here I come!!" (Introductory Line)

"Ser Warren... he's so strong! I wanna sword like him!" (75% Health Marker, Switch to Paladin's Arm)

"Ser Croft... nothing shakes her! Gotta be cool 'n collected!" (50% Health Marker, Switch to Paladin's Mind)

"Ms. Roen... she's helped me so much. She believes in me, so I gotta!" (25% Health Marker, Switch to Paladin's Heart)

"I can't give up! Not here! I'm gonna be a hero!" (1% Marker, Switch to Littlest Hero)

"Ouch! Wow! Yer so strong! Are you heroes, too?" (End of Fight Line)

Phases:

Phase 1 - The Wannabe (100%-75%)

The fight is the same as the normal Trial version, with the following changes:

[Rabbit Riposte EX] - The attack now applies two debuffs. The first is [shock!], which both silences and pacifies the target for 12 seconds and is Esuna-able. The second is [sunder], a non-dispellable stacking debuff that increases damage by 5% per stack that persists until success or failure of attempt.

[Little Hero Charge EX] - Anyone caught in the charge will recieve a stack of [sunder] in addition to the damage dealt.

[Tricksy Toss EX] - The length of the stun has been extended to 15 seconds, and the shield also arcs to hit the second-to-last person to cast a healing spell as well.

[Gran Slam EX] - Gran's running speed has been increased, and both stuns for 8 seconds and applies an Esuna-able bleed effect.

[Gran-Standing EX] - Any non-auto-attack done on Gran during his defensive posture will now result in [Lilmagast] being cast, wiping the raid. Auto-attacks still incur the counterattack and accompanying bleed.

Phase 2 - Paladin's Arm (75%-50%)

A ghostly image is superimposed over Chachan of his Free Paladin mentor, Warren Castille. He moves along with the Lalafell and strikes when he strikes, adding increased damage to all his attacks and reducing windup times akin to NM 66%. He gains a non-dispellable buff called "Paladin's Arm" that denotes this bonus. Additional changes are as follows:

[Little Hero Charge EX] - The straight path is replaced with a memorize-able zigzag pattern.

Phase 3 - Paladin's Mind (50%-25%)

The ghostly image of Warren is replaced with an image of the Sultansworn Coatleque Crofte. She maintains a stern demeanour and floats effortlessly above him. "Paladin's Arm" is replaced with a new buff called "Paladin's Mind," which denotes a defense increase along with a small percentage of the attack damage being reflected back akin to the elemental Spike spells. No change to windup times, but cooldown times are lowered. Additional changes are as follows:

[Little Hero Charge EX] - Chachan now charges twice, the second being a mirrored pattern of the first, leaving memorize-able openings.

Phase 4 - Paladin's Heart (25%-1%)

The third and final image is that of Roen Deneith, the "Free-Sworn." She trails along behind the Lalafell with fingertips aglow with aether. "Paladin's Mind" is replaced with "Paladin's Heart," which is a defense boost without the spikes effect and a regen. Both windup times and cooldown times are improved, making this akin to NM sub-33%. Addtional changes are as follows:

[Little Hero Charge EX] - Chachan now charges three times, with the third charge being a shorter wavelength with smaller safe zones.

[Avengeance EX] - Chachanji's chocobo - Avenger - joins the fray, running around much like Gran causing stuns and bleeds but does not Gran-Stand. Occasionally, he will stop and attempt to cast Choco Cure on the Lalafel to recover his HP. This can be interrupted.

Final Phase - Littlest Hero (Transition at 1%)

Chachanji gains all three previous buffs, as well as recovery to half health. Attack power, windup times, and cooldown times are all improved. Additional changes are as follows:

[Littlest Hero Charge EX] - Chachan's charge now hits the entire field and must be mitigated instead of dodged. The increased cooldown time is greater on Littlest Hero Charge than the other moves, meaning an unofficial time limit to down the Lalafell before the stacks of [sunder] are too much to heal through.

~*~

So... uh... yeah. :blush:

I've not run any Extremes beyond Garuda (unsuccessfully) and Ultima HM... so I have no idea how balanced this is. I am of the mind to reduce Lilmagast's damage to just be horrifyingly high instead of straight fatal, though.

I would love to create one of these. Unfortunately, Vaughn is a pushover so it wouldn't work very well >_>;

What about having waves of admirers to fend off? Tiers to reach... something...

Hmm, perhaps, though Vaughn doesn't have many admirers aside from NPCs from the past. Who are dead. Or hate him now. It would most likely be a rescue mission because Blondie did something stupid.

Again.

:love:

Scenario: Backdraft (Hard), 8 Party Members Only

Osric Melkire has gone rogue. The sergeant was last seen at the outer gates of Halatali, where he left behind half a dozen wounded men and women, Brass Blades all. Reports indicate that Melkire has an intimate history with those caverns, one that goes beyond the usual familiarity of pugilists with their forming training grounds. Fafajoni has requested your assistance, asking that you delve into the depths of the labyrinth after the man to learn more... and to bring him back in shackles, if possible.

Phase 1 - (100%-66%)

Melkire: "So they sent someone after all. I have my reasons, adventurers. Leave me be."

[Auto-Attack] Standard pugilist animation.

[Throwing Knife] Ranged attack, Instant. Targets a party member low on the aggro list at random. Deals damage and applies Heavy (duration: 5 seconds).

[shoulder Tackle] Instant. Melkire closes the distance with a random target chosen from those outside of a 10 yalm radius, interrupting casts/channels and stunning the target for 2 seconds. Will always be followed up by either [Howling Fist] or [beatdown].

[Howling Fist] 2 second channel, can interrupted by a silence. Target is dealt damage, knocked back 15 yalms, and silenced for 20 seconds. Not necessarily preceded by [shoulder Tackle].

[beatdown] 1 second channel, can be interrupted by a stun. Melkire unleashes a barrage of strikes and blows. Target is dealt 25% of their max HP as damage and stunned for 5 seconds. Not necessarily preceded by [shoulder Tackle].

[Gaining An Edge] 5 second channel, cannot be interrupted. Melkire will channel this ability upon reaching 66%. Upon completion, the fight transitions into Phase 2. Animation is of Melkire drawing a pair of Flame Sergeant's Knives.

Phase 2 - (66%-33%)

Melkire: "Ruttin' dogs. Always coin with you. Fine! If it's a fight you want...."

In this phase, Melkire ignores the aggro table and instead fixates on one party member at a time. After every ten auto-attacks, Melkire will transition to the next nearest party member. 

[Auto-Attack] Melkire's auto-attacks now cleave. Standard rogue animation.

[Throwing Knives] Ranged attack, Instant. Targets the fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth party member on the aggro list. Deals damage and applies Heavy (duration: 5 seconds).

[Rock Breaker] 5 second channel, cannot be interrupted. Melkire strikes the stone beneath him five times in rapid succession, once per second, dealing AoE damage to those within a 10 yalm radius. The final strike knocks back all targets within range by 15 yalms.

[shoulder Tackle] Instant. Melkire closes the distance with a random target chosen from those outside of a 10 yalm radius, interrupting casts/channels and stunning the target for 2 seconds. Will always be followed up by either [Howling Fist] or [Work Over].

[Howling Fist] 2 second cast, channel can be interrupted by a silence. Target is dealt damage, knocked back 15 yalms, and silenced for 20 seconds. Not necessarily preceded by [shoulder Tackle].

[Work Over] 2 second cast, channel can be interrupted by a stun. Melkire unleashes a whirlwind of steel. Target is dealt 50% of their max HP as damage and stunned for 10 seconds. Not necessarily preceded by [shoulder Tackle].

[Venom of Volkov] 5 second cast, cannot be interrupted. Melkire will channel this ability upon reaching 33%. Upon completion, the fight transitions into Phase 3. Animation is of Melkire uncorking a glass vial, coating his knives with the contents, and dashing the vial to the ground.

Phase 3 - (33%-0%)

Melkire:"You don't know, do you?! You don't know what they've done here! What they're STILL doin' here! Came t'pray for the souls what passed on, and what do I find? Slavers! MONETARIST SCUM!"

In this phase, Melkire ignores the aggro table and instead fixates on one party member at a time. After every five auto-attacks, Melkire will transition to the next nearest party member. 

[Auto-Attack] Melkire's auto-attacks now cleave and apply Concoction (40 potency, 18 second duration). Concoction does not stack and does not refresh. Concoction cannot be cleansed, and can only be reapplied once the previous application falls off. Standard rogue animation.

[Rain of Steel] Ranged attack, Instant. Targets all party members but the first on the aggro list. Deals damage, applies Bind (duration: 5 seconds) and Concoction.

[bring Down the Mountain] 10 second channel, cannot be interrupted. Melkire strikes the stone beneath him ten times in rapid succession, once per second, dealing global AoE damage. The final strike knocks back all targets by 15 yalms and applies Bind for 5 seconds.

[Good Hunting] Instant. Will randomly follow either [Rain of Steel] or [bring Down the Mountain]. A random target is chosen from those outside of a 10 yalm radius and tethered for 10 seconds. Tethered target is afflicted by Heavy. Tether cannot be broken, but may be passed to another party member. Melkire will run towards the tethered target; upon reaching them, the target's is dealt 9999 damage unmitigated.

[Demon Within] 3 second cast, channel can be interrupted by a stun. Target is dealt 75% of their max HP as damage and stunned for 15 seconds.

[Venom of Volkov] 5 second cast, cannot be interrupted. Melkire will channel this ability upon reaching 33%. Upon completion, the fight transitions into Phase 3. Animation is of Melkire uncorking a glass vial, coating his knives with the contents, and dashing the vial to the ground.

<3

Since I'm also a dork, let's make an Extreme hot fix for mine, too. I apparently never did that.

Kanah Iono:

Kanah remains mostly the same from Hard Mode, but she has some new tricks now.

[REALLY Bad Pun] As an enrage mechanic, Kanah makes a pun so terrible that everyone would prefer to drop dead before she even says it.

[Thunder II-All] Raid wide lightning attack that she uses about every 30 seconds.

[Thunderbolt] Anytime during Zap Tap, Kanah will choose any random player every 50 seconds Zap Tap is up and severely reduce their Lightning Resistance, which goes away if the player gets the last blow on one of her wards.

[False Thunder] Immediately after Zap Tap, Kanah will use Mega Thunder which deals 0 damage if you do not have her Thunder Resistance Down debuff. Anyone with it will die instantly.

Her wards now have increased HP, and spawns five.

"Hey, prepare -- why are you all dead?!" After using REALLY Bad Pun.

Grace Iono:

Grace has more traps! Setting off the traps, however, increases the damage Grace takes and the damage she deals. She can also give players Dizziness, making them able to hit allies with friendly fire and constantly do a circular AoE around them every other second. All Dizziness lasts for seven seconds. The trick is to inflict traps that minimize raid damage to make Grace faster to defeat.

[Weakening Shot] Raid wide attack that simply puts a Vulnerability Up every minute and 30 seconds the fight lasts.

[Roulette Shot] Grace tests her luck by targeting the offtank and shooting once at them. This can either be an esuna-ble pacification for seven seconds, large amounts of damage, or Dizziness. 

[Concussive Shot] Inflicts a DPS with Dizziness.

[Fake Charm] Inflicts the furthest away player with Charm, slowly bringing the player closer to Grace for five seconds. Right after that, the player is inflicted with Dizziness.

[Confusing Trap] Traps that inflict Dizziness if set off.

[Trick Trap] Inflicts Dizziness to the player CLOSEST to the player that set off the trap.

Oscare Iono:

Remains the same from HM, except he also has Weakening Shot and does a hell of a lot more damage.

All of the yissss!

Quest Name: Too Far Gone, or Gone Too Far?

4-man Dungeon - "Scars of Gyr Abania"

Twenty years have passed since the fall of Ala Mhigo to the Garleans and the fallen city-state's refugees will wait no longer for the Eorzean Alliance to aid their cause. Sounsyy Mirke, former Maelstrom Captain and instigator of this rebellion has illegally commandeered a Lominsan Warship to the Gyr Abania region with the help of her Levy. Ala Mhigan refugees across Eorzea have answered the Captain's call, disturbing the peace in the Alliance city-states. In the interest of preventing further rioting in Ul'dah, the Syndicate has commissioned a small contingent of adventurers to quiet the rebellion before it brings war to the Garleans and its fellow Eorzeans. The Captain has gone too far, lay her to rest with her brethren.

First Boss: Revenant of Nathaniel

The Scarred Climb is sealed off! The ghost of Mirke's childhood lover rises from the twenty-year old battlefield.

Revenant of Nathaniel - Lancer class, moderate HP, high attack speed.

Nathaniel Attacks:

[Agonized Howl] - Instant Cast. Uses at 80, 60, 40, and 20% HP. Increases attack power by 25% and duration of Charmed debuff by 2.5 seconds per stack. Can stack up to 8 times.

[beckon] - Instant Cast. Four revenants appear around the arena and converge on a single, random party member. This player becomes Charmed for 5 seconds and attack power is increased.

[Persistence] - 2.5s Cast Time. Revenant of Nathaniel will drain a portion of his target's HP and add it to his own. He will attempt to do this after every other Agonized Howl. If the HP drained restores him to 81, 61, 41, or 21% HP or higher, he will cast an additional Agonized Howl when his HP returns to 80, 60, 40, or 20% HP. Can be stunned or silenced.

At 0% HP: "I...cannot...rest...now..."

Second Boss: P'welro Rela, 8th Levy Cannoneer x4(8), 8th Levy Loyals x12(8)

The Levy's Hold is now sealed off! Sounsyy's former Levy blocks your path.

P'welro Rela - Musketeer class, low HP, high attack power.

Phase 1 - Battle starts with P'welro Rela and 8th Levy Cannoneer x4. When P'welro is aggro'd, the four Cannoneers run to a line of cannons at the back of the hallway like arena. Every 10 seconds, 3 of the 4 cannoneers will fire their cannons in a straight line AoE down the arena. (Hint: The one cannoneer who won't fire is the one P'welro is in front of!) A Player caught in this AoE will sustain heavy damage, knock back, and suffer a short stun duration. This attack can be Line of Sighted by hiding behind another Party Member.

"Ye'll not take our Cap'n!"

P'welro Attacks:

[sticky Situation] - Instant Cast. P'welro repels away from target, binding all Party Members within a 5 yalm radius of that target. P'welro will use this attack every 30 seconds and always just before cannon AoEs go out.

[Crack Shot] - Instant Cast. Immediately follows every Sticky Situation. P'welro snipes the Party Member with highest Enmity, removing their Bind effect.

Phase 2 - Begins when P'welro's HP reaches 65%. Four adds will spawn. If the 4x Cannoneers are already dead by Phase 2, these first four adds will also be Cannoneers to replace them. If the original Cannoneers are still alive by Phase 2, this first set of adds will be 4x 8th Levy Loyals. Additional 8th Levy Loyals will spawn in sets of 4 at 45% and 25% HP.

"Let's not let our Cap'n down!"

P'welro Attacks:

[sticky Situation] - Instant Cast. P'welro repels away from target, binding all Party Members within a 5 yalm radius of that target. P'welro will use this attack every 30 seconds and always just before cannon AoEs go out.

[Crack Shot] - Instant Cast. Immediately follows every Sticky Situation. P'welro snipes the Party Member with highest Enmity, removing their Bind effect.

[Riddle Me This] - P'welro pulls out a second musket and rapid fires twelve shots in a frontal cone. Damage is split between all Party Members hit. Cannot be interrupted.

At 0% HP: "Cap'n...run!"

Final Boss: Sounsyy Mirke, Ciertette Cambre

The Broken Watchtower is sealed off! Face the consequences of your actions, as Sounsyy must.

Sounsyy Mirke - Gladiator class, high HP, high block rate, low attack speed.

Ceirtette Cambre - Lancer class, moderate HP, moderate defense and attack power.

Opening Cutscene: "When we pleaded fer soldiers to help us retake Ala Mhigo, none came! Now yer blissful ignorance is disturbed, you waste not a moment!" -Sounsyy

Phase 1 - Battle starts against Sounsyy alone. During Phase 1, Sounsyy will only attack the Party Member with the lowest Enmity above 0.

Sounsyy Attacks:

[Griffin Strike] - Instant Cast. Strikes with her shield at a target character's legs, inflicting a potent slow debuff which cannot be dispelled.

[Guided Sting] - Instant Cast. Sounsyy stabs with her shortsword, dealing a critical hit! Awareness buff causes this attack to miss.

Phase 2 - Begins at 85%. Ceirtette Cambre joins the fray! Sounsyy will continue attacking the lowest Enmity Party Member, while Ceirtette will attack the Player with the highest Enmity against Sounsyy.

"We survived this field before! I won't let you die here now!" -Ceirtette

Ceirtette Attacks:

[Wearied Prod] - Instant Cast. Ceirtette unleashes a two-fold attack on her target.

[All To Blame] - 5s Cast Time. Deals an attack equal to the total HP of her target. Damage is split between all Party Members who stand between Ceirtette and the targeted Party Member.

[stand Trial] - Instant Cast. Ceirtette impales a random Party Member with her spear and lifts him/her from the ground. The impaled Player is immobilized and inflicted with a DoT lasting as long as impaled. This effect lasts until the Party Member dies or 1500 damage is dealt to Ceirtette.

Sounsyy Attacks:

[Griffin Strike] - Instant Cast. Strikes with her shield at a target character's legs, inflicting a potent slow debuff which cannot be dispelled.

[Guided Sting] - Instant Cast. Sounsyy stabs with her shortsword, dealing a critical hit! Awareness buff causes this attack to miss.

[summary Execution] - 10s Cast Time. Sounsyy begins casting the moment a player is impaled by Ceirtette's Stand Trial. If the impaled Party Member is not released by the end of Summary Execution's cast, Sounsyy will slash their throat, dealing damage equal to 90% of that Player's total HP.

"Bravely we lay down our lives for our nation! Will you?" -Ceirtette, using Stand Trial.

Phase 3 - Begins at 40% HP. Sounsyy continues to attack the Party Member with lowest Enmity while Ceirtette continues to attack the Party Member with the highest Enmity against Sounsyy. Ceirtette, if still alive, will begin gaining stacks of Hope of a Nation every 10 seconds. If Ceirtette is defeated, Sounsyy will begin gaining stacks of Grief of a Nation every 10 seconds. If Ceirtette is defeated prior to Phase 3, Sounsyy will gain 8 stacks of Grief of a Nation when her HP reaches 40%.

"The dream of a reborn Ala Mhigo will not die here!" -Ceirtette, using Hope of a Nation.

"You stood idly by and watched my people suffer! I'll not be so idle as I watch yer suffering!" -Sounsyy, using Grief of a Nation.

Ceirtette Attacks:

[Wearied Prod] - Instant Cast. Ceirtette unleashes a two-fold attack on her target.

[All To Blame] - 5s Cast Time. Deals an attack equal to the total HP of her target. Damage is split between all Party Members who stand between Ceirtette and the targeted Party Member.

[Hope of a Nation] - Each stack greatly increases Ceirtette's attack speed and physical defense.

[Accountability] - Instant Cast. Unleashes a devastating attack against her target. Additional damage is inflicted per successful Summary Execution during Phase 2.

Sounsyy Attacks:

[Grief of a Nation] - Each stack greatly increases Sounsyy determination and magic defense. Stacks only begin accruing upon Ceirtette's death.

[blood in the Water] - Instant Cast. Sounsyy madly hacks with her blade, delivering a three-fold attack to the Party Member with the lowest numerical HP. (Either from damage or lowest Base HP if all Party Members are capped.)

End Cutscene: "What hope did we have... alone?" /death

EDIT: Added Boss Fight Music for Sounsyy! Yar!

Because it needed an Extreme mode.

Scenario: Backdraft (Extreme), 8 Party Members Only

Osric Melkire has escaped further into Halatali. Rumor has it that the sergeant is now accompanied by three others of his ilk, Flames who have disobeyed orders and taken the burden upon themselves to mete out justice. The tattered remnants of whatever slave ring now operates in the depths have been making their way to the surface, where the shaken criminals are taken into custody and the malnourished victims given succor. Fafajoni has assured you that his superiors will see to it that the corruption in Halatali is routed out... but for now, the vigilantes must be stopped.

Phase 1 - (100%-66%)

Melkire: "You again? I ain't leavin' 'til the job's done. Damn them to the seven hells!"

In this phase, Melkire ignores the aggro table and instead fixates on one party member at a time. After every ten auto-attacks, Melkire will transition to the next nearest party member.

[Auto-Attack] Melkire's auto-attacks now cleave. Standard rogue animation.

[Throwing Knives] Ranged attack, Instant. Targets the fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth party member on the aggro list. Deals damage and applies Heavy (duration: 5 seconds).

[Rock Breaker] 5 second channel, cannot be interrupted. Melkire strikes the stone beneath him five times in rapid succession, once per second, dealing AoE damage to those within a 10 yalm radius. The final strike knocks back all targets within range by 15 yalms.

[shoulder Tackle] Instant. Melkire closes the distance with a random target chosen from those outside of a 10 yalm radius, interrupting casts/channels and stunning the target for 2 seconds. Will always be followed up by either

[Howling Fist] or [Work Over].

[Howling Fist] 2 second cast, channel can be interrupted by a silence. Target is dealt damage, knocked back 15 yalms, and silenced for 20 seconds. Not necessarily preceded by [shoulder Tackle].

[Work Over] 2 second cast, channel can be interrupted by a stun. Melkire unleashes a whirlwind of steel. Target is dealt 50% of their max HP as damage and stunned for 10 seconds. Not necessarily preceded by [shoulder Tackle].

Phase 2 - (66%)

Melkire: "Thal take you all... Gregson, Lancaster!"

Gregson the Strategist: "On it, ser."

Lancaster the Muscle: "Good as dead."

Upon reaching 66%, Melkire will jump out, retreating into the shadows. Gregson the Strategist and Lancaster the Muscle will appear. Gregson the Strategist circles around the outer edge of the arena and fixates on whoever is at the top of Lancaster the Muscle's aggro list. Lancaster the Muscle fixates on whoever is at the top of Gregson the Strategist's aggro list. Once one of them has been downed, the other will fixate on the top of their own aggro list. Phase lasts until both enemies have been defeated.

Gregson the Strategist

[Auto-Attack] Standard archer animation.

[Heavy Shot] Instant. Deals 25% of fixated target's max HP.

[Aim: Leg] Instant. Deals damage and applies Bind (duration: 10 seconds) to randomly selected target.

[Aim: Arm] Instant. Deals damage to randomly selected target. Target cannot cast weaponskills for 10 seconds.

[smoke Bomb] Instant. Randomly selected target is afflicted by Blind and Silence for 10 seconds.

[Caltrops] Instant. Drops three sets of caltrops behind Gregson the Strategist as he moves. Party members inside the AoE of any of these circles are Leadened.

Lancaster the Muscle

[Auto-Attack] Each auto-attack applies/refreshes Fracture. Standard marauder animation.

[Overwhelm] 1 second channel, can be interrupted by a stun. AoE cone. Deals

damage and applies Fracture to all damaged party members.

[Holmgang] Instant. Binds both caster and randomly selected target and draws target in (duration: 6 seconds).

[Raging Tempest] 3 second channel, can be interrupted by a stun. Deals massive AoE damage to all party members within a 5 yalm radius.

Melkire

[Venom of Volkov] 5 second cast, cannot be interrupted. Melkire will reappear and channel this ability once Gregson the Strategist and Lancaster the Muscle have been downed. Upon completion, the fight transitions into Phase 3. Animation is of Melkire uncorking a glass vial, coating his knives with the contents, and dashing the vial to the ground.

Phase 3 - (66%-33%)

Melkire: "How does it feel, bastards, knowin' you're raising steel for the corrupt, takin' their coin and condemnin' the innocent? How does it feel?!"

In this phase, Melkire ignores the aggro table and instead fixates on one party member at a time. After every five auto-attacks, Melkire will transition to the next nearest party member.

[Auto-Attack] Melkire's auto-attacks now cleave and apply Concoction (40 potency, 18 second duration). Concoction does not stack and does not refresh. Concoction cannot be cleansed, and can only be reapplied once the previous application falls off. Standard rogue animation.

[Rain of Steel] Ranged attack, Instant. Targets all party members but the first on the aggro list. Deals damage, applies Bind (duration: 5 seconds) and Concoction.

[bring Down the Mountain] 10 second channel, cannot be interrupted. Melkire strikes the stone beneath him ten times in rapid succession, once per second, dealing global AoE damage. The final strike knocks back all targets by 15 yalms and applies Bind for 5 seconds.

[Good Hunting] Instant. Will randomly follow either [Rain of Steel] or [bring Down the Mountain]. A random target is chosen from those outside of a 10 yalm radius and tethered for 10 seconds. Tethered target is afflicted by Heavy. Tether cannot be broken, but may be passed to another party member. Melkire will run towards the tethered target; upon reaching them, the target's is dealt 9999 damage unmitigated.

[Demon Within] 3 second cast, channel can be interrupted by a stun. Target is dealt 75% of their max HP as damage and stunned for 15 seconds.

Phase 4 - (33%)

???: "No! You cannot have them!"

Upon reaching 33%, Melkire will fall to his knees and a wall of Protection will go up around him, rendering him invulnerable for the duration of this phase. A blue-white flash of conjury will illuminate the field, and Kokojo the Conflicted will appear, along with a revived Gregson the Strategist and Lancaster the Muscle. Gregson and Lancaster behave just as they did before in Phase 2. Phase 4 ends after 240 seconds or when Kokojo, Gregson, and Lancaster are all defeated. If Kokojo falls before Gregson or Lancaster, the remaining enemies will be enraged, dealing twice as much damage with all auto-attacks and skills as they did before.

Kokojo the Conflicted

[Auto-Attack] Standard gladiator animation.

[shield Bash] Instant. Deals damage and stuns the target for 6 seconds.

[Flash] Instant. Blinds all nearby party members for 12 seconds.

[Cover] Instant. Takes all physical damage for target. Can only be used when target is closer than 10 yalms.

[Cure] 2 second cast, can be interrupted by a stun or a silence. Restores target's HP.

[stoneskin] 3 second cast, can be interrupted by a stun or a silence. Creates a barrier around target that absorbs damage totaling 18% of the target's maximum HP.

[Fira] 5 second cast, cannot be interrupted. Randomly selected target is dealt 5000 damage unmitigated. Damage is split between party members within a two-yalm radius.  

Phase 5 - (33%-0%)

Melkire: "Enough is enough."

Once the 240 seconds of Phase 4 transpire (or when Kokojo, Gregson, and Lancaster are all defeated), the fight transitions into Phase 5, the wall of Protection falls, and Melkire rejoins the fight alongside his allies.

In this phase, Melkire ignores the aggro table and instead fixates on one party member at a time. After every five auto-attacks, Melkire will transition to the next nearest party member.

[Auto-Attack] Melkire's auto-attacks now cleave and apply Concoction (40 potency, 18 second duration). Concoction does not stack and does not refresh. Concoction cannot be cleansed, and can only be reapplied once the previous application falls off. Standard rogue animation.

[Rain of Steel] Ranged attack, Instant. Targets all party members but the first on the aggro list. Deals damage, applies Bind (duration: 5 seconds) and Concoction.

[bring Down the Mountain] 10 second channel, cannot be interrupted. Melkire strikes the stone beneath him ten times in rapid succession, once per second, dealing global AoE damage. The final strike knocks back all targets by 15 yalms and applies Bind for 5 seconds.

[Good Hunting] Instant. Will randomly follow either [Rain of Steel] or [bring Down the Mountain]. A random target is chosen from those outside of a 10 yalm radius and tethered for 10 seconds. Tethered target is afflicted by Heavy. Tether cannot be broken, but may be passed to another party member. Melkire will run towards the tethered target; upon reaching them, the target's is dealt 9999 damage unmitigated.

[Demon Within] 3 second cast, channel can be interrupted by a stun. Target is dealt 75% of their max HP as damage and stunned for 15 seconds.

[Mergrey's Munitions] Melkire: "I borrowed these from a friend of mine. Have a taste, eh?" Instant. 6 large AoEs appear at random locations throughout the arena. 1 seconds later, any party member inside is dealt 33% of their current HP. Then 12 small AoEs appear at random locations throughout the arena. 0.5 seconds later, any party member inside is dealt 66% of their current HP. 

Some of these are really nice reads. It's a pleasure to hear everyone's thoughts on it. Made me want to write my own, so here I go!

Trial - Throne of Chaos

Description

Her brutal and sadistic attacks on would-be defenders of the realm catching the attention of the Crystal Braves, Ludivine Goultard has been marked for capture. Leading you through the Amaal'ja heartlands, through the scorching desert plains and legions of the beastmen, the Elezen seems to be ready to stand and fight. This ruined citadel was probably chosen as a battleground for more than its historical interest, though...

Phase 1

Ludivine: "Why do you even fight? This world is boring; it's not worth protecting...and now you're going to die for it."

During this phase Ludivine is untargetable, instead she summons three sand giants

Sand giant abilities:

[sinkhole] - If a sand giant gets too close to another sand giant, a large area beneath them becomes quicksand, providing a debuff where anyone in the quicksand is heavily slowed and die if they remain in the sand for ten seconds without moving out. If all three sand giants are together, the debuff and area affected becomes much stronger and larger.

[Ground pound] - Punching the ground in short to long intervals, each giant does low AoE damage to a small area around them, with a heavy knockback. The time each giant uses this ability is random.

[Wail of the sands] - Shouting in a loud wail, each giant causes the sands to ripple and the screen to distort slightly in a brief sandstorm. Causes light damage and applies a raid-wide ministun and one second silence. The time each giant uses this ability is random.

Each sand giant has high HP and does medium damage in auto-attacks.

Ludivine: "Don't you get it? This world yearns for chaos. Why do you think the calamity happened?" - When the first giant is defeated.

Phase 2

Ludivine: "This is all a pointless struggle. So naive...you think you have the right to decide how this world should be?!"

During this phase, stacks of Fatigue build up on the party over time, which cannot be cleansed. Fatigue reduces all attributes by 5% per stack. The screen starts to distort at five stacks.

[Crippling blows] - Ludivine knows how to hurt in the most efficient ways possible. This is a three-hit attack which deals medium damage, and places five unstacked DoTs of crippled body on the main tank. These can be purged, and deal heavy damage if not quickly removed.

[

This is 100% Warren's idea, but I'm totally and shamelessly running with it for fun! Introducing...

THE LORE TRIAL (HM)

:8-man Trial:

So you think you've read all of the quest text line by line? You wish Sharlayan was a starter city-state? You yell at your character every time they fall asleep while listening to Erik talk about interesting lore things?? Are you a Scholarly type and NOT the kind with a fairy??? Then step forward young lore enthusiast and meet your maker - the LORE MAKER!

Opening Cutscene: The Full Party enters into the Great Library. At the center of an atrium-like room, covered floor to ceiling in books both on the shelves and off, stands the figure of Sounsyy Mirke, holding a massive tome in her hands. She is dressed in real world attire and turns to face the party when they enter. She has a puzzled expression on her face, "What? Were you expecting Anonymoose?"

Phase 1 - Sounsyy stands on a raised platform in the center of the library, surrounded by books. She is targetable, but no actions can be performed on her, similar to an NPC. Periodically throughout the fight, she will pick up a random book from the pile around her, flick through the pages, and replace it. The walk-able area of the arena is shaped like a donut around this centered raised stage. Players will have to walk around the circle to reach the other side. The first questions in this quiz have no time limit, and can be answered by any Party Member by simply attacking the floating Grimoire corresponding to the correct answer. Targetable Floating Grimoires will appear 1 second after Sounsyy asks her question. You will have 15 seconds after answering each question before Sounsyy asks her next question.

-If a question is answered correctly, all Party Members gain a stack of Attention to Detail, which acts like a 5% Echo Buff with each stack.

-If a question is answered incorrectly, all Party Members gain a stack of Remedial Study, which acts like a 5% Weakness Debuff with each stack.

Sounsyy Mirke: "I'll start off easy on you! Answer me these questions three!"

Question 1: Minfilia, the Antecedent of the Scions of the Seventh Dawn, is of what descent?

A: Garlean

B: Ala Mhigan

C: Ul'dahn

D: Sharlayan

Question 2: Gil is made from what metal?

A: Bronze

B: Gil

C: Copper

D: Wootz

Question 3: The bronze statue in the main plaza of Vesper Bay is said to closely resemble which well-known Lalafell when viewed from afar?

A: Papashan

B: Lolorito

C: Sasabaru

D: Denmo

Phase 2 - True or False! Two Grimoires will appear on either side of the arena, to the East and West of Sounsyy. These Grimoires, like those in Phase 1, will appear 1 second after Sounsyy asks her question, however, in Phase 2, these Grimoires will begin counting down from 10 seconds. If a Floating Grimoire is not attacked by the time the counter reaches 0, the Grimoire containing the correct answer will explode, killing all Party Members within a 15 yalm radius of it. The surviving players will also gain another stack of Remedial Study. In addition to this, incorrectly answering one of these questions will trigger an annoying mechanic to deal with before the next question.

Sounsyy Mirke: "Do I speak the truth or did I let the facts slip my mind?"

Question 4: The Sanctum of the Twelve was built during the Age of Endless Frost - a dark period in which the realm was overrun with famine and disease.

A: True

B: False

If answered incorrectly: Iced! All Party Members are frozen for 20 seconds. Leaving only 6 seconds to answer the next question.

Question 5: The Olgoi-Khorkhoi is a beast so terrible, the huntresses of the U tribe believe that merely uttering its name will bring ill fortune upon your kin.

If answered incorrectly: Adds! Lots of adds! Better kill them before next question gets asked!

Question 6: Bahamut, Odin, and Belias are considered Elder Primals.

If answered incorrectly: Bad Breath! All Party Members will instant cast Bad Breath in a frontal cone. Those hit by Bad Breath will be afflicted for 20 seconds and cannot be dispelled. Gonna make Phase 3, very difficult.

Phase 3 - Blitz mode! Four Apkallu Minions named "Teacher's Pet" will appear at the four Cardinal Directions about the arena and each ask a different question. Three Floating Grimoires will appear before each Teacher's Pet 1 second after it asks its question. Players will have 10 seconds to answer all four questions. At the end of 10 seconds, Raid-wide damage will be dealt based on the number of incorrect answers. If all questions are answered correctly in the allotted time, no damage will be dealt and the Party will enter Phase 4. Two or more questions answered incorrectly or not at all will result in a wipe. Additionally, if the Party has four or more stacks of Remedial Study prior to Phase 3, a single incorrect answer during the Blitz phase will wipe the Party.

Sounsyy Mirke: "Work quickly! You haven't got all Astral Era now!"

Teacher's Pet N: The Five Ages - An Eorzean Chronology was written by whom and in what year?

A: Guillaurmand de Padellaint, Year 1452 6th Astral Era

B: Lewphon of Sharlayan, Year 233 6th Astral Era

C: Mezaya Thousand Eyes, Year 572 6th Astral Era

Teacher's Pet S: According to the many legends of Rycharde Mistbeard, the Dreadpirate made off with what items during the former sultan's wedding ceremony?

A: 55 pure-black chocobo skins, 200 gold ingots, a 10-ponze Meracydian diamond

B: Coins minted in the Allagan Empire, the sultan's prized aquarium, 150 wootz ingots

C: The crown jewels of Sil'dih, a 10-ponze Meracydian sapphire, several ships from the port of Ul'dah

Teacher's Pet E: The Autumn War began in the Year 1468, when Ala Mhigan forces invaded the Black Shroud by crossing what body of water?

A: The East Hathoeva River

B: The Rothlyt Sound

C: The Velodyna River

Teacher's Pet W: The following quote was said by which Lominsan Admiral? "No man may tread on me, for I am the sea."

A: Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn

B: Geisswaen

C: N'bolata Tyata

Phase 4: All or Nothing! Making a mistake in this round will be costly! In addition to being afflicted with Remedial Study, answering a question incorrectly will activate a high damaging mechanic that may or may not wipe the party depending on Party Member's reaction time. Four Floating Grimoires bearing the final questions' answer choices will now appear either at the base of Sounsyy's stage in the four cardinal directions or around the outside of the arena at the four cardinal directions. These Grimoires, will also have a 10 second counter on them. And in addition, will now be randomly color coated Red, Green, or Blue. A Blue Grimoire can only be attacked by a tank, a Green by a healer, and Red by a DPS.

Sounsyy Mirke: "Well, you've come this far, don't get a brain freeze now!"

Question 11: What is the name of F'lhaminn's deceased lover?

A: Corguvais

B: Niellfresne

C: Greinfarr

D: Warburton

If answered incorrectly: Twisters x4! Four random Party Members will deploy Twintania's Twisters beneath them. Hope you know T5 mechanics!

Question 12: Which of the following is the title of the first chapter in the tale of Llymlaen's Ascent?

A: Llymlaen's Bearing

B: Llymlaen's Oath

C: Llymlaen's Trial

D: Llymlaen's Folly

If answered incorrectly: Meteor Stream x6! 6 random Party Members will be targeted by Nael's Meteor Streams. Only these will hurt a lot more. Best not be stacking!

Question 13: Brontes is one of a pair of Cyclops captured several years ago on Vylbrand by the Adventurers' Guild and subsequently separated from its partner. What is the name of the other Cyclops?

A: Coincounter

B: Pyracmon

C: Steropes

D: Arges

If answered incorrectly: Teraflare! My advice, don't get question 13 wrong.

Question 14: Saint Moergynn is famous for what achievement?

A: Forging the Edgeless Blade.

B: Slaying the Basilisk.

C: Proving the existence of the Allagan Empire.

D: Defeating the Ascians during the Sixth Umbral Era.

If answered incorrectly: Lore Bombs! Think if Titan EX and third Heavensfall had a Bomb dropping baby... Yeah... Lots of bombs dropping very quickly.

Grading Time! Sounsyy Mirke begins tallying the Party's stacks of Remedial Study. If 6 stacks of Remedial Study or greater have been accumulated, a giant Ahriman will descend from the top of the Atrium and cast Gaze of Fernehalwes, wiping the Party. If the Party has accrued 8 stacks of Attention to Detail or greater, a cutscene will trigger, depicting Fernehalwes descending from the atrium and bestowing his divine lore knowledge upon the party.

"Viangaa was an April Fool's joke!" -Fernehalwes

/end fight. Send me a PM if you wanna know how you did! ^^ I can't really time you or stop you from cheating though. LOL.

Extreme Mode anyone?? =D