The Red Wings: Take Flight

((only just got back from xmas vacation, you folks have been busy))

~Three Suns Ago~

A glass pitcher, appropriated from gods knew which table, sailed through the air across the tavern and struck some poor Sea Wolf sod on his thick noggin, spilling the pitcher's contents over many a patron throughout the chamber. Cries of disbelief and outrage preceded the inevitable fight that broke out and spread like wildfire throughout the Wench. Consequently, no one saw the small hooded figure in his mole brown robe skirt around the sea of bodies and dart into the chaos just long enough for a hand to shoot out, take the seated Seeker by the arm, drag the male off his chair and out into the cold Lominsan air.

"Jin," breathed the man, his emerald eyes darting back and forth from beneath the hood as he guided Lon'qu along the upper decks, "we've been had. Was a setup after all. Captain and most o' the company headed back t'Aldenard, t'see what can be done. A'laric and I stayed behind, t'learn what we could. Ain't much, but I've a few leads."

He pulled Lon'qu aside just enough to allow a warbling pair of drunk Yellowjackets to pass them by, then the Red Wings were on their way again, themselves passing into one of the glistening marble towers of Limsa. 

"I need you to draw from whatever personal funds you can, hire out a number of trusted men 'n' women. The sort o' mercs you'd take on as caravan guards. Send 'em t'me at Moraby Drydocks. I'll need them. Then make yourself scarce." The bearded midlander glanced at his companion, then scowled. "Someone's goin' t'get caught, Jin. Someone always gets caught. Then the bastards'll carve 'em 'til they talk, and that talk'll bring trouble. They'll be hot on our tails, but we can cut 'em off, maybe take a bastard or two alive and actually learn something. Anyroad, hands off the pearl from now on. They'll be listenin'."

The company's sergeant gave the company's quartermaster a pat on the back, then broke away, turning the corner and mounting the steps headed towards the Aftcastle. Melkire stripped his robe off, revealing a lighter robe of mesa red underneath, then tossed the mole brown garment to another midlander who'd been reclining against the wall. The stranger caught the fabric, donned the robe, then leapt over the rails and made for the opposite direction.

A moment later, the Hyur were out of sight... but a single voice sounded across the Red Wings' linkshell.

"Noble, this is Shadow. Made contact with Merchant. We're going t'need knaves with knives. I'm too well-known in these parts, so you'll have to be the one t'cross palms. I want us ready within two suns. Same rendezvous as the last. Silence on this shell startin' now. Oschon guide your steps."

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Titor had been so lost in thought that the pen to his face made him yelp. He stared at a single spot after he had been left alone, his cheek bleeding steadily. Even after a bell, it had not stopped bleeding in the slightest due to his anemia. 

When the woman entered the room, he seemed to break out of his trance, looking up at her. Blood had trailed down his face. He had thought long and hard in the time he was in. He had to choose one or the other, or none. 

He had been in this situation before, back in Garlemald. They had experimented in him, and the port-like implants still ran up and down his back. Were his shirt to be removed, they would see them, they would wonder how such things happened, what they did. It would give him even more connection to Garlemald. Maybe he was the antagonist all along, never knowing it at all. 

He had been in this situation before. He was not about to be in it again. Back in Garlemald, the whole time he simply wished he could end it. When he got out, he made sure that it would never happen to him again. He had a self-destruct switch now. A small shard of corrupted aether embedded deep in his body. Three sparks of controlled aether to it, and his aether would ignite and explode violently.

Of course this had been meant to be used against a clear enemy. Never in his wildest dreams did Titor believe he would be put in such a situation of unsure loyalty. He could just disappear, choose no side, but the violent explosion would likely hurt his captors, who may very well be in the right.

"...I do not want to hurt you... or anyone..." he said his voice was already distant. "....I do not know." he said, closing his eyes. What would come would come. He could not derive information. He could not terminate himself. There was no winning. He wanted to pick no side. That was not an option. A bit of corruption may have been seeded in him, he wanted to protect his friends. His comrades.... The Red Wings.

Raimy had asked some random person on the grounds where to find the Abbot and they directed him toward the man in the little seat. Raimy gave a little nod of his head, mostly looking down. Just a lowly courier, nothing more. Raimy walks up to the Abbot and looks up and directly at the man for just a second to judge the receptiveness and alertness of the other. "I have a message for the Abbot." After getting a confirmation that this is indeed the Abbot, Raimy will reach into his satchel and pull out a small hard case he uses to carry sealed letters in so the seals won't accidentally break while he's traveling. Raimy doesn't really know any way to prove the man is who they all say so he'll just have to take their words for it. He opens the case and takes out the letter, glancing at the still in place seal first just to make sure and then offers it to the Abbot. He says nothing else. Talkative couriers annoy people.

Trying to pretend the cold isn't bothering him, he stands and waits as if for a response. You always wait to see if there will be a response. He keeps his eyes still downward mostly, but also paying attention to the task at hand. He watches the Abbot's hands taking the letter and will glance away only if the Abbot breaks the seal to read it in front of him. A good courier doesn't try to peek at such things.

Sieg shrugged and sighed a bit.

It's got knots and there's dust in it.

His posture, motions, and microexpressions, if she were good enough to look for that, would not indicate that he was outright lieing to her.  Perhaps just that he was holding some stuff back, but then he had told her as much. 

Fair enough.  Just laying it all out there.  Makes it that much easier if it's not an issue for you, though, so we'll skip the personal stuff.

Sieg listened in curiousity and interest when Clio started talking about lions.  He was sure she had gone way off with that one, but then she brought up GREY ones.  He smiled in amusement, and pointed at her as if to say "youuuuuu."

The funny thing about that is, I'm not keeping any secrets about my time with the Grey Lion Mercenary company.  I would have told ya, if you'd asked.  But since you know about that, you must know there aren't many of them left.  Wiped out at Cartenau.  That was one contract we should've skipped.

Sieg crissed his arms, and slowly began walking around her as she continued speaking, of suppor, and Ala Mhigo.  He stopped once he got behind her, and then answered.

Touched, Lady.  Not to be a party pooper, but this group of yours.  It doesn't amount to much in the grand scheme of things.  It's my in.  The Flames are what I need.  Not a single unit.  Not that I'd turn the support away.  Just wanted you to know that this all goes beyond that level.

He then turned toward her, and took a step closer.

Why bring up Ala Mhigo?  I've barely remember any of Gyr Abania.

Had she really dug deep enough to find the full measure of his secret?

Siha's violet eyes jumped between Kiht and Youkio with wariness, she had a feeling there wasn't much love there, at least on Kiht's end. Thankfully Kiht was graceful and didn't bother biting back at the semi taunt the male threw out, Siha make sure to give her a grateful look before she turned her attention to Youkio when everything was said and done. "No, we can't afford more exposure than necessary, we have too many we don't need catching wind of where we are" she admitted to the scarlet haired male. She tossed one more look around them before waving at Youkio to lead the way, "Take us there then, quickly, I'm sure Miss Kiht and I can keep up with you..." she assured and took steps to follow him when he moved.

She had a lot of thinking to do on the way, she was sure Clio likely had a plan on getting the Bandit Captain that had attacked them but that didn't mean that every detail was worked out. They would need more than the five of them if they wanted this to be easy and quick, they really couldn't afford for it to be done any other way. Her expression creased as they moved, perhaps her father would be of use, he had his crew and if nothing else they'd be good informants...though she loathed involving them at all. She knew Yuzu'ya was seasoned enough that he wouldn't be stupid enough to be caught, and he wouldn't be cowed by the situation, he never was. She'd have to make a call to him or send a messenger, perhaps Youkio or Kiht would be better than a linkpearl. Less possibility of being traced.

Her thoughts would continue to entertain her until they arrived wherever it was the male was taking them, though she knew her feet would remember, it was one of the perks of her upbringing.

Had she really dug deep enough to find the full measure of his secret?

His words weren't met with any reply; skittles had fallen asleep by this point after finding the dusty and tangled hair more than accommodating for his nap.

Cliodhna regarded Sieg quietly, mirroring a small smile with his apparent amusement on her lion comment. "You state it wasn't a secret, yet you failed to mention it at all since you've joined the Red Wings. From what I've understood; most people are more than happy to brag about past heroics, unless they have a reason to hide it...but than again, the loss of most of your group could be the reason for your silence." She mused aloud, her eyes following his movements as Seig started to circle her.

Discreetly her hand strayed under her cloak as if to merely rest on her hip but instead rested on the hilt of one of her poisoned tipped daggers. Cliodhna really didn't want things to get violent right now; their numbers were already small and If Seig was truly on their side as he claimed, he would be more useful in full health than if she did any damage to him. Yet his circling left he wary.

"Firstly, three's no need for the formality or lack there of; Tempest is fine for the moment until we get out, not lady. Also don't feel as if you need to fluff my feelings; though our unit has it's own special brand of ranging talents we are still a small group. From the sounds of what you're hinting at; you'd need enough bodies to start a damned war....or rather continue a long standing one..."

As he rounded closer and faced her once more, Cliodhna merely looked up at him. Eyes never straying from his features but her peripheral vision already keeping track of his motions to detect an attack if there was need to parry and counter.

"I think you remember more of Gyr Albania than you're telling me and I think you already know we both know that." She replied quietly, her voice low but knowing he heard her above the rush of the river nearby. "My mother lost her life fighting for the resistance against the Garlean empire when they first took over."

~~~

Catching Kiht's even slight change in facial expressions was still enough for Youkio to tell he was really getting under her skin. Mentally he shrugged, wasn't the first time nor would it be the last he'd have a less than desirable result with a Miqo'te female. But being raised away from the whole social standing that was essentially his heritage gained that reaction as the norm when he encountered them in passing.

Apparently a stronger willed male was hard to come by, but this never concerned Youkio either. He would much rather live out his meaningless little life with enough cash, women and drink to make him happy, just like any other man with his attitude dreamed. sides. He mused silently. A single man can't have every fish in the sea.

Nodding along as Miss Siha talked, he led them back cautiously through the wooden scaffolding that made up Skylift. Mentally of course he had taken to calling the small keeper "Miss" but it was in more an affectionate way than from respect, regardless; Youkio figured it wouldn't hurt long as he refrained from doing it out loud. If the little bit of friendly chatter had made her blush hard as it did; she most likely would get a tad too flustered if he pushed it much longer....plus Tempest might give him another shiner for anymore of his shenanigans right now, seeing as the situation put her on edge.

Frowning at the thought; Youkio poked the black eye again, wincing slightly. He'd need to put something cold on it soon. Just as promised the hike was short and discreet, fairly soon his small shack appeared on the edge of his vision. "Over there. Sorry it ain't much but anythin too fancy would draw attention, ya know? So I guess it works out for what we need right now. An if anyone needs anythin, just holler an I'll be happy to pop over and round up some supplies." He continued, chattering on more to Siha since Kiht could very well walk into town on her own legs if she preferred. She wasn't in hiding and given their meeting, would most likely reject any help form Youkio if she could till she warmed up a bit more to him; if at all.

Nako walks at double speed to the barracks. Double checking the wards he had in place as he passed them. He needed to get to work hiding some of his more, questionable tomes. Luckily he still maintained his network of safe houses around Eorzea. Gathering them all up, leaving only tomes that could be found amongst the libraries of the three different Magical Guilds. 

Gathering the aether around himself, he settled on a location and released it, guiding himself across the aether. He appeared with a lurch, never being the smoothest at teleportation. Looking around, the single room building was bathed In a blue light from an aetheryte shard, picking up the golden and bronze bindings of the aetherial tomes on bookshelves around the walls.

Dropping the sack with his books he proceeded to change his clothes. Removing anything hat might identify him as a flame, he pulled on a red robe, belted a tome to his side, and picked up his staff. Pulling a scarf around his neck for warmth, he pulled a lever, opening he room to the elements outside. Stepping up, he pushed back on the entrance, closing it with a click, fresh snow covering the gap in the stone that marked it as an entrance.

Taking his Shadow Visor out of its pouch, he placed it over his eyes. Turning it on with a press of a button, it bathed his eyes with a blue light as it sharpened his vision and allowed him to pick out the aether of particular people. He was going hunting.

Kiht followed silently behind Siha. She had been very on-edge. She continued to survey the land as she moved with the two, but not as much as she usually would. She found herself drifting into her own thoughts. It was during the hike that she began to calm down.

The tension from the mysterious meeting, the feeling of being out of her environment, the fact that she had not noticed Youkio sneak up on them and his rather cocky, chauvinistic attitude all added up to turn what would be a minor annoyance into something that got Kiht angry. She let out a quiet sigh.

She almost exploded on someone who did not deserve it. It made her ears droop, and her expression soften; not that any of the two in front of her would notice. Youkio's attitude was worth some eye-rolling, but not worth the urge to spear him.

When they got to the shack, his rather friendly attitude only added to Kiht's guilt further. She was relieved that she managed to restrain herself enough to where she had given him nothing more than a blunt statement back at the cave. Her gaze fixed on Youkio as he talked to them about his willingness to get supplies if needed.

She allowed herself a mild smile at him. "My gratitude. What did you say your name was again?" She asked in a more casual tone. That was her attempt to be more friendly. The male seemed like an urban "street rat" to her, but she really did not know anything about him.

They were at their destination much faster than the Keeper would have preferred if only because it would have been nice just to keep walking. But that wasn't an option. She lifted her gaze to Youkio and for once let herself really take in his appearance and commit it to memory, the black eye that was starting to puff up sparked concern in her as it would with any hurt creature, and her gloved hands flexed. His apologies about his home made her shake her head, "It's wonderful, just what we needed" she reassured him and gave him a warm smile, it didn't matter where anyone lived to her, mansion or shack, she was equally grateful that he'd offered them sanctuary.

She nodded at his offer of rounding up supplies, "That will be appreciated for sure, but right now I'm not sure what we'll need to pull this off" she admitted quietly and looked to Kiht for a brief moment. She had kept hoping on the walk that Clio would have a plan, because nothing she thought of would be good enough, however her resolve had strengthened. She didn't have the military training the others had but she had spent more than enough time around the Red Wings to have picked things up. And she was not stupid. That burgeoning thought had made her a bit more confident and she lifted her chin, looking towards the shack and taking purposeful steps in that direction. The faster she spoke to the others the better.

She could hear Kiht asking the male a question and she hesitated...had she forgotten to ask his name? She had. She winced internally, how rude of her, she cast a glance over her shoulder and stopped though she had been reaching for the door. It was only polite that she hear his name and that he give her permission to enter...she had been eager was all. She wanted them all together again, and she wanted them all safe.

I've got my reasons for not waving it in everyones faces.  It was just work.  I doubt anyone in this group readily volunteered their life story when they joined up.  What's the big deal about me not mentioning I was a merc?

She may or may not be able to tell, but he was asking an honest question.  Though she did have a point.  There were plenty of people who'd brag about it.  Was he hiding it?  Ord id he truly not think it worth mentioning for whatever reason?  Either way, it wasn't something he sought for honor and glory, though, for as much honor and glory as one could expect from a bunch of people who fight for money.

We spent years fighting together, then at Cartenau, most of them died.  That's what happens to warriors.  They die.

He continued to circle her slowly, for not, movin gonly a few steps before stopping again.

Surely you know that, Tempest.  You're clearly not just some pretty face that doesn't know about life and death.  You're smart, and despite what happened back at the bridge, probably fairly strong, too.  Even now, you've got your hand under there, probably ready to pull out a weapon.  A dagger.  A knife.  Maybe a small sword.  No need to worry, though.  I'm not about to attack you or some crazy thing like that.  I'm not an enemy.

Sieg continued moving, until he was back in front of her, as she spoke more.

Fair enough, Tempest.  Yeah, I'm sure you all, as a group, have your own special niche that you fill.  Your methods, connections, and, equipment, and affiliations that are unique to this group.  And I'm sure those would be damn useful.  But you're right.  I need bodies.  Well, not to say it that way.  Makes it sound like I'm looking for sacrificial pawns.

He stepped closer again, and looked down at her.  His arms at his side, and his back straight.

My mother lost her life fighting for the resistance against the Garlean empire when they first took over.

Maybe we'd best put this conversation on hold.  We're not exactly in the best place right now.  We should stay vigilant.

"You could have at least let me get my drink" Jin said to himself with a sigh. He twisted one of the arms on his cactuar earring down, tuning the linkpearl to a secure frequency as he headed towards Hawkers Ally.

"Ash! It's been too long! How's the family?" Jin said walking up to a clothing stall.

"The mission was a set up sir? What's your status?" a female voice said firmly.

"Oh I've been good, just taking a nice vacation in Limsa. Went to see where they make the boats too!" he said happily while browsing the selection of a very confused looking lalafell. "Oh you and the girls should come by sometime!"

"Roger sir, I'll dispatch Maala and Mesa to the Drydocks."

Jin was inspecting a robe, nothing fancy just made of cotton, "Tell them they can bring some friends and make sure you send them with some spending gil! Can't have a vacation without some souvenirs." he said shaking his head and returning it.

"Understood sir, they'll be accompanied by the Battle Maidens and the Crimson Wolves."

"Great! I can wait to see them again!" Jin said as he patted down his sides, "Oh and Ash?"

"Sir?"

"My luggage was lost on the trip over, I guess so octopi stole it from the ship. Be a dear and send my bag with the girls." Jin looked up to the face of a disapproving shopekeep.

"Of course sir." the lady said with a small laugh.

With that, Jin made his way to the lower decks to book passage back to the dry-docks to meet up with his mercs and, more importantly, his pants.

[align=justify]The tower proprietor should have paid more attention to detail. If he hadn't been in such a rush to micro-manage, and take glory, he may have noticed the glowing eye. Instead one of his men took an axe to the face, and he himself went tumbling down the stairs while others were abruptly thrown back. It was becoming a tradition - Mikh'a could not come to Ishgard without being involved in someone's murder.

He'd worry about that later, focus on getting back to their friends, clearing their names, and most importantly saving their captured man. ( Men. He wasn't aware beyond Kahn'a, however. ) The word 'run' was punctuated with unneeded urgency, Mikh'a was moving as soon as Erik had finished, the frail kitty moving at a surprisingly swift pace as he damn near kept up with Erik's longer strides. Down the hall, across the landing, down another set of stairs, forcing open a door, and out in to the snow again they went as guards moved to flank them. Their goal was the stables, to get to Fury, and then out again though the bird was already pulling himself free of the loose ties Mikh'a had done ( just in case this situation had occurred ).

"Halt!"

Mikh'a had nearly gone face first in to a spear, and staggered backwards to avoid it. The wayward soldier not on their heels but instead in front of him had been coming on duty when the alarm had been sounded. The poor guy hadn't stood a chance however because as soon as that spear was pointed at the tiny kitty a burst of fire rolled across the ground and took him from behind before a rather large drake slammed in to him from behind and sent him sprawling face first in to the ground. He was now dead as well, spine snapped from the force, and Brynjar lifted his head as if to look at Mikh'a with an 'I do good?! 8D' look. Mikh'a's gloved hand came out to pat the lizard on his nose once, though that was all he was getting both because they were out of time and because Brynjar suddenly went barreling past both Erik and Mikh'a to put himself between them, and their desired destination of the stable to belch out another roaring blast of fire in order to stave off the pursuing knights.

"That's a good enough distraction for now..!" Mikh'a gasped. Fury would be out of his bindings by this point and barreling toward them out of the stables, eager to get to his master. It was time for them to get the hell out of Dodge Coerthas.[/align]

Cliodhna mearly bounced her shoulders slightly. "Not their entire life story, but little tid-bits here and there are common if it's a skill that could seem useful in the future." She wasn't so much concerned as his aversion to mentioning it as simply using it as another tool to show how much she had found out in the short span of time that had been available to search. This of course was pretty common information as Sieg had plainly stated, but it was a stepping stone to other things about the man that was less common.

"The ones that fail to adapt to a quickly changing situation, are hired to be used as fodder or lack proper training die. You clearly survived when so many in your group was lost. Seems your team was outmatched or more than a few slacked in their training for that to happen." Replying with a faint smile. His continued pacing never leaving her line of sight. It was a bit of a harsh statement, but one that usually held true, nonetheless.

"I've most likely seen more than my fair share but it's not something that keeps me awake at night. The incident at the bridge was something I plan to rectify as soon as possible." Brows raised at his latter comment. "Yes there is a weapon I've currently got my hand on and I'll even be nice enough to inform you it wouldn't take much more than a scratch for me to get the desired result with it, but it's only a precautionary measure and I've little intent to use it unprovoked. Being in your former line of work; you should be well aware that during conversations of this nature and having the other party unable to stay still would of course call for this sort of reaction."

She smirked again. "Wouldn't they be though? This has been a long standing....confrontation." As he towered over her, Cliodhna met his eyes without any sort of fear or hesitation; her tone soft to ensure it wasn't overheard by the others. "You're right it's not, but I had to at least ensure you're going to be useful until we're out of this and not a loose end I'd need to tie up." Braking her gaze long enough to see Youkio arrive with Siha and another in tow.

"Right right." Youkio answered Miss Siha in an easy manner. Kiht's question made him pause a moment. Tilting his head, frowning slightly and scratching behind his right ear, Youkio tried to recall the first few moments after announcing his presence. "Ah, shoot!" He exclaimed.

"Sorry ladies, no wonder ya'll were skittish 'round me. Well that an the showin up outta nowhere." He Grinned again. "Anywhoo, I go by Youkio most times but if ya end up out this way an in another spot of trouble like now; look for Piper. I can't resist helpin lovely ladies after all." He said with a most likely ill-effective wink due to the black eye.

Skittles after waking up, shook out his feathers, hopped once on Seig's head as a sign of thanks nd swooped over to land on Youkio's shoulder. "He means he'll help if there's a chance ya'll put out." The parrot cawed before youkio clamped a finger and thumb over it's beak.

"Shut it ya miserable little shite." He grumbled at skittle before swiging open the door and leading everyone into the shack; lighting the lamps on the way. It was in worse shape than the darkness hinted. Inside was big enough for them all to stand comfortably, with a small table and lone chair shoved into the corner.

Scattered around were a few changes of clothes and little else recognizable in the clutter. Off to the side appeared a smaller doorway that led to the bedroom where a narrow cot had been lying against the wall Next to a tall pile of what looked to be blankets and more clothing made out of surprisingly finer material such as fur, linen and silk.

"Yeah....so this is it. Sorry it ain't much Tempest. I uh....had to vacate my apartment in the upper decks." Youkio mumbled, staring at his boots. With Geruda in the hands of another; he was unable to continue his side job that supported his more comfortable lifestyle.

She impatiently waved him off. "It's fine, this is fine, we only need it long enough to catch a few hours sleep and plan our next move, after that we'll need to head to Ul'dah." Cliodhna replied, giving Siha a leveled look. "They already have one or more by now but they won't stop till they round us all up. If the one in their custody talks; they'll know we we're to go to the Shroud. If not, they won't expect us in the city and in either case we can attempt rescue."

Nako walked slowly through the tree's, scanning his head left and right as he went, using his staff for a support. He had been in Coerthas many times, but he was still not as familiar with the terrain as he would like. Occasionally, a pipping would sound in his ears, and some runes would scrawl acrross his vision as his visor picked up something of interest, but each time he would clear them, they weren't what he was after.

As he reached the top of a rock formation, he saw a plume of smoke in the distance, he started into a run. He may be on a hunt, but a fire of that magnitude meant someone was probably in trouble. As he ran, he allowed his goggles to focus on the plume of smoke, allowing it to scan for any discernable aetherial signature.

'Ignis, Biologicum' were what the runes scrolling across his vision came back with. 'Thal's Balls' he thought as he picked up the pace. that was a blessing that it wasn't a mage, however, it meant either dragons or some other fire breathing monstrosity. Rounding a corner, the entrance to the Observatorium came into view, as it did a thought crossed his mind. A Miqo'te in the middle of Coerthas with no escort with him would most likely raise some suspicion, with a shimmer of opalescent magic, his form changed into that of an Elezen as he ran.

Kiht allowed herself to continue a small smile at Youkio as he told them his name. But then the bird landed on his shoulder and talked at her! Kiht widened her eyes a bit. The Hells did that bird say? She thought to herself. Did that bird just form a complete sentence based on the context of their conversation?

Kiht wanted that bird.

However, everyone seemed in a hurry, and she did not blame them. She also found herself making a double-take at Tempest. She was not a Hellsguard woman. Kiht did not recognize her at all. Yet, the woman was all business from the beginning. She immediately started giving directions like some kind of leader... Kiht could already tell that she would like this Tempest lady.

Kiht also had no idea who the man was either. Too many unfamiliar faces. This was not going to be easy. Kiht watched as Tempest talked to Siha and Youkio, she did not seem to be well noticed. Kiht was use to that, and she did not want too much attention, but it was not the time to be shy either. By the sound of things, the Red Wings were being picked off one by one.

After a quick survey of the shack, which Kiht actually liked a lot, she stepped closer to Siha and Tempest. "Greetings. My apologies for interrupting. I am Kiht Jakkya. " She announced as she made a rather formal Eorzean bow at Tempest. Kiht just loved getting right to the point. Now she would not have to play the greeting game with every single person in the shack.

"May I ask which one of your comrades you think might be captured?" Kiht asked in a clear, but respectful tone.

One could argue that most of his military career had been one long, cruel joke and if so then the joke surely didn't end here. After inadvertently injuring some adventurers in Mor Dhona, Anzio had left the Yataghans behind for a different line of work. He was a new face in the Red Wings, transferred just in time for whatever in the seven hells this debacle was supposed to be. Given his relative newness to the unit, it could very well be that he could plausibly offer himself up to Swift at the Hall of Flames and after some brief questioning, get off scot-free. However, the Lalafell had been played dirty by corruption in the chain of command before. This whole situation had the same stink. It had right from the start.

The Wings were his new home and he wasn't about to abandon them. Nymeia had a way of making sure he had some grand challenge to overcome in some form or another. Why not treason now? His own Flame pearl left him appraised of some of the situation. He had kept it as far as Drybone, heard the reports of two of the unit's members being captured. At that point he subdued a crow with an under powered lighting spell, and appended his pearl to bird's leg. There were methods of backtracking pearls, so if Chains had access to them, they could have fun figuring that one out. Some of the members of the Wings seemed like newer hires. Anzio had been with the Flames since they were thrown together before the Calamity.

The Wings' patch might have been new to his uniform, but he was a veteran of the Sultanate and had earned his way to NCO status not once, but twice. He had heard of the Chains in passing. A unit that effective at its very specific MOS was certainly bound to garner some reputation. He knew a couple of things about them, but lacked details. One thing he had heard was that they always got who they were looking for. Anzio was a clever Lalafell however, and wasn't going to make it easy on them. Serving for the years he had, there were plenty of contacts and allies of his own he could draw on, both within the Flames with without. First he had tapped an old CO for some details about the Chains merely to know what he was dealing with. Information was ammunition after all.

The other things he had acquired was some choice equipment and a little better disguise than a mere robe. Now he stood in the shade of the Twelveswood, white hair flowing from from a heavy weathered hat, with a matching faux mustache sitting on his lip. A monocle sat over his right eye to help cement his identity as old trader. Of course he had the simple robe too. Otherwise how would he obscure all the equipment he was carrying? Quarrymill wasn't too far from Thanalan. He had picked this place for a couple of reasons. The thick-knitted trees of the Shroud would seriously cut back on sniping range. If that wasn't enough, the settlement’s high walls would do the rest. If they came for him, they might still be shooting at him, but it would be within eye shot.

“You sure you want these littlefella? Mighty hot.” A local trader that stood in front of him held out a few Dragon Peppers none the less, snapping him out of his reverie. Anzio had been bartering with another peddler that was traveling through Quarrymill, with a particular purpose.

Sure do! Ol' Saruta Baruta isn't afraid of a little heat. I got a mean recipe for these little buggers.” He took the peppers with a smile, ignoring the Hyur's casual slight of his height, normally something that would outwardly irritate him. Reaching for the coin purse on his belt, Anzio withdrew some gil with his free hand to give the man.

“Pleasure doing business Mister Baruta. Don't eat those all at once, you hear.”

Oh, I shan't be. They're for some one very special.” He smiled again.

Siha smiled as warmly as possible but there was still tension in her face, every minute wasted was a minute Mikh'a or Kahn'a could be getting hurt. She kept the sentiment to herself however and had a distraction a few moments later in the form of a very odd talking bird...she'd seen parrots mimic but speak freely?! Her violet eyes widened a fraction before she shook her head to clear it and turned her attention to the occupants, something in the air felt...off. A quick furrow of her brow and assessment of them however yielded nothing and so she settled on giving them both a nod in greeting as she stepped into the smallish interior. She didn't really mind the mess so much, her own room was often cluttered with books, notes, sketches, clothes, and a myriad of other things related to cooking and weaving. His own mess was nothing to be ashamed of, just noted in a curious sort of sense.

She only let her eyes sweep the room quickly before she was back to her own business, her gaze moving over to Kiht for a moment to check on her, before she was focusing on Clio's words. As much as it hurt her she felt doubt burgeon at the orders, could they afford to lose a day on saving who was at the Flame Hall and risk their quarry moving on? She wasn't sure they could. She swallowed the question however, she wanted to save their friends just as much as Clio did, but she didn't want to lose their chance at salvation on the same token. There was of course a simple answer to this and once her mind settled on it her doubts were quelled, "I can speak with someone in the city and have them keep an eye on these bandits if we can find their whereabouts. He's discreet and we can trust him implicitly...Youkio could even speak to him if needed" her father. He was a resource and his movement around the city was normal as could be, no one knew of their attachment as she'd always been careful.

Kiht's question made her heart ache and she fixed her with saddened eyes, "We're not sure but they mentioned it was a Keeper...that could only mean they have Kahn'a or Mikh'a...I believe you've met him as well at the eclipse celebration..." she answered softly. She hated thinking of either of them in the grips of people who didn't trust them, there was no telling what was happening to them. Her stomach knotted and bile rose but she swallowed, perhaps nothing, perhaps she should have more faith in the Flames than she did now but with this being anything but the first time...

She needed to focus. As for the task of the Flame's Hall, it would be dangerous throwing themselves into the maw of the beast but she had a half plan already forming in the back of her mind. "I might have a plan for the Flame's Hall if you haven't got one already..." she looked to Cliodhna and there was a spark in her eyes, it could be stupid but maybe so stupid that it might work given their reputation right now.

Cliodhna nodded briefly at Kiht's introduction. "You've already met youkio, the big guy is Seighart." She replied, carefully dropping the saddlebags that had been removed from Pepper. Given their contents, it wasn't wise to leave them outside. "As Siha said; we know one could be either Khan'a or Mikh'a....if there's a possibility of the others; it's hard to tell at this point. Half our team was to head north while a third was to stay here. Seig, Siha an myself were originally contacting you as means to safely get to the Shroud but I feel that plan needs to change and would appreciate any help you can offer in getting more information before we leave Limsa."

Impatiently she pulled her hair off her shoulders and bunched before taking a bit of cord and binding it in a semi loose bun. It was enough to keep out of her face but still free to not tug. "Siha, I know you're worried about who was captured and right now there could be a high chance others have been scooped up as well but we need to find out who put these orders out first. We can't rush straight into Ul'dah blind. That will only leave us open...as far as your contact goes; I'm sure Youkio will be more than happy to go to find them."

He nodded in confirmation at the sound of his name. "I'm here for whatever ya'll need...Who's the bandit we're lookin for anyway?" He asked, idly grabbing a few pieces of dry fruit off the table before offering one to Skittles.

"A Lalafell and two Miqo'te....It was odd, from what I had seen, they acted more like it was a grand performance than an actual heist attempt." Cliodhna mused. "The lala epically, he seemed to be enjoying himself....I didn't catch his name but the others kept calling him captain Distraction or something."

At the last part of her words, Youkio slammed his fist into the wall. "Damnit all! I know exactly who you're talkin about!" He seethed, eyes narrowed. "That whoreson stole me damn ship!"

"Don't lie." Skittles pipped up. "Ya know damn well he caught ya cheatin at cards cause ya got drunk off yer ass that night an was sloppy."

Cliodhna stared at the two of them as they continued to bicker. Youkio had a tie with the group that had carried out the setup, he was quickly becoming more and more useful.

"You know who he is? Can you find him so we can arrange a meeting?" Cliodhna asked, a hint of hope creeping into her tone.

"This is why I make ya sit at the house all day, this right here! Ya can't keep yer damn beak shut 'less I stuff it with honey!" Youkio exclaimed.

"Well scue me for tryin to keep ya honest, you'd be dead in a week if I left ya alone an ya know it!" Skittles retorted

"youkio...." Cliodhna repeated, patience waring thin.

"Damned loudmouth bird, if it weren't fer me, you'd still be in that damned cage on her way to be auctioned off cause you can talk, Gods knows why anyone would wanna buy ya with that attitude ya got!" Youkio growled, ignoring Cliodhna's attempt at interruption.

"PIPER! SHUT YER MOUTH OR I'LL KNOCK A FEW TEETH LOOSE TO MATCH YER EYE!" She exploded, grabbing the tall keeper by the ear and giving it a yank.

"aright, aright! Just leggo, ya about ripped me damn earring out!" He whined but in a more subdued manner. "Yes, I know the little bastard and I can find em quick enough for ya."

"Aright, we'll hammer out the details for that in a moment. Siha, what's the idea you have for getting into Flame Hall?" Cliodhna asked, her temper vanished as quickly as it appeared.

Sieg was glad that the bird had left.  It was annoying having it sit on his head.  When Clio introduced him, his raised a hand, and gave a small wave.  He was relieved that his group was back together.

Good to see you made it.  He said to Siha.

For now, all Sieg could really do was wait and hear out the plans, so, taking a spot by the door, h ecrossed his arms and did just that.

Kiht's ears drooped low when it was mentioned that Kahn'a could be captured. She did not really know Mikh'a aside from the quick introduction at the eclipse event, but the idea of yet another Keeper likely being tortured was very disturbing to Kiht. Her mental and physical reactions were likely just as intense as Siha's, but Kiht was good at hiding such things. Outside observers would only notice the lowered ears.

Kiht gave a nod after Tempest spoke to her. Kiht was to help them get information before they left Limsa. Simple enough. She waited until Tempest was done being a tempest with Youkio before replying.

"I am a scout. Gathering information is my specialty. However, I would also be willing to help you all put an end to the shite individuals who set you all up. The Red Wings leader is also a friend of mine, and I am tired of people trying to swive him over." Kiht said in a determined tone. She was not sure if it was okay to mention Erik's real name since apparently everyone was going by code names except maybe Siha.

It was at that moment when Kiht's restless mind began to try and think of what Siha's code name might be. Night Violet? Moon-sprite? Kiht thought to herself. She then shook her head quickly. She was getting distracted. She needed to stay focused, and listen to the plans.

((Sorry for not posting guys, I was busy getting hit by a truck or thats what it felt like))

Ryder sat about and explained the situation. First off the Red Wings, and what they were. As he carried on he could see the man's face across the table react to him. Then he felt his own face contort, "In short they have grown to dangerous for you and your men, and it seems I am no longer trusted. So they are taking them both out of our hands. Flame Command has asked that you turn over your prisoners. And I it seems is to get the fuck out of the way. So this brings me to the thoughts of a man who has played these games before. Now the orders I'm to pass to you say you are to back off, and that I can't use my resources to find my own men and women. So!..... Since these orders are the same shit orders that hit before chances are they belong to the dingle that started this mess. Since your men are such good hunters, I say we leave the Red Wings to themselves as they wear big boy clothes anyway, and you let me borrow these men of your's and we hunt the asshole behind this mess."

A'trus stared at the superior officer as if a dead rat had been tossed into the miqo'te's lap. Stand down? The Black Chains and then let his men be used without his consent in a continued hunt that he had just been forced to stand down from? Was this a joke? Was the Commander playing games with him?

A'trus considered that. How did he know that this man wasn't also part of the hunt? A sympathetic ear for the unit A'trus hunted?  He could be but without proof that was a dangerous road to take and could result in his discharge from the service. Something A'trus had no desire of lettinghhappen. After a few minutes of silence, A'trus looked at Ryder and spoke.

"You are my superiour, and as such I am.required to obey your orders, though there is questions in my.mind if you might not be overaly loyal to your unit and maybe part of this conspiracy and their agent. But I am.required to obey orders I can rationally carry out so I will turn over the prisoners as per your request. However, my unit will NOT aid you with your own personal hunt. We will stand down but no more. I will not risk my career or theirs in your which hunt sir. The Red Wings are big boys. They can handle it, you said it yourself."

A'trus stared at his superior with a steely expression.

Titor's Cell

Kresha approaches Titor and after a moment slashed his face with her nails. She struck left to right then right to left then down. Blood dripped off her fingers and tufts of flesh had caught under her nails. She nodded as she stepped away and began cleaning off her hand as one man stepped forward and wrapped Titor's bleeding face in a towle . Once the thick fabric was secure, the second man took the bucket and let spill the salty brine and for thirty seconds air would not reach Title as the water ran down his nostrils, his mouth and into his gashes.

"Where are the Red Wings." Kresha said calmly

"You know more than the other one we have in our possession obviously. Now where?"

A'trus blinked and exhaled sharply in frustration as he tried to keep the scowl off his face. 

"This is why I will never accept.a higher rank. All politics and games with the upper echelons. Least some of us know how to do our jobs. Fine, you want my unit, I want the paper orders signed and stamped. As for the prisoners, where do you want them taken?"