[Host Club trading cards!] - Retired Promotion

((This is 100% meant to be for fun, and participation is entirely optional - again, just for fun!))

tumblr_nbx3v8GuHa1smm21jo1_400.png

The Rendezvous Host Club has released a set of trading cards as a part of their latest advertisement campaign.

Cards can be found anywhere you devise, as they have been unabashedly distributed across Eorzea. They could be picked up from merchants, dealers, a random table on the Quicksand, on the floor of the Shroud (having undoubtedly fallen off of a carriage during transport), or from other collectors. They could be anywhere!

The cards currently exist in the following quantities:

Cait Sith | Front | Back | x 1

Babil | Front | Back | x 3

Seraph | Front | Back | x 2

Crusader | Front | Back | x 1

Fenrir | Front | Back | x 3

Zeromus | Front | Back | x 3

Doomtrain | Front | Back | x 3

Passado | Front | Back | x 3

Stiria | Front | Back | x 3

Ragnarok | Front | Back | x 3

Camisade | Front | Back | x 5

Mateus | Front | Back | x 5

Kjata | Front | Back | x 5

Anima | Front | Back | x 5

Ixion | Front | Back | x 5

Quetzalcoatl | Front | Back | x 5

Pandemona | Front | Back | x 5

Palidor | Front | Back | x 5

Kirin | Front | Back | x 5

Shemhazai | Front | Back | x 5

Moomba | Front | Back | x 10

Eden | Front | Back | x 6

Famfrit | Front | Back | x 10

Phoenix | Front | Back | x 9

Adrammelech | Front | Back | x 10

Lakshmi | Front | Back | x 10

Nix | Front | Back | x 10

Asura | Front | Back | x 10

Valefor | Front | Back | x 10

Argy | Front | Back | x 10

Cerberus | Front | Back | x 10

Zalera | Front | Back | x 12

Knight | Front | Back | x 20

Rubicante | Front | Back | x 2

Cagnazzo | Front | Back | x 12

Ark | Front | Back | x 20

Whyt | Front | Back | x 20

Brynhildr | Front | Back | x 20

Shivar | Front | Back | x 20

Hashmal | Front | Back | x 20

I will adjust the list above with each card that is picked up, reducing them until the number of 'free floating' cards is zero.

Now! Here is how I would like for this to be implemented as a fun, immersive detail in-game:

1.) If you would like a card, comment on this thread and say which card you would like your character to randomly find. Each person can claim one card to be found this way.

NOTE: If your character is a tradesman/merchant/dealer of any sort, you can comment to that effect and claim three copies of any "non-rare" character card. Basically, if your character is any form of professional distributor, you can claim, for example, x3 Yojimbo cards to wheel and deal as you see fit! For the purpose of this idea, a 'distributor' is anyone who makes a living from selling or trading goods.

2.) I will contact you in-game and give you a mundane item that will represent the card you've claimed. (For example, a Moomba card could have a "Bat Wing" as a placeholder.)

3.) Trade, brag, hoard, or otherwise use the existence of these trading cards ICly in whatever fun way you devise!

What does a character get out of collecting these cards, one might ask?

As you'll recall, since these are being distributed as a part of a Rendezvous ad campaign, collecting more cards will merit IC benefits within the establishment!

-- If your character collects 5 unique (meaning different) cards and shows them at the door, their entry fee will be reduced from 1,000 gil to half-off (500 gil.)

-- If your character collects 10 unique cards and shows them at the door, their entry fee is waived (meaning 0 gil.)

-- If your character collects 15 unique cards, they can show them at the door for an opportunity to be Hosted by the Proprietress of the Host Club (Cait Sith), which is an extremely rare opportunity!

-- If your character collects 20 unique cards, they can show them at the door to receive a ticket. This ticket will allow them to to arrange a Host Club visitation with their favored Host or Hostess, during a time that suits their personal schedule.

Even if your character has no interest in these benefits, they may still want a card. I'll go ahead and list character types that may be interested in this premise~

Collectors! ("I just like collecting things! It's a perfectly normal hobby.")

Opportunists! ("Oh, you want this card? Well, it'll cost ya!")

Fans! ("I love the Host Club! I want to collect allllll of my favorite hosts and make them kiss! ... Uh, did I say that last part out loud?")

Merchants! ("I can give you a great discount, either cash or trade.")

Charitable Folks! ("I found this card tacked to the inside of a restroom stall. Oh, you want it? Sure, I don't have any use for it. I'm happy to help!")

Employees! ("It's totally not weird to want cards of myself. Stop looking at me like that. Look, I've got one of you, too!")

And pretty much anyone who'd like to participate in this concept! ^^

It is my greatest hope that this can be a fun little immersive detail, and that people can use it in entertaining and/or creative ways ICly.

"But can't people find out what the mundane item is for each character and cheat?"

Well, yes, but that pretty much kills all of the IC and OoC fun of collecting them. Ideally, I would like for this to facilitate lighthearted interactions between characters, as various people quest to obtain cards, while others distribute and circulate them for their own entertainment or gain.

As an additional disclaimer, if this idea doesn't suit you, there is absolutely no obligation to participate. On the other hand, if it appeals to you, please do participate, and have fun! ♥

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"But can't people find out what the mundane item is for each character and cheat?"

Well, yes, but that pretty much kills all of the IC and OoC fun of collecting them. Ideally, I would like for this to facilitate lighthearted interactions between characters, as various people quest to obtain cards, while others distribute and circulate them for their own entertainment or gain.

Sounds like a fun idea! As for the bolded part, maybe what you could do is have a specific character (or the host/hostess behind their card) craft an item nobody ever uses to act as the card's placeholder, so the item will have the crafter's name on it. It could be anything since even non-equipment has the crafter's name on it.

That's actually a pretty great idea! I'm not sure if I'll be able to coordinate that with -every- card, but I could at least implement it with some of them at random! (And I'll be keeping notes as to what items correspond with which cards, so for my own records, it would just be a matter of putting a star or happy face next to the ones that are 'autographed'. ;) )

I've gotten the items to:

Clala

Tralala

Ru

Still need to get them to:

A'zireena

Anstarra

(I'm just making note of it so I don't forget! ^^ Thank you guys for participating! The more people who do, the more fun it could potentially be!)

Awesome! :moogle:

Just sent three Eden cards to Fina~!

So that leaves me with the following people to contact and send to:

A'zireena

Anstarra

Jana

Looking forward to more trading! ♥

Ohh!!! I've just remembered to look here! I'm excited to see this off the ground finally! :D

Sounds like a fun idea! As for the bolded part, maybe what you could do is have a specific character (or the host/hostess behind their card) craft an item nobody ever uses to act as the card's placeholder, so the item will have the crafter's name on it. It could be anything since even non-equipment has the crafter's name on it.

Also, I'm totally willing to do this!

Haha, that poor merchant. It's like these cards are cursed! :tonberry:

Just need to get Jana her card, and then I think I'll have all of them in circulation that have been requested so far!

But now the question is... which card will Yangh start with? :o

:o I don't knoowwww!!

Yes i do! A Cait Sith and a Barbarricia! Gimme gimme gimme gimmmmeeee

I can do one, but not the other! Dem's the rules! Quick, flip a coin!

(If you want the other, you'll have to trade with someone! Just convince a friend of yours to claim the other card and then stalk them ICly for the trade. ♥ )