How's the RP front these days?

As the title says. How are thing going on Balmung these days? I stopped playing after 5 months or so due to none of the available classes at the time really interesting me (Always preferred Theif-like classes), but with the announcement of Thief/Ninja on its way, I'm strongly considering picking the game back up.

So before diving back in, I'd like to make sure there is opportunity out there to keep the game interesting when you simply don't feel like grinding and would simply like to relax and possibly have some RP to spice things up a little.

How is the community these days? Did it grow, shrink, same old?

How is the RP itself, various flavors around? Or did in turn into another one of those "date me or else" type of scene? (Not that Romance RP doesn't have its place, but when its the only goal/option, there is an issue.)

It's grown. It's big, you'll find whatever rp you're looking for really. From social rp to combat rp to big storyline rp to romance rp to whatever. The community is thriving and, even if we all don't agree on core issues, the vast majority of us are open and friendly to all styles. It's a good community overall, probably one of the best I've been apart of.

I am of the firm belief that there's something for everyone at this point. The role-playing community on Balmung is very stable and pretty large - with a lot of opportunities for all sorts of different types of role-play.

I'd say it's worth creating a separate thread outlining exactly what sort of role-play you're looking for, though. It makes it easier for you to be seen and approached by like-minded individuals and is pretty much how I managed to break into the role-playing scene despite taking a break from the game.

Thank you both for your insight on whats been going on since I've been gone. Its good to see the community is indeed still going strong and there is plenty of diversity to be found if you look for it.

Theodric, I'll probably take your advice and make a more specific thread later on once I have a more clear goal myself as to what I'd like to do this time around. For now, I'll probably lurk around and observe for a while to get a feel for the current community.

That said, any suggestion for good spots to watch crowds and get a better grasp of the RP styles around? The Quicksand/Limsa Lominsa still the two main "hotspots"?

Same old, same old, I agree that it's pretty large and stable. Many people have quit, but we've also gotten plenty new players and a large influx of people transferring here from Gilgamesh. As for how the community is, fortunately in my experience I've run into far less people who are solely interested in lesbian Miqot'e ERP than I did months ago, so I suppose things are looking up! As for hotspots, unfortunately the Quicksand has completely overtaken Limsa Lominsa and everywhere else.

As for hotspots, unfortunately the Quicksand has completely overtaken Limsa Lominsa and everywhere else.

There is a bunch of us trying to bring RP back to Limsa!

This reminds me that I need to log on Cyrus more and interact with NB. I've been AWOL lately with another alt, trying to get him geared up x_x;

More RP in Limsa sounds great. Let any of us know and we'll gladly hop over sometime!

The community is incredible here. This game was my first foray into the RP world and i'm so glad I took the plunge!

There's RP for every nuance you can think of and a bunch you can't!

I've recently been trying to RP in Limsa too with my alt... it didn't go well. Many trolls walk the decks of Limsa :(

Posers. I've been doing lesbian miqo'te ERP before it was cool. Beside, my Chiyo had always swung that way. :dodgy:

So has every other catgirl since launch. :P

As for how the community is, fortunately in my experience I've run into far less people who are solely interested in lesbian Miqot'e ERP than I did months ago, so I suppose things are looking up! 

And here I was thinking that was the very root of all FF RP... :cactuar: From what I've seen in the past few weeks, RP is doing very well. I'm not sure if there was ever a golden age at some point in the past, but with the announcement of the new patch coming out, I'd say there is a good chance we might have just that. :)

Went away for 2 months for USAF BMT, came back and the RP community is still well and good...even larger, yeah! At least my perception of how busy the Quicksand gets has changed, but maybe that's because I'm on a NA TZ rather than EU!

For a while I thought Ul'dah being the RP hub was kinda fitting IC, since it's the trade hub and is between Limsa and Gridania...but having RPed for around 2 weeks in Limsa 'location continuity' based*, seems a shame.

*made it up lol...I meant I was remaining firmly where I was IC, unless I had good reason to move.

As for hotspots, unfortunately the Quicksand has completely overtaken Limsa Lominsa and everywhere else.

There is a bunch of us trying to bring RP back to Limsa!

This reminds me that I need to log on Cyrus more and interact with NB. I've been AWOL lately with another alt, trying to get him geared up x_x;

More RP in Limsa sounds great. Let any of us know and we'll gladly hop over sometime!

YOU'RE CYRUS!? MIND. Blown.