Anybody trying out Frontlines?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels a lot like Arathi Basin in WoW, complete with half your team going to the wrong flag, no one wanting to defend, people fighting on the road, and people screaming at each other in Alliance chat.

>.>

<.<

And healers not getting defended!  Dammit!

Pssst. You are a WHM.

Or just plain healer.

You are very strong when you have 2 in one party.

If you have 3, you pretty much have to be LB'd to go down.

Attunement, Divine Seal, Regen, etc are very very useful for you and makes my DPS cry ; ;

My thoughts on Frontlines are as follows:

You WILL win once, and it'll feel pretty awesome.

After that, you will lose forever and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and SEETHE.

Scholars are fairly overpowered, especially in packs with white mages.

The Black Mage sleeps are the most underutilized mechanic in PvP, considering how insanely powerful they can be if you single target DPS focus.

Dragoons are finally popular for a good reason.

I hate Bards so much for interrupting my casting.

Ul'dah is hilariously bad.

Gridania can go lick a tree.

Maelstrom represent.

After that, you will lose forever and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and hate and SEETHE.

Scholars are fairly overpowered, especially in packs with white mages.

The Black Mage sleeps are the most underutilized mechanic in PvP, considering how insanely powerful they can be if you single target DPS focus.

Dragoons are finally popular for a good reason.

I hate Bards so much for interrupting my casting.

Ul'dah is hilariously bad.

Gridania can go lick a tree.

Maelstrom represent.

You. *points* I like you.

Pssst. You are a WHM.

Or just plain healer.

You are very strong when you have 2 in one party.

If you have 3, you pretty much have to be LB'd to go down.

Attunement, Divine Seal, Regen, etc are very very useful for you and makes my DPS cry ; ;

Yeah, I just keep getting stuck into parties by myself.

Then I'm sitting bait.

Then I'm sitting bait.

*pat*

Let me tell you all why Immortal Flames is starting to be so bad.

Alliance chat goes into "A TEMPLE. B MID WHEN SPAWN BUT HELP A OR C. C MARKETS"

Then proceed to have everyone go to mid etc.

And people don't want to KEEP their outposts..

Then I'm sitting bait.

*pat*

Let me tell you all why Immortal Flames is starting to be so bad.

Alliance chat goes into "A TEMPLE. B MID WHEN SPAWN BUT HELP A OR C. C MARKETS"

Then proceed to have everyone go to mid etc.

And people don't want to KEEP their outposts..

It's Arathi Basin.

No, really.

rl1WP1YCiw0

Go to 2:24 and it will explain everything you need to know.

I don't know what this means and I can't watch it at work ; ;

Arathi Basin and Frontlines are almost identical (save for the stuff in the middle that you actually need).

1) No one wants to defend.

2) Everyone wants to fight on the road/in the middle

3) No one will listen to anyone else

4) BUT I NEED HONORABLE KILLS.

Arathi Basin and Frontlines are almost identical (save for the stuff in the middle that you actually need).

Huh, this hasn't been my experience in there, but I play at odd hours. Is that how it is with the primetime crowd?

Huh, this hasn't been my experience in there, but I play at odd hours. Is that how it is with the primetime crowd?

not sure, I've been playing randomly.  I think it can also depend on your GC.  :D

I'm no good at defending flags by my lonesome.

Quoted for truth.

Also, I hate it when a whole party focuses on me (WHM) and no one from my party does anything to help me ;_;

I wonder if there's simply nothing others can do, I actually don't know.

Quoted for truth.

Also, I hate it when a whole party focuses on me (WHM) and no one from my party does anything to help me ;_;

PLD should have used Tetsudo and/or Cover.

"I'm totally surprised a whole bunch of random strangers suck at organization and can't listen to instructions or follow orders!"

Said nobody ever.

Maybe one day I'll find an MMO that actually has PvP that doesn't feel like either an utterly demoralizing curbstomp when you lose, or an utterly boring curbstomp when you win.

Wildstar's kinda close. Not quite, but it's certainly a bit better.

Quoted for truth.

Well excuse me. I guess I will stop trying and marking your assailants then since its obviously such an embarrassingly pathetic effort on my part and not worthy of even acknowledging as "anything" =w=

Quoted for truth.

If there's another healer in your group, it's very very hard to kill you.

This, seriously. If you got 2 healers, it's so so so very hard to kill one.

3? Well... I'm more likely going to die approaching the group :/ Cause one of them is most likely going to holy me / drain etc

This, seriously. If you got 2 healers, it's so so so very hard to kill one.

3? Well... I'm more likely going to die approaching the group :/ Cause one of them is most likely going to holy me / drain etc

No one can seem to put pressure on more than one healer at a time.  I had a really solid Scholar with me at one point, and I swear people just started running away.

Wasn't worth it.

Quoted for truth.

I -try- to defend healers, but Dragoons are not the best equipped for that. I find I am more effective creating pressure on enemy casters/healers. But if I see a melee going after one of our healers, I stun and slow them.

I do defend outposts, but if a sizable group does not stay with me, it is often just me and one healer standing there; waiting to see a party of foes come gank us.

I -try- to defend healers, but Dragoons are not the best equipped for that. I find I am more effective creating pressure on enemy casters/healers. But if I see a melee going after one of our healers, I stun and slow them.

I do defend outposts, but if a sizable group does not stay with me, it is often just me and one healer standing there; waiting to see a party of foes come gank us.

Are you from the Adders? ;_;

If so, please come with us ffdgdfgfdgf

Adders 4 lyfe!

I am indeed. I was invited to a LS yesterday called "Mad Adders". The LS is dedicated to Twin Adders for Frontlines on Balmung it seems. If you want to join, Clover, I can ask them to invite you, and anyone else interested. Unless, you and K'nahli already joined an EU one?

If we ever end up in a Frontline Party together, I would watch your back..... And likely die with you. :lol:

Adders 4 lyfe!

I am indeed. I was invited to a LS yesterday called "Mad Adders". The LS is dedicated to Twin Adders for Frontlines on Balmung it seems. If you want to join, Clover, I can ask them to invite you, and anyone else interested. Unless, you and K'nahli already joined an EU one?  

If we ever end up in a Frontline Party together, I would watch your back..... And likely die with you. :lol:

Ah, we joined one called "Adders! To Arms!" (if I remember well). It's not exactly an EU one, but it was created by an EU player. A very good leader if I may add. The first day we partied with her, the Adders kept winning non stop. Sadly, lately it's been difficult to find matches with people who actually listen.

I hope both LSs can join forces, somehow. The more, the merrier!

Haha, it's better to die knowing that someone out there actually cared ;_;

Quoted for truth.

As a healer, I've met some good Paladins who'll peel my attackers off me using their Shield Bashes and whatnot -- makes me want to give them a kiss :love:. Other times, I hit the PvP skill Attunement (which grants, like, 90% evasion and damage nullification for ten seconds -- the offside being that you're inactive for the period) and happily watch the pile of enemy Paladins, Marauders, Monks, and Dragoons whale at me for nearly no damage to my health bar. It's super funny to watch, too, because my character is a tiny little lalafell.

...Then, ten seconds later, and the dream is gone...