Crafting and Sanity

Kurt S.

So yeah I decided that it should probably be time I get ALL.....yes ALL DoH to level 50 on Kurt. And I've heard that leves are the best way to go about doing that.

What I want to know is do you guys have like some sort of playlist or something to go along with the crafting or maybe some other activity that you're doing to keep your sanity intact while you're making the nth number of Initiate's Slops/Walnut Bread/Whatever because a guide said so? 

I guess I just wanna be prepared oh so very prepared for what I, as a nub, assume will be when my sanity slowly starts eroding as I spam 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 until god knows when...

So even just crafting, I'm liable to fall into a river? Wonderful. 

Oh yeah, is 600k enough to get at least one level 50 DoH?

I'm debating on whether or not I fifty his CRP first or WVR...on the one hand, his private room has nothing but a picture of Hildy and Nashu, on the other hand, snazzy new threads I'm not sure he can wear.

You can buy powerleveling kits from people for ~400k-600k depending on the craft. Usually the crafter provides the mats for you and you just get a bunch of items to turn in through leves.

That'll be handy to keep in mind. Just gotta find someone who can that...and raise the cash. Like I'm really sitting on 600k flat.

Leveling kits are really helpful, a kind soul made me one and it was such a huge relief to be able to breeze through it. :P However on the chance you don't use one, I highly recommend getting all the DOH classes to 15 first. The cross class skills are incredibly helpful to HQing pre-50 (I can't speak for after) and it doesn't take long to do, it's just frustrating having so many different mats. I wish I'd done it before leveling my first class to 50 (also Weaver).

Sadly I'm on ps4 and can't really do anything else while crafting, so I just do it while queuing for dungeons and PvP. But to be honest I'm finding myself starting to enjoy it any way xD

Netflix is also a good deal for something to keep your mind busy provided you have two screens. I've got dual monitors so it makes leveling crafting/gathering really easy.

In terms of leveling stuff to make other things easier, Goldsmith is probably the best to do first imo to get flawless synth. Having something that's just straight +40 on progress means you can 1 button a ton of stuff early on and breeze through. Besides that the only other notable thing from it is the +50% control which is just for HQing stuff.

I did GSM first and don't regret it, really. Not to mention making your own accessories for spirit binding is fantastic income and really helps get your next class choice kick started.

I was always told that after getting everything to 15, getting CUL up for Steady Hand II was the way to go, followed by CRP 50. And I kinda really like the ALC 50 skill on Gogon for that passive greater return on CP. Now I'm hearing Goldsmithing and Weaver are the ones I should be getting to 50?

... I'm confused.

I was always told that after getting everything to 15, getting CUL up for Steady Hand II was the way to go, followed by CRP 50. And I kinda really like the ALC 50 skill on Gogon for that passive greater return on CP. Now I'm hearing Goldsmithing and Weaver are the ones I should be getting to 50?

... I'm confused.

Ideally, you get everything to 50 anyway.

Everything to 15 then CUL 37 is definitely the way to go, though.

The reason you want Weaver 50 is because Careful Synthesis II is better than Basic Synthesis by a mile - 120% progress at 100% success rate. It literally replaces that ability.

Byregot's Blessing is a great ability, but not anything I'd deem necessary until crafting end-game (you can get by with Rumination prior to that). Usually, you will get the necessary Control through crafting your own crafting gear and you'll likely be HQing it without the need for Byregot.

I don't see why anyone would want Innovation for leveling so anyone who's got that answer please do step up.

I personally highly suggest leveling all the crafts together so you can grant yourself gear that's on-par with your current levels.

Honestly, there are a lot of ways you can go with this. What you need to do is ask yourself: do I value having more progress or control? For control, you want dat Hasty Touch, Steady Hand 2, and Tricks of the Trade. Progression you still need Steady Hand 2 as well as lvl 50 Weaver as well.

All classes to 15 are a must because you get valuable abilities all around for every class at 15 that will really help you. From there you can ask yourself what you'll be looking into more in terms of leveling.

Here are some macros I use that help me since I more control then progression oriented.

Note: When using macros, make sure to count the average steps and how many steps of what are being used so you dont botch a synthesis on accident.

This one was originally for making HQ Mythril ingots at level 50 with some materia melds. Non HQ mats used.

/macroicon "Manipulation"

/ac "Inner Quiet"

/wait 1.5

/ac "Steady Hand II"

/wait 2.0

/ac "Waste Not"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

Then part two.

/ac "Byregot's Blessing"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Standard Synthesis"

That would pretty much give me HQ ingots every time, and works for other things as well. Then I have just a straight mini Hasty Touch macro.

/ac "Steady Hand II"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

Hope this all helps!

Honestly, there are a lot of ways you can go with this. What you need to do is ask yourself: do I value having more progress or control? For control, you want dat Hasty Touch, Steady Hand 2, and Tricks of the Trade. Progression you still need Steady Hand 2 as well as lvl 50 Weaver as well.

All classes to 15 are a must because you get valuable abilities all around for every class at 15 that will really help you. From there you can ask yourself what you'll be looking into more in terms of leveling.

Here are some macros I use that help me since I more control then progression oriented.

Note: When using macros, make sure to count the average steps and how many steps of what are being used so you dont botch a synthesis on accident.

This one was originally for making HQ Mythril ingots at level 50 with some materia melds. Non HQ mats used.

/ac "Inner Quiet"

/wait 1.5

/ac "Steady Hand II"

/wait 2.0

/ac "Waste Not"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

Then part two.

/ac "Byregot's Blessing"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Standard Synthesis"

That would pretty much give me HQ ingots every time, and works for other things as well. Then I have just a straight mini Hasty Touch macro.

/ac "Steady Hand II"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

Hope this all helps!

So from this I guess, I should first get all the crafts to 15, then Weaver to 50 for a universally useful skill and the ability make (I assume) better looking clothes as well as maybe, just maybe transpose the look of mage robes onto Kurt and his Axe. 

Now what I'm curious about is what is progress and control? Am I correct in thinking that progress is a more 'hasty' I suppose method that carries a chance of 'synthesis fail'?  While control is a more steady, although slower method?

The macros posted I assume are for Armorsmiths?

/ac "Inner Quiet"

/wait 1.5

/ac "Steady Hand II"

/wait 2.0

/ac "Waste Not"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

Then part two.

/ac "Byregot's Blessing"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Standard Synthesis"

/ac "Steady Hand II"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

/wait 2.5

/ac "Hasty Touch"

Hope this all helps!

So from this I guess, I should first get all the crafts to 15, then Weaver to 50 for a universally useful skill and the ability make (I assume) better looking clothes as well as maybe, just maybe transpose the look of mage robes onto Kurt and his Axe. 

Now what I'm curious about is what is progress and control? Am I correct in thinking that progress is a more 'hasty' I suppose method that carries a chance of 'synthesis fail'?  While control is a more steady, although slower method?

The macros posted I assume are for Armorsmiths?

Macros are for everyone as long as you have those skills. But you can just substitute the /ac 's with whatever you currently have like Basic Synthesis instead of Standard Synthesis. Progress is how much you synthesize with each step (also known as Craftsmanship), and Control goes towards how easily you can HQ an item.

Personally, this is how I did it because I liked making HQ items for the extra EXP during crafting plus the double EXP bonus you get towards the leves.

Ingenuity: BSM lvl 15. Lowers recipe level for five steps which is really nice for getting synthesis that you barely qualify for. Its a buff towards your craftsmanship.

Tricks of the Trade: ALC lvl 15. Need this, need this, NEED THIS. It helps you get back 20 CP and is really nice for just about anything you do crafting wise.

I could go on and on, but the condense version is like what others said: Get everything to 15, and level CRP and WVR to 50. Then go from there. GSM is a good money maker to follow up with.

I was so excited when I found out there was crafting in this game. Now I am sad because it all sounds like gibberish to me.

Everyone is giving such useful advice, I wondered if there is an introductory crafting guide somewhere that explains everything in detail?

EDIT: Found one!