Anybody trying out Frontlines?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frontlines will not be the same as Wolves' Den (so regular PVP). Morale won't count so having PVP gear or not does not matter.

What you will have to worry about is that people's gear will be synced to i80. So if your own gear is lower than that you may be at a a disadvantage with most i90+ Casters sound like they'd be very good in PVP and Frontlines in 2.3.

@ExKage: Thanks for the info! Since my gear is way lower than level i80, I still sorta benefit from this arrangement.

@Clover: Yeah, PvP seems like a intimidating beast, doesn't it? Maybe you and I can team up so we can die together :thumbsup:. Really, though, having someone to share the pressure should make things fun rather than completely nerve-racking.

I'm going to be hitting the frontlines as much as I can, if I end up liking it ^^ I very much want the horsie. I'm immortal flames, so we can team up if that's a possibility. I'm not a big PvP geek or anything, I just like to be like LEEEEROY *PEWPEWPEW* *ARGH* *DRAMATICDEATHSCENE*

Frontlines is awesome! I think so, anyway.

The Que for it however, is not. To my understanding, if someone out of the 72 cancel or don't accept it resets. So you can imagine how that can go. T.T

I wish it worked like how battlegrounds worked in Tera. You'd be sent in regardless, unless you cancel. If you're afk, you'd get kicked after a minute or two. Allowing someone else to quickly join.

Though the lack of morale sounds kinda of disappointing...

I understand but it makes sense or people like me who just avoid the Wolves Den at all costs won't get soul-crushed in the first 5 seconds in Frontlines, rage quit and never come back. xD  I recall Yoshi saying they wanted it accessible to all players. :)

I feel like Wolves' Den has been made obsolete.

Whether or not your grand company wins you actually get nice rewards (exp and wolf marks wise) as the companies are ranked, 1-2-3. You always get a reward and it seems sorta decent.

I think this means morale/pvp gear are all now -just- vanity. Which I guess is fine. I'm not butthurt about it.

I -am- butthurt about the queues though. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/4c21d3bf85cb6f65e6b11298f7826c9b66cff4ab

I feel like Wolves' Den has been made obsolete.

Whether or not your grand company wins you actually get nice rewards (exp and wolf marks wise) as the companies are ranked, 1-2-3. You always get a reward and it seems sorta decent.

I think this means morale/pvp gear are all now -just- vanity. Which I guess is fine. I'm not butthurt about it.

I -am- butthurt about the queues though. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/4c21d3bf85cb6f65e6b11298f7826c9b66cff4ab

And considering how pretty the gear is, I'm perfectly okay with them being placed in vanity status. Like Super Smash Bros. or Mario Kart (yeah, it's distant for an analogy), there's a lot of fun to starting a match on a more-or-less equal slate so that we can use tactics and pure-dumb-luck to win/lose/have a lovely time. Hopefully, Square-Enix will add many game mode varieties in the future.

Oh, and it looks like Yoshi-P and co. are going to fix the queue issue. Yay!

It's almost as if Square announcing they will change how Frontlines queues work changed people from trying to match up their entire Grand Company alliance into the same match.

Or the queue droppers.

I have been able to get into frontlines a little faster.

... A little.

IMMORTAL FLAMES WILL DOMINATE ALL. FIRE BURN *coughcough*

It's been my experience that Maelstrom and Immortal Flames are forces to contend with in Frontlines. Several matches and it was either close or IF won by several hundred points.

I wouldn't mind teaming up with someone in order to try it out. It looks like a lot of fun! I don't have many in-game contacts at the moment so it'd be an excellent way to remedy that.

Are you a Twin Adder? I you want to, we could team up. :D

@ExKage: I, on the other hand, can't predict which team will win in a given match; sometimes, Twin Adder's teamwork is amazing and we lead the entire match. Other times, nearly no one uses Alliance chat, so you can guess what happens...

No... Immortal Flames only really seemed to do well for the first few days.

... now i just seem to lose endlessly. ; ;

That's my story in the Adder. The very first day I tried the Frontlines, we kept winning non stop. Now it's just not possible *laughs*.

It still has been a lot of fun. I'm surprised I could enjoy PVP this much! I'm trying to level up my PVP rank just to be able to equip the nice looking PVP gear.

Go Adders!

I find that the Adders loose as much as they win when I play. I was afraid Dragoons might not be so good in Frontlines, but now that I've learned a few tricks, I must say I enjoy being a Dragoon and scaring the hell out of everyone except tanks.

I love hunting Blackmages xD They are so squishy. I just squish dem. It's always hilarious when the Monks try to take me on. They are like angry monkeys.

But Bards, I hate Bards! It's like trying to play tag with someone who is flinging arrows at you.

I find that tanks get cocky because they are so hard to kill. I had a Paladin take me on right after I had to take down a fellow Dragoon. He probably thought that there was no way a Derpgoon could kill him in a one-on-one fight. I stunned him then LBed him xD

That took him down flat. It was probably not the best use of an LB but it felt soooo good using it to kill a tank. "Oh, I thought you wanted me to LB? That's usually all I am considered good for, right?".

Sweet vengeance. :evil:

Yes, I admit, this post was a bit crazy.

I really enjoy Frontlines, especially as a black mage. The rewards are good (50 myth, 25 soldiery) and while everyone is out to win I see it as a nice break from whatever grind I'm doing at the time.

I love hunting Blackmages xD They are so squishy. I just squish dem.

:cry:

I JUST PEACEFULLY WANT TO END THIS FIGHT. Go to sleep please! ;p

((So I can burn you))

I still find it ridiculous that a monk who was fighting me one on one decided to LB me. :c A BLM. Wry you do dis?! It's ok though. They got smooshed by Natalie and the rest of my team who came back. And I got raised. Natalie: Lol it's a good thing cover wore off when he used it!

:cry:

Once I ended up fighting another monk at manors. It was lolzy.

SO MUCH FLAILING.

The animations were awesome though.

It would be moments like those when I wish there were more dodge and block animations because I see this fight devolving into something out of a kung-fu movie if animated properly. Regardless, it must have been fun to partake in.