Writing Challenge! (Second)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cut-off date will be Monday (whenever I wake up) to give plenty of time to post in here! 

So far we have 7 people with me being tentative. If my count is correct.

I was just inquiring! I am not signing up though... I have an OCD tendency when it comes to writing for other people, like combing through all their posts, logs, running the post by them to make sure I get it okay... >.<

It sounds like a totally interesting exercise though. :thumbsup: (and no, if I were to ever sign up, Rae would not be the one I would sign up with)

Roen as written by Berrod. I need to read this one day.

Hmmm...

Gonna totally creep on her roleplaying so that I can properly EMULATE her style.

Angar and Wulfebrom were nearing the end of the day. The sun was setting far across the horizon of Thanalan and the men were finishing their last sparring session. They had begun with swords and shields, then simply swords. Work with staves and spears to keep their skills honed. At last, a true test of strength and skill between the Highlanders they had both looked forward to, the battle of bare-handed combat.

Before they could begin, however, they heard a small voice call out from the hills above them.

"Real men fight with no shirts on!

...and in the mud...

...after oiling up..."

They turned their gaze in the direction of the noises and then only saw a red blur dash back towards the Gates of Nald.

They shrugged as they got naked, as all Highlander brawls as supposed to be, laughing as they reached for the oil.

Angar and Wulfebrom were nearing the end of the day. The sun was setting far across the horizon of Thanalan and the men were finishing their last sparring session. They had begun with swords and shields, then simply swords. Work with staves and spears to keep their skills honed. At last, a true test of strength and skill between the Highlanders they had both looked forward to, the battle of bare-handed combat.

Before they could begin, however, they heard a small voice call out from the hills above them.

"Real men fight with no shirts on!

...and in the mud...

...after oiling up..."

They turned their gaze in the direction of the noises and then only saw a red blur dash back towards the Gates of Nald.

They shrugged as they got naked, as all Highlander brawls as supposed to be, laughing as they reached for the oil.

/closes office door

Scandalous howling achieved.

oh what's this it appears i have a nosebleed

I will let someone pretend to be Coatleque for a day.  But I don't trust myself to take over someone else.  I know, that defeats the purpose of an "exercise".  If that is okay, then half-sign me up.  It will be amusing to watch.

Do it anyway! It'll be fun!

I will let someone pretend to be Coatleque for a day. But I don't trust myself to take over someone else. I know, that defeats the purpose of an "exercise". If that is okay, then half-sign me up. It will be amusing to watch.

I doubt it's gonna be a canon event (although if someone writes something good/IC for Franz, I'm totally taking it). /handsovertrust/

I will let someone pretend to be Coatleque for a day. But I don't trust myself to take over someone else. I know, that defeats the purpose of an "exercise". If that is okay, then half-sign me up. It will be amusing to watch.

Worst case scenario: write a parody. Fun, and lessens quite a bit of the pressure.

It would be kind of interesting if you wrote it from your character's perspective. For example, this is probably how Coat would imagine Nat.

Natalie wakes up an stretches, "How can I ruin everything today." She thinks, possibly her first and last thought of the day. Because she is very stupid.

"I think I'll make inappropriate sexual comments to Ser Crofte all day, and then ask her for favors."

"I'll spend the rest of the day embarassing myself, the Sultansworn, and Ul'dah."

She nods, "Sounds like a plan."

Nat, that is hilarious!

Crofte! I am totally going to NOT be OCD and NOT read every single post (may creep a little and ask for one thing to read though... along with lots of questions sent their way) to participate!

And I also have accepted (thanks Warren) that the portrayal of my character could completely be a parody and not serious WHAT-SO-EVER.

So uh... yeah. I'll sign up if you sign up.

/pressure

Most likely I will fail and you should definitely try... not to be mad at me ; ;

No getting mad allowed. It ruins the fun. But I'll try to be serious-ish with whoever gets stuck with me. ...depending on the character.

Whether the person thinks they've done well or not, I'll just be happy to see another player's interpretation of Berry!

In my head, I know Roen is a dutiful, conflicted woman bearing the pressure of two incompatible peoples on her shoulders and trying to do the right things.

...that will not stop me from also imagining her as a wide-eyed, shy, boy-crazy stalker. I just picture a cartoon Roen with giant peering eyes creeping out of the scenery in any scene where there's abs and/or pecs. and if you look at her she just slowly slips back behind her cover.

I live in a fucking cartoon, I can't help it.

Edit: god dammit this was post #99999. One off from being Mr. One Hundred Thousand.

As long as it's non-canon, I'm in.

It would be my luck to totally end up with a character I know NOTHING about... But it sounds like fun. :lol:

I think you'll do just fine, Ms. CAN-SOMEBODY-SCRATCH-MY-NOSE-PLEASE. ;)