Eternal Bond: Using it?

Kage

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not ICly... Especially with how it got pushed back to 2.45. Since Jaques & Vaughn were set on it being a date that meant a lot two of them.... we'd have to push things back another year if we wanted to use their anniversary of getting together as the date. Yes its sappy shut up

:love:

I actually might not for a long while (ICly). The idea of marriage terrifies my character a little, especially since it wouldn't really benefit her in the long term (or at least she thinks.) We'll see. It will really take someone to rock her world to even consider it.

The one thing I've never done is gotten married ICly. 11 years of rping in MMOs and I always chickened out and broke up the engagements through the story before they went anywhere. I may be afraid of IC commitment.

It seems scary to me. Wouldn't RP get stale and boring once your married? This is a serious question and not at all a slight on marriage RP. I really want to know, how does it work?

The one thing I've never done is gotten married ICly. 11 years of rping in MMOs and I always chickened out and broke up the engagements through the story before they went anywhere. I may be afraid of IC commitment.

It seems scary to me. Wouldn't RP get stale and boring once your married? This is a serious question and not at all a slight on marriage RP. I really want to know, how does it work?

Hmm! As someone who has played his character in a relationship for a year going (IC ups and downs aside), I can say that it's only as stale as a roleplayer makes it. It's up to us to keep things interesting and challenge ourselves -- no one is gonna do that for us. 

A married couple being  forced into battle together (or similar strife) can be a platform for powerful, emotional scenes. Hell, at the moment I'm in skype with Caleb roleplaying a fight against a bunch of thugs -- and it's SO MUCH MORE interesting because of their bond. The mutual concern for each other, the spikes of rage when one sees the other getting hurt, the fear of the other one being grievously harmed...and you know what? A ring on the finger and the status of 'lul married' isn't going to change that at all, unless we as players let it. 

If there's someone you trust enough and enjoy enough to provide your character a partner along with an interesting time, go for it! Only if you REALLY want to, of course!

It changes, but it doesn't really decline. The panicky fluttery parts of losing someone get replaced with the warmth of having a partner through thick and thin. For inner-personal RP you get to have a bond with someone that's more than just casual dating or longing and for larger-scaled action RP it gives you someone to fight for/have fight for you.

Considering I'm forever alone I'm doing it purely for OOC reasons.

I want that stuff. Whatever it may be. I want it.

Getting married for the stuff, eh? Kage, you scandalous scoundrel, you.

Come, let uncle golddigger Berrod show you how it's done...

Considering I'm forever alone I'm doing it purely for OOC reasons.

I want that stuff. Whatever it may be. I want it.

Find a friend to make an alt and just do it that way :) I have a friend who is making a fun game out of it with her buddy that she's making his character's 'ideal woman' (appearence wise anyways) for him to get hitched too so he can get all the cool shit.

Enterprise, Kage. Start up a business of just modeling trophy wives/husbands and reap the rewards for dozens of hollow, empty marriages!

"Female bachelorette that just wants the benefits of an eternal bond? Meet a dashing Lalafell bachelor that will be -your- trophy husband! He's a Sultansworn to boot!"

Enterprise, Kage. Start up a business of just modeling trophy wives/husbands and reap the rewards for dozens of hollow, empty marriages!

"Female bachelorette that just wants the benefits of an eternal bond? Meet a dashing Lalafell bachelor that will be -your- trophy husband! He's a Sultansworn to boot!"

Women love a man in uniform.

Especially if they can be cute while doing it!

Especially if they can be cute while doing it!

/lalafellpanic

"He'll even sit on the shelf for awhile so long as you feed him."