Turn your character into an instance!

Trial (Hard Mode)

The Sage, the Kell and the Sinner

8 man trial

Requires : Level 50

Story :

An ancient library containing secrets of magics untold has been discovered by an adventurer, who promptly used these to threaten the three city-states with unreasonable conditions. Retrieve the library and stop him at all costs, lest Limsa Lominsa, Ul'dah and Gridania be annihilated!

Area :

A rectangular arena composed entirely of strewn about ancient tomes that are somehow targetable (though impossible to attack), with bookshelves adorning the sides. There are three circles, each adorned with twisted unknown symbols resembling guild crests. Will change during the course of the fight and the arena descriptions will be added with each phase.

Phase 1.1 :

Ancient Archmagus

Description :

A hooded man in elaborate, strange garb. What little can be seen of his skin shows it is dark. His eyes gleam of a black never before seen.

Intro :

So, you found this ancient library and seek to stop me? My ultimatum is tantamount to Eorzea's survival! If you will not remove yourselves, then I will not suffer your presence, nor your lives. BEGONE!

Attacks :

Swinging Staff : Allows the Ancient Archmagus to attack while casting. Pacification will prevent the Swinging Staff from attacking.

Twisted Thunder : Small ground persistent AoE. Anyone within 30 yalms of whoever is struck also takes damage.

Fabulous Flame : Snake-like AoE that will do minor damage. If it strikes a book that is strewn about, will spawn a Burning Book that will self-destruct for massive damage, causing enough damage to 1-shot a DPS/Healer. If the Fabulous Flame hits someone before hitting a book, it dissipates.

Insane Ice : Rain of ice over a given area - will deal constant damage to people standing in it even after the cast. If standing in it for 3 seconds, causes Confuse for 10 seconds.

Wild Wind : Raid-wide AoE that does minor damage and displaces all the currently active persistent AoEs several yalms. Activated every 20% life loss.

Erratic Earth : Cast on two people inside the raid. If they use an ability in the next 10 seconds, they are stunned for 10 seconds and get a healing reduced debuff.

Weird Water : Bubbles resembling Scylla's thunder/fire/ice balls are linked to 4 people. These can be used to extinguish a Burning Book before it explodes.

At 45%, the Ancient Archmagus will disappear from the arena and reappear in three different spots marked by the twisted guild symbols. The Conjurer is dressed in black garb with white eyeglow, the Arcanist is dressed in blue with red eyeglow, and the Thaumaturge is dressed in white with purple eyeglow.

Phase 1.2 :

Mid-fight interlude :

Your might is considerable, yet flawed! You are nations divided, unable to fight the Garlean Empire, much less one man! Your own magics will be your end!

Attack:

Arcanimoconjurathurgical Antipode : All three Ancient Archmagus start casting this spell, which is essentially a DPS race. All three archmagus gain an instance of Protect, Manaward, Galvanize and Stoneskin. All four effects can be taken away by any ability that has that capacity. Any of the perpetual effects from the previous phase are now permanent until either the Antipode is fully casted, which wipes the raid, or all three Archmagus are defeated.

Phase transition :

The three archmagus become one, in the center of the map. He cannot be targeted as he falls to a knee. Massive quantities of aether surround him and blasts the library to bits. What remains is transported to the void.

Transition text:

That... that was a mistake. I should have known the powers of a divided people would not suffice. No matter... if I can't have this power... I will erase it from existence! As I fell to the dark, SO SHALL YOU!

Phase 2.1 :

Kellach Woods

Description:

A black young man with a dark red battle aura surrounding him. He is wearing a Star-Spangled subligar, some tightly wound boots, and gloves with bracers as well as a feathered circlet. There are numerous scars strewn about on his face.

Intro:

Surprise! Time to take matters into my own hands!

Area:

A perfectly square floating block of granite floating into the aetherical void. There is an aether wall surrounding the block.

Attacks:

Most Electrifying Punch : A AoE attack that is almost impossible to dodge. Marks 2 people with a debuff that will knock them back several yalms if they are close together.

H'rlem Heat : Flame cone AoE attack that will set the affected area on fire for 15 seconds. Anything that walks through it gets a Burning debuff for 30 seconds, which causes damage over time.

Glacier Smash : A punch to the ground with a slowly advancing ice projectile. If it hits anyone, it encases them into an ice block. If it does not, once it reaches the aetheric wall, it bounces into 3 projectiles in a trident format, not unlike the ice spikes of Fenrir, causing moderate damage. Ice block prevents Hurricane.

Hurricane : A timed attack occurring at 75%, 50% and 25%. Causes severe knockback to everyone that is not behind an Ice Block.

Gigantoad Splash : An icon appears over a non-tank member of the raid. The tank must rush to that person's side to transfer the icon. Causes water AoE upon landing, which knocks back a few yalms.

Stone Crush Stunner : A large, staggered AoE circle appear throughout the squared arena. Once it finishes casting, anyone standing in the AoE is stunned until attacked. Party members can attack people affected by Stone Crush Stunner.

Special Mechanics:

Any time a player is knocked into the aether wall, they take severe damage. Not enough to kill them if they are at full health but enough that they require extra healing stat. They are also dangerously close to the wall, allowing more knockback abilities to outright kill them.

Phase 2.2

Mid-fight interlude:

Y-you can't defeat me! Not after I've gone this far! THIS WILL NOT BE THE END!

Phase transition:

Kellach rushes to the center of the platform and is untargetable. He'll stomp his foot for a minor AoE (Arm of the Destroyer) that will shortly silence anyone who's in its range. This gives him access to the following buff and additional attack, which is up as soon as the transition ends. The Aether Wall is smashed.

Attacks:

Omnifist : Kellach gets the following buffs -

Increased damage

Increased knockback

Regular attacks cause knockback

Any ability hitting except Most Electrifying Punch causes Heavy

Stoneskin appears on Stone Crush Stunner hitting

Gigantoad Splash leaves a water puddle for 10 seconds that causes anyone walking inside it to slip.

Doomed Lariat : Kellach disappears and goes, in a straight line, from one end of to the arena to the other. Anyone caught within is carried to the end of the arena.

Special Properties:

Due to the Aether Wall being smashed, anyone knocked off the platform is dead and cannot be resurrected. We love Titan/(EX) Leviathan mechanics, don't we?

Phase transition :

Kellach falls to the ground, dying as the aether maintaining the pocket dimension or wherever they were transported starts transforming. The squared platform grows into an aether-shaped gladiator's circle. Once the arena is constructed, familiar faces (Primals and discarded designs for them, as well as other references from monsters pas) assist in their final fight.

Transition text:

I... I only dreamed... of the three city-states... uniting against a common enemy. Is this... what they have done here? Are your bonds... stronger than I believed?

Phase 3.1 :

Kellach Woods

Description:

He has returned to his usual look, though augmented by the residual aether and his primal "friends" that are helping him against Eorzea's finest. All of his equipment is paved in an aether blue/white combination, and seems to oscillate between the different six elements.

Intro:

We... are now lost to the aether. Whoever wins this final fight will return to Eorzea a conqueror, and whoever loses will be lost to history! Come at me, brave heroes and show the world your mettle!

Area:

A gladiator arena situated in the Aether, surrounded by primals. There are no mechanics involving the area, though it is quite small, making dodging stacking mechanics quite difficult.

Attacks:

Auto-Attack : Causes Heavy.

Blizzard Cyclone : Kellach targets a character at range and throws a cyclone until it reaches the target (avoidable). The blizzard persists for 30 seconds and causes Heavy to anyone who enters it. Deals damage in both a straight line and circle.

Overquake : Large cone-based AoE that stuns anyone who is hit by it, including the tank. Short stun duration.

Thunderhawk : Targets a character at range - Deals cleansable magic damage over time, with an initial hit.

Ocean of Blood : Targets a non-tank character. Character is surrounded by chains and feared, drawing closer to Kellach. If he reaches Kellach's melee-range, Brined Butcher occurs and instantly kills the target.

Fury of Flames : Grants Kellach a melee range of 30 yalms and adds 30 yalms to Overquake, Inner Tempest and Ocean of Blood. Removable (and must be removed or else Ocean of Blood's gonna start wrecking faces).

Inner Tempest : Short-range straight-line AoE that knocks back anyone caught in it to the end of the arena, dividing the damage between targets hit. Causes Heavy.

Sun's Path : Arena-wide vertical lines AoE that is dodgeable. Does considerable damage. Causes Heavy.

Sun's Eye : Arena-wide horizontal lines AoE that is dodgeable. Tank also as a vertical line AoE that spawns where he currently is on a short cast. Causes Heavy.

To My Aid, Pinchyshell! : Kellach reaches... somewhere and throws his pet crab at a person. That person is silenced/pacified (determined by job) and has a tiny AoE until another player uses a damaging attack on the other player. Target takes regular damage from the attack. Only one Pinchyshell can be out at any given time.

Appeal to Vengeance : Kellach turns to the crowd of Primals for aid. Can only be used six times and is used at 60% and then at 50%, 40%, 30%, 20% and 10%. The order in which abilities appear goes as such :

Mistral Song - As Garuda HM, but unavoidable due to no obstacles. (60%)

Radiant Plume - As Ifrit HM but the formation is different (50%)

Judgment Bolt - As Ramuh HM, but only two arbiters appear (40%) (I tried finding a good attack for this, but JB is the only thing that could match the fight's mechanics)

Bomb Boulders - As Titan HM, but bombs appear twice in two different patterns (30%)

Absolute Zero - As Shiva HM and still unavoidable (20%)

Tidal Wave - Unlike any of the Leviathan fights, this acts more as a Zantetsuken-type mechanic though since Kellach isn't casting it, he is still free to attack - If allowed to cast, hits the entire party for 40k damage. (10%)

Special Properties:

Every Primal interference with the exception of Garuda/Shiva is a potential wipe mechanic due to the Heavy inflicted by the axe's attacks and how bad the fight itself can get with the perpetual blizzard and Inner Tempest messing with the group's placement.

Phase Transition:

Kellach dies. Cutscene shows him fading away into the aether after his death, his spirit seems to join with the primals.

Outro:

I... am finally free. Thank you, adventurers. Do through love... what I could not through fear. With my death... I join my new friends.

Victory fanfare and loots! (Gear is essentially primal-touched versions of different outfits - Tons of outfits to get!)

(FINALLY FUCKING DONE JESUS FUCK THIS TOOK A WHILE.)

• 1 month later...

Trial Name: The Burning Wall / (Extreme)

Phase One Music: uam3ctFau-M

Phase Two Music: Uq3cfXw8p_4

Phase Three Music: VEmWfkFEVLU

Battle:

Phase one: Flynt is fought normally, AoEs, heavy lock-on attacks, upon 60%, he will retreat to the piece of Dalamud and jam his fist into it, activating phase two.

Phase two: Flynt is now stationary, and like the Titan Heart phase in The Navel, the party must damage Flynt to slow a charging AoE, the closer to 100% charge he is, the more damage the transition attack will be. The party must ward off Magitek Bit adds as this phase progresses until Flynt is at 50% HP.

Phase three: Flynt is now in overcharge, levitating from the ground while glowing a faint yellow, his attacks pattern will be not unlike Gaius where he will warp around the stage, striking the ground with high powered electric attacks, occasionally warping to the center to charge a wiping attack that must be interrupted through DPS. An out of reach Magitek Bit will spawn with every 10% HP lost, where the party must dodge to avoid moderate damage. Rinse and repeat until victory is achieved.

Arena: A patch of corrupt crystal outside the fallen piece of Allagan technology that centers the Burning Wall.

Attacks:

Phase one:

• High Voltage: Electric damage to whoever has aggro
  • Raiton: Ranged electric damage to random target (Small AoE)
  • Katon: Ranged AoE for moderate damage to afflicted, grants burns.
  • Pistonfist: Heavy damage to aggro holder

Phase two:

• Aethromagnetic Pulse: Heavy AoE around Flynt (Grants electrocution DoT upon hit)
  • Magitek Beam: Medium damage in a straight line (From Bits)
  • Ancient Volt: Variable damage depending on charge level, hits entire arena

Phase three:

• Scorched Earth: Arenca covering AoE for heavy damage, must be interrupted (Grants a longer lasting Burns upon hit)
  • Allagan Might: Moderate damage to aggro holder
  • Volta: Single AoE for heavy damage aimed at random party member (Electrocution if hit)
  • Magitek Beam: Same as phase two, though Bits cannot be damaged, only avoided

Lore (Queue description):

Flynt Reddard's fascination for Allagan technology has brought him to a near madness, his attention drawn to the fallen piece of Dalamud embedded into Thanalan's Burning Wall. Will the Hyena become a pawn of the Allagans? The Hero of Light must make haste and stop the final phase of his excavation, lest another one falls to the corruption of the fallen moon Dalamud.

EX Difference:

• More magitek bits
  • The Ancient Volt charge time is accellerated significantly
  • Damage hits harder
  • Ancient Pulse inflicts Hysteria
  • Volta deals paralysis + electrocution
  • Scorched Earth inflicts Pyretic

Decided to do one of these with Judge for laughs. It's not 100% complete, though. Thinking of good Forbidden/Recommended pairs is surprisingly difficult!

~*~

Ye Not Guilty

Scenario and Setting: Gates of Judgement, Coerthas Central Highlands. 8-player Trial.

Description:

The Judge has overseen countless disputes and battles over his many years, however it seems that not everyone is happy with his verdicts! Confront the Judge and beat him at his own game!

If you've played either of the FFTA games, you can probably guess what's going to happen in this fight. Throughout the entire Trial, Jredthys will institute rules that must be obeyed or else the fight will become that much harder (or perhaps impossible!). Comply with his demands, chip through his mountainous pile of HP, and come away victorious!

Quotes:

Introduction - "YOU SHALL BE JUDGED."

Abate - "CEASE AND DESIST."

Trial by Jury - "ORDER IN THE COURT."

Forbidden/Recommended - All of the following are presented in the format "FORBIDDEN: ______, RECOMMENDED: ______"

- Fire/Ice

- Earth/Wind

- Water/Lightning

- Magic/Melee

- Direct Damage/Damage over Time

- Costly Actions/Cheap Actions

- Running/Jumping

Defeat - "THE MOTION... PASSES..."

Attacks:

[Judge Sword] - A standard cleave attack that does significantly more damage than his normal attack. This move hits in a wide arc at his front, as well as the sides to a degree.  Keeping him tanked against a wall is recommended to avoid unnecessary damage.

[Abate] - Judge will cast Stop on the tank with the highest aggro, two DPS, and one healer at random intervals during this fight. This stop lasts for 20 seconds.

[Trial by Jury] - At random intervals during the fight, Judge will place a marker over the head the player with the most aggro. After five second, that player and Judge will both teleport onto a raised dais and two crystals will appear: a friendly crystal named "Guilty" and an enemy crystal named "Innocent." Guilty will immediately begin losing health upon its appearance and Innocent must be destroyed before Guilty dies or else Judge will OHKO the entire party. Guilty can be healed, and this can be done to help offset low DPS.

[Rule Change] - Upon hitting 90%, and at every 10% interval after, Judge will initiate a Rule Change. Holding up a card, it will glow with a brilliant light and then shatter into a fine mist. As it shatters, Jredthys will announce what is Forbidden and what is Recommended. Doing a recommended action will result in the buff Judge Point, while doing a Forbidden action will result in a Yellow Card.

JP Gift - Performing a Recommended action will result in the player gaining the consumable buff "Judge Point", which lasts for 10 seconds and is used up in the next non-auto-attack ability. This action will do 25% more damage/healing. These buffs do not stack, and using the Judge Point on a recommended action will not grant another Judge Point. Performing a Forbidden action with a Judge Point will still result in a Yellow Card.

Yellow Card - Performing an action that is Forbidden will result in the player gaining the debuff "Yellow Card", that cuts max HP and damage/healing done by 25%. It lasts for one minute. Performing another Forbidden action while under the effect of a Yellow Card results in a Red Card.

Red Card - Should a player get the debuff "Red Card," Judge will immediately teleport the offending player(s), Bind them in place, and hit them with a OHKO cleave. Anyone else caught in the cone-shaped area of effect when this happens is also killed. This move cannot be negated by Graceful Dodge, Holmgang, or Hallowed Ground.

Extreme Mode Changes

* Yellow Card no longer exists. Violating a Rule results in an immediate Red Card.

* Guilty loses health more rapidly, while Innocent has increased HP.

Music Selection:

SMmM_0BszAs

• 1 month later...

Ehh might as well. I'm not even sure if I did this right but oh well. 

[align=center]d5PzXgl.png[/align]

[align=center]64PxbJWdLk8 [/align]

Reward:

Soldieries - 15, Poetics - 8

Description:

"The Murderer Lives and Dies"

So just who is Ramona Spencer? Well as far as you know, she's just a wandering Thaumaturge, one of the millions. Nothing remarkable save for a fractured memory.

Ah but that's a just a pseudonym that was given to her after she had woken up from her coma. But what if, just say what if, she hadn't botched that meteor spell her mysterious soulstone had recommended she do? What if she never slipped into a coma? Let me tell you a story. One that isn't about her, but at same time about her. Let me tell you the story of Fiona Reeve, a survivor of her massacre and eight unassuming adventurers who brought low the threat that had turned Upper La Noscea into a barren wasteland.

Ah but this is simply fiction. Let not this story cloud your perspective of her when you meet her. There are some things in this story she does not know yet. 

Information:

Location: Bronze Lake Ruins, Upper La Noscea/Time Limit: 60 minutes

Requirements:

Eight Players (2 tanks, 2 Healers, 4 DPS)

*The above composition requirement is not imposed upon preformed parties.

Class: Disciples of War or Magic

Level: 50

Avg. item level: 90

Phase 1 (100% to 70%)

"I guess I could spare some time for you, here's to hoping you actually land a scratch yeah?"

Fiona is in her Devastator Stance here which increases her damage output by 10% and has access to two skills on top of her basic magic missile auto-attack, Warped Fire and Warped Ice. She'll end the phase with an arena wide stun followed by casting Pride Manifested.

Warped Fire is an line AoE that deals heavy damage to anyone caught in the blast as well as inflict a 5 second burn. The range extends from to the end of the arena. 

Warped Ice randomly targets Tanks or Healers and deals medium damage and inflicts a 5 second freeze. 

Pride Manifested is an aoe that eats half the arena and deals heavy damage to anyone caught in the blast as well as decreasing damage dealt for 10 seconds. 

She starts to cast 'Bulwark Stance' which gives people a 3 second breather to recover from Pride Manifested. Which leads us to....

Phase 2 (70% to 45%)

*laughs* "So you actually know how to move around hmm? C'mon then, hit me with your best shot."

Fiona is in her Bulwark Stance which decreases damage she receives by 30%. She's traded in her staff for a conjured Sword and Shield. She loses Warped Fire and Warped Ice in exchange for Breaker, Cull the weak, Aether Leech and Self-Preservation. Normal fight too, lots of damage mitigation and interrupts and steals, basically the annoying stage. Her auto-attacks are your vanilla sword slashes. She'll end the phase by using Redemption Lost.

Breaker is a randomly triggered, 3 second State wherein she warps to the center of the arena and openly interrupts the players, summoning multiple copies of herself if she has to respond to multiple things at once. Anyone doing anything or in the middle of anything will be penalized with a 3 second stun by way of in your face shield bash out of nowhere. You were still casting Cure? Too bad, shield in your face. The upside is once she's out of this state you'll have at least 15 seconds before she starts doing it again.

Cull the weak does exactly as it sounds, targets the party member with the lowest health and then sticks to them like glue for the next 10 seconds doing increased damage against them for the duration. 

Aether Leech is specifically made for casters. She'll target all of you mages and start leeching your MP for the next 5 seconds. Drain your MP fast because at the end of those 5 seconds she'll detonate the stolen MP and deal arena-wide damage. Also in this state she steals back 100% of the damage she deals to you as HP. 

Self-preservation activates at the 50% HP mark. In this state she'll take half 60% less damage and start regenerating HP. She can't do anything else. This is your mandatory DPS check. It ends when she's regenerated up to the 60% HP mark or she takes a certain amount of damage. In the first case, she'll use Self-Preservation again when she reaches the 50% Mark. In the second case, she won't use it any more and will be stunned for the next 5 seconds. If you keep wiping to this, it's okay, just popped the stored LB when she uses this. 

Redemption Lost is basically her Holmgang/Hallowed Ground, she'll be invincible but will do half damage in her attacks. Adds labelled 'Guilt' and 'Innocence' will spawn and when you kill them you gain a stack that corresponds to them, killing 'Guilt' will give you 'Guilt' Innocence to Innocence. Guilt increases damage received, Innocence decreases damage dealt. You can only carry one stack and your next attack on her will transfer the stack to her. The goal is to give her 8 stacks of either Guilt or Innocence. Which influences the next phase depending on which stack is used against her. Take note that if you place a guilt stack on her then you place an innocence stack, the existing guilt stack is removed and vice versa.

Once you get the 8 stacks on her the next phase begins. 

Phase 3 (45% to 0%)

"Tch. Now that actually hurt. I think it's time I stop playing around." - 8 Innocence Stack, Clear Conscience Stance, 10% less damage received, access to Isolation.

"You actually know how to hit hard then? Except I hit harder, just ask the corpses." - 8 Guilt Stack, Clouded Conscience Stance, less casting time, 5% more damage dealt, access to Revelation

She doesn't walk or run around the arena, she'll warp randomly between people instead and attack them for random periods of time anywhere between at least 5 seconds to 10 seconds at most. She'll have access to her all her previous skills except for Pride Manifested, Redemption Lost and Self-Preservation. As well as one of the two skills listed above. 

Isolation marks a random party member and then warps her and the target to the center of the arena. The rest of the party is knocked to the edges of the arena and stunned for 3 seconds. The marked party member is then bound for 5 seconds and inflicted with a 20 second debuff, wherein damage they deal and the health they heal decreases as their HP decreases as well as be dealt with heavy damage, as reference a flat i90 BLM will walk away from this with give or take 5% HP left from 100%. Manawall, Holmgang, whatever is ignored by the attack. 

Revelation is an arena wide heavy/slow that comes with a 20 second debuff that decreases max HP by 10% and increases damage taken by 10% and a separate 5 second DoT doing a fixed 400 damage per tick.

Another DPS check is at the 20% thresh hold. She will begin channeling Identity Fiona which decreases any damage received by 15% and as well as decreases's the party's damage by 15% as well as ensures invincibility for her at 5% HP. Three stationary and harmless adds with large HP pools will spawn, killing one will extend the casting time of Identity Fiona and shave off 5% of the debuff to the party and the buff to Fiona, killing all three will change the spell from Identity Fiona to Identity Ramona. Identity Fiona chains into Timeline Broken wherein she blinks to each party member individually and hits them for 99,999 damage ignoring every little mitigation, Manawall, Holmie, whatever. Identity Ramona is an instant cast that chains into Mended Sins an instant which deals 99,999 to herself.

"Thanks for the diversion, love, I appreciated it...not really but I think you'll appreciate being my puppets like everyone else. Oh? Still standing up? Alright one more then, lovelies, I'm feeling generous." - Timeline Broken. (Party defeat)

"You actually beat me? This is just too much. *laugh* Well then I don't think I can lift a hand to defend myself go head...run me through. Turn me into another number." - Timeline Broken. (Fiona defeat) *On the off chance someone actually successfully casts a DPS LB after she drops the invincibility that comes with Identity Fiona for Broken Timeline.*

"She was me then? Damn. So umm that hurt, think you could help me up? No? Just gonna stand there looking shiny? Cool... No, no I mean if you still have to stand there and everything I can lie down here  for a bit... It's not like you've got anything better to do and neither to do I. I mean the floor is kinda nice... Really I mean if you're gonna be like that then be like that a little longer yeah? You're not gonna help me up aren't you? *sigh* Fine. " -Mended Sins.

Drops:

4 Star Ramona Spencer TT Card. Up 7. Down 7. Right 5. Left 1.

4 Star Fiona Reeve TT Card. Left 8. Right 8. Up 3. Down 1.

Wind-up Ramona Spencer/Kurt Steel/Effie Valkaim/Keil Amalle/Nah Amariyo Minion

Warped Aether Sword/Shield/Bow/Etcetcetc (i90)

(Felt like doing an extreme mode trial version of Sounsyy's dungeon fight. Cuz reasons. Any of you Grindstone folks wanna try this fight out?)

Quest Name: Too Far Gone, or Gone Too Far?

8-man Trial - "Scars of Gyr Abania"

Avg. Item Level: 110

Extreme Mode difficulty.

Twenty years have passed since the fall of Ala Mhigo to the Garleans and the fallen city-state's refugees will wait no longer for the Eorzean Alliance to aid their cause. Sounsyy Mirke, former Maelstrom Captain and instigator of this rebellion has illegally commandeered a Lominsan Warship to the Gyr Abania region with the help of her Levy. Ala Mhigan refugees across Eorzea have answered the Captain's call, disturbing the peace in the Alliance city-states. In the interest of preventing further rioting in Ul'dah, the Syndicate has commissioned a small contingent of adventurers to quiet the rebellion before it brings war to the Garleans and its fellow Eorzeans. The Captain has gone too far, lay her to rest with her brethren.

The Broken Watchtower is sealed off! Face the consequences of your actions, as Sounsyy must.

Enemies:

Sounsyy Mirke - Lancer, very high HP, high block rate, low attack speed.

Opening Cutscene: "When we pleaded fer soldiers to help us retake Ala Mhigo, none came! Now yer blissful ignorance is disturbed, you waste not a moment!" -Sounsyy

Phase 1 - (100-88% HP) Battle starts against Sounsyy alone using a spear. At the start of the fight Sounsyy will immediately cast Revenant of Nathaniel, causing the arena to come alive with shades of some battle between the Resistance and the Garleans long ago. (Merely scenery.)

Sounsyy Attacks:

[Revenant of Nathaniel] - 1s Cast Time. Inflicts Sounsyy with -10% damage mitigation while increases her attack power by 10%.

[Part the Seas] - 3s Cast Time. Targets a random player with an AoE dash attack which deals damage in a reversed cone shape. (Meaning the area immediately in front of Sounsyy is the wide part of the cone, while the end point of her dash narrows to a point.) Damage increases exponentially to players caught in the narrow area of the cone.

[Nymeia's Spurn] - Instant Cast. This attack inflicts damage and a 6s Bind debuff to a random player. Sounsyy will use this shortly before her 2nd and 3rd Part the Seas attack.

[Guided Sting] - Instant Cast. Sounsyy stabs her target with her spear, dealing a critical hit! Awareness buff causes this attack to miss.

[Agonized Howl] - 5s Cast Time. Sounsyy absorbs the spirit of Nathaniel, giving her a buff which increases her attack power by 20% and grants her a weak Regen effect. This buff will persist for the entirety of the fight if successfully cast.

Sounsyy will open with Revenant of Nathaniel, which essentially acts as a countdown to casting Agonized Howl later on. She will immediately follow up Revenant of Nathaniel with the first Part the Seas, an attack she will use every 15s. 5s after every Part the Seas, she will use Guided Sting as her "tank buster" move. During the second and third Part the Seas, she will Bind a random player with Nymeia's Spurn. All other players should adjust positioning so they will not cause the bound player to be in line with the next Part the Seas. After the third Part the Seas, Sounsyy will begin casting Agonized Howl. The idea is to push the phase before she can successfully cast this attack, as it will make completing the fight nearly impossible.

[Revenant of Nathaniel > Part the Seas > (( Guided Sting > Nymeia's Spurn > Part the Seas )) > Repeat Parenthesis x2 > Agonized Howl]

Phase 2 - (88-40% HP) Sounsyy becomes untargetable as Ceirtette Cambre add enters the field. Sounsyy tosses her spear to Ceirtette and draws her shortsword from the scabbard above her rear and picks up her famed Ala Mhigan Scutum off the ground from the remains of a fallen ghost soldier. Sounsyy becomes targetable again and immediately begins casting Revenants of Iron Lake, causing the arena to transform yet again. The pillars of the old Watchtower become Nymian ruins and ghosts of Sounsyy's former 17th Levy do battle between the ruins against overwhelming Garlean numbers. (Again, merely scenery.)

Enemies:

Sounsyy Mirke - Gladiator, very high HP, high block rate, low attack speed.

Ceirtette Cambre - Lancer class, moderate HP, moderate defense and attack power.

"We survived this field before! I won't let you die here now!" -Ceirtette, joining the battle.

Ceirtette Attacks:

[Wearied Prod] - Instant Cast. Ceirtette unleashes a two-fold attack on her target.

[Part the Seas] - 3s Cast Time. Targets Sounsyy's tank with an AoE dash attack which deals damage in a reversed cone shape. Damage increases exponentially to players caught in the narrow area of the cone.

[All To Blame] - 5s Cast Time. Deals an attack equal to the total HP of her targeted player. Damage is split between all Party Members who stand between Ceirtette and the targeted Party Member.

[stand Trial] - Instant Cast. Ceirtette impales a random DPS with her spear and lifts him/her from the ground. The impaled Player is immobilized and inflicted with a DoT lasting as long as impaled. This effect lasts until the Party Member dies or 2000 damage is dealt to Ceirtette.

"Bravely we lay down our lives for our nation! Will you?" -Ceirtette, using Stand Trial.

Sounsyy Attacks:

[Revenants of Iron Lake] - 1s Cast Time. Inflicts Sounsyy with -5% damage mitigation while increasing her attack power by 15%.

[Guided Sting] - Instant Cast. Sounsyy stabs with her shortsword, dealing a critical hit! Awareness buff causes this attack to miss.

[Griffin Strike] - Instant Cast. Turns to shield swipe the nearest Healer or DPS, dealing damage and inflicting the player with a potent, 15s Slow debuff which cannot be dispelled.

[All To Blame] - 5s Cast Time. Deals an attack equal to the total HP of her targeted player. Damage is split between all Party Members who stand between Sounsyy and the targeted Party Member.

[summary Execution] - 10s Cast Time. Sounsyy begins casting the moment a player is impaled by Ceirtette's Stand Trial. If the impaled Party Member is not released by the end of Summary Execution's cast, Sounsyy will slash their throat, dealing damage equal to 90% of that Player's total HP. Sounsyy and Ceirtette will each gain a stack of Justification per successfully cast Summary Execution.

Phase 2 will begin immediately following a successful Agonized Howl or at 88% HP if the phase can be pushed before a successful cast. Off Tank will have time during Sounsyy's casting of Revenants of Iron Lake to pick up Ceirtette. It is recommended, but not required, that WAR MTs Sounsyy while PLD OTs Ceirtette, assuming the party has one of each. Sounsyy will follow up with her tank buster Guided Sting while Ceirtette will immediately begin casting Part the Seas. These attacks will be followed up by both enemies simultaneously casting All To Blame on their respective tanks, bringing a target reticle over their heads. Tanks will need to split the damage with other party members. For the duration of this phase, Ceirtette will always cast Part the Seas before every All To Blame.

After All To Blame, Ceirtette will hit her tank with Wearied Prod and Sounsyy will hit a party member with Griffin Strike. A few seconds after, Ceirtette will impale a random DPS with Stand Trial and Sounsyy will begin casting Summary Execution. DPS need to inflict at least 2000 damage to Ceirtette before Sounsyy finishes casting. If enough damage is dealt in time, Summary Execution will be interrupted. If it is not, both Sounsyy and Ceirtette will gain a stack of Justification, which will come into play during Phase 3. This order will repeat until Sounsyy's HP reaches 40%.

[Revenants of Iron Lake > Guided Sting / Part the Seas > All To Blame > Griffin Strike / Wearied Prod > Stand Trial / Summary Execution > Repeat]

Phase 3 - (40-0% HP) Once Phase 3 begins, Sounsyy will immediately begin casting Revenants of Carteneau, transforming the arena one last time to reflect the horrors of the battle before the Calamity - the Garleans now fighting the Eorzean Alliance. If Ceirtette is still alive, she will begin gaining stacks of Hope of a Nation. If Ceirtette is dead before phase shift, Sounsyy will immediately gain 8 stacks of Grief of a Nation after finishing her previous cast.

"The dream of a reborn Ala Mhigo will not die here!" -Ceirtette, using Hope of a Nation.

"You stood idly by and watched my people suffer! I'll not be so idle as I watch yer suffering!" -Sounsyy, using Grief of a Nation.

Ceirtette Attacks:

[Hope of a Nation] - Gains one stack every 15s. Each stack greatly increases Ceirtette's attack speed and physical defense.

[Wearied Prod] - Instant Cast. Ceirtette unleashes a two-fold attack on her target.

[Part the Seas] - 3s Cast Time. Targets Sounsyy's tank with an AoE dash attack which deals damage in a reversed cone shape. Damage increases exponentially to players caught in the narrow area of the cone.

[All To Blame] - 5s Cast Time. Deals an attack equal to the total HP of her targeted player. Damage is split between all Party Members who stand between Ceirtette and the targeted Party Member.

[Accountability] - Instant Cast. Unleashes a devastating, multi-fold attack against her target. This attack will add an additional, equal damaging hit per stack of Justification acquired in Phase 2.

Sounsyy Attacks:

[Revenants of Carteneau] - 1s Cast Time. Increases Sounsyy's attack power by 20%.

[Grief of a Nation] - Each stack greatly increases Sounsyy's determination and magic defense. Stacks only begin accruing upon Ceirtette's death. Additional stacks will accumulate every 10s, up to 8 stacks.

[Guided Sting] - Instant Cast. Sounsyy stabs with her shortsword, dealing a critical hit! Awareness buff causes this attack to miss.

[Artillery] - 1s Cast Time. Sounsyy raises her shield into the air, grabbing the attention of Garlean artillery cannons. Three random players will be struck by cannons.

[All To Blame] - 5s Cast Time. Deals an attack equal to the total HP of her targeted player. Damage is split between all Party Members who stand between Sounsyy and the targeted Party Member.

[blood in the Water] - 3s Cast Time. Sounsyy repeatedly bludgeons the Party Member with the lowest numerical HP (either from damage or lowest Base HP if all Party Members are capped) with her shield. The number of hits increases per stack of Justification acquired in Phase 2.

Phase 3 follows much of the same patterns as the previous phase. Sounsyy begins by casting Revenants of Carteneau signalling the phase change. Unlike previous Revenants buffs, this last one does not inflict Sounsyy with decreased mitigation, making this most DPS intensive phase more difficult. If Ceirtette is still alive by phase shift, she will immediately begin gaining stacks of Hope of a Nation. If she is dead, Sounsyy will immediately gain 8 stacks of Grief of a Nation, which will result in a wipe.

After phase change, Ceirtette will follow up with Part the Seas like Phase 2 and Sounsyy will use Guided Sting on her tank. This will be followed up by a pair of All To Blame. Sounsyy will follow up with Artillery, for which players should remain spread out to avoid getting hit by multiple cannons. During the confusion, Ceirtette will hit her tank with Accountability. Stacks of Justification (if any) accumulated in Phase 2 will cause the attack to hit multiple times.

Off Tank should be healed to full to prepare for Ceirtette's follow up Wearied Prod and prepare to cure bomb whichever player has the lowest HP, as Sounsyy's Blood in the Water attack will target them. This attack also adds additional hits per stack of Justification. This rotation will repeat until Ceirtette's and/or Sounsyy's death. Ceirtette can be ignored or killed during this phase if healers can keep up with Ceirtette's increased attack speed and high damaging hits on the OT. Killing Ceirtette will eliminate having to deal with Part the Seas and one All To Blame mechanic, as well as reducing the amount of healing needed for the OT, but will also make Sounsyy start to quickly accumulate stacks of Grief of a Nation, giving a soft enrage timer of 70s.

[Revenants of Carteneau > Guided Sting / Part the Seas > All To Blame > Artillery / Accountability > Blood in the Water / Wearied Prod > Repeat]

End Cutscene: "What hope did we have... alone?" /death

• 3 months later...

Cathedral of Defiance EX

8 man boss fight, 1 tank, 5 DPS, 2 healers

Description: A Primal has been cornered in this remote location in Coerthas. Put it down for the good of Eorzea.

Introduction; The lalafellin Primal and the group who had originally summoned her, all of them praying as Aether swirls around her, a look of fury on her face.

"I crushed the Garleans and I've killed several primals for the good Eorzea and I'm treated like a monster that needs to be killed?! I'll rip all of your spines out when I'm done!"

Attacks and skills:

Every time a player is killed, Memenu gains a stack of Unrelenting Rage. At 5 stacks she enters Fury status.

Judgement of the Destroyer: A raid-wide (effectively Tumult from Titan) AoE that stuns the party for two seconds and bypasses diminishing returns on detrimental effects. Damage is between 1.5k to 4 k (dependent on Unrelenting Rage stacks/Fury status). Maximum cast is 3 at any given time. (Bypasses Hallowed Ground, Living Dead and Holmgang) Starts being used at around 85% health.

Tormenting Fist: Memenu targets a party member (that isn't the tank) and slams the ground with as much strength as she can muster. The Target and any who is hit in the line gains a stack of Hopelessness. At 3 stacks, the target gains Terrified status for 20 seconds, causing them to run around in fear and takes 5.5k damage (almost 10!k if Memenu is in Fury status) Usage starts at about 70% HP

Guillotine Fist: Upon gaining 5 stacks of Unrelenting Rage, Memenu gains the ability to use this. Has to be chained from Raging Thrust if in Fury status. If cast, target and any member surrounding him are instantly killed. Can be directly used at 10% HP, and if Memenu is alive during the end of its cast, the party wipes.

Tri-Combo: Memenu hits the target 3 times for mild to severe damage. With 3 stacks of Unrelenting Rage, she gains the ability to use Quad Blow. Used at 95% HP and below.

Quad Blow: Punches the target four times, causing severe bruising which hampers healing by 40%. If under 4 stacks of Unrelenting Rage, increase it to 60%. Deals moderate damage. Used at 55% HP and below.

Chain Crush: Memenu yanks three party members towards her and punches the ground for heavy damage in a small area. Healer will rarely be targeted but anyone caught in the AoE will be knocked back (minus those who were chained). Used at 40% HP and below

Raging Thrust: Memenu viciously punches the ground with both hands, dealing mediocre damage but slowing everyone within range (large AoE, almost double the side of a Weight of the Land). If used in Fury status, the damage is doubled and the slow duration is increased. Used at 30% HP and below

Enrage: If party members die 5 more times after Fury status or hit the time limit (13 minutes) during battle, Memenu starts using Steel Crush; an advanced form of Rock Breaker with a larger AoE and deals upwards of 7k damage non-crit. During this time, Memenu has insanely increased critical strike chance and as such, deals upwards of 15k unmitigatable damage per hit.

Quotes:

Upon starting battle: "You will be among the first to reap what you've sown!"

Upon killing a party member: "I expected better! Which one's next?!"

50% HP: "Not bad.. But I'm not out yet!"

Hitting Fury status: "Now you will see true fury!"

Using Guillotine Fist: "Enough of this... Time to die!"

Being killed: "...I tried.. Run, vassals.."

Quest Name - And I'll Be Your Savior . . . .

8 Man Trial - Into The Snowstorm

1 Tank, 2 healer, 5 DPS. This trial has a very tight DPS check.

Average Ilvl - 180

Description - Succumbing to mind games and confusion from the ever so crafty enemy, Aaron has decided to halt your way, and end your life regrettably should you stand against him. Repelling your every attempt to pass with a quiet fury, it seems that neither of you will go without a fight. Join your comrades and band together to force the young white haired man that what he is doing is wrong.

Do you feel the ever creeping cold chill your bones and soul? 

Enemy - Aaron Frostheart. Very High Attack Power, High HP, Low Magic Defense, Average Party & Physical Defense. Required abilities are bind.

Opening Cutscene - Aaron is sitting onto of a icy great sword stuck horizontally in the icy mountain above as he stares quietly.

"You just don't fucking listen. . ." he says dropping from the makeshift seat ripping the weapon from the Ice as he descends to the ground. ". . . . This'll never end this way, I'm sorry. . . but your life is forfeit." He points the jagged blade at the party. The raid begins!

Phase 1 - (100-70%) Aaron will cast "Eviscerate" buffing his attack power by 20% for 10 seconds and lowering slashing and magic resistance of himself by 10% and cast "Feed my fury" on the tank begin attacking only the tank, even if other members overtake the tanks aggro meter. Only used in phase one as the main idea is that Phase 1 the sole purpose is to kill the tank and then take out the group.

Attacks - 

Feed My Fury - A debuff placed on the tank, should the tank not be healed for as much damage as he receives in the next 10 seconds, Aaron gains a 5% increase in damage that stays throughout the entire fight. Only uses once unless Requiem is successful.

Requiem - Aaron's blade will blow bright blue, but there will be no cast message requiring visual attention of the party. This move must be stunned of Aaron will slash the tank dropping a debuff that will re tick "Feed My Fury" where Aaron will immediately cast it again. If he prepares Requiem more than twice dps check will probably not be met.

Icy Plunge - Aaron will jump away from the tank near the edge of the arena and his body will glow pale blue preparing for a lunge attack at the tank. He must be  binded to stop the move or he will hit the tank for 20% of their original health. Should only be used once as this will lead to phase two. 

Phase 2 - (70 - 40%) Enrage Timer - If Aaron does not hit 40% soon after the 4th scar and slash he gains a buff that makes every attack deal twice as much damage. In necessity, killing the group one by one.

"I didn't want to kill you. . . but I guess I have no choice."

Aaron will become untargetable and jump out the arena stabbing his sword into the wall as a foothold before manifesting two smaller swords in both hands. This phase requires dodging. For ten seconds Aaron will launch projectiles at the party in the form of AoE that gives a ice resistance down debuff that stacks every time a party memeber is hit. Party should stack to avoid AoE circles across the entire arena. After ten seconds, Aaron descends again with his great sword and begins Phase 2.

Attacks - In this phase Aaron loses the ability to cast Feed My Fury and Requiem, but gains two new abilities instead along with keeping Plunge.

Frostbite - An arena wide AoE every 10 seconds with Aaron leasing a crescent shaped wave of frigid aether that doesn't do much damage but drops a " Hypothermia " debuff. This is a dps check, Aaron must be dpesed down to 40% before 7 (this is the max amount of stacks you can have before you will not survive the lb) stacks of Hypothermia are accumulated or his limit break will wipe the party OR before his 4th Scar and Slash (happens shortly after the time a 7th stack would drop. So you either get 7 stacks and hit him to 40% or you wipe no matter what). HOWEVER for every stack obtained prior to seven when Aaron Limit Breaks the party will receive a "ice resistance" buff that mitigates the limit Breaks attack power. By 5%.

Scar and Slash - Aaron targets two people, a dps and a healer. The healer received a debuff called "scar" that lowers healing by 10% for 5 seconds while the dps receives raw damage from the "slash" that will always hit for 2.5 HP ignoring mitigation but not ignoring vulnerability stacks. Generally not a game changing move unless dps received several stacks of vulnerability from the earlier AoE where Aaron is untargetable. Does 3 times before the 4th time leads to Enrage.

Impale - A unique animation where the tank gets impaled through the gut by Aaron's sword taking 75% of tanks "current" HP before becoming untargetable again as he vanished off the arena. Healers should heal party as quickly as possible if they met the dps check and had less than 7 Hypothermia stacks.

"I'm sorry. . . but this is where I kill you. . . " - Aaron Frostheart during Limit Break.

Limit Break - Flash Freeze

Aaron snaps his fingers freezing the entire party solid before casually dropping back onto the arena and dashing to each individual party member cutting into them with and ethereal sword. If anything under 7 stacks was acquired this the party received 5% less damage for each stack. Once done Aaron unfreezes the party and everyone falls down, if not a wipe all party memeber still alive stand back up much to Aaron's surprise and the last phase begins.

Phase 3 - (40-0%)

"Maybe I'm on the wrong side. . . prove to me I made the wrong choice before I take your life." - Aaron in last phase.

In this phase Aaron loses the abilities Frostbite, and Impale but regains the ability Feed My Fury. This phase is just repetition between Feed My Fury (1 time cast), Icy Plunge, Scar and Slash,  and basic auto attacks.

Ending Cutscene - ". . . . Guess I lose, fine. . . go on. Do what you came here to do." He says quiet and casual as he jumps off the arena and disappears into the frozen Highlands.

Trial: Traitor's Bane, 4 (Normal) 8 (HM/Ex) Player Trial

Castrum Occidens, La Noscea

Quest: Detecting a Defective Defector

"Having been outed as a former member of the VIIth Legion and refusing to answer summons for questioning, Corelyn Rosefire, formerly known to the Empire as Corelyn nan Bellor, has fled to the abandoned Castrum Occidens in an attempt to escape persecution. She must be tracked down and captured, but if she resists, necessary force has been authorized. But is this really right...?"

Combat Theme:

Phase 1: "Steel Reason"

Phase 2: "Bite of the Black Wolf" (Starts at Leveller)

Quotes:

"Bloody brutes! 'Fight first, talk later!' Is that it?" - At start of fight

"Stay back!" - on using Magitek Shield Pulse

"Ugh... You won't find me such an easy target!" - before calling out first set of Magitek Bits

"Why... won't you stop?!" - At 55% health, Phase II

"You've forced my hand; this ends now!" - On teleporting for Leveller

"Impossible! H-how did...?" - all players survive Leveller

"Damn your ignorance!" - on using Survivor's Guilt

"I want nothing more than does Cid Garlond! Why do you revile me so?!" - 10% health

"I... I never wanted... this..." - Upon defeat

Attacks:

Phase 1 (Corelyn: Engineer)

Corelyn engages the party, shielded by a magitek barrier and wielding a gundagger. She will fire shots at random party members, and will toss ceruleum grenades, as well as summon magitek bits to impede players.

Invulerable - Corelyn is rendered invulnerable by her magitek shield.

Auto-Attack - Swings her gundagger at the highest enmity target

Rosefire - [instant, used every 8 seconds] Fires a pink-hued round at a random ranged target. Deals moderate damage and leaves a dispellable "burns" debuff.

Ceruleum Grenade - [4 second cast, targeted AoE, 20-second CD] Tosses a ceruleum grenade at a targeted party member, causing an explosion with a 10-yalm radius. Does heavy damage and leaves a 30-second heavy debuff. Targeted area will burn for 15 seconds afterward.

Magitek Bits - Calls out Magitek bits that fire beams across the field. Beams deal heavy damage and inflict vulerability for 1 minute. 4 are called per cast. Cast with every 15% health lost until 55% (total 3 times, 12 Bits).

Magitek Shield Pulse - [3-second cast, interruptible, 10-second CD] Causes a burst of energy that will stun all players within 5 yalms. If this is interrupted, it will disable her Invulnerability buff. If it is used successfully, the buff will reappear.

Ultimate:

Leveller

At 40% health, Corelyn overcharges her shield and uses a teleporting device. Alarums are set off, and two sabotaged magitek armours appear. Sabotaged armours will cast photon stream on a 15-yalm line toward the highest enmity target for each. If kept close to one another for more than 10 seconds, they will self-destruct and deal lethal damage to all players. If not killed within 30 seconds, Leveller will trigger the self-destruct.

After 30 seconds following the appearance of the magitek armours, Corelyn activates a massive bomb, targeting the centre of the arena, with a damage radius pulsing outward and growing weaker with increased range. The defeated magitek armours will still explode, but their explosion will be limited to a 10-yalm radius.

Phase 2 (Corelyn: Soldier)

Corelyn reappears, having donned modified Garlean armour and wielding a gunblade. She no longer possesses her magitek shield, but deals increased damage and has higher resistances. She no longer calls Magitek Bits, tosses Ceruleum grenades, or uses Magitek Shield Pulse. However, Rosefire is now Empowered Rosefire.

Auto-Attack - Swings her gunblade at the highest enmity target

Empowered Rosefire - [instant, used every 8 seconds] Fires a pink-hued round at a random ranged target. Deals slightly more damage, knocks back 10 yalms, and leaves a much more potent, but still dispellable "burns" debuff.

Survivor's Guilt - [4 second cast, 15-second CD] After a short charge period, Corelyn unleashes a storm of charged slashes in a 10-yalm radius. Deals heavy damage, knocks back 10 yalms, and leaves a stacking damage down debuff for 1 minute.

Melt Armour - [instant, 7-second CD] Blasts the highest-enmity target with a superheated round, dealing moderate damage and applying a stacking vulnerability debuff (up to 5) for 20 seconds.

HM Differences:

Most mechanics remain the same with few differences:

Phase 1:

- Rosefire will leave smaller burning areas on the ground as well. If the Burning Ceruleum areas from Ceruleum Grenades and Rosefire touch, they explode and deal heavy damage to the entire area.

- 2 extra Magitek Bits are spawned per summon.

- Uses Melt Armour in Phase 1 as well.

Ultimate:

- Sabotaged magitek armours will now also use magitek cannon on random ranged party members, dealing moderate damage in a 10-yalm radius.

- Explosion radius of armours increased to 15 yalms.

Phase 2:

- Ceruleum Burn - [instant, 10-second cooldown] Burns the highest enmity target with a ceruleum backblast, dealing high damage and inflicting a potent, but dispellable "burns" debuff.

- Survivor's Guilt now reduces all targets hit to half HP and applies 1 minute of febrile instead of damage down.

- Ceruleum Grenades are still used, and Empowered Rosefire also leaves explosive areas on the ground.

Ex Differences:

Most mechanics remain the same plus all in HM with few differences:

Phase 1:

- Corelyn will have a persistent, non-targetable Magitek Bit above her that will fire a beam in random directions. This beam does more damage than the normal bits and will stun for 3 seconds.

- Magitek Bits are shielded. Damage can only be dealt from within 5 yalms and all players within 5 yalms take persistent electric damage every 2 seconds.

Ultimate:

- An alarum is raised and an imperial mechanic will appear with each armour, casting "heals" on it that must be interrupted. This is a high-HP add that can only be killed by Leveller.

- Explosion radius of armours increased to 20 yalms. Safe spaces are very small

Phase 2:

- Ceruleum Burn will now stun the target for 3 seconds if afflicted by more than 1 stack of Melt Armour's vulnerability.

- 6 Magitek Bits are summoned at 30% and then again at 15%.

(THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THIS TRAVESTY)

“Oh, thank goodness you’ve arrived...! Wait… you’re not the sous-chef...  oh, no… oh, no no no no no no... The master is due back tonight from his jaunt in Costa, you see, and in utter defiance of all probability and worldly benevolence, the serving staff have all taken ill at the same time! Here, sir/miss, my linkpearl--if you have any comrades, any at all, who might be compelled to assist, contact them immediately! Dinner begins at sixth bell tonight. Bring colleagues of infinite patience and steady hand. May the gods have mercy on us all.” ~ Gideon North

Quest Name: Class War Fare

Trial: The Manse

The Manse is a Crafter level 50 trial requiring a party of 8 adventurers to buttle, valet, and serve the residents of Taeros Manse to the best of their ability, and see the night through to a successful send-off dinner.

4 Culinarian

2 Weaver or 2 Leatherworker or 1 Weaver, 1 Leatherworker

1 Goldsmith

1 Alchemist

• All party members are auto-glamoured into formalwear upon entering this instance.
  • The Echo now applies to CP, Control, and Craftsmanship.
  • Health will not regenerate while in The Manse.

The manse is split into four areas: The Foyer, The Kitchens, The Dining Hall, and The Chambers.

Two units will roam the area in randomly generated paths: Master Taeros and Young Master Jonathan. Madam Crofte will remain at a fixed point in The Chambers. Mister North will remain at a fixed point in The Foyer. Should any of The Manse’s residents be dissatisfied with your performance, they will cast Haughty Gaze, an undodgeable spell that will reduce your HP by ⅓ of max and temporarily reduce CP to 0.

The trade function is enabled for the duration of this trial.

To clear this trial, a target point total equivalent to a combined item level of ### must be reached. To reach this target, Culinarians must craft meals during Phase 1 to deliver to the dining table in Phase 2. Each meal carries a point value that corresponds to the difficulty required to craft it, with bonus points awarded for meals specifically requested by Taeros and bonus points awarded for HQ meals.

Phase One - Preparation

The Master (Tank): Master Taeros requires at least one Party member to be present within ten fulms of him at all times, but out of his field of vision. Obstructing the master’s path will result in immediate release from service, reducing HP to 0. Death animation still plays as normal. Should Master Taeros be left alone for thirty seconds, he will gain a stacking buff, Unattended. Upon reaching three stacks, Master Taeros will Call Out for a manservant. CP for all party members will gradually deplete until one Party member attends to Master Taeros with a /bow, at which time the stacks will drop off. Hard Mode: Taeros will occasionally request a particular grimoire or codex. This item must be crafted by an Alchemist and delivered within one (1) minute, or else Taeros will gain one Dissatisfaction stack.

The Child (Tank): At random intervals during the trial, Young Master Jonathan will move from room to room, making a mess of objects. He can be temporarily sated by being given a candy; he will cease movement while consuming the candy. For each candy Jonathan eats, he will gain a stack of Hyperactive buff. Each additional stack will reduce the amount of time a candy lasts and increase his movement speed. Repairs and replacements must be made by a GSM. Should Master Taeros come into Line of Sight with a damaged object, he will cease his wandering and Call Out for a manservant. CP for all party members will gradually deplete until the damage objected is repaired or replaced. The materials for repairs and replacements can be requested and received from Gideon North in The Foyer. There is a one minute cooldown for request and receipt of GSM materials. Candies must be fetched from the pantries in The Kitchen or from Gideon North; there is no cooldown for receipt of candies. Hard Mode: Jonathon will occasionally request a particular dye. This color must be crafted by and delivered within one (1) minutes, or else Jonathon will gain two Dissatisfaction stacks. Upon receipt of a dye, Jonathon gains one Mischief stack and will spend one stack upon coming within three fulms of a Party member. That Party member will gain the debuff Painted, auto-dying their entire gear set in the color provided. This debuff can only be removed and the gear set returned to default colors by having the debuffed Party member deliver a Grade 1 Dissolvent to Gideon North. Should Master Taeros come within Line of Sight of a Painted Party member, he will gain one Dissatisfaction stack.

The Dinner (DPS): As a team, the Culinarians must attend to various crafting stands throughout the kitchen, and within the time provided, complete meals with a combined item level of ###. No two food items may be the same. Culinarians will receive CP upon successfully crafting specific requests and they will receive a temporary Control buff for crafting a HQ meal. Ingredients must be fetched from the pantries, the cellar in The Kitchen, and Gideon North (though his distance from the kitchen makes him a suboptimal source); there is no cooldown for receipt of CUL ingredients. Culinarians must be prepared to be called away from their duties to assist with the Healer and Tank’s duties, though leaving their stand unattended for too long will result in the fire crystals powering the burner overheating.

Taeros will open the evening with a specific request for a certain type of meal. Foodstuffs crafted that satisfy the given statistic will count for bonus points towards the goal.

“Would you have me starve surrounded by a full pantry, man/woman? It has been a grueling trip. I require something… substantial, something filling.”

+Vitality foods

“Tomorrow will demand much of me. One must steel themselves with the means at hand… and a good dinner might embolden a man as much as sate him, wouldn’t you say?”

+Strength foods

“The world weighs heavily upon my shoulders tonight, I’m afraid. Have you anything that might bolster a man’s spirit? Renew his very zest for life?”

+Determination foods

Hard Mode: Sous-Chef Bellveil will occasionally enter the kitchen every so often and demand a taste test. Culinarians must work together to deliver three requested HQ meals to Bellveil within one (1) minute. Should the Culinarians fail to deliver, one will be randomly selected for dismissal from service, reducing their HP to 0.

The Madam (Healer): Madam Crofte must be attended to in her room within The Chambers by at least one Weaver or Leatherworker. Her health will gradually deplete over time. A series of outfits must be crafted for her, comprised of Chest, Hands, Legs, and Feet. Upon delivery of each new piece of clothing to her, Madam Crofte will be healed for 25% of her maximum health. Should a spare piece of clothing be delivered to her before an outfit is completed (i.e., two Hands pieces in a row), the madam will gain the debuff Consternated in addition to casting Haughty Gaze. While debuffed, the madam cannot be healed. The debuff can only be removed by successful delivery of a HQ piece that counts as progress towards an outfit. Should Madam Crofte’s health reach 0, she will retire to her bed and will not attend dinner, resulting in a hard enrage upon Master Taeros noting her absence. The materials for the outfits can be requested and received from Gideon North in The Foyer. There is a one minute cooldown for request and receipt of WVR and LTW materials. Hard Mode: Crofte will occasionally request a particular piece of jewelry. This item must be crafted by a Goldsmith and delivered within two (2) minutes, or else Crofte will gain one Dissatisfaction stack.

Phase Two - Dinner

Once every minute, Master Taeros will call for a new course to be brought to the dining table. Meals must be delivered in the order they were originally requested, or else no points will be received for delivery. Successful completion of this trial requires that the target point total equivalent to a combined item level of ### be reached before Taeros calls an end to dinner. Should Madam Crofte be absent for dinner, Phase 2 will default to a hard enrage, setting the target goal to 150% of the original value. Hard Mode: Each stack of Dissatisfaction present at the dining table will reduce point rewards by 10% of the original point reward value. Furthermore, Taeros will occasionally subtly indicate a dinner guest and communicate through body language and verbal cues whether he wishes them to retire early or be given a dose of latent poison. An Alchemist must craft the requested Sleep or Poison potions and deliver them to Gideon North so that he may administer the drinks. Failure to deliver each potion will result in the value of one specifically requested HQ meal being added to the target goal of points per potion not delivered. Delivering a HQ Potent potion will result in that same value being detracted from the target goal of points. Delivering the wrong potion at the wrong time will result in Taeros gaining one Dissatisfaction stack.

HARD MODE QUEST: The Importance of Being Furnished

Master Taeros is, regrettably, short-staffed once more--and on the night of his celebratory dinner for some honored Ul’dahn guests! The (in)famous Dubious Distributions company has even been called upon to cater. It would be a shame indeed if such efforts and provisions were to go to waste. North hopes he can count on your continued support, in such trying times. Just be careful not to mix up the drinks meant for the guests. Some say Ishgardian Crystwine is an acquired taste... though they often don't say it for very long.

Trial Completion Rewards:

Constant: 40 Allagan Tomestones of Decorum (exchangeable for elegant, formal Sunsilk gear)

Variable: 1 Master recipe book

1 Wind-up Taeros

I think I had too much fun writing this...

Quest: Out of the Bag

Trial: Manhunt - Light Party (1 tank, 1 healer, 2 damage)

Wanted by the Brass Blades: Jadoth Bloodreign - thief, fugitive, self-proclaimed hero, suspected leader of a bandit ring. Target is considered armed and dangerous. Use any nonlethal means necessary to subdue him. Keep him alive for questioning; we have no use for a corpse.

Abilities

Heroic Strike: Deals a large amount of physical damage in a semicircle in front of him.

Cut and Run: Deals a small amount of physical damage to current target, then dashes to a random target and deals a large amount of physical damage.

Mercy (Passive): Jadoth will not directly attack any party member who is below 5% health. Cannot be active while Righteous Fury is active.

Phase 2 (85% HP)

Upon entering Phase 2, Cat joins the battle. She is a low-HP, high-damage add that will fixate on a random party member, focusing her attacks on them for 5-second intervals before moving to a different party member.

Righteous Fury (Passive): Jadoth enrages, gaining 20% additional damage dealt every 5 seconds. This effect stacks and cannot be active while Mercy is active. Only triggers upon the death of Cat.

Pounce: Cat leaps onto a random party member and stuns them for 4 seconds.

Pounce, Part II: Jadoth charges towards the party member targetted by Pounce and deals a large amount of physical damage in a 10-yalm radius.

Phase 3 (40% HP)

The Littlest Huntress (Passive): Cat will now target the party member with the lowest current health when she changes targets.

Deflect: Jadoth reflects the next harmful ability that would affect him towards the person who used it.

Go for the Eyes!: Cat inflicts a damage-over-time effect on her current target with a duration of 16 seconds.

Quotes

Aggro: "It was the Brass Blades who sent you, right?"

Phase 2 transition: "Cat, no! Get out of here!"

Phase 3 transition: "It doesn't have to be this way! I don't want to fight you!"

Upon defeating a player: "I'm sorry!"

Upon defeat, if Cat is alive: "Is this how it's going to end? Don't let them hurt her..."

Upon defeat, if Cat is defeated: "No... not like this..."

If Cat is defeated: "To hurt something smaller and weaker than yourself is nothing short of unforgivable!"

Upon defeating a player while under the effects of Righteous Fury: "That was for Cat!"

Cutscenes

Success, if Cat is alive: Some Brass Blades arrive to arrest Jadoth. Cat scurries away, vanishing into the shadows for parts unknown.

Success, if Cat is defeated: Some Brass Blades arrive to arrest Jadoth, who struggles and reaches towards Cat as he's dragged away.

Failure, if Cat is alive: Jadoth grabs Cat and they escape by climbing onto a rooftop and running away.

Failure, if Cat is defeated: Jadoth advances towards your kneeling character and raises his sword as the screen fades to black...

Bonus Achievement

The Cat's Meow: Defeat Cat, then defeat Jadoth while he has at least 5 stacks of Righteous Fury.

Trial: Riot Rhythm:

A celebration at the Gold Bazzar has tilted wildly out of control. The local brass blades are no help getting it under control. By the point they've been swept up in the alcohol, sound and the throngs of people that have invaded for this debauched, impromptu, free festival.

At the center of it is a caravan of alcohol, loud music, food, and violent dancing that's beginning to threaten to tear down the entire settlement.  It's owned by a Roe named Hammersmith.  Get in there and end his party before the entire town burns to the ground!

Phase 1: Don't make me get up!

The fight begins with a series of adds

'Sloshed'

These party-goes carry barrels and only want to bring the party to the....party.  They apply a stacking "High Proof" debuff to those in a 5 yard range, every second, that has no duration.  The longer you stay near it, the more debuffs you accumulate..  They move slowly and focus on a single ranged target.  On death they explode.  Anyone in range of the AOE takes damage based on the amount of debuff stacks they have (Too many CAN result in an insta-gib) and gets a "Burning" DoT.  Anyone with a "Burning" DoT has a 5 yard range that can spread to others with the "High Proof" debuff.  This can be used to keep stacks of the debuff low, by one person being set on fire and "burning off" low stacks of the debuff on other people.

These will constantly spawn until the two 'Hammered' mobs are killed.

"Hammered"

These party goers are mean drunks and have mining equipment in hand.  Two spawn, one with a sledge hammer, the other with a mining pick.  The Hammers apply a stacking vulnerability to to the hammer weapon, the pickaxe gives a stacking vulnerability to the pickaxe weapon.  Tanks will need to manage these two with target swaps constantly or risk taking more and more devastating hits.  Each has "Overpower" styled cone attacks so facing will be important.

If either of the 'Hammered' mobs takes a stack of 'High Proof' by being tanked too close to a 'Sloshed' mob, it buffs thier damage per stack of High Proof they have applied to them.  

Tanks will have to be mobile and focus targets of the Sloshed mobs will have to be careful where they lead them. One of the barrel-havers lumbering through the tank party could spell a wipe as the two Hammered mobs turn into very, very angry drunks.

----------------

Phase 2: Please. Let me introduce myself. (100% to 70%)

When the drunks are gone, Hammersmith enters the field by landing in the center of the trial area.  This is an AOE effect with fire damage that will forcefully ignite every remaining "High Proof" DoT on the field, as well as doing middling physical damage.

Hammersmith will have a normal agro table minus the tank with the "Black Cloud" debuff and will pummel and kick whoever is at the top of it.  He has a frontal cone of flame, so melee and casters should not stand in front of him.

"Black Cloud"

He will IMMEDIATELY target one of the two people who had aggro on the Hammered mobs and cast a debuff called "Black Cloud" on them.  This tank will be unable to gain Hate on Hammersmith.  However he will be able to target and gain hate on the "Foul Word" mobs.  This debuff lasts for 1 minute, and then fades.  When it wears off, the tank will be unable to gain hate on the Foul Word mobs, but will be able to target and gain hate on Hammersmith.

"Foul Words"

Every 5% of health removed during phase 2, starting at 100% and counting down, Hammersmith will shout a curse word so obscene it takes shape as a terrible and violent word from the smoke leaking from his mouth and cigar.  This Foul Word mob will cast a room-wide AOE magic damage scream with a 3 second cast time if there is no player in melee range is attacking it.   These need to be picked up, and tanked, by the tank with the "Black Cloud" debuff".

"Devil's Dance Floor"

Hammer will, every time two "Foul Words" die, cast this spell.  Several "safe" circles" will appear on the ground.  After the cast completes the ground outside these circles ignites and anyone outside them takes high fire damage.  The "safe" zones will begin to move until the channeled spell completes, at which point the phase begins to repeat.  It is possible to control when this effect occurs by timing the deaths of the Foul Words, but having any "up" when this effect goes off will certainly mean the party will be out of melee range of a word and taking Scream damage.  Hammersmith is invulnerable during the channeling of this spell.

Ending this phase also triggers an insta-cast "Devil's Dance Floor"

Phase 3: It's a Dead Man's Party (70%-40%)

Hammer will chug a bottle during the final "Devil's Dance Floor" transition, and then set the surrounding caravans on fire.  Anyone stepping outside, or knocked out of bounds, will take high fire damage until they return to the safe interior.

Brass Knuckles: 

During this phase Hammersmith will attack faster and hit harder. He still has his frontal cone, so the two tanks will have to be careful of their positioning so as not to catch the melee in this as Haymaker will mean he will be switching his facing between two targets constantly.  Not having both tanks in the cone during this phase will be helpful.

Haymaker: 

Every third hit will cause the tank to lose some aggro and knock them back.  The two tanks for this fight should do their best to maintain maximum hate at all times, otherwise this ability will allow Hammersmith to break free and start wading into the more squishy DPS and healer brigade. 

Geek the Mages:

A random ranged player will have a skull and crossbones marker over their head.    Shortly there after Hammersmith will hurl a bottle at them.  A large AOE effect will appear around them.  Three seconds after that Hammersmith will snap his finger, at which point the player will explode and take damage. Each other player caught in this effect raises the damage of the primary target and also causes medium AOE damage to those caught in the effect.  Clustered ranged, or stacking near the melee are a certain way to get killed with this effect.  This effect will not overlap with Ball Breaker.  This ability triggers more frequently as Hammersmith's health drops lower and lower.

Ball Breaker:

Every 10% Hammersmith will turn and target a melee ranged player who is not one of the top two on the agro list.  Ball breaker has a 5 second cast time. Players will need to stack on the targeted player.  At the end of the effect Hammersmith will turn and catastrophically kick the targeted player squarely in their....fork, with a screen shake effect, causing knock-back.  The damage will be divided around players stacked in the area, as they share a sympathetic wince, and knockback will be reduced for each player stacked nearby.  A player with no players to share the pain of this hit will almost certainly die from the effect and, if they do not die from it, will find themselves almost certainly landing in the surrounding 'out of bound' fire zones.

Phase 4: Red Right Hand (40%-10%)

Hammersmith will shout and flood the interior of the arena with fire, making the space to move smaller and causing medium AOE damage. He will come out of the ensuring flash and burn with his two handed axe in hand.  The following abilities will all trigger, randomly, except for Greed and Lust, which will be a constant buff during this phase.

"Greed"

Hammersmith attacks slower during this phase but hits MUCH harder.  He gains a wide, long AOE cone that will constantly intersperse with his normal attacks as the axe sweeps through the room.  Every player he hits with the cone attack will make the next one come on a reduced cooldown.

"Lusty"

Every player death on this phase gives Hammer a damage buff.

"Wrath"

Hammersmith will occasionally activate a 5 second buff that causes a AOE fire damage attack to the entire room for every hit that lands.  The tell for this is a loud shout and a smoke-like shield that will cover him for the duration.  Attacking during this is a good way to wipe a raid as the attacks have no cooldown between triggers.  The only attacks that will not trigger a retaliatory explosion will be DOTs that were applied before the shield was cast.  He will completely wipe aggro after this effect ends.  Tanks need to be ready to pick him up as poor pickups can result in the Greed cone attacks hitting the room at bad angles, possibly causing them to chain quickly before people can scatter.

"Pride"

Hammer will hurl an axe at ranged DPS.  If they are within 10 yards of another ranged DPS the axe will ricochet to that player, and will continue to ricochet until it runs out of targets that have not been hit.  This causes more damage for each target that it hits.  The axe will stop jumping targets if it's current target dies from the ricochet.

"Envy"

Hammer will turn, shout "FOOOOOOORE" and golf-swing one of the melee, knocking them back towards one of the ranged.  The melee will be marked with a Golf Ball symbol.  The Ranged will be marked with a Flag.  The cast for this is very quick, and the knockback does high damage to the melee targeted and the ranged if they are HIT by the melee during their knock back.  If this effect kills a player Hammer will scream "HOLE IN ONE.  WHO'S NEXT?"  Players will need to be careful with where Hammer is tanked, and faced, because poor ranging with the fire ring surrounding the room could mean that melee could be punted into the burning out of bounds area.

"Sloth"

Hammer will slow his attacks but take greatly reduced damage from all attacks.  At the end of this buff he'll unleash a high damage attack at whoever is on his agro list.  If someone other than a tank takes this hit they will probably die.

"Gluttony"

Hammer will take a long pull from a bottle and cast a line of fire in front of him that reaches all the way to the edge of the burning area.  He'll then spin, sweeping the entire room.  This is a high damage, moving AOE.

Phase 5: Arsonist's Lullaby (10% to 0%)

Sheep go to Heaven:

Hammer leans his head back and begins to sing.  This is a pure Ultima cast burn.  If it goes off the raid wipes in a pyroclastic explosion of fire.

Quotes:

"Can't hold yez liquor?  I SAID DRINK."

"Move yer feet before I remove em."

"DANCE YEZ BUGGERS. DANCE TILL YEZ DIE."

"SCREAM WITH ME."

"Someone's dead. Take a drink."

"Corpses make dancin difficult"

"FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE"

"Hole in one!"

"Dammit. Bogey."

"We Don't need no water.  Let the motherfucker burn."

Turn a character into an instance hmm, I can do that 8-) can't say I've ever tried designing a raid.

Quest: Heart of the Lost.

Scenario: A'kos Saiyal, an officer for the Maelstrom and courier of letters has been attacked by Imperial Shadows. The only reason he isn't dead now is thanks to the efforts of strange hooded pair, a woman and man's constant efforts to keep Saiyal's mind from slipping away, though his body is healed. What could be causing this slow slip into mental death? The hooded woman means to send you in to find out.

8 man raid: 2 tanks, 3 healers, 3 dps.

The party is transported inside Saiyal's subconscious, the scene resembles a Castrum fortress in poor condition, a prison camp from the looks of the barbed wire and lean-tos. Trash mobs include refugees of various races, an imperial soldier leading the group of some kind and attack.

dogs.

Mechanic: Eliminate the soldier and dog and the rest of the mobs will scatter harmlessly. 50% chance of granting a random player an appreciation buff.

First Boss: Richter Amandus

A hyur boy stands in the middle of a mud pit surrounded by a wring of razor wire holding a pair of knives.

Phase 1: Richter starts by attacking whichever player has the highest appreciation bonus. Attacking with a basic puglist combo and assassinate. Cannot be pulled off the target and tanked normally until the opening attack is finished.

Richter will randomly attack a player with Assassinate, leaving a ground debuff "slick ground" that lowers block/parry/dodge chances. If two or more ground effects overlap, it'll create "Bad footing" and knock a player down for two seconds. If Richter is close to someone knocked down, he'll break off whoever has aggro and pounce on them delivering a "blind fury" attack that does massive damage. Will occasionally attack the party member with the highest appreciation stacks with Assassinate throughout.

Quotes:

I don't want to do this... (when battle starts)

You think you helped!? (Assassinate target)

Better we be allowed to die...(switching to phase 2)

Phase 2: Everything continues from phase one, only now Richter will vanish occasionally and perform the rogue skills "Trick attack" and "Sneak attack." Usually targeting whoever has the lowest amount of appreciation buff stacks.

Quotes:

What did YOU do for them!? (lowest appreciation target)

Think you're helping!? (random)

Oh no... it's to late, JUST GO! (phase 3 start)

Phase Three: An imperial officer rushes out from inside the base and opens up with an line aoe centered on Richter that sends him and any player caught in the aoe flying back. At this point Richter can't be targeted for damage by the players and the officer will focus attacks on him. Aggro grabbing skills will pull the officer away for a very limited amount of time. If Richter's HP falls to 0, it's considered a wipe. Once his HP is restored to full, he'll kill the officer. Officer cannot be killed otherwise.

Appreciation buffed dps will do more damage against the officer, appreciation buffed tanks will take more damage, and appreciation buffed healers get a bonus to heal Richter per heal.

Quotes:

Dog! If you won't fight then...(officer at the start of phase three)

Just let me go (Richter on being healed)

Leave us alone! (Richter killing the Officer)

After the first boss Richter runs away and the party proceeds inside. (Area change)

Inside starts off looking like an Imperial fort, but quickly changes to something more warped, the walls tilting at odd angles, patterns swirled and hazy looking. Everything is generally off.

Mobs include Imperial Shadows and voidsent imps.

Boss: Wasted Youth

Quote: Only one of you will be allowed to leave alive. (Imperial)

Phase 1: Wave battle style. The party is attacked by waves of Imperial Shadows and Imperial Shadowlords. Object is to keep an older Richter alive through the fight. Occasionally other prisoners will spawn, bound around the room. Interacting with them will set them free and give Richter and the player releasing them a buff.

Quote: I'm still here? (Richter, phase 2 start)

Phase 2: Once the waves are over Richter collapses and a greater voidsent spawns, something like the final boss of Dzaemel Darkhold. After the boss falls Richter vanishes and the party can move on.

Quote: He belongs to us! (boss, fight end)

The next area is even more twisted, the fort giving way to something fleshy and dark. Trash mobs are various voidsent.

Boss: Shadow of the Past.

But we flip the script!

Phase 1: The boss resembles a grown hyur blackened out like a shadow. Mechanics for this phase are identical to phases 1 & 2 of the first boss fight. With a couple added mechanics. SotP starts with zero hp. Healers will need to take the roll of dps and heal SotP to full. The entity will attempt to kill them and must be tanked, however the entity will break off and focus a healer, the only way to stop it from attacking is for dps to attack. Periodically 'good memories' will spawn, and interacting with them will make the entity pause whatever it's doing and be stunned for a short duration.

Phase 2: Two adds will spawn, Guilt and Doubt. In addition to attacking like voidsent boss of the second boss fight, they'll target the good memories until defeated.

And we flip the script back!

Phase 3: Shadow entity collapses when his hp reaches the 25% mark, and a new boss spawns. Allowing the healers and dps to go back to their normal modes. Attacks combine the AoE of the voidsents from before as well as Richter's attacks. The 'good memories' have the same function as before, stunning the boss, and now add a vulnerability buff that alternates between physical and magic damage.

When the boss falls, the SotP stands up, "I'm still here.... thank you." and vanishes, Duty Complete!

• 1 month later...

Trial: Battle on the Not-So-Big Bridge, 4 (Normal) 8 (HM/Ex) Player Trial

Highbridge, Eastern Thanalan

Quest: Showing Up the Showdown

"In all his confidence, self-proclaimed blademaster and fellow adventurer Dail'a Naras has challenged you to assemble a group of friends and meet him at Highbridge for a sporting test of arms. However, will his overconfidence be his undoing? He didn't even opt for a one-on-one match..."

Combat Theme:

Phase 1: 

Quotes:

"Hahahahaaaalright! Lesse what ye're all made of!" - At start of fight

"'Eads up!" - on using Rain of Stabbers

"Sorry mate, game over!" - if Lights-Out is triggered

"I'll take on the lot o'ye!" - before using Fury Storm

"Step into m'blendaahh!" - before using Blender (Ex only)

"Fore!" - on using first Launch (Ex only)

"Whew! Why don'we take a quick breather, eh?" - At 45%(Reg/HM) / 40%(Ex) health before Berserk

"Lesse'ow y'andle 'is one!!" - on drawing greatsword for Berserk

"Bugger me, yer still standin'!" - all players survive Leveller

"Off with yer'ead!" - on using, obviously, Off With Your Head

"Y'just don'stop do ye...?" - 10% health

"Ow ow ow ow... okay, okay, I yield! Tha'was fun! We should do it again... after'is nap..." - Upon defeat

Attacks:

Phase 1 (Dail'a: Fighter)

Dail'a engages the party with a longsword and at first, periodically assaulting random party members with throwing knives and colourful leaps.

Auto-Attack - Swings his longsword at the highest enmity target

Rain of Stabbers- [4 second cast, used every 10 seconds] Throws a fan of knives into the air, which rain down over a targeted 10-fulm area for moderate damage and apply a 5-second root.

Lights-Out - [instant, special] Dail'a attempts to finish off anyone with the root debuff from Rain of Stabbers by leaping to them in a flash of movement and striking them between the eyes with a powerful punch. Reduces a player to 1 HP and stuns for 8 seconds.

In Your Face - [instant, used 5 seconds after Rain of Stabbers] Dail'a jumps to a randomly-selected party member and strikes them with his longsword. Deals moderate damage and inflicts a "bleed" debuff dealing approximately 25% of a player's health over 8 seconds that must be healed through.

Fury Storm - [3-second cast, replaces every other In Your Face] Dail'a unleashes a furious flurry of slashes and kicks in a 10-fulm radius around him, dealing moderate damage. Players hit by this are knocked back 15 fulms and stunned for 8 seconds.

Ultimate:

Berserk

At 40% health, Dail'a draws his greatsword and, stabbing it into the ground, is enveloped in dark energy. He lifts off the ground slightly and charges around the battlefield, rushing each living player and cleaving through anyone in his way. Primary targets take heavy damage, but targets in between are reduced to 5% HP. At the end of his rush, he returns to the middle of the battlefield and releases the darkness shrouding him and dealing light damage to the entire party.

Phase 2 (Dail'a: Dark Knight)

After Dail'a is done rushing the players, he wields his greatsword exclusively, empowered by dark magic.

Auto-Attack - Swings his greatsword at the highest enmity target

Off With Your Head - [instant, used every 10 seconds] Dail'a leaps to a randomly-selected party member and strikes them with his greatsword. Deals heavy damage.

Breaker Wave - [5 second cast, 15-second CD] After a short charge period in which his greatsword begins to glow with dark power, Dail'a unleashes a massive circular swing that sends a wave of dark energy out 15 fulms around him which deals heavy damage, knocks all players hit back by 15 fulms, and gives the the debuff "Dark Mark."

Purgation Bomb - [instant, special] Any target with the "Dark Mark" debuff or that is killed by Breaker Wave will suffer an implosion of shadow energy after 5 seconds, taking heavy damage and drawing all players within 20 fulms toward them. Players drawn in are dealt heavy damage, and deal additional damage to the Marked player on collision or to themselves if the imploding player is already dead. If two players or more are drawn in, the Marked player explodes violently, immediately wiping the party.

HM Differences:

Most mechanics remain the same with few differences:

Phase 1:

- Rain of Stabbers now has a 3-second cast time.

- Dail'a now uses In Your Face every 5 seconds after Rain of Stabbers, but every other use is followed up by using Fury Storm on top of the player targeted by In Your Face.

- Lights-Out is now an instant kill mechanic.

Ultimate:

- Targeted players during each rush of Berserk will now explode as Dail'a hits them, dealing the same damage they took to all players within 10 fulms and are stunned for 1 second.

Phase 2:

- Off With Your Head now applies a bleed that will not expire until a player is healed above 90%.

- Breaker Wave now has a 3 second cast time, but the range is reduced to 10 fulms.

- Purgation Bomb wipes the party if 3 or more players are drawn in.(

Ex Differences:

Most mechanics remain the same plus all in HM with some differences and a new phase:

Phase 1:

- If a target is below 50% health after the bleed from In Your Face expires, it will trigger the root Rain of Stabbers and, consequently, Lights-Out.

- Rain of Stabbers now has two target areas - one around himself and the other as normal.

Phase 2 (Dail'a: The Axeman)

- New phase between 1 and Ultimate/2. At 65% health, Dail'a grabs a marauder's greataxe and uses it against the party.

Auto-Attack - Swings his greataxe at the highest enmity target - this cleaves in a cone in front of him

Launch- [2 second cast, used every 10 seconds] Launches the second-highest enmity target in melee range toward a random ranged target. If no other melee targets are available, he will use it on the highest-enmity target. Primary target takes heavy damage on hit and on colliding with another player. Ranged player takes moderate damage and is stunned for 2 seconds.

Shatter - [instant, used every 4 seconds] Dail'a slams his greataxe into the ground, causing stone shrapnel to fly out at the entire party, dealing moderate damage.

Blender - [5 second cast, used after every other launch] Dail'a winds up, then spins around with his greataxe, attempting to dice everyone within 10 fulms. Deals heavy damage, knocks players hit back by 10 fulms and stuns for 8 seconds. Stunned targets take 200% damage from Shatter.

Ultimate:

- Berserk is not used until 35% health.

- Explosion radius of players hit by charges increased to 15 yalms. Players caught in between Dail'a and his charge target are now killed outright.

Phase 3:

- Greatsword auto-attacks now have the same cleave as greataxe autoattacks.

- Purgation Bomb now triggers if any players are dragged in by Dark Mark, but instead deals massive damage to all players in a 40 fulm radius.

Simple sketch, I'll expand on it later hopefully!

The Magpie's Nest:

Found in Western La Noscea

3 Boss fights:

Gregor the Tainted:

"Give up, I have already won."

The first battle would take place in a moonlit garden. Gregor himself would be a simple tank and spank. However, during the fight, un-aggroable adds would spawn slowly making their way to the center of the garden where a fountain stood. Upon reaching the fountain, they would engulf it slowly corrupting it. Each time this happens, Gregor's strength is increased until he becomes impossible to kill. These adds are unkillable by normal means. Instead a party member must 'Sacrifice' themselves in place of the statue for each add. Doing so gives them a debuff that lowers their stats/speed. Basically, it becomes a fight of strategic self sacrifice until the boss is dead (Too much healer sacrifice would kill the tank. Too much DPS sacrifice would make the battle too long, etc.).

Flight:

"There is nothing left for you here."

This would have a classic 'Demon wall' Mechanic. Basically, the battle would happen in a long hall (It would actually be a village street). Mobs would constantly spawn ahead of the party while a dark wall would creep towards them from behind. If they fall into the darkness, they lose. However, the further they progress forward, the more mobs spawn. It's basically a glorified DPS check while the party has to constantly be on the move. Kill enemies fast enough as not to be overwhelmed moving forward.

Demon within:

"Only corruption can fight corruption."

This battle would have no definable boss. Instead, the floor would start half light and half dark. Standing in one color or the other too long will spawn a light or dark mirror of the party opposite of the color stood on. Upon killing the mirror, the opposite color will spread out on the ground (IE: If you stand in dark, light mirrors of the party will spawn, killing them will cause the floor to become more dark.)  This continues until either the entire floor is light or the entire floor is dark. At which pieces of either Dark Knight armor or Paladin armor will drop, respectively.

This fight is obviously inspired by FFIV.

The Merchant of Arcana

Our guild master has been acting strange as of late. He's been obsessed with this "Apocalypse" book he created in his lab in the Mist. After fighting Lady Iceheart's heretics he's changed. He locked himself up in his lab for days on end...I went to check on him and I found this note saying he's at fault or something. That doesn't matter! He's our guild master! Please snap some sense into him!- Tatali Tali

Confront the Leader of 8 Bitte no Pettan!

Trial Fight. 8 Person Party.

The actual trial takes place in a cave on the Isles of Umbra. It's simple cave except for along the walls various versions of 'Zachary' are shown from child hood to adult. the each work on a different project or objective in the background while mumbling "The...world..."

The cutscene plays showing a crystal descending of purple ice stopping above the arena. A book flutters open and in the air a voice is heard.

"It's....so cold..........so very cold...the end........is freezing.."

Phase 1-Crystal HP 100%-The crystal gives off a eerie light.NguIpRFLM4M

'Apocalypse' (floats in the center of the arena in the air unaggroable will drop only Ruin V AOEs.)

Ruin V-a random AOE circle will spawn on a healer or dps leaving behind a cursed marking for 15 sconds. If 3 curses are stacked on a player they die once the timer hits 0.

Strength(Zach As a Maurader)

Upon Spawning:"I must....train my body.....like he wished...."

*Will get a attack buff for every time he his hit with a stun*

Overpower-Classic Aoe does this often with auto attack

Reckless Charge-Randomly targets and charges into someone stunning them will use weight of labor after words.

Weight of Labor-Cuts whoever gets hits by this hp in half. Can be stunned.

The Hanged Man(Zach as a Ninja)"I can't trust.....those who ...abandon..."

Mark of Despair-Randomly marks a player and will cast 5 aoe lines. Marked Player is OHKO if any of those lines hit. No damage is taken for anyone else in the aoe. 

Poision Embrace-Throws a poison smoke bomb down and poisons those around him warping to the highest hp player to use Kuushin no Asura 

Kuushin No Morbo-Binds the player and does 8 back to back attacks. Leaving the player Poisoned, Blind,Heavy,Paralyzed, Slow, Bleeding, Silent,  and Pacification. Can only do this once every 5 minutes

Wheel Of Fortune(Zach as a Machinst)"My fortune.....will shape....this world"

Jack Pot-Will randomly shot someone 3 times rapidly.

Lucky Shot

Roulette Surprise-Throws out a turret, a bomb, or a sheild. They either will attack players, Cast a Large heavy damage aoe, or render a character invulnerable for 5 seconds. They can be broken before they activate

*Each Add once defeated takes 10% hp from the crystal.*

Phase 2-Crystal Hp-50%-The Crystal appears to be cracking.

Apocalypse circles the arena now casting. 3 Aoes randomly on dps and healers being Quake IV, Fire IV, Aero IV,Thunder IV, or Blizzard IV.

Death(Zach As a Dark Knight)*cannot die until scholar has been defeated will be stuck at one percent until scholars death*

Upon Spawning: "My hopelessness...... will make me stronger..."

*Cannot be killed until all other Adds have been defeated.

Hard Slash-Basic Slash attack

Dark Embrace-Circle Aoe pulls and stuns for 2 seconds anyone caught.

Dance of the Void-Charges and unleashes several slashes on whoever is currently aggro'd

Dead Man Walking-The instant the scholar falls. He consumes the crystals hp and his own to do a room wide circle slash. The damage depends on his current hp if its at 1% it only does 1000 for every 5% it is it does another 1000. Wiping usually at 30-40%*

Temperance(Zach as a Scholar)

Upon Spawning:"A balance... in life......to prevent death."

*Cannot be damaged until both Eos and Selene have been defeated. if one is defeated but the other isn't for 5 minutes then he will summon a replacement*

Phyisck II-Heals for 150 Potency

Ruin II-Aoe Cast on a random player.

The Sun(A Twisted purple Eos)"..."

Protect the Soul-Nullifies all damage for 5 seconds one one of the Zachs is recasted every 40 seconds.

Heal the Wounds-Heals the lowest ADD for 2500hp every 10 seconds. Gives the "Warm Love" Buff for 20 seconds if 3 of these are stacks the target gets a regen effect for 5000hp per 5 seconds for 30 seconds

The Moon(A Twisted black Selene)"..."

Silence the Voices-Silences a player this is cast on for 10 seconds can be esuna'd

Aero III-A basic AOE wind attack.

Final Phase-Crystal 0%-The Fool shall be the downfall of us all. aCyd_QjctDQ

(Cutscene)

*The crystal explodes into shining fragments exposing A slumbering Zachary. Apocalypse and Zachary slowly descend into the middle of the room. He opens his eyes and one hand plucks apocalypse from the air.* "This is the beginning....of the end."

The Fool(Zach as an Summoner)"I.....will save...everyone..."

Burn/Dodge Fest Zach wont move from the Center but at each 10% of health lost he grants a short invulnerability as his summon changes and while he talks but goes away once the summon starts attacking.

100%"..The heavens shall pass judgment..."

Bolt of Judgment* Ramuh appears midair with AOEs popping every 25 seconds on all healers and DPS. Gives Paralyze status if hits.*

80%"the winds shall cut down those deemed unworthy..."

Winds of Conquest*Garuda appears and uses Aerial Blast wiping any cut in it move behind her to dodge she repeats this until the next 10% is hit.*

60%"And the lands shall be  cleansed with fire....."

Flames of War*Ifrit Appears and sends line AOES of fire randomly targeting party members. A burning effect last for 10 seconds* 

40%"The earth shall shall devour the waste......."

Rumble Of Famine*Titan Appears and uses weight of the land and 5 stomps and 3 way lanslides*

20%"And death itself shall finally collect what's due....."

Rider Of Death *Odin Appears and cast Shin-Zantetsuken. You have 30 seconds to get zach to 5%*

"The waters of life shall flow freely........."

5% Tide of Rebirth* Zach becomes invulnerable and drags everyone to the center with a whirlpool with Levithan.*

"As if ice melting the world begins....."

Clean Slate Shiva appears and freezes everyone Zach included.

"a..no....not.....this.....NO!NO!      NO NO NO! I don't..I DON'T WANT TO DIE!"

The trial ends with Shiva releasing everyone as Zach falls to his hands and knees Apocalypse in front of him. A black mist rises and dissipates from the book. The party runs to his aid.

Thank you...I have no idea what was happening ,but you helped us! Zach will explain everything once he's nursed back to full health. Please come talk to us then!-Tatali Tali

• 2 weeks later...

Our Demise - 8-man trial (2 tanks, 2 healers, 4 DPS)

"The Temple Knights require your aid in putting down a Dark Knight accused of killing multiple knights and nobles and aiding heretics in their schemes. Kill her before she commits other crimes."

Phase 1:

This phase is against Isaulde alone. At certain points of the fight, she will summon Abyss Sprites and Isaulde's Anguish.

Quotes:

"Fine! If you really believe the Knights' lies, then so be it!" - at the beginning of the fight.

"My anger, pain, and sadness shall be your demise!" - when summoning Abyss Sprites.

"I won't fall - I swore to protect the weak from the wicked!" when Anguish adds are killed.

"Has it... really come to this?" when killed.

Attacks:

Auto-attack: Every 3 seconds, deals ~3k damage unmitigated.

Delirium: Cleave attack, deals ~4.5k damage to everyone in front of her.

Souleater: Deals ~9k damage unmitigated and absorbs damage dealt.

Low Blow: Deals ~1k damage and stuns the tank. Followed by Plunge.

Plunge: After Low Blow, attacks a random party member (excluding the tank), dealing ~6k damage unmitigated. Followed by Dark Passenger.

Dark Passenger: Line AoE, executed after Plunge, deals ~18k damage unmitigated, making it an istant kill for everyone except tanks.

Unleash: At 70% and 30% of her health, she summons adds called Abyss Sprites, who will slowly move towards her. If killed before they reach her, they'll use Unleash, dealing ~3k to the whole party; otherwise, they'll increase the damage dealt by Dark Force.

Dark Force: Used at the end of the Abyss Sprites phase, deals ~7.5k damage to the whole party, plus an additional ~1k per Abyss Sprite who reached her.

Anguish: Used at 50%, she summons two adds called Isaulde's Anguish. They need to be tanked by the off-tank. They use a simplified version of Isaulde's moveset, just auto-attacking and alternating Souleater between each other.

To be continued because I'm too lazy to write the second phase now...