The Red Wings: Take Flight

The first thing that Kiht noticed was the waterfall. The salty sea air burned her nose a bit, so she was not picking up subtle scents as well as she could have been. She surveyed the area until she felt something amiss.

However, she would not be left wondering for long. Siha appeared, and the Moon-sister was unmistakeable even in the dock-worker's garb. But Kiht still reacted in a bit of mild surprise. Her eyes widened a bit, but she made no hostile moves. She surveyed Siha for a moment until she said her name. "Miss Kiht?".

Kiht threw back her cowl to fully reveal her head, and made it clear that it was indeed her. "Greetings Siha." She said in a calm, but serious tone. The fact that Siha was there confirmed it was not a trap, but it was still a strange situation. Something was totally amiss for Siha to have set up a meeting in such a way. Kiht's posture was stable, but a bit stiff. She was ready for serious business.

"May I ask what the Hells is going on?" Kiht stated in a clam tone, but it betrayed her confusion. Her attention was then completely on Siha. Her ears perked in a curious, non-hostile manner, and her eyes were hardly blinking.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sixteen... Seventeen... Eighteen...

The terrified muffled sound resumed. The sly Kahn'a had tried to fill his lungs with precious air as soon as the fateful sound of fingers snapping split the air. But there were too many factors making it hard to keep level-headed. No he would not die, but he was to experience true fear until he somehow appealed to the cruel fiend.

This time he cried not when he recovered, but screwed up his head, his hair pulled roughly, angling his head in an uncomfortable position. His shaking was tremendous, the iced water adding to his apprehension of pain, of death. He let out a grunt.

Get your filthy mitts off, witch.

One by one, the barriers of civilization that Kahn'a had worked hard to erect were falling. And like a cornered wild beast, his heart started filling with primal hatred, a strong urge to harm something.

No, don't give in, don't give in. Please don't fucking give in.

Like a red thread meant to guide him through the maze of sadism, he kept repeating this line in his head. He had to hang onto something to keep his mind from just spilling everything, and anything.

Out of the blue, Kahn'a chuckled, barely making a noise, you could only tell by the twisted smirk, confused between pain, sarcasm and disgust.

"Intimate? Aaaaah," he sighed, hanging his head back, defeated. "Look at me, Hyur, take a real close look, since you already dare breathe down my neck. This could have been you, I could have been you. There is nothing separating us. Nothing."

"You want answers?" he squinted. "Very well. You're serving someone from beyond the border with your search. Remnants of well-hidden corruption, it had enough time to produce an awful lot of paper, of orders, orders that you're following presently."

"You want to know where the Wings are? Aaaah," he breathed out, almost relieved, "I have nothing to tell you, for I know nothing. Tainted Command must be desperate if they order their fiends to work on assumptions, on guesses. You can drown me all you want, you can perhaps kill me if you keep going. Nothing I shall say will set you on the path of those I got caught for."

"Being who you are, you should know. In your field, ignorance is the strongest of shield."

The shot would have hit its mark with near-preceicion. Embedding itself just above the knee, not hitting the joint directly on, the wound was enough to temporarily cripple him.

Titor dropped his satchel with a muffled yelp. He had no time to scan the area or get a glimpse of his attackers, but went to dodge for cover, dragging himself along the ground and digging into the dirt with his one good leg. His teeth were clenched as red began to stain the grey clothing. 

There was not enough time to treat the wound, he had to find shelter. His crawling would have not been fast enough to take full shelter, or any if that. The Bazaar was not heavily guarded, and no one dared come to his rescue. His breathing quickened as he started to sketch a geometry as a barrier. The pain in his leg was distracting, but not enough to prevent him from executing the geometry. Unless he was shot again or intercepted fast, he would have a temporary, weak bunker behind the wall of aether.

The soldiers of A'trus squad watched Titor go down, blood squirting across the sands.  The soldier disgused as a beggar was the closest and like the bullet, was rushing at Titor with great spead.  The man twirled a pair of bola fast enough to blur the hunting instument.  A pair of shackles hung from his belt and they clanked together sinisterly as the spinning weapon sliced the air.  He neared Titor and stood several paces away, the weapon whizzing over his head.

"Roll over on your face and put your hands on the ground!" the solider shouted loudly.  "In the name of the Flames and her Majesty you are under arrest!  Any resistance will result in further harm to yourself and your fellow Red Wings!"

Aboard the Zulu, A'trus felt the airship shift as it flew in an arc around the Bazaar to the south to provide the Leuitant a better shot.  His crosshairs hovered over the wounded Red Wing's other knee as he waited for Titor to comply or resist.

"It's not over till its over."  A'trus whispered as half a dozen soldiers from his unit began entering the bazaar.  Some might say it was excessive having this much force for one person.  A'trus didn't care.  No one ever regretted being over prepared.  Especially not him.

The Cell

Kresha jerked her head back and smiled triumphantly as she released Kahn'a's hair. 

"Well now, sounds like you do know more than what you were telling me at first.  Tsk tsk.  Bad kitty."  Kresha turned and looked at her fellow soldiers.

"Set up the "Blood Salt" technique." the soldiers nodded and the door to the cell opened.

Over the next hour, the three men brought in ten buckets, each larger than the first.  They then brought in several towels and, finally a cheese grater.  They placed the metal cheese grater on a small table before Kahn'a and then left.  Kresha looked down the water inside the bucket as she spoke.

"Mr. Od'hilkas.  You clearly know more than what you told me. I mean a plot that is causing us to torture you unfairly...that's something.  Do you see that cheese grater there?  I'm going to take that and start peeling your flesh off.  I don't know when I'll stop.  But once I do, one of my men is going wrap a towel around your ruined face and we are going to pour salt water all over your bloody face.  I can repeat this over and over, and each time I get a bucket it will be bigger than the last so your suffering will only increase.  If you pass out, I will inject a drug into your veins that will wake you up and set all your nerve endings into a state of hyper-awareness."

Kresha looked over at Kahn'a as she walked to the door of the cell.

"You have one hour to think it over.  If you decide to continue being resistant, you will suffer like you never thought possible."  Kresha then slammed the door and plunged Kahn'a into darkness, leaving him alone with his thoughts, the worst torture in a way.

Titor glanced up at the soldier above him from behind his cowl. He heard more soldiers approaching. If this man were lying, and they were not actually from the Flames, he had no chance at resistance anyway. If they were from the Flames, his loyalty lie with them, and he would willingly follow them. Either way, this was a heavily one-sided fight, and he was not entirely sure if his assailant's motives were pure and lawful, in the end, they could be enemy double-agents with the nerve to try to take out the elite spy force of the Flames. Titor would comply for now, but not speak more or reveal any further information until he knew exactly whether these soldiers were in the wrong, or if it were indeed the Red Wings.

Titor rolled over in the sand, dissipating his geometry without ever fully constructing the barrier. He was careful to try to not get sand in his wound, but in the middle of the desert and on the ground that was futile. 

Sand was everywhere at this point from wallowing around on the ground. In his eyes, in his mouth, nose, in his wound. He placed his hands on the ground and remains silent.

Just outside the cave and a few feet away; Youkio crouched atop a rock, hand gingerly probing his shiner. Wincing he stopped; his ears twitching as he strained to overhear the conversation between the two women. Up till this point it had been easy to follow Siha's scent but being closer to the sea had masked her smell...that and the other woman she was meeting with but it was still her; that was clear when the other woman called her by name.

Rocking his head left and right; Youkio cracked his neck with a satisfying pop before settling onto the rock in a more comfortable sitting position. He could go ahead and announce his presence now, but waiting might prove to be more informative since Tempest was keeping her mouth shut on the details. Youkio wanted to help her, but it was difficult to provide much help if she didn't tell him what exactly was going on. Blowing a puff of air through his lips silently; Youkio rolled his shoulders as he listened, antsy to get this over and done with so he could return to his current house.

Just as quickly as the parrot had left, he returned; landing atop the roof. "Boss says ya'll are alright." He cawed, moving from the roof to Siegheart's head with more of a calculated jump than glide. Tilting it's head to the side; Skittles cocked an eye at Cliodhna.

"We're alright huh? That's good to know..." She murmured, reaching up to hold out her arm to the bird.

"No thank's lady, he's comfy." Skittles replied, hopping on Sieg's head a couple of times for emphasis.

Shrugging, Cliodhna lowered her arm. "Fair enough, but you seem to be a new friend to your boss, don't remember him having ya last time we met." Guiding Pepper to a hitching post by this point and removing the saddle bags in order to stash them in the house, though it was more busywork than anything. The more time Cliodhna was stationary, the more time she had to worry about things. Her main concerns were Siha's well-being, the quickly slapped together plan, Erik's safety, and if the Keeper in Flame's hands would break and reveal where the rest of them had scattered to. As it was now; no one was aware the three of them were still near Limsa, but Osric and his group were. If a team was dispatched this way; it was only a matter of time before they realized they were still here as well. Or if an escape to the Shroud was made; they could be walking into another ambush.

Closing her eyes and hands gripped tightly on Pepper's reigns, Cliodhna forced herself to calm down. What was with the sudden wave of uneasiness? This was rarely a problem for her when a mission went array before. Sieg's words echoed in her mind. Emotions, stupid emotions. They were starting to creep in and dig roots in her, making her think of the others, making her feel things that should not be felt when in the middle of a situation like this.

Biting her bottom lip hard, Cliodhna frowned. She had gotten comfortable waking in Erik's arms each morning, gotten used to seeing the rest of the unit each day and how they functioned more like a family, even the building would bring a calming sense of familiarity when it would appear in her line of sight.

"Hells...." She murmured under her breath. Family was not important, friends even less so, the most important thing should always be the task at hand; the objective required to get the job done and get out alive. That's what was needed right now. No, it wasn't the Red Wing's way of doing things; it was the years of Imperial training that surfaced, that screamed at her; get your job done and SURVIVE.

"Someone's gotta watch out for 'em. Fool'd be strung up by now on his own." Skittles sniffed, raising his beak in the air self importantly.

The parrot's words drawing Cliodhna from her thoughts, forcing her features to smooth, she gave it a wary smile. "Ya ain't lyin bird, ya ain't lyin." Though hollow to her own ears, Clidohna knew it was the proper response in words and tone that would put the bird at ease and make herself appear to have a grip on the situation.

They didn't need her as she was now; they needed the Imperial solider and that's what Cliodhna would garb herself in. Her mask, the child prodigy that could kill a man without a backwards glance at a young age, eager for the praise it would get her when the mission was over, the mask that would let her blend in and adapt to any situation, the mask of perfect confidence and poise, precise planning and razor sharp execution. Cliodhna took a slow breath and started to brush the road out of Pepper's feathers; she wasn't quite sure when she had lost herself, but now was the time she desperately needed Nightshade back.

The Miqo'te caught himself being very proficient with a flourished vocabulary of foul words to describe Kresha. He could not believe she was only doing her job, there was something else. Something much darker.

Silly Hyur, he thought. Their social nature, massing them in clusters piled in these towns. They never really knew the meaning of quietude, of isolation. Of meditation. The Miqo'te, him, was quite comfortable being alone. The utter darkness was not the most convenient, but it was nothing to fear either.

He watched her and her lapdogs leave the room.

"Funny," he whistled once the door was closed. "They plunge me in this closed space without light, yet they are the ones in the dark. They need to know." The Keeper took a few moments to appreciate that truth. Alas, it was little more than seconds. His challenging smirk fell, and he let out a heavy sigh, weighed with weariness.

He needed out. Somehow. Now that he was given some time to breathe, he could calm himself. Binds? Yes, they were still very tight. It looked like he would have to deal with the filthy Hyur again. And he would rather bark at one of her men to stick her in rather than giving her another show of pain that she seemed to get off from.

He had to come up with something.

Did he pass out? The hour seemed so short, and the door slammed open with the benevolent little company making their way to the Keeper once again. Kahn'a followed them with his eyes. He only dared look at her when she planted herself in front of him. She had the look of someone who knew she was about to get what she wanted.

"I'll talk," Kahn'a finally said in a shameful whisper. "But atsa Flame soldier, grant me some dignity. I would like to be dressed a little more for this."

"It could take some time."

Yes, Kahn'a. This is all you can do.

The office was colder then it should have been. The man within seemed comfortable though. It was a small office, one that would suit a man recognized for skill, but ignored for greatness. Toward the back of the office he sat, a small device on his table. A Garlean projector, a device that could carry images in motion through the aether for one to view. Most who saw it would call it magic, but it was only a science. He had seen a large scale model in the R&D labs and even once while delivering papers to the Red Wings' hall. Nothing he couldn't cobble together with the right materials. He was an educated man, a good family, no one ever told him no..... except for life.

He stared with intent and a little joy as he watched Lieutenant Od'hilkas swim in air. He disliked this Miqo'te greatly. It was like a nameday present when he learned of his capture. As he, a humble clerk, delivered documents to the cells, ignored..... always ignored..... no one noticed him plant the scanner. No one saw him set up to watch it all unfold. They always underestimated his greatness..... but they will all see soon. Then they will know how wrong they all were.

A rare thing then happened as the water poured over Kahn'a's face. The humble clerk laughed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erik waited for Mikh'a to shut the door behind them. "An excellent performance, roses are in order if we were not busy." he said as he drew back his hood and opened his sack, hidden under his cloak. "This room has......... yes, an access to the telescopic instruments on the roof." He set to work, hooking unfamiliar tech to the ports. He turned to Mikh'a, tossing him a locket and chain. "You still have my eye? Put it in that. Then we will begin on phase two."

A'trus pulled the scope from his face as his soldier approached Titor and forcibly bound the shackles behind the hyurs back. The miqo'te grinned as the Zulu moved itself forward and descended till it was twenty feet off the earth.  The lieutenant sling his weapon across his back as Rungee readied a rope. 

"Coming down Chalahko?" A'trus said with a triumphant tone before he took the length of coiled bands and repelled down slowly, his gloves smoking slightly from the action. As his boots crunched the earth where he planted himself, he turned and cast his mis-matched eyes on Titor. The soldier hauled Titor to his feet. A figure in white approached the capture hyur and stood by, aether gathering in the conjurers hand, ready to heal.

"Good day, Master Titor. I am Leuitenant A'trus Mewtinie, commanding officer of the Black Chains. You are being taken to stand trial to resolve concerns over the nature of the Red Wings and their illicit activities. You will be taken and held indefinatly against your will until the rest of your unit joins yourself in holding. If you wish to address the locations of your fellow Red Wings, such information will  look positive for your trial." 

A'trus paused.

"Anything you wish to say?" A'trus said as his soldiers gathered around to watch.

The Cell

Kresha entered, the light spilling into the room. She stood there, here arms crossing over her waiste as her assistants followed after. They all set their eyes on Kahn'aas the miqo'te began speaking. His mannerisms had changed and Kresha wwatched him with hard eyes as she replied.

"You do deserve clothes but those will only be given back to you after the information is given. You have my word. So now then, what is it you wanted to say?"

Titor too!? A'trus you're a monster. >:C

Mikh'a fumbled with the locket. It danced and bounced off of the tips of his fingers as it was tossed to him and he barely caught it by the chain, the object dangling there from the first knuckle of his left ring finger. Nope, still bad at life. The boy groaned in relief and were his ears not already flat from the hat they would have been then. The praise from Erik received a weak smile, not because he didn't appreciate it, but because by the time that door had been locked he was shaking so hard he wasn't sure he could talk. Now that they were alone and the adrenaline could start wearing off his little heart was pounding like a terrified rabbits and he was feeling woozy. The boy was more than grateful for a moment to catch his breath after that little performance and he only hoped if he had to that he could do it again.

Digging the eye out of the belt pouch he carefully unwrapped it from its well guarded hiding place and slid it in to place in the locket before he walked over to join Erik again. "What is all of this going to do?" he asked while searching the man's face. Erik had been secretive up to this point, but there they were ready to start and he wanted to know if only so that he could be a little bit more helpful.

He did give a long enough pause to admire the telescope, mind you, and were the situation different he might have wanted to climb right up on to it and start picking at how it was put together, how it worked, learning it so he could take it home and replicate it. There was no time for that now, the longer they spent on the run and away from their broken little family the more dangerous this was going to get for them.

(been at work, just covering the response to Rungee before the main post)

///pre capture///

Nako opened his eyes, and looked at Rungee, "It's happened before." was all he said, in a nonchallant manner, as if it was run of the mill for him. Closing his eyes, he returned to his breathing exercise.

////post capture.////

"They have another, not the Captain, silver bazaar. Stay strong, help is coming" he sent once, before opening his eyes and nodding to A'trus. Getting to his feet, he stretched his arms and legs, letting the blood flow back into the previously dormant extremities. following after him, he lowered himself to the ground, sliding down the rope to land deftly on his feet with a crunch.

walking over to the assembled crowd he picked a vial out of his pocket and held it in his hands, he would collect his souvenier once A'trus was done, no sense in ruining the dramatic moment for him by meandering over just to collect some blood.

He stood ready to watch the response.

Titor was captured without any resistance as to the soldiers shackling him. When he was brought to his feet, his gaze flickered from the people moving around him, to his bleeding leg. His leg was bleeding fairly good, a bit more than would be normal for a hyur due to his anemia. Nevertheless, he was not too set on healing it at the moment.

Titor's mismatched eyes met the mismatched eyes of A'trus. They looked around occasionally in thought as he was taking in the information that was being given to him. Titor had followed Erik, quite blindly actually. He never did a full background check, nor even tried to pry into his items. Maybe the Red Wings were really in the wrong here. 

His loyalty was to the Flames. To Ul'dah. To the people. He wanted to do what was right. If Erik had mislead the other Red Wings and was knowingly doing illicit activities and trying to harm others, Titor would tell them everything he knew.

However, if these Black Chains were the ones doing illicit activities, he would tell them nothing. Nothing at all.

For now, he was not sure who was the right, and who was the wrong.

"My Loyalty is to the Immortal Flames, to Ul'dah and Her people." He said in an unwavering tone. "I shall find out whether it is you or my Unit whose intentions are pure. Any interrogation that happens will be just as much for you than it is for me, even if you do not think it will be." With that he averted his gaze to the ground, remaining silent after that.

Do you get sort of sick pleasure from it you-

Kahn'a smiled.

"Sit, sit." he suggested, almost inviting. He knew she would not heed his word, but he had all the reasons to delay matters as much as possible. Especially because... Kahn'a liked the face he had been given.

"However I would really like some clothes for the long story. Here, I'll give you a sample that should get your attention." Dangerous game he was playing, but at the point he was... It was better than betrayal. Even though during those life-threatening moments, he had truly considered it. Selling his comrades for his life. A part of him, during those instants, had wanted to call them cowards for not facing hardships head on, to hate them. The line of tolerance was a thin thing, doubly so for the Keeper so very wary of others.

"You were right," he started, "We have been set up."

And so Kahn'a started telling the facts. How the Captain had received unsigned orders, specifying that they would go on a mission stripped of their best asset. How he thought this was Redaction being cast on them. How they lost the carriage of Garlean weapons in an ambush. He obviously left all locations out of the tale, he could not endanger them.

"And after we discussed what should be our course of action against this set up, I followed some of them back to Ul'dah, and I-"

The world blinked again, and for the second time, he heard a voice in his head. Had he gone mad? It would have been understandable, no doubt had this frigid bitch broken one too many men, he could have been on of them too. In fact he was about to. But no, the voice.

It was as simple as someone speaking to him. Someone was speaking to him. How, Kahn'a did not have a single clue, but it was happening regardless. Was someone truly coming for him?

The Miqo'te had not realized that he had stopped his story, his jaw hanging as if he was forming more words. He swallowed, and felt a tear roll down his cheek.

"I left them." Kahn'a resumed his story, wet eyes blinking at the woman. A glint of hope shone in this eye, the hope that somebody was moving to get him out. To the lady, it could have easily passed as a hope of redemption, after an especially compromising confession. "I could not support their decision to flee. I left before I could hear more of their so-called plan. I had faith in the Flames."

Kahn'a hung his head. "I genuinely have no idea where they went. I just wanted to save my hide, so I tried to bait Flames to me by throwing my name in the low streets, hoping for a catch. It... It worked."

Erik kept his eye forward as he worked, "We cannot use the pearls, they can be broken into and even used to back-channel... to find us. There is one man who could help us clear our name, but I need to contact him without a pearl... in case I am wrong about him. This telescope is a marvel of technology, aetheric powered and able to lock into a wide range of spectrum. We can use it to send a signal as easily as it gets one. Commander Ryder is my commanding officer, he has known me for years and will not be as swayed by blind reports. We need to contact him and have him begin the work needed in Ul'dah. He may be of help to Ka....." he paused. His instinct to protect the boy, but he was no boy. Erik had to remember that this little oath brother was becoming a man. Respect of that would be needed. He turned from his work, looking Mikh'a in the eye, "They have Kahn'a. We must finish this part of the plan and move to rescue him. He has been taken by the Black Chains, and if they have him, he may be better off dead if we cannot reach him."

He turned back to his work, letting the silence hang in the air. He finished the hook ups as there came a knock at the door. Erik felt blind, his eye gone from him. He could still see through it if he concentrated, but the ability to see aetheric auras was lost it the eye was away from him. He could not count how many were on the other side of the door, but heard at least three. He continued, "I must finish this if the Lieutenant has a prayer to live. It is most likely the older man who gave us the room, but there are others with him. Go out and meet them, lead them from this room until I have finished." His hands worked faster, "Wear the chain, I can see through it as I work, and the stone in the locket is a closed-circuit pearl. I will hear you and you me. You have your orders soldier. Move out."

Erik didn't know. Only two people knew, and Erik was not one of them.

They have Kahn'a.

It hit him full force, like a ton of bricks. He stood there almost dazed as it sank in. Things Erik said after that sort of faded in and out for the briefest time. Words like rescue him, and better off dead stuck out strongly. He only knew the name Black Chains in passing and yet still he felt like someone had poured ice water in his veins as it all started to sink in. It took the poor boy a second to collect himself, the panicked look on his face telling of everything going through his head in that instance. His hand came up to grip the chain just above the locket as if he were trying to still his trembling though it wasn't working.

Calm down.

Something about the Elezen. He knew they were out there, he could hear their breathing. What he lacked in good eyesight he made up for in with above average hearing, and smelling. There were quiet whispers between them, nothing that indicated they had heard anything Mikh'a and Erik had spoke of but he was barely paying attention. His gaze swung back around to Erik again.

Breathe.

His hands moved without even thinking about it. He pulled the chain over his head and secured the locket around his neck. Distract the Ishgardians. Lead them away from the door, don't let them eavesdrop. Mikh'a straightened then when Erik gave the final order and snapped to attention in the first near flawless Flame Salute he'd ever performed before he turned on heel and moved swiftly to intercept the Elezen before any of them made it within proper hearing range of the door. "Ser!" he called in greeting from the doorway. His face was grim though it matched the fabricated task he and his "master" were meant to be performing.

"I don't think I caught your name..." the Elezen they'd dealt with initially was trying not to seem nosy, while still doing so.

"Apologies. I often forget it's appropriate, most don't ask given my station-- Zana'sae." he gestured. It was the last thing Erik would see of him before the door closed. His voice would fade as he led the group away with an, "My master has need of your--" and then they were moving out of earshot and down the stairs again.

It was likely Erik knew now, what he hadn't known before. The look on the poor boy's face was telling.

Kahn'a...

Ryder had been reading the reports when he received the coded message he had never expected to. The linkpearl it came through had been in his desk for years. Juliette's pearl had not made a sound since the Calamity. He completed his conversation with haste as the man on the other side signed out. Placing the pearl in his desk, taking back its place, he sat silent for a few minutes. Going over in his mind the reports crossing his desk. The reports that on their mission to transfer the tech they killed the contact and fled. Also came the orders Erik had shown him in the days before the mission, he agreed, they agreed that there were forces at work. Ryder had told his Captain to carry out his orders, but that should the obvious happen he would be reached just as Erik had reached him. They were in Coerthas, at least the Captain was. He would be able to take care of himself, but not his man Kahn'a. As per the official directives, the Black Chains were in the right of it. It was still imperative that things go as planned, that the rat was smoked out. He stood and left, heading toward the Black Chain's HQ. He had at least the right to speak with Kahn'a.

Relief flooded the Keeper's features as soon as Kiht revealed her face, not a detail was off and she let the aether along her arms drop completely. The tone the other greeted her in made her stiffen briefly, she must have set her on edge, not her intention but it was actually a positive side effect. The more alert the other was, the better. Her expression was apologetic for a brief moment, and then she settled it back into something stoic and grave, how did one even explain what was going on when they didn't believe it themselves?

"The Red Wings are in trouble Kiht" she started off slowly and her expression crumbled in confusion and slight distress before righteous anger surfaced and snaked up her throat, heating her face and neck. "We don't know why but the Flames have suddenly decided that we are no longer needed...ah...redacted is I believe what Erik called it. The mean to destroy us by one means or another, in this case it seems someone sent us down phony orders and intends to frame us for something. What we're not sure, but it involved quite a bit of Imperial Tech" she rushed quietly, just loud enough for the Keeper to hear her. She'd rather not have the dock workers by chance hear a scrap of anything should they decide to stray this way. With that in mind she moved closer, cautiously, and tried to judge the woman's face while she continued speaking.

"We were forced to split and flee while we try to figure things out. I believe Erik sent me to you with good faith that you could hide myself and two others in the Shroud...but we have other plans. Those who set us up used professionals to steal the tech that I spoke of, they know something, and we intend to find out what but there are only three of us. We need more than that if we intend to take him down and extract what we need to know, namely who ordered his raid on us" she wrinkled her nose in disgust as the thought of the merry little Captain and his friends. They had killed a man and she wouldn't forget that.

Her violet eyes again moved to judge Kiht's expression and her own expression hopefully looked completely sincere when she next spoke, "We did nothing wrong Kiht. We would never do anything to hurt Ul'dah or anyone in it. You know that. Will you help us? Even the extra eyes and ears in the city would do us good. They...they have captured one of our own and gods know what they're doing to him" she couldn't bring herself to speculate again on if it were Mikh'a or Kahn'a they they held in their hands. Both prospects were grim and she needed to stay strong if she were to be of use to anyone.

A'trus nodded at Titor's comment, honestly impressed by the man's response.  Whether Titor meant them or truly or not would be found out later by Kresha. 

"An excellent bit of phrasing." A'trus replied as he saluted Titor respectfully.  "You will be meeting with one of our intelligence officers.  She will be gathering the sincerity of your words, though, thus far, you have been remarkably more cooperative than the other Red Wing we have already seized.  I hope you will talk some sense into him and shed new light onto this matter so that this unnecessary hunt can be brought to an end as soon as possible.  Continue in such a manner and you might find your enlistment with the Flames able to continue.  However, at this time you are considered a potential enemy of the state and shall be deprived of all rights normally associated with a hyur in your position."

A'trus motioned with his hand to the soldier holding Titor on his feet.  The soldier nodded and shifted one one side as another soldier stepped forward and brough a club down with a great deal of force onto the back of Titor's skull in an attempt to send Titor into the blackness of unconsciousness.

A'trus waved a hand and the conjurer in white stepped forward and began to send the aether into the bullet wound in Titor's wound, sowing up sinew and regrowing flesh.  A'trus ran his hand through his hair with his left hand as he waved his right hand over his head at the Zulu hovering above.  A net attached to a winch began to lower down.

A'trus turned to Rungee and nodded at his sergeant.

"Stay with this one until he is loaded aboard the Zulu and then have the Zulu take him to the 'Tank' for processing with Kresha, though inform her to try and be civil with this one.  Once he's in Kresha's possession, return to Ul'dah and report."

"Aye Aye, sir." Rungee saluted."  And what will you be doing?"

A'trus turned his eyes to Chalahko and watched him intently, his mouth moving slowly as he formed words.

"I will be escorting the Second Lieutenant back to Ul'dah by foot to discuss the operation today.  Since he is our consultant."

Rungee visibly bristled at the word but said nothing as he nodded to A'trus and turned to supervise the three soldiers that were loading Titor into the net.  The Sergeant waited until Titor was loaded and then clutched on as waved.  The Zulu crew threw a lever and the net rose with Titor and Rungee to the deck of the ship.  Titor was lain on the ground as the Sergeant began barking orders to the crew.  The Zulu was swift and by the time Titor awoke, he would be locked away deep in one of Kresha's cells.

Back on the ground, A'trus waited, placing his weight on his left leg as the wind tugged at his Flame uniform.  He was watching Chalahko with a visible degree of suspicion in his eyes.  He wasn't sure what it was about this other male miqo'te, but something about him and his sudden inclusion with his unit, especially right as the hunt for the Red Wings was heating up, didn't sit well with him.  Of course, the fact that he was hunting down the Red Wings in the first place, a unit specializing in relief efforts, didn't sit right with him.  A'trus was sessioned enough t to know this whole situation was foul but he was a soldier and soldiers didn't question the orders given.

"Ready to depart whenever you are." A'trus remarked to Chalahko casually as the Zulu hummed overhead as it gained altitude and then began flying over the earth.

The Cell

Kresha listened to Kahn'a's words without letting a single emotion slip onto her face.  He blank mask seemed almost bored.  She made no effort to recover attire for Kahn'a, nor to relax her coiled muscles.  It wasn't until after the miqo'te had finished that she finally spoke, and when she finally did, it had been several minutes of awkward silence.

"I see." Kresha stated, her foot falls clicking as she sauntered over to the cheese grater and snatched it up.  She rolled the metal device over in her hands, noting the blood stains from the last victim she had used it on.  It wasn't pretty, but it was grossly effective.

"So if you knew you were in danger, why the trouble to have us shoot you?  Why not turn yourself in?  Some parts of your story don't add up.  Did you forget to mention something? Or are you lying to me, Mr Od'hilkas?"

Kiht's eyes were wide and focused as Siha spoke. That was not what Kiht expected at all. She was almost certain the issue was something about Roen, but it was not even close.

"You are part of the Red Wings?!" Kiht asked in a surprised tone. She never really knew that, and she just did not quite picture Siha as an Immortal Flames spy. Maybe it had been mentioned before, but never quite sank into Kiht.

However, the question was silly. Siha just told Kiht enough for her to know that Siha was indeed part of the Red Wings. So, before Siha could answer, Kiht spoke again.

"Holy shite Siha... This is not what I expected."

Kiht began to pace a bit as she took a few moments to think. Her brows were furrowed in concern. She placed her thumb and finger to her chin.

"Boar shite..." She said then paused. "The situation is boar shite. You and the Red Wings do the Flames dirty work, and now they try to eliminate you all? How shameful of a Grand Company. How dishonorable. Boar shite." She stated as anger built up in her tone.

Erik, Osric, Kahn'a and then Siha. All involved in a mess that they did not deserve. Kiht had just recently managed to get her and her group away from the rebel life, but Kiht's old title would not leave that easily it seemed. Nymeia wanted to Kiht to be a rebel awhile longer in order to help her friends. Kiht grit her teeth then looked to Siha. Her expression grew furiously determined.

"I will help you and the Wings in every way I can. Be it eyes and ears in Ul'dah, or more than that. However, I had no idea any of this was happening. You will have to guide me into this mess. It sounds like the Flames think the Red Wings are dirt on their precious record now. So, I am willing to help you all fight dirty."

Titor would have quickly been taken out by the blow to the head. 

Once he awoke, he looked around, trying to take in his surroundings. He subconsciously put his hand over his leg, only to be a bit surprised to see it healed. His head was pounding a good one though from the blow. He definitely did not have the thickest skull of the Red Wings. 

It took a bit for him to regain his full mental state, the shot, the head blow, and the suddenness of the situation had caused quite a bit of disorientation. He knew he was captured though, that much was clear. 

And then it all started to come back to him.

Just how time-sensitive was this operation? Either way, he needed to find out who was in the right and fast, before any serious damage could be done to Ul'dah. 

A part of him told him to call out to see if anyone was there. His body told him not to, because anyone who would come in sight probably was not going to have the best ideas of what to do with him next. 

He suppressed a groan, rubbing the back of his head with as little movement and noise he could make.

"N-n-no! I'm not!"

The words were out before the wheels of his mind could spin. This was how Kahn'a realized that fear still had a hold of steel on him.

"I have lived in your world for less than a cycle, I knew not how supposed treacherous brethren would be treated, y-yet I had to approach the Flames regardless. S-so I snuck to that place, that hideout that I knew of from previous operations. I had hoped that the threat of explosives would force a peaceful chat, but your lads proved me wrong. They were bloodthirsty. Not a chance to yield without violence. And I didn't know you would shoot!"

Kahn'a grew uncomfortable, this was probably not the smoothest angle to approach her with. "I'm born hunter, alright? It is not natural for me to head into the beast's maw when you know it could eat you. I-I did what I could to protect myself."

During all that time he had not stopped quaking. Here was another other show of her cruelty. Kahn'a was sure it could not be good for the lungs to remain so cold and so exposed. He tried to find something in the room that could warm his mind, that could help him trick himself. But there was nothing. Just his torturer spinning that damned blade in her hands.

Put it back, you could harm someone with it. There is no need.

Nako nodded at A'trus, "right you are, however, a moment if you will." He walks over to where Titus had fallen, and scooped up some blood off of a rock in the sand where it had pooled. It wasn't much but he hoped it would be enough.

Holding the vial up to A'trus to show him, he offered an explanation. "An old habbit of mine, to take a souvenir after a hunt, however, there wasn't much choice with this one." He slips it into one of many pockets, each filled with vials and crystals. His fingers brushing over his engagement ring, a twin to the one he had given Dweia. He smilled at the thought of her.

"So then, shall we?" He asked, gesturing towards tge general direction of Ul'dah.

(Im going to be away from a pc and phone for most of today, so apologies if replies are late)

[[ I'm so sorry for my lateinvolvement in this. It was a combination of forgetting and irl stuff. ]]

Itwas a long fall in the rain from the top of the bridge to the cold water below. Numerous thoughts raced through Jin's mind but the one that stood out was, "Who set this up?" These thoughts were interrupted however once he hit the cold, dark water. He was breathless for an instant as the sudden temperature change shocked his body but being raised in the Gyr Abania Mountains, he recovered quickly. 

Jintook a deep breath before submerging into the salty water to search for the Elezen man, or what was left of him. He never trusted anyone a hundred percent when it came to business deals. "If this was indeed a set up and not a normal ambush," he thought, "then that corpse should have some sort of useful information on it." Jin's efforts were in vain however. All he managed to find was the coat the elezen was wearing. The pockets had massives in them but anything that would have been legible was lost thanks to the ocean. With a big gasp Jin resurfaced with the coat in hand.

"Hello?"Jin said over his link pearl, "Hey all I found of the elezen was his coat. His body is probably fish food now." He waited for a reply but was greeted with only silence. "Must be some aether interference," he thought to himself as he swam the up the channel, heading to the Moraby Dry-docks. Apart from the ambush and the rain it was a pleasant enough swim. Seagulls could be heard overhead and the breaking of the waves was relaxing. 

Therain come to a small drizzle as Jin made it to the docks, his eyes adjusted to the sun breaking the clouds. "Hello? Mikh'a are you there? I could really use that satchel back." but still Jin was met with silence. "Looks like it's small clothes for the day," he said with a sigh as he made his way the ferry-skipper.

"Excuseme my good man, would this boat be heading towards Limsa?" Jin asked to the back side of an old midlander loading a boat.

"Sureis and ifin ya looking fora ride, ya can help me wit these here boxes." the man said is a pleasant enough tone.

"Perfect,"Jin said happily as he began to load the rest of the cargo into the small boat.

"I'maglad ya needed a ride son, these bo-" the man was cut off as he saw the almost naked miqo'te that was loading cargo. "Son.....were're ya clothes?" his tone flat and confused.

"Lostthem in a bet I'm afraid, save for my coat here that is." Jin said with a laugh. 

Theold man let out a hardy laugh, "Gwahahaha! I see yer mates pulled one on ya eh? Well hop in and I'll see ya git to town."

Jinlied back and rested in the sun, trying to dry off while mulling over the events that happened. He wondered if any of the other Wings ran into trouble and maybe that's why he wasn't having any luck reaching them. Maybe a syndicate member got information on what was being transported and wanted it for his own. Could it have been a setup from someone inside the Wings? Why didn't he just leave his bag on the bridge and come back for it instead of giving it to Mikh'a to hold on to.

"Quityer day dreamin', were here." The old man said as he pulled the boat up to the pier next to the fisherman's guild.

"Thanksfor the ride pops," Jin said with a smile as he hoped off the boat and headed up the dock. "This is Jin calling out to any Red Wings in Limsa," Jin said quietly into his link pearl. "I'm heading towards the Drowning Wench; if there's anyone here I ask that you meet me there." It was a nice day to not have a decent set of clothes, there was a slight breeze and the sun was shining brightly now. 

Jinmade his way towards the upper decks of Limsa, all the while maintaining a confident stride. It wasn't the first time he found himself walking through the streets of a major city in his small clothes. He attracted several glances and stares as he went through Hawker's Ally. "Ladies," he said with a smirk and a bow to a group of roegadyn ladies passing him by, his ears twitched as they giggled.

Jinmade his way to a table in the Drowned Wench and sat down as he looked over a menu. "Be with you in a second!" said miqo'te gal that was working at a table behind him. 

"Hellosir wha-" she cut herself off as she saw her new customer.

"Yesyes, a man in his small clothes," Jin said nonchalantly, "Please my dear, would you be ever so kind as to get me a warm cup of tea and a pair of pants?"

"I-I'llsee what I can do," she said flusteredly.

"Thankyou my dear," Jin said with a smile as he leaned back in his chair. He stared at the ceiling and waited for his tea, a nice dry pair of pants, and hopefully some answers as to what happened at the bridge.

'Hah....." Youkio murmured, his brow arching as he idly chewed on a thumbnail. Well then...that made more sense. He hadn't been able to hear everything the two lovely ladies were chattering about but he had caught enough to piece the rest together. So Tempest was still hip deep in her old line of work and now it'd finally come back and bit her. She of course had never told him, but the way she had moved that day their ship had gotten attacked, the way she was able to get him from sniveling boy to man and act quick enough to survive and cling to some driftwood before getting scooped up by a sister ship. Those weren't skills typical of the Maelstrom's bottom rung. He sure as hell never learned them anyway.

Languidly, Youkio sprung from his hiding perch and carefully but quickly made his way towards the waterfall; hands in the air at chest height to show he was unarmed. " 'scuse me ladies, I need ta speak with Miss Siha there...oh my....lovely, you are lovely darlin' that hair...and those eyes....bet you make quite a many man week in the knees." He smirked with a wink in Siha's direction. "Not to say some men don't enjoy a bit of power to their women as well...." Youkio added, cautiously sidestepping the lancer as he gave her a quick once over before getting out of spearing range...pity there was a cloak covering most of what he assumed was a taut figure. "But though my mind is already entertaining all the possible ways we could have a spot of fun, the three of us, alone out here next to this waterfall for ambiance...I'm here on official business ladies."

Quirking a lopsided grin, Youkio gave a short and shallow bow, tail swishing behind him. "Tempest who's a mutual friend of Miss Siha here sent me out to find 'er. Now that I've found ya; I need to escort ya back to my hou-er...hiding place I've procured for the ya'll to stay safe 'till things cool off." Frowning, Youkio looked to the ground; hand scratching at the scruff on his chin with his right ear twitching. "What was it i was 'appose to tell you so you'd trust me? Hells....this damn memory of mine.." He muttered, pacing and tapping his the top of his head with his other fist as he thought. "...had somethin' to do with lights.....candle...no....lantern...no, that ain't it either.....Oh right!" Youkio exclaimed, snapping his fingers and pointing at Siha with a elated expression. "Lumiere! That's it! Somethin' 'bout Lumiere! Said it would be enough right there for ya to trust me!" Youkio smiled again, he wasn't aware of what the important was for the name being uttered but Tempest stressed very clearly he needed to remember it and Youkio was glad he hadn't let her down.

Sieg stopped dead when the bird landed on him.  He raised a hand slowly, and spoke when it hopped on him.

Getting screened by a parrot, now.

He chuckled lightly, until his hand finally made it up top, close to the bird.  He swatted at it lightly a few times.

Good to know we check out ok.

Sieg had by this point noticed Clios changing demeanor.  He may not have been imperial frumentarii, but he had enough experience in the area by now to tell when something was bothering someone.  He took a few steps closer.

Everything alright there?  You've gone and tensed up pretty quick.