Writing Challenge! (Second)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thirteen confirmed.

Coat, Roen, and myelf are tenative I think?

This is my list, please inform me if I missed someone. ;~;

Franz, Osric, Knight, Val, Berrod, Aya, Verad, Kage, Warren, Natalie....

And my memory fails me to remember the rest. >_<

A BETTER LIST;

Confirmed:

Ruru - 1

Franz - 2

Warren - 3

Osric -  4

Berrod - 5

Roen - 6

Aya - 7

Zhavi - 8

Natalie - 9

C'kayah - 10

Kage - 11

Verad - 12

Knight - 13

Val - 14

ALRIGHT KIDDIES.

We hit our deadline, now it's time to announce who go who! Above, you'll see a quote to one of my earlier posts with the name of everyone who confirmed and a number. I will use a Random Number Generator to generate two numbers. These two numbers will trade characters with each other, and write a short story (or long story, it doesn't matter! it can be as short or as long as you'd like) from that character's point of view. However.

You CAN insert your own characters. Example; Let's say Natalie gets Verad. She has to write from VERAD'S point of view, but she can still include Natalie in the story. This is to help writers feel more comfortable if they know their own character is involved. It also serves as a "resource", per say!

None of the stories will be canon. Meaning that what you write won't actually happen to that character in-game. 

Besides that, go ballistic! Make it as silly as you want! Make it as serious as you want, there is no right-or-wrong with this! It's literally just for shits and giggles.

Before I provide some basic prompts to help you guys get ideas, I'll announce who got who.~

Numbers 11 and 12 trade. Numbers 13 and 1 trade. Numbers 2 and 3 trade. Numbers 5 and 4 trade. Numbers 14 and 10 trade. Numbers 9 and 7 trade. Leaving 8 and 6 to trade! Feel free to shoot each other a PM or whisper for a basic lowdown of how the character works. 

Now, here's some prompts to get you guys started. You by NO MEANS need to use any of these prompts, this a freewrite! But this is for those who need a little idea~

Prompt 1: This is why we can't have nice things.

Prompt 2: "Why is your hand on fire?"

Prompt 3: I knew s/he was serious then.

Prompt 4: A dance-off.

Prompt 5: You wake up naked next to a wo/man in a room of the Hourglass. What now?

Prompt 6: "NOW WE'RE STRANDED HERE, AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!"

Alright kiddies, GET TO WRITING. There's no time limit on this. <3 I'll issue my next challenge next month, but that doesn't mean it's due next month! :D Take your time and have fun with it.

EDIT: THERE WAS AN ERROR IN MY READINGS.

[11:31:00 AM] Alexis/Gator: Roen got Zhavi

[11:31:07 AM] Alexis/Gator: I failed to live up to expectations

[11:31:07 AM] Berrod: And I will be a barking dog at your si-- AHAHA

[11:31:09 AM] Alexis/Gator: sadness

[11:31:35 AM] Alexis/Gator: it was actually really close between her and Warren

[11:31:44 AM] Alexis/Gator: the RNG kept giving me Warren's number

[11:31:49 AM] Alexis/Gator: but Warren was already taken

[11:32:40 AM] Berrod: the story of his life these days

[11:32:46 AM] Alexis/Gator: ... lol

enjoy this snippit between me and Berrod

Ooooh! I got Knight! :)  It will be a challenge but fun!

I could have easily written Zhavi, but I think this will be a better exercise for me. Roen you can do it!! *points to multiple threads as a hint*

I know.

All. Those. Threads.

Zhavi is the forum RP queen.

:tonberry:

Excellent.

Looking forward to it, Franz. I'm easy. You... not so much.

Excellent.

Looking forward to it, Franz. I'm easy. You... not so much.

Franz isn't too bad either! (I promise). If you have any questions, send me a PM. I'm debating involving that pillar somehow.

((I'm sorry Verad.))

Verad stretched from his kneeling position amongst his dubious wares in Pearl Lane. He smiled as he took stock, noting each and every ware. How many. What condition. He stroked his grizzled face and ran his fingers through his beard once as he finished his survey. He gave a chuckle as he moved into the Quicksand to start trying to sell his wares.

He grabbed a brochure made of parchment paper detailing his cactu-puncture service as well as a pouch containing Imitation-But-Actually-Real-Pyrite Fool’s Gold as well as Fool’s Gil-on-a-Chain-for-When-You-Just-Don’t-Have-Enough-Of-The-Real-Thing.

He noticed a few characters and when some approached him, he gave a big dubious grin. He spread his arms wide, detailing the wonders of each special ware. He enthusiastically showed one wide-eyed Lalafell the cactu-puncture brochure saying, “It’ll distract you from your current worries! You’ll think about other pains instead of the ones forever troubling you!”

The Lalafell actually took him up on the service and ended up screaming at Verad as he ran away after paying Verad for the service, “THIS IS WHY WE CAN’T HAVE NICE THINGS!”