2.5 Before the Fall Main Story Speculation! (2.4 spoilers)

Kage

I would like to invite people to speculate what they believe will happen.

As such, this thread WILL contain spoilers for the story before it!

Final-Fantasy-Before-the-Fall-650x400.jpg?b180e3

Straight away, from this image I feel like the main story portion will have a bigger focus on the plot in Ul'dah. I feel like the goblet is acting as a symbol for Ul'dah. As a massive Nanamo fan (hue) I propose that Nanamo will announce her decision to step down and the populace of Ul'dah will have it's catalyst to revolt because they don't want to be left with the syndicate. I bet some of them (current Syndicate) will die and massive speculation is that it will change how Ul'dah will handle succession in the future (We still need to know what Prince Teledji Adeledji is!).

The Ul'dah plot will only be Part NUMERO UNO to the shift of the Eorzean climate into an Era change that leads to 3.0.

The next is that I believe Ishgard will have a major loss in its war against the Dravanian horde. Perhaps even, fall, which will lead us into 3.0 where they call for help. Midgardsormr will obviously be a crucial party, being that there's going to be a dungeon that involves him and a Garlean Airship...

I'm hedging my bets that the Ul'dah storyline either 1) blows way the hell up or 2) gets neatly averted. Come 3.0 all eyes go to Ishgard, so it seems strange to focus on Ul'dah so much given it's a polar opposite in almost every way.

Both are likely, I admit. We'll see, it feels like they've spent too much time developing the situation in Ul'dah to just wrap it up suddenly, but on the other hand, it isn't Ishgard. Hm.

I ponder if, if Before the Fall means something happens before the fall of Ul'dah to either the Sultana Stepping down, Syndicate taking over, or Revolt. Something so drastic that it will prevent the theorized revolt or whatever from occurring. (The second the trailer drops we will have a better idea, BUT they liked putting the screws to us in the last couple ones too. Damn you well placed editing.) The event of say... a massive ancient dragon coming back to life would be something that would force the city states to have a unified leader that other city states respect and prevent a take over or even the Sultana from stepping down.

2.5 is likely to set the stage for the expansion while at the same time tying up loose ends. Until now we have had a general build up of politics on Ul'dah which have swollen to the end of 2.4 cut scene. In real life we may not have political problems end neatly for the next one, but I have a feeling the Ul'dah matter will be sorted by the end of 2.5. However, I also have a feeling it will continue to set the stage for the Garlean rebirth (which will likely be the second part of the MSQ for the expansion... I think) and the events that lead up to Heavensward. Frankly, I have not been so excited for a dungeon as Keeper of the Lake.. ever. I was actually annoyed we did not go to the lake after what Iceheart said.

Another aspect of 2.5 is Crystal Tower, I look forward to all the revelations about the void we will get, because it will probably also involve quite a bit about that naughty little crystal in the Void.

(This thread is not about the following just a remark... do not try to latch onto it.) If the Au Ra are some how related to the void it will probably be revealed in final chapter of the tower, but I have a feeling something will be revealed about them somehow in 2.5. I want to say they said something about Lady Yugiri being 'unmasked' sometime before 3.0.

The Syndicate will be removed from power.

The Sultana will have too much popular support to make it a wise decision to step down.

The Sultana introduces an elected legislature to form a constitutional monarchy.

This elected legislature will be divided between representatives of the merchant class and representatives of the commonfolk.

The Sultana will remain the head of state/Flame General head of government.

Basically, some sort of political shift in Ul'dah WILL happen BUT NOT to the extent that 'removes' the Sultana/Sultanate from the game. The Sultansworn NPCs, the Sultana portraits from the GC store, etc. They will remain.

And then the three city-states will be forgotten about as the 3.x story shifts north :tonberry:

What a lot of people are conveniently forgetting (or perhaps overlooking) is that the refugees outside Ul'dah are NOT Ul'dahn citizens. If they chose to revolt, the Flames have a duty to kill every last one of them to protect national sovereignty.

If SE writes in that the refugees actually carry out a successful revolt on the city, that is not only abysmal writing but speaks volumes about just how effective the Blades, Flames, and Sworn are combined as a fighting force.

What a lot of people are conveniently forgetting (or perhaps overlooking) is that the refugees outside Ul'dah are NOT Ul'dahn citizens.  If they chose to revolt, the Flames have a duty to kill every last one of them to protect national sovereignty.

If SE writes in that the refugees actually carry out a successful revolt on the city, that is not only abysmal writing but speaks volumes about just how effective the Blades, Flames, and Sworn are combined as a fighting force.

I agree with that...

If a revolt happens it will be a very, very, dark, somber thing as hundreds of people are put to the sword to protect others. The consequences of such an event would be drastic, and basically destroy any respect outside of "they did what had to be done" any city state had for Ul'dah.

What a lot of people are conveniently forgetting (or perhaps overlooking) is that the refugees outside Ul'dah are NOT Ul'dahn citizens.  If they chose to revolt, the Flames have a duty to kill every last one of them to protect national sovereignty.

I kinda hope this happens. Maybe not every last one of them. But it'd be a powerful moment in story to see that kind of political tragedy and would be a game-changer for Ul'dah's relationships with other nations.

That already happened. With the first revolt, there's a still in a cutscene of the Flames in combat with the refugees. I should go dig it up. In short, no issue was made of the Flames just cutting them down. It was expected of them.

That already happened. With the first revolt, there's a still in a cutscene of the Flames in combat with the refugees. I should go dig it up. In short, no issue was made of the Flames just cutting them down. It was expected of them.

The first "revolt" also wasn't really a revolt. It was a paid skirmish. They wouldn't have done anything if they weren't handed money and weapons then told to go make a fuss.

It wouldn't be that much of a game changer with other nations. NOBODY WANTS THE REFUGEES.

Gridania's doing the same thing to its refugees, except it's starving them and letting them die of disease.

Limsa's just "welp go elsewhere we got no spots for you because, y'know, we up and went and pissed off the Kobolds since we kinda took over their land betraying our agreement. So, uh, stay and be tempered and die, or leave and maybe live. Oh, and watch out for the Sahagins."

Less said about Ishgard the better.

The Sultana is about to do an important move (which apparently is what her enemy is expecting), so I also think the plot will be heavily focused on Ul'dah, perhaps with an ending to the story.

I admit that what I care for the most right now is the matter with the new race. Now that Au Ras have been revealed, it's safe to assume that Yugiri will also reveal her face. I would love for more Au Ras to actually appear as a huge tease for what's coming, and also as an indication that they are going to become more numerous in Eorzea soon. Otherwise, 3.0 might feel like some sort of invasion *sweatdrops*.

The Sultana is about to do an important move (which apparently is what her enemy is expecting), so I also think the plot will be heavily focused on Ul'dah, perhaps with an ending to the story.

I admit that what I care for the most right now is the matter with the new race. Now that Au Ras have been revealed, it's safe to assume that Yugiri will also reveal her face. I would love for more Au Ras to actually appear as a huge tease for what's coming, and also as an indication that they are going to become more numerous in Eorzea soon. Otherwise, 3.0 might feel like some sort of invasion *sweatdrops*.

That would make logical sense regarding a bit of a preview. It would also help answer some questions and even hype it up some more, an almost "Nyah nyah we are here and you can't play us yet."

However, how they could get revealed is completely in the dark. I mean some may have come over on the refugee ships and are hiding out with Domans. (Hoods and hidden tails.) I will be interested to see if they do, how they will.

Boyfriend and I speculated that there's a good chance the Sultana might be killed during this. Or Raubahn. But we shall see :)

No major characters are going to die.

Or to put it another way, no character that shows up outside of a main story quest (i.e. Merlwyb in the Armorer questline, Nanamo in the Culinarian questline, etc.) is going to kick the bucket simply because that introduces continuity errors unless they change those questlines posthumously.

That being said, there is still plenty of dramatic tension in terms of what's going to happen to the city's governance, Omega Weapon, the Ascians, and Ishgard.

Boyfriend and I speculated that there's a good chance the Sultana might be killed during this. Or Raubahn. But we shall see :)

Or to put it another way, no character that shows up outside of a main story quest (i.e. Merlwyb in the Armorer questline, Nanamo in the Culinarian questline, etc.) is going to kick the bucket simply because that introduces continuity errors unless they change those questlines posthumously.

That being said, there is still plenty of dramatic tension in terms of what's going to happen to the city's governance, Omega Weapon, the Ascians, and Ishgard.

I can't think of any quests where the Sultana herself shows up that isn't MSQ.

Post-edit: WELP. THANKS, EYES AND BRAIN. WORKING TOGETHER AS ALWAYS.

I can't think of any quests where the Sultana herself shows up that isn't MSQ.

As Warren just signed her death warrant