2.4 Dungeons Preview

Kage

I am so unimaginably excited for the new dungeons.  

I am slightly less excited about the impending massive flood of new DPS.   I need to hurry and level my DPS classes before Rogue/Ninja hits. <_<

LOL. I'm literally prepping all my alts at level 15 tanking classes so I can just ride the wave.

I am so unimaginably excited for the new dungeons.  

I am slightly less excited about the impending massive flood of new DPS.   I need to hurry and level my DPS classes before Rogue/Ninja hits. <_<

I'm er... never going to level pgl/mnk or arc/brd or lnc/drg at this point. I'm getting MRD up to 15. I can use that or CNJ (28) >.>;

Or maybe kind souls will queue with me. lol

I want new tomestone so that soldiery can be unlocked so I can get a book of spades. UNLOCKED ST AND SOLDIERY NO WEEKLY CAP? YAY~

I have nothing left to level combat-wise, so I'm going to have to accept the long DPS queues for every single dungeon... And having to roll Need against a second Rogue for every +Str drop.

On the other hand, this does mean I can help buddies with my tanking/healing classes when I'm not leveling the new class myself.

Now that I have off my mats-in-mah-dungeons hate train....

I am extremely excited for the iconic-looking Thief-green Rogue gear. I expect that what we're seeing is the class & job specific gear (listed as "ROG NIN" on the items) for the post-50 Hard Mode Dungeons, much in the same fashion as each class & job has its own unique set from Brayflox HM / Halatali HM / Lost City of Amdapor, and then another unique set from Stone Vigil HM / Tam-Tara HM / Hullbreaker Island. The green gear might even be from these new dungeons.

I do not expect that green gear to be low-level. My impression is that when Yoshi said, "save your striking and maiming gear," what he really meant to say was save your DoW leveling gear in addition to the shared STR pieces that are Allagan and Gloam. There are no class-specific low level pieces beyond weapons and the Brayflox Longstop Story rings; I doubt that'll change.

If Square Enix are pulling a fast one on us and a THF job is a surprise like SCH/SMN was, and that green gear is their AF... I will be bowing in seiza chanting gomenasai faster than a MNK builds GLIII with PB.

Can't say that i'm overly excited about the update.

Not looking forward to the huge wave of DPS. I might not play that role on Balmung but I like switching it up on Odin. Well, I liked switching it up at any rate, probably not going to bother once rogue/ninja hits.

Not overly interested in the Sunken Temple HM. The normal dungeon was kind of 'meh' for me, going back doesn't really spike my interest. 

The story and it's relevant dungeon might be interesting but, have to wait and see. I've only just caught up with the story on this alt and the last update wasn't as good as I thought it was... 

I think the only thing that's really caught my eye is the Sastasha HM. And that's mainly for the sake of squid-pirates.

Might as well toss my opinion out here.

For the three new dungeons I kinda loled about Sastasha HM because it feels like SE went "Hmm whats cooler than pirates? Demon/Eldrich Pirates! DUH!" Either way though at the end of the day, pirates are still cool. Just need a ninja dungeon now.

I rather liked Qarn as it felt a bit more like something you might find in a Zelda game and I love stuff that punishes players who want to run around willy-nilly stabbing at things and putting stuff where it doesn't belong. Something that rewards more strategy and punishes run-n-gun tactics is fine by me.

Snowcloak has a lot of potential, notably it could be used as a way to unlock the Western Coerthas Highlands for exploration and it's always nice to see an old face like Fenrir as a boss. I also am wondering if we will be able to see the ruins of Falcon's Nest and/or Camp Riversmeet hidden within the ice.

Totally looking forward to all the Ninja stuff for my Doman and some other of my chars and if they sneak in another job like THF for all those Locke fans it would just add to the awesome... while also helping make solo DPS queues HORRIBLY impractical. Gonna be seeing Syrcus Tower groups where all the DPS are ninjas, I've seen it for BRDs.

I really REALLY hope something is done about the mat drop rate as has been said before, though I read someplace about how Yoshi-P was playing and talked to someone who had been trying to get a set from the old set of HM dungeons but kept getting nothing but mats and it made him think that looking cool is more important than mats so he would look into fixing it somehow. Idk how much further he has gotten into it but we can hope right?

Other things I'm looking forward to are new hairstyles and armor. Can never be too cute and/or badass.

Other things I'm looking forward to are new hairstyles and armor. Can never be too cute and/or badass.

Hoping hard that the new tomestone currency tank gear looks decent this go around. Or that the new Expert Dungeons tank gear looks nice too! And that SE will lay off the skill speed on everything. And new hairstyles are always good! ^^

Oh and third coil tank gear! =D /drool. Although... they haven't said ANYTHING about Third Coil. They've been super hush hush which makes me think... it's either super spoilerific or something's wrong and they're waiting til last minute to release anything about it.

It looks like tank gear...

It reminds me of the PLD Lion pvp set you can get. Not sure if that is it though.

Not the lionsmane armor, possibly 3rd coil gear or i90 dungeon

As long as I can get that armor the Hyur is wearing, IDC how I get it. I just want it. =o

Let's hope it's not just new 2.4 NPC outfit only.

The one on the left has the Allagan cross marks on it. I'm guessing Third Coil gear.

Guessing on new i90 gear from new dungeons.

No glowy elements on the armor for it to be 3rd coil, unless SE throws us in for a loop....

First Coil didn't have glowy elements on Allagan. They don't necessarily need to keep the glowy bits from HA.... *shrug*

The one on the left has the Allagan cross marks on it. I'm guessing Third Coil gear.

No glowy elements on the armor for it to be 3rd coil, unless SE throws us in for a loop....

First Coil didn't have glowy elements on Allagan. They don't necessarily need to keep the glowy bits from HA.... *shrug*

But I like the glowy D:

Oh yeah, that's true. But the accessories do have some sort of glow, though. (i.e. earrings, wristbands, etc etc etc)

• 2 weeks later...