Who Killed You?! - (Prompt)

Melodia

I think if he's going to die he's going to die for someone rather than because of someone, so really, the killer could be anybody.

Same here. T'rahnu's just too nonplussed by everything to really make enemies, you know? She'd be far more likely to be offed at the hands of an Ascian or something than another player character.

The only time I wanted a character to get killed off, she ended up retiring peacefully...

My character in FFXIV doesn't have any enemies (due to lack of RP more than being such a lovable person). She is quite the cocky adventurer though, so it's feasible she could be killed by a number of things.

Who can potentially kill Bartolomeo? Well, from people that he knows...

Anelia Sadowyn: Anelia, probably one of the first friends and the reason gave him an easy path towards becoming a Sultansworn. The two of them however have very conflicting philosophies in righteousness, and this can make either one of them stick a sword out against the other.

Coatleque Crofte: Reasons are similar to that of Anelia.

Yuu Lyehga: Yuu has been a miqo'te Bartolomeo had been chasing after ever since she maimed a man in Pearl Lane. The two once fought and she nearly killed Bartolomeo for mysterious reasons. Her relentless talent can probably put an immediate end to Bartolomeo if he loses his vigilance.

Bell Ebonwing: Bartolomeo's ex-love. Bell is prone to intense bloodlust that can make her strike everyone around her in battle. Bartolomeo's former code as a knight of Jeridia can make him retaliate against her, although Bell is a remarkable fighter naturally.

Siha Xinkei: Another conflict of philosophies. Siha will not hesitate to step against Bartolomeo if he does something that she doesn't want to stand by.

The Crows: A faction Bartolomeo has been seeking after, mainly a weakness against them and the recent wound he opened up to "the Voice" most likely made them wary of him (or not).

Why did Roen get mentioned in two people's answers?! She would never...

... actually I could imagine a couple of possibilities but that is NOT what this thread is all about.

I think if he's going to die he's going to die for someone rather than because of someone' date=' so really, the killer could be anybody.[/quote']

This is probably the most likely thing for Roen too. (And it would be a fun set of speculations in itself)

BUT I will play and give a few names:

Natalie Mcbeef: Duh! Once mentor and student, and close as sisters, now there is bitterness and distrust between them that does not seem reconcilable.

Anelia Sadowyn: Another Sworn who has shown a propensity for violence. If Roen sided with the wrong person, I would not put it past her.

Coatleque Crofte: (Hm... all Sworns, is there a running theme here... not sure) Would she do it if ordered? That would be juicy.

People that should be on this list but are not:

Delial Grimsong: Recently admitted that gods have ordained that she cannot harm Roen. That surprised me.

Jameson Taeros: Reasons.

Nero Lazarov: I am still trying to think up a scenario for this.

People that should be on this list but are not:

Delial Grimsong: Recently admitted that gods have ordained that she cannot harm Roen. That surprised me.

*Crawls out of lurk thicket.*

... Surprising indeed~!

*Creeps back into lurk foliage.*

Oh man... So many possibilities. Also everyone seems to think Nat will kill them (and they're right).

As for Natalie being killed though, instead of people I will suggest routes.

Route 1: Corruption, Natalie progresses past her current dalliances with monetarists and begins to take orders from Lolorito. Eventually she goes too far, and is taken down either officially or unofficially by other law enforcement agents. (Possible people involved, Roen, Coat, Khan'a, Anelia, Osric, Askier.)

Route 2: Sacrifice, Natalie ends up losing her life in the defence of something. Perhaps in the call of duty, or trying to help one of her friends or lovers. (Most likely subjects, Kage, Franz, Crofte.)

Route 3: Jealousy. Natalie gets steamy with the wrong invidual, or with the wrong indivuals lover. They decide they must have their revenge. (most likely subjects, all of eorzea)

Route 4: Improper Safety procedures. "Let me just take a candle to the shed and check how much gunpowder we have." (most likely subject, Natalie)

It would be one of those heart-wrenching roleplays that makes people hate the player behind the keyboard. :D And if that were to ever happen, 'Wen would root for Bear and the rest of the team from the aether.

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT DOG WOULD DO AND IT'S SO GOD DAMN SAD

Heart wrenching moment in..

"LANDWALKER!"

Gods that shrill cry was getting on the Elezen's last nerve. She turned her head, placing her cheek against the cold stone as she fought to catch her breath. She wouldn't be able to outrun the primal forever, not only did the hell spawn have flight on her side, but Menelwen was quickly finding herself out of breath. She flexed her fingers, gripping her horas tightly. She had had to make it out of this alive. All she had to do was keep moving. Maybe if she was able to find better cover, she could---

OvuwMUQ.png?1

"Heehee HAHA hahaha HEEHEE haha HEEEEEE!!!!"

A curse spilled past her lips as a torrent of air crashed overhead, destroying part of the pillar she was taking cover behind. Her arms moved over her head, shielding herself from the falling debris. She couldn't stay there, she was a sitting duck if she remained in such an open area. Quickly, she pulled herself up to her feet and pressed her back against the stone that remained. THINK woman! Her one eye danced over the field of soiled earth and crumbled stone. There was no other cover, not for a great distance, but where that was...Menelwen didn't know. The swirling vortex she was trapped in hindered her sight, making it near impossible to see just how far things were.

E4xb2oe.png?1

"INSOLENT MORTAL! I SHALL MAKE YOU SUFFER!"

...Fuck. She was going to die if she didn't move, or worse. The Elezen broke into a run, making a straight bee line for a second set of pillars. She quickly found herself skidding to a halt however, as a small tornado struck the ground around the woman's hopeful cover. Within seconds, the heavy, thick slab of stones were reduced to fine grain.

"You think this but a game?!"

She turned her head, her gaze locked onto the giant primal, her claws and talons were stained with Adder blood.

XdgGCW5.png

"That foul stench...that...disgusting smell! You mock me with your mortality, landwalker!"

Her heart skipped once, twice. This was no time to have an empty head, yet no matter how much she thought, no strategy popped into the Elezen's mind. No plan, no escape route, nothing. Her fingers tightened around her horas as what was happening finally dawned on the woman.

She was going to die.

With a clenched jaw, she bolted forward. She would not go down without a fight, she would not have her body scattered across the land without at least trying to survive. Her brothers and sisters in arms had already fallen, their bows and spears broken on the destroyed land.

"NONE SHALL STAND AGAINST THE WIND!"

Screams rolled past her ears, causing an agonizing migraine to form as she struck out, striking a clawed hora against the primal. Garuda struck out with her own talon, catching the weapon and Menelwen's arm in her large claw. A cry parted the Elezen's lips as the hell spawn dug her sharp talons into her flesh, easily cutting through the thick leather and meeting flesh and bone.

"I would feast upon your aether.."

Menelwen struck out again, this time with her right leg. She met her mark, her leg smashing into Garuda's side. The primal snarled, choosing to only tighten her grip.

"You seek to stand against me?! AGAINST WIND ITSELF?!" The primal cried out, howling into Menelwen's face. Slowly, a sick and twisted grin split Garuda's lips. Her eyes, blacker than night, earned a sinister glint. Her lips parted again, but this time, she did not screech a threat, or howl a warning. "I...claim you, landwalker!"

Menelwen's heart stopped at the primals words. She...she would what?! No, no, no! Panic began to settle into the Elezen, causing her to try and rip her left arm out from the Primal's talons. This proved to be a poor decision, as sinew and muscle tore against the ever present claws.

"PRAY TO ME! PRAY TO YOUR GOD!" Garuda struck out with her other talon, grasping Menelwen by her neck. The Elezen gasped, the hora in her right hand falling to the ground, her now free hand going to clutch at Garuda's talon. She watched in fear as the Primal inhaled, and...for a moment, it was quiet. She turned her gaze away as much as she could, her eyes stretching across the land. As Dogberry's circlet shattered around her neck, she swore that she could see a group of people outside the vortex, their shapes and sizes very much humanoid, and seemingly...frantic. Perhaps it was her mind playing tricks on her as Garuda sang her song, throwing the Elezen back to the earth below.

"...Sing to me~♪."

Garuda's words came to Menelwen as she slowly stood, her arm and collar drenched in her own blood. "...My one true angel." The Elezen whispered, her gaze slowly lifting to meet Garuda's. She lowered herself to a knee, bowing to the feathered primal.

"I am yours to serve, my winged angel.

KctGJYh.png

Sorry not sorry.

It would be one of those heart-wrenching roleplays that makes people hate the player behind the keyboard. :D And if that were to ever happen, 'Wen would root for Bear and the rest of the team from the aether.

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT DOG WOULD DO AND IT'S SO GOD DAMN SAD

"LANDWALKER!"

Gods that shrill cry was getting on the Elezen's last nerve. She turned her head, placing her cheek against the cold stone as she fought to catch her breath. She wouldn't be able to outrun the primal forever, not only did the hell spawn have flight on her side, but Menelwen was quickly finding herself out of breath. She flexed her fingers, gripping her horas tightly. She had had to make it out of this alive. All she had to do was keep moving. Maybe if she was able to find better cover, she could---

OvuwMUQ.png?1

A curse spilled past her lips as a torrent of air crashed overhead, destroying part of the pillar she was taking cover behind. Her arms moved over her head, shielding herself from the falling debris. She couldn't stay there, she was a sitting duck if she remained in such an open area. Quickly, she pulled herself up to her feet and pressed her back against the stone that remained. THINK woman! Her one eye danced over the field of soiled earth and crumbled stone. There was no other cover, not for a great distance, but where that was...Menelwen didn't know. The swirling vortex she was trapped in hindered her sight, making it near impossible to see just how far things were.

E4xb2oe.png?1

...Fuck. She was going to die if she didn't move, or worse. The Elezen broke into a run, making a straight bee line for a second set of pillars. She quickly found herself skidding to a halt however, as a small tornado struck the ground around the woman's hopeful cover. Within seconds, the heavy, thick slab of stones were reduced to fine grain.

She turned her head, her gaze locked onto the giant primal, her claws and talons were stained with Adder blood.

XdgGCW5.png

"That foul stench...that...disgusting smell! You mock me with your mortality, landwalker!"

Her heart skipped once, twice. This was no time to have an empty head, yet no matter how much she thought, no strategy popped into the Elezen's mind. No plan, no escape route, nothing. Her fingers tightened around her horas as what was happening finally dawned on the woman.

She was going to die.

With a clenched jaw, she bolted forward. She would not go down without a fight, she would not have her body scattered across the land without at least trying to survive. Her brothers and sisters in arms had already fallen, their bows and spears broken on the destroyed land.

Screams rolled past her ears, causing an agonizing migraine to form as she struck out, striking a clawed hora against the primal. Garuda struck out with her own talon, catching the weapon and Menelwen's arm in her large claw. A cry parted the Elezen's lips as the hell spawn dug her sharp talons into her flesh, easily cutting through the thick leather and meeting flesh and bone.

Menelwen struck out again, this time with her right leg. She met her mark, her leg smashing into Garuda's side. The primal snarled, choosing to only tighten her grip.

"You seek to stand against me?! AGAINST WIND ITSELF?!" The primal cried out, howling into Menelwen's face. Slowly, a sick and twisted grin split Garuda's lips. Her eyes, blacker than night, earned a sinister glint. Her lips parted again, but this time, she did not screech a threat, or howl a warning. "I...claim you, landwalker!"

Menelwen's heart stopped at the primals words. She...she would what?! No, no, no! Panic began to settle into the Elezen, causing her to try and rip her left arm out from the Primal's talons. This proved to be a poor decision, as sinew and muscle tore against the ever present claws.

"PRAY TO ME! PRAY TO YOUR GOD!" Garuda struck out with her other talon, grasping Menelwen by her neck. The Elezen gasped, the hora in her right hand falling to the ground, her now free hand going to clutch at Garuda's talon. She watched in fear as the Primal inhaled, and...for a moment, it was quiet. She turned her gaze away as much as she could, her eyes stretching across the land. As Dogberry's circlet shattered around her neck, she swore that she could see a group of people outside the vortex, their shapes and sizes very much humanoid, and seemingly...frantic. Perhaps it was her mind playing tricks on her as Garuda sang her song, throwing the Elezen back to the earth below.

"...Sing to me~♪."

Garuda's words came to Menelwen as she slowly stood, her arm and collar drenched in her own blood. "...My one true angel." The Elezen whispered, her gaze slowly lifting to meet Garuda's. She lowered herself to a knee, bowing to the feathered primal.

KctGJYh.png

Sorry not sorry.

"I'll do it," Dogberry said to those assembled, shooting a glance at Stormwind and Rhianna. He picked up the now unconscious Menelwen in his arms and walked solemnly away before any objections or suggestions could be made. With a moment's concentration, the aether swept them away to the Shroud.

"I don't know what you would have wanted," Dogberry said to her as he carried her into a glen in the woods. "But as far as last views go, I think you could do worse, aye?" She stirred in his arms.

"My angel..." she whispered weakly.

"Hardly," he said, holding back tears as he sat down, holding her closely to him. Her struggling was faint and managable.

"Shh," he shushed her. "I'll sing you a song, and all's gonna be fine. You'll be with your goddess." He began singing, and old song about the wind, and she relaxed against him. When the song was over, he placed his head against hers.

"So much time got stolen from us," he said. "I'd have liked to have known you better. Who knows where that would've taken us. I like t'think we could've shared somethin', at least fleeting but memorable."

"My goddess..." She whispered against him. He brought her head to his chest.

With a sudden moment of violence the deed was done. Her neck snapped, and she went limp.

Dogberry just sat there for a while, holding her, staring out into the forest.

[video=youtube]

YOU HAPPY NOW?!

Hmmm...there's a possible list.

(Anyone that it applies too) Lili could turn down the wrong admirer and they get the idea 'If I can't have you, no one will!'. Very unlikely but still!

(Enemies of C'kayah) Very much aware her future husband has less then legal dealings with various people in the underworld and beyond (as well as pokes his nose around where it some times shouldn't be!), it has occurred to Lili more then once that someone could get angry or vengeful and take it out on her. Could be a dramatic and tragic demise!

(Possible associates and the Society) While it hasn't been delved into for Lili story wise just yet, she has the chance to go insane later down the line. Perhaps not permanently, but enough to where if it happened some people may feel it's best to put her out of her misery.

"LANDWALKER!"

OvuwMUQ.png?1

E4xb2oe.png?1

XdgGCW5.png

She was going to die.

"...Sing to me~♪."

KctGJYh.png

Sorry not sorry.

"I'll do it," Dogberry said to those assembled, shooting a glance at Stormwind and Rhianna. He picked up the now unconscious Menelwen in his arms and walked solemnly away before any objections or suggestions could be made. With a moment's concentration, the aether swept them away to the Shroud.

"I don't know what you would have wanted," Dogberry said to her as he carried her into a glen in the woods. "But as far as last views go, I think you could do worse, aye?" She stirred in his arms.

"My angel..." she whispered weakly.

"Hardly," he said, holding back tears as he sat down, holding her closely to him. Her struggling was faint and managable.

"Shh," he shushed her. "I'll sing you a song, and all's gonna be fine. You'll be with your goddess." He began singing, and old song about the wind, and she relaxed against him. When the song was over, he placed his head against hers.

"So much time got stolen from us," he said. "I'd have liked to have known you better. Who knows where that would've taken us. I like t'think we could've shared somethin', at least fleeting but memorable."

"My goddess..." She whispered against him. He brought her head to his chest.

With a sudden moment of violence the deed was done. Her neck snapped, and she went limp.

Dogberry just sat there for a while, holding her, staring out into the forest.

[video=youtube]

YOU HAPPY NOW?!

YES.

BecausenowifIeverwannakilloffMenelIknowhowto.

For C'kayah, it really comes down to:

• Enemies. They're stacked up like cordwood.
  • A deal gone bad. There's a line from Neuromancer that describes how C normally operates: "He knew that at some point he'd started to play a game with himself, a very ancient one that has no name, a final solitaire. He no longer carried a weapon, no longer took the basic precautions. He ran the fastest, loosest deals on the street, and he had a reputation for being able to get whatever you wanted." He doesn't have a deathwish, and he's more careful these days, but he still tends to run fast and loose.
  • An ex-lover (or current lover!). You never know.
  • The mate of an ex-lover (or current lover). Ditto.
  • Osric Melkire.

For C'kayah, it really comes down to:

• Enemies. They're stacked up like cordwood.
  • A deal gone bad. There's a line from Neuromancer that describes how C normally operates: "He knew that at some point he'd started to play a game with himself, a very ancient one that has no name, a final solitaire. He no longer carried a weapon, no longer took the basic precautions. He ran the fastest, loosest deals on the street, and he had a reputation for being able to get whatever you wanted." He doesn't have a deathwish, and he's more careful these days, but he still tends to run fast and loose.
  • An ex-lover (or current lover!). You never know.
  • The mate of an ex-lover (or current lover). Ditto.
  • Osric Melkire.

RSNHCdSR6tc

In the end? Most likely a woman. Siha may finally lose it and chop me up for a dark rite.... Nat may do it, I push her buttons sometimes. Anelia Sadowyn is a strong contender. Cliodhna Eoghan may just take the foreplay to far and he'll die a happy man.

Well he DOES drive her bonkers sometimes. ::shifty eyes::

As for Siha's, erm:

:: Any enemies of the Redwings or in particular Erik. She's technically the weakest link and has elicited backlash before when she's gotten hurt. I can see her demise being less about her making an enemy and more about the fact that her death would hurt someone else who is the real target.

:: Herself, because to be honest she does put herself in danger quite a bit in vain attempts to prove she's not a burden and that she can take care of herself -to- herself. One day she'll get it through her head that none of them see her that way.

:: Grieving Hound, her sometimes guardian, sometimes friend, sometimes...whatever this woman really is to her. One day Hound could finally decide to kill her or she would die for Hound if the opportunity called for it. She's already refused to move out of the way of a gun for her.

:: Askier, poor broken Askier. :( I don't see this one being on purpose but who knows! She associates with one of his main points of distress so it could very well happen!

If I had to pick someone to put her down that never would unless something major changed I'd probably say Kahn'a, Roen, or Erik because it'd be gut wrenching. <3

Ros came to terms with the fact that her life is likely going to be short a while ago. She claims she'd rather live an exciting short life than a long boring one though it's debatable whether or not she fully understands her own grand words.

• Her father's enemies. They killed his wife they could kill her.
  • The Garleans she insists on continuing to consort with.
  • Any random deal gone sour could end in death.
  • Anyone who manages to get in under her guard could kill her.
  • Her own damn stubbornness might get her killed.

I... am having a heck of a time working up who might kill Jajara. She honestly has basically  no enemies whatsoever - there was one character who she did not like for a time but they sort of made up? And he doesn't seem the violent type. So in her case, it might be a matter of dying for someone rather than being killed by someone, and THAT list is a lot easier to imagine as she might have something of a savior complex that was made even worse by the death of someone very dear to her nary a year or so ago.

Delial, on the other hand, has a way of getting on the bad side of a lot of people.

Roen Deneith: It's almost happened ... twice? now. Delial almost expects it as she believes very much in cycles so either Roen or her brother Gharen being the one who finally puts her down is a fate she has contemplated often.

Gharen Wolfsong: See above! Though somehow this seems a little less likely than his sister, Roen.

Raelisanne Banurein: She has not heard much from this woman in a while and it worries her. The Empire does not forgive slights nor treachery and in leaving this woman's service, Delial may have branded herself a traitor.

Edgar Gandervalt: While she doesn't see him as much of a threat (more bark than bite in her mind), he has made a very open threat. Like with Gharen and Roen, she ended his parents, and so it would only be fitting that he kills her - and he might just be emotionally unstable enough to actually do it.

Natalie Mcbeef: She very much doubt that Natalie takes her seriously...  but what does Natalie take seriously? Delial loathes this woman and would not shed a tear if she were to be taken from the world, a feeling which may very well be reciprocated. Perfect enemies, put together... What could possibly go wrong?

Askier Mergrey: Bitter, bitter enemies... maybe? Probably. They discovered that they could not kill one another directly, but both of these little monsters love to scheme and make messes of other peoples' lives. Delial would be INCREDIBLY embarrassed if he were the one to kill her but, well, stranger things have happened.

Qaeli Varily: She has no reason to doubt that this brash woman would kill her if she so much looked at either Roen or Gharen the wrong way. It's always the white haired ones that given her the most trouble, it would seem.

• 1 month later...