E3 General Discussion

I enjoyed Skyrim at the time of its release but the novelty has long since worn off by this point and it's embarassing to see Bethesda milk the game so much. The whole paid mod thing is a major turn off for me as well.

On a more positive note that 'Days Gone' zombie game has piqued my interest. The genre has become rather stale but it seems to have a fair few neat features to make it stand out - and if it's story heavy like The Last of Us then I will be very pleased.

The Monster Hunter and God of War games also interest me so I might check them out upon release. I won't bother with the new Marvel vs Capcom unless I can play as Vergil again.

I thought State of Decay 2 looked pretty good, and actually mistook that for Days Gone yesterday. That bodes poorly for DG, since SoD was super cheap on launch. When people have two similar zombo games and one's sub-40 bucks and one's 60, it's not much of a contest.

Guessing at prices, though.

IN OTHER NEWS, FUCKING SPIDER-MAN

MILES

C'MON MILES

I'm so amped, this might be the first PS4 game to actually pull me away from my PC and get me to play something. The Sony expo was all around solid, I appreciated that not wasting time on fucking youtuber bullshit and just chaining trailers together.

SotC Remake looks amazing. I'll probably buy it.

Bethesda was a let down. I don't mind the paid mods really as long as they're really good quality and guaranteed to be compatible with other paid for mods. I'm mostly sad that there was no TES VI news.

I loved FF15, but that fishing VR game looks like a total and complete bust. Who would buy that?

Beyond Good and Evil 2s trailer looks nice, but I have no idea how its going to be as a game. I am interested in what they mean by seamless online world though.

God Of War looks great. I'm not much of a blood and gore type of girl, but the story looks cool and I'm Scandinavian, so...

Honestly this whole year was a let down for me. Only thing I was looking forward to was some glimmer of news about TES VI and instead we found out that they're just trying to put Skyrim on even MORE life support than before. They seem to enjoy pissing away fan good will these days, to the extent that I'm not even sure the next title in the TES franchise is even going to be a day one buy for me when it does see the light of day.

SPIDERMAN! SoTC! YESSSSSS!

-ahem- Those along with Beyond Good & Evil 2, God of War, and possibly Anthem (the 3rd person view wins me over a bit more than 1st person)...I think those were the games that actually got my attention a bit this year so far. I haven't played a Monster Hunter game in literally forever but this one did look pretty cool as well.

God Of War looks great. I'm not much of a blood and gore type of girl, but the story looks cool and I'm Scandinavian, so...

Have you seen Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice? It's being developed by Ninja Theory and is built around Scandinavian myth and legend (with some schizophrenia thrown in).

I was literally planning to buy a switch just to get Monster Hunter XX in japanese for it, but I guess I'll wait for the ps4 one. I'm really, really interested in the mechanics for stealth and environmental destruction/grappling, because that's new and can make or break it depending on how they're done.

Ubisoft got me pumped this year. I had

Given up hope on BGE2 ever seeing the light of day.

I'm not sold on Shadow of the Colossus. Remaking a game that had an HD remaster just a few years ago seems weird. If it's expanded though (including the "missing"/unfinished colossi from the original) then that's worthy of hype.

Can't wait to see what Nintendo shows tonight. Metroid pls (I can dream)

I'm not sold on Shadow of the Colossus. Remaking a game that had an HD remaster just a few years ago seems weird. If it's expanded though (including the "missing"/unfinished colossi from the original) then that's worthy of hype.

Wasn't Shadow of the Colossus HD just an upscale? Looks like a true remaster or a true remake.

Monster Hunter Worlds coming to PC, PS4 & Xbone. So down for that.

Days Gone looked also really good, like not just visually but just the world in itself with fast zombies compared to the usual slow walking stuff we're so used of in zombie games.

Anthem Ah, well it's a destiny competitor so we'll see how that goes. It's the frostbite engine so I'm sure it'll look really good but how well it'll play, we'll see given all we got this time around was some scripted stuff. (*cough* Division flashbacks *cough*)

Ori: And the will of the wisps. Like having played Ori and the Blind forest, that was just an emotional instruments tugging all the strings of my heart and I can't wait for this one. The game already had me feelsy with the trailer alone -again-.

Monster Hunter World looks.... eh. It's Horizon w/ MonHun facepaint.

Pokemon RPG announced for the Switch. Screaming.

Mario looks like a dream. Especially the hat power. 

METROID PRIME FOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR! 

For other parties, it's been pretty abysmal, but Nintendo is spot on.

For the most part I was disappointed but there were a few good standouts for me.

1st: New trailer and release date for Super Mario Odyssey. Looking forward to that.

2nd: Saw some new gameplay footage from Sea of Thieves. Neato.

3rd: Skull and Bones. For Honor style pirate ship PvP game. Might just stick with Naval Action. Does have a Kraken though. I can use more tentacles in my life.

4th: Shadow of the Colossus Remake. So pretty! Will buy.

5th: Metroid Prime 4. So much of the YES!

6th: Monster Hunter World. On PC!!! So much hype that my body is vibrating at a supersonic level! Shut up and take my money! *throws slightly moist handfull of cash at Capcom rep*

Sadly, rumors of a Bloodborne 2 or any FromSoftware game were false.:cry:

Honestly this whole year was a let down for me. Only thing I was looking forward to was some glimmer of news about TES VI and instead we found out that they're just trying to put Skyrim on even MORE life support than before. They seem to enjoy pissing away fan good will these days, to the extent that I'm not even sure the next title in the TES franchise is even going to be a day one buy for me when it does see the light of day.

I think one issue they're having is that ESO is already operating in several locations they might otherwise be interested in exploring. They tend to not like to go back and revisit places where their games have been before.

Have you seen Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice? It's being developed by Ninja Theory and is built around Scandinavian myth and legend (with some schizophrenia thrown in).

I think its about Celtic myth and legend, but it does look pretty cool.