FF15: Men or Dolls?

Hey, everyone from the Au Ra thread griping about forced gender roles and sexuality in video games? Where are you guys?

...anyone?

Oh, right.

Complaining would be misunderstanding the setting. If you look at the trailer its clear that this is the ancient tale of young sexy people vs old angry people.

Note: Looking at the video again, I feel the need to clarify that the old people, while angry, also are quite attractive for their age. Most of them, anyway.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, everyone from the Au Ra thread griping about forced gender roles and sexuality in video games? Where are you guys?

...anyone?

Oh, right.

Complaining would be misunderstanding the setting. If you look at the trailer its clear that this is the ancient tale of young sexy people vs old angry people.

That's pretty much life where I live. I don't need a video game for that!

...so you drive around in an expensive convertible wearing fashionable clothes and chopping giants in the foot?

...okay so it's not a convertible, but I bumped into a light post once does that count

...so you drive around in an expensive convertible wearing fashionable clothes and chopping giants in the foot?

...okay so it's not a convertible, but I bumped into a light post once does that count

If you were at least wearing the fashionable clothes, it counts. Bonus points if you were holding an unwieldly large weapon.

To be perfectly honest, I'm all sorts of joking about all the thirst I'm exhibiting.

gO_PanzVfIY

If you were at least wearing the fashionable clothes, it counts.  Bonus points if you were holding an unwieldly large weapon.

I have never seen a conversation that describes Florida so well.

I can't help but feel if folk were salivating over sexy female characters, we'd be getting a completely different group reaction. 'cause man, I'd fuck the shit out of Highlander females.

No, I don't have a reddit account, haha

^ My fiance, who's southern, had a pretty good laugh at her accent.

I think Highlander females are sexy as hell. Loki, my highlander, is gorgeous.

I don't mind overly sexy female characters as long as their is something else besides their sexiness. Bayonetta is a good example. She's super sexualized but also has a good personality and is generally a strong character. A lot of female characters personalities general boil down to "lol boobs" though.

Sexiness isn't bad! Sexiness as the only defining trait of a character is!

I can't help but feel if folk were salivating over sexy female characters, we'd be getting a completely different group reaction. 'cause man, I'd ENGAGE HIGHLANDER FEMALES IN MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY.

No, I don't have a reddit account, haha

...fixed that a little bit.

...someone isn't drooling over sexy female characters? 

Because that someone isn't me...

Roe ladies (BOTH CLANS) and highlander gals for life!

I love to look at elezen girls but I don't think they get me as thirsty. More like 'ooh can I just watch you be super pretty forever'?

Miqo'te females...ugrgh. I don't like them much, but that's mostly because of a trend I've seen with the way players make them, and by how a lot of them are played. My mind is poisoned on that matter so my opinion isn't reliable there.

Au Ra females. Give give give give.

Lalafell girls please go back to kindergarden, no ty.

Midlander ladies are like that little sister you want to protect but also avoid unless there's food involved. Wouldn't touch but hey girl hey let's go see a movie!

This is just my crazy view on them, by the way!

...anyone?

Oh, right.

I don't know what you're expecting with this post, but personally I am willing to give Square Enix the benefit of the doubt with the all-male cast since the single-player offerings have been good about gender balance for years, plus we already had a game with an all-female cast.

Cidney, on the other hand, I am going to make fun of forever. Anyone willing to dress like that while performing tasks where oil burns and grease stains are a real concern deserves ridicule.

Cidney, on the other hand, I am going to make fun of forever. Anyone willing to dress like that while performing tasks where oil burns and grease stains are a real concern deserves ridicule.

I don't care what you say, I like booby girls who are mechanics and can reveal something to me to stare at. Especially when it's gender bent version of Cid.

Boys... Boys... Boys.... Fighting... Fighting.... BOOBIES....back to fighting....

My use of strong language is merely for satirical effect more than anything else. But regardless of whether or not sexiness can be justified by strong characterization, I don't see anyone here going "Man, that character looks really attractive, I really want to know his backstory". 

It's mostly academic on my part; I couldn't really care less about that debate, because I don't think anyone in general should :cactuar:

My use of strong language is merely for satirical effect more than anything else. But regardless of whether or not sexiness can be justified by strong characterization, I don't see anyone here going "Man, that character looks really attractive, I really want to know his backstory". 

It's mostly academic on my part; I couldn't really care less about that debate, because I don't think anyone in general should :cactuar:

That's actually exactly what I'm thinking.

And how I think whenever I see an attractive character.

I thought thats how everyone thought so it didn't need to be said. Do guys really just go "Girl has boobs. I like girl. No need to learn anymore about girl"?

Am I giving guys some kind of benefit of the doubt I didn't know about?

I thought thats how everyone thought so it didn't need to be said. Do guys really just go "Girl has boobs. I like girl. No need to learn anymore about girl"?

Oh sure, I do want to know about girl's backgrounds and all of course. But one has to look at personalities, physical attractive looks, and backgrounds to like that character!

That's actually exactly what I'm thinking.

And how I think whenever I see an attractive character.

More like..."Nurr...girl has boobs. I like boobs. Will I like girl? Will talk to girl, get to know girl and do feasibility study of girl to boob likery and see if girl is worth boobs, or if boobs are worth gir-- ooh, barbecue!"