Anybody trying out Frontlines?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool that they added a multiplier. I actually just unlocked Frontlines myself. I need some Maelstrom folks to queue with!

Take me with you! *clings to the nearest Maelstrom Frontliner's leg, despite being a rather large Roegadyn* 

Also:

Maelstrom just wins wins wins no matter what, it’s sea swallows all and I can never get enough…

*Ahem*...Apologies for that outburst of totally biased Grand Company patriotism!

Best community rep ever. <3

My thoughts on Frontlines are as follows:

You WILL win once, and it'll feel pretty awesome.

After that, you will lose forever and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and SEETHE.

Quoted for truth.

Also, I hate it when a whole party focuses on me (WHM) and no one from my party does anything to help me ;_;

I wonder if there's simply nothing others can do, I actually don't know.

If there's another -competent- healer in your group, it's very very hard to kill you.

Fixed. I've seen groups with 3-5 heals eat it because they either don't work together, or know Wtf they are doing.

Fixed. I've seen groups with 3-5 heals eat it because they either don't work together, or know Wtf they are doing.

Well, yes.

But that's why it's just like AB.  :D

If you get into a brain dead group, it'll end up scattered all over the map with the healers turning in circles and gazing at their navels!

In one match today we were faced with 4-5 healers and I was so tempted to just say "This is hopeless, why are we wasting our time here?" but then they started dropping liked flies, haha.

In any case, can someone explain to me the add spawns and how many points they give? Including the big one and the times that they all appear.

In any case, can someone explain to me the add spawns and how many points they give? Including the big one and the times that they all appear.

Drones spawn in sets of six and are worth 20 points each. The initial wave spawns at 27:00, with each subsequent wave spawning approximately 3 minutes after the time of death on the last drone killed in the first wave.

The Node spawns roughly around 21:30, and is worth 200 points.

Killing a player will award 3 points, stealing a flag from an enemy will reward 10 points, and successfully capturing a flag will also award 10 points. (So, 20 if you remove their control and gain control.)

Lastly, points gained from controlling flags scales by a multiplier of 2 based on how many points you hold. One flag generates 1 point every 3 seconds, two flags generate 2 points, three flags generates 4 points, four generates 8 points, etc.

Thank you very much. Now how about outpost defence? Is it worth leaving a lone tank from Alliance B to deter easy steals from enemy teams or is that subjective?

From my experience, anyone will do, depending on whether Team B has enough tanks/dps/healers (for example, if the team only has one tank to help peel opponents off its healers, it shouldn't send the tank to guard the outpost). The outpost's defender's job isn't really to fight off all enemies, but to let the Alliance channel know that there are enemies "incoming." Once the entire Alliance knows, people, whether they be in Team A, B, or C, will usually stop by to protect the outpost.

Thank you very much. Now how about outpost defence? Is it worth leaving a lone tank from Alliance B to deter easy steals from enemy teams or is that subjective?

From my experience, anyone will do, depending on whether Team B has enough tanks/dps/healers (for example, if the team only has one tank to help peel opponents off its healers, it shouldn't send the tank to guard the outpost). The outpost's defender's job isn't really to fight off all enemies, but to let the Alliance channel know that there are enemies "incoming." Once the entire Alliance knows, people, whether they be in Team A, B, or C, will usually stop by to protect the outpost.

Okay ^^  Thank you very much for your insight, I really appreciate it.