Forging the Future

[align=center]Forging the Future[/align]

[align=justify]After losing his sight in a terrifying incident that ultimately saved his life, renown blackmith Gelfradus Greywolfe traveled the world to study, rediscover the things that brought him joy, and seek out a new path in life. His journeys took him from the mighty thaumaturges of the Arrzaneth Ossuary and the arcanists of Mealvaan's Gate to the conjurers of the Stillglade Fane, where he learned much of aether, the arcane, and the blessings of the Twelve.

He now hopes to share some of the fruits of his labor, merging magic and metalwork for others in the Gold Court of Ul'dah on the 5th bell of the 11th sun, in order to sharpen his skills and further explore his findings. By calling upon the blessings of Nymeia the Spinner and Althyk the Keeper - a blind man may provide you insight into your future...

[/align]

---------------------------

When: October 11th -- 2PM PST / 3PM MST /4PM CST / 5PM EST / 10PM EU / 11PM EU+1

Where: Ul'dah -- Gold Court, Steps of Thal

What's going to happen?: This is a mini-event where you show up and Gelfradus Greywolfe uses a silver ingot to tell your character's fortune.

How does this work?: I roll a 1d10 and depending on what number you get, your character either gets a good, bad, or 'bizarre' fortune. 1-4 being varying degrees of bad, 6-10 being varying degrees of good, and a perfect 5 triggering 'bizarre'.

What can I do with the fortune? What if I don't OOCly like the fortune I got? Gelfradus himself will explain that sometimes the fortunes will go wrong for various reasons. This means you can decide for yourself whether the fortune your character gets is something you're just going to disregard or if it's cool enough that you'd want to weave it into your RP.

It also doesn't necessarily have to be a fortune that predicts your character's specific future -- it can be something predicting anything your heart desires!

Can I get more than one fortune?: Most definitely! Though you may find your character gets some peculiar results. ;)

Fate will guide Nebbs to this place ... now to search Ilwe's workshop for some suitable metal.

Gelfradus will have his own silver prepared, but if your character brings her own, it might lead to even more interesting results. (IC silver of course. No need to bring actual mats!)

Fate will guide Nebbs to this place ... now to search Ilwe's workshop for some suitable metal.

Gelfradus will have his own silver prepared, but if your character brings her own, it might lead to even more interesting results. (IC silver of course. No need to bring actual mats!)

Don't say that \o/, Ilwe will find his workshop devastated by Hurricane Nebbs

Don't say \o/, Ilwe will find his workshop devastated by Hurricane Nebbs

Nebbs needs to make her own then. Let the RP ensue...

Out to the wilds with my trusty pick to kill some rocks.

Then back to Ilwe's workshop to try this smelting and ingot making.

Maybe the workshop will survive.

What's the worse that could happen.

C.. Crap.. Too late..

C.. Crap.. Too late..

Forget Hurricane, its going to be an inferno now. RIP Workshop xD

C.. Crap.. Too late..

Forget Hurricane, its going to be an inferno now. RIP Workshop xD

Don't say that, 31 december, our very last RP of 2013, Nebbs enraged and burnt our house.

This is todaaay~!

Nebbs' rock hunting is going badly so far.. 

Spent hours trying to hunt down this silver rock, maybe she should ask someone 

She has yet to try and smelt/forge/magic cauldron+dragons breath make an ingot

So those are today's tasks!... oh plus making some enchanted bellows to go capture the dragons breath in.

Just a normal day in the world of "Nebbs Tales"

CMU2NwaaXEA

I'm glad! The whole idea behind the event was to give people a spark of inspiration they could use to make into RP if they wanted and if they liked the fortune. Though admittedly, it's easier to run with 'bad' fortunes then 'good' fortunes.

The few Bizarre fortunes were really fun though. :V MAGNIFICENT ALDGOAT GO!