Writing Challenge! (Second)

It's time to get your writing on, friends.

That's what this thread is about. I issue a challenge to everyone, and see who can take it up.

"But what's your first challenge, Oscare?!"

STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!

Challenge 1 is Character Swap! For those who want to partake in my first challenge, simply post in this thread. Once we get nice amount (preferably even amount) of people, I will assign you all numbers. Using my little RNG friend, you all will exchange the charactet of your choice with that person... and write from that character's POV. I will provide some prompts (some silly) to give you ideas, but you can write about ANYTHING! As silly or serious as you want!

Any questions? Ask away! (I will try to respond when I'm at a computer. I apologize for any typos, I'm writing from my phone. >_<;)

Suggestions gladly taken!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if you know next to nothing about the character?

Once you get the character assigned to you, do you ask the player for some insight? Else I think I could COMPLETELY portray someone incorrectly.

Once you get the character assigned to you, do you ask the player for some insight? Else I think I could COMPLETELY portray someone incorrectly.

Sign Rae up for it. Let hilarity ensue. Or death. That would probably work too.

In that case, I think some research would be in order!

I'm hoping for this, actually. I think I've got a pretty good handle on most of the folks I know, so I hope one of the guys from Limsa shows up and gets involved. I want to see how I do with only the most precursory knowledge of someone.

I'm hoping for this, actually. I think I've got a pretty good handle on most of the folks I know, so I hope one of the guys from Limsa shows up and gets involved. I want to see how I do with only the most precursory knowledge of someone.

..........oh, to hell with it. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

(if anything goes wrong, blame Ruru for telling me to. <3 )

..........oh, to hell with it.  CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

(if anything goes wrong, blame Ruru for telling me to.  <3 )

YESSSSS!!! Muahahahaha!!:tonberry:

Isn't that part of the challenge?! 

You can always ask for a very barebones, basic profile like insight, or you can ask for a Wiki profile. Or....

You can wing it! The point of this is to see how well you can play someone who doesn't belong to you!

Cut-off date will be Monday (whenever I wake up) to give plenty of time to post in here! 

So far we have 7 people with me being tentative. If my count is correct.

You can always do a three-way switch, too. Person A takes person B, person B takes person C, person C takes person A. Not quite the same as the original idea, but still fun! Plus that way even if you get evens and you still want to join in, you'll be able to. :)

Cut-off date will be Monday (whenever I wake up) to give plenty of time to post in here! 

I was just inquiring! I am not signing up though... I have an OCD tendency when it comes to writing for other people, like combing through all their posts, or using logs, or running the post by them to make sure I get it okay... >.<

It sounds like a totally interesting exercise though. :thumbsup: (and no, if I was actually thinking of signing up, Rae would not be the one I would sign up with)

I was just inquiring! I am not signing up though... I have an OCD tendency when it comes to writing for other people, like combing through all their posts, logs, running the post by them to make sure I get it okay... >.<

It sounds like a totally interesting exercise though. :thumbsup: (and no, if I were to ever sign up, Rae would not be the one I would sign up with)

Roen as written by Berrod. I need to read this one day.

Aww, that's alright, Roen! This is only the first of many challenges I'll be issuing. I have like, three more I have in storage. 

(If you have challenge ideas, shoot them at me!)

Also, that puts us at... eight? I'll double check when I'm not swirling around in phone hell.