[Weekly]Fight Club (new and improved)

(IC)

Welcome.

If you're here and reading this you've probably heard the rumors or have seen first hand that I am hosting my own exhibitions involving fighting. I'm a fan of real fighting, bare-chested and bare-handed combat. Man to man with no magics, weapons, or anything that isn't your apart of your natural body. Well after the first couple of events some small changes are coming.

It's been a long week and its time to work some of the frustration and stress off. You guard piss-ant nobles who can't wipe themselves and yearn for a brawl once in a while. You apprentice for a blacksmith who takes credit for all of your hard work and barely pays you. You're a street rat and you scrap nightly for food and are looking for a big payday after spending all those years on the streets honing your fighting prowess. You're a Miqo woman looking to prove yourself, you're rich and famous and want to wear a mask and enjoy living an alter-ego. You're a member of law enforcement and you're tired of seeing people get away with any crime with the right amount of coin, and its time to vent.

I frankly won't give a shit as to why you will show up, just that you do. I don't care too much about who you are, just that you show up. The money is there mostly to draw a crowd, all the same I expect quality entertainment. So help you if I find out fights are being thrown for it.

There are rules :

1) No weapons

2) No armor of any kind

3) No shoes

4) No tops (bras only for women)

5) No claws for you Miqo out there

6) No biting, and avoid too much hair pulling.

The payout will go to the finalists, and it will be 80-20. 200k gil to the winner, 50k gil to the loser of the finals.

I don't care about fighting styles. You want to box people only so be it. You want to wrestle and use submissions to win, so be it.

People will get hurt, and people will cheer when you get hurt. This isn't the Grindstone where we all look away and wince when you are bested by your opponent. Your opponents will leave bruised and in pain. You will leave bruised and in pain. You will be healed though all the same and I will take care of any cost incurred by that. You're here to fight for yourselves as much as for the entertainment of your peers. Don't hold back.

This Sunday the third such event will take place. We have a new location that is no longer in Coerthas. From now on all future fight nights will take place in Bronze Lake. Nice warm waters to fight in and a bar to crawl to after your beat.

I look forward to seeing you.

( Fight Club will take place at 6 PM EST/EDT every Sunday. There will always be two fights at once going to help compress the event slightly. Please look forward to it. )

I got to see the first one and that was pretty fun.

Wanted to ask about the overall tone for the event, because Spahro screaming on the box top was a lot of fun. Very entertaining.

Jancis tried to bet on some of the fights. (Also she still owes Cici like three coins... terrible gambling debt)

Is betting allowed?

Also will there be a roll room we can spectate in since it'll only be a couple fights at the same time?

I got to see the first one and that was pretty fun.

Wanted to ask about the overall tone for the event, because Spahro screaming on the box top was a lot of fun. Very entertaining.

Jancis tried to bet on some of the fights. (Also she still owes Cici like three coins... terrible gambling debt)

Is betting allowed?

Also will there be a roll room we can spectate in since it'll only be a couple fights at the same time?

We used rolz the last week (and probably the one prior). The two fights were split to keep confusion down. 

...bet anyways? xD

I would love to do one of these but I play on PS4 and my son hogs the laptop....any phone help or ideas?

It'll work on a phone. You might have a bit more fun typing it out though. Luckily, Otto uses the default dice roll, which is 1D20. The site can appear to hang at  times, so pushing the roll button more than once may result in extra rolls happening. (I usually take whatever my first roll was for maximum fairness, if this happens)

rolz.org for reference :)

I would love to do one of these but I play on PS4 and my son hogs the laptop....any phone help or ideas?

It'll work on a phone. You might have a bit more fun typing it out though. Luckily, Otto uses the default dice roll, which is 1D20. The site can appear to hang at  times, so pushing the roll button more than once may result in extra rolls happening. (I usually take whatever my first roll was for maximum fairness, if this happens)

Thanks! I will take a look. I've never done a dice battle in the game. @_@

It works a lot like freeform + DnD.

So an example would be like:

rolz1: 1D20 #attack

((output)) 

Fighter 11D20 => 19 #attack

Fighter 1> /em takes a heavy fist and swings at Fighter 2 (19)

rolz1: 1D20 #defense

((output)) Fighter 21D20 => 15 #defense

Fighter 2> /em is unable to dodge the attack and is punched in the gut (15).

Some of us will chain some defense and attack together into a bigger paragraph too. When I do this, I like to designate them like (Atk:19, Def:15) or so.

It works a lot like freeform + DnD.

So an example would be like:

rolz1: 1D20 #attack

((output))  Fighter 11D20 => 19 #attack

Fighter 1> /em takes a heavy fist and swings at Fighter 2 (19)

rolz1: 1D20 #defense

((output)) Fighter 21D20 => 15 #defense

Fighter 2> /em is unable to dodge the attack and is punched in the gut (15).

Some of us will chain some defense and attack together into a bigger paragraph too. When I do this, I like to designate them like (Atk:19, Def:15) or so.

I may need to see it in full action to fully understand. I do get the concept but I am one of those needs to see it live to really get the full grasp of it. :) Thank you and Warren for helping me. I do appreciate it.

I've seen betting going on both weeks so far, so think it's alright. Just don't bet on Sounsyy. Don't do it. Ask Aysun, you'll loose everything. @_@

Aysun is still rooting for her though! Three cheers for the underdog!

I'd root for Mirke too :^)

Also please bet on the fights, just don't let me find out fights are being thrown for it. The idea behind events like this isn't necessarily winning or losing, just venting out the weeks frustrations.

Thank you for the support people have shown, I am happy week three is shaping up to have some more participants and since we are going this in Bronze Lake perhaps people can show up in Swimsuits and relax.

The idea behind events like this isn't necessarily winning or losing, just venting out the weeks frustrations.

So it is kind of like something that people should be a little more rowdy at?

Fighters should be yelling, maybe envisioning what they're mad at as their opponent?

I could imagine that if someone is too "boring" to watch maybe they'd be dismissed from the fight tournament...

The idea behind events like this isn't necessarily winning or losing, just venting out the weeks frustrations.

Fighters should be yelling, maybe envisioning what they're mad at as their opponent?

I could imagine that if someone is too "boring" to watch maybe they'd be dismissed from the fight tournament...

All of the above if you prefer. Some dont speak at all, some speak with every line (Franz, Burning Blood).

Some people only occaisonally comment, some people silently watch. Its all welcome.

All of the above if you prefer.  Some dont speak at all, some speak with every line (Franz, Burning Blood).

Some people only occaisonally comment, some people silently watch.  Its all welcome.

It's more fun to speak with every action. It makes fights a "conversation" xD

Perhaps I could pay Jancis to be the 'ring girl' and announce the fights in her swimsuit - holding up the sign indicating the round like the showgirls do at boxing matches.

Hmmm

All of the above if you prefer.  Some dont speak at all, some speak with every line (Franz, Burning Blood).

Some people only occaisonally comment, some people silently watch.  Its all welcome.

On the flip side, quietly concentrating makes the stakes seem higher. Unless people are screaming obscenities with every fight, casually having conversation is an intensity-killer for me. I'd liken it to UFC or boxing, where you don't hear much from fighters except between rounds.

Then again, you've mostly all seen how I post Warren fighting, so I suppose the crossover is obvious.

/sees himself out

On the flip side, quietly concentrating makes the stakes seem higher. Unless people are screaming obscenities with every fight, casually having conversation is an intensity-killer for me. I'd liken it to UFC or boxing, where you don't hear much from fighters except between rounds.

Then again, you've mostly all seen how I post Warren fighting, so I suppose the crossover is obvious.

/sees himself out

I wouldn't call it a casual conversation, but I also don't like shouting obscenities, so that bleeds over. (Feel free to use them against me anytime though.)

I'll prolly match my RP to fit the person I'm going against. I mean, monologuing or giving the silent treatment can only go so far.