Does your character have any pets?

Dravus

Delial has been feeding this lalafell fella and he's stuck around. Does that count? /think 

Yes. It takes three lalafels to be considered  a person. Otherwise they are nothing but pets or food. Depending on what region you are in. Xp

Delial has been feeding this lalafell fella and he's stuck around. Does that count? /think 

Yes. It takes three lalafels to be considered  a person. Otherwise they are nothing but pets or food. Depending on what region you are in. Xp

So do lala's taste more like meat? Or potato?

So far, he's got Omelette, the Chocobo Chick that happened to come from an egg he had intended to have for dinner (hence the name, as he had stated "You're going to become an omelette!" right as he cracked the egg).

I plan to add a few more once I've acquired a few specific minions (such as the Black Coeurl), but I haven't established any backstory for any of them yet.  

However, I'm REALLY hoping to get my hands on one of the real life Carbuncle plushies that comes with an in-game minion code.  I have an idea that I really like that would involve one of those minions rather than the Arcanist summoned combat pet, but I don't want to get ahead of myself in case I can't or don't end up getting one.

Nil currently has a mandragora that suddenly started following her around one day while she was hunting. It thus far has no name, and she has tried unsuccessfully to reintroduce it to the wild. ...She's been keeping ear plugs with her, too. Nil also has her chocobo Torsten.

Miyu has no pets save for her traveling mount Lucian, a snow white chocobo whom she loves dearly.

D'aito had a coeurl kitten for a while.  It followed her around on her adventures for a while and D'aito did feed it and keep it company but one morning the kitten had wandered off and she never saw it again.

This was probably for the better for D'aito (not for the kitten perhaps) as trying to keep a pet safe while adventuring and potentially paying extra for inns and travels could be inconvenient and costly.

In-game, I've collected many of the pets but I really don't have much use for them, kind of how I feel about pets in real life.  I know that makes me terrible.

Leanne doesn't have -any- pets. She has an entire posse of them. Unable to say no to any critters that decide to follow her around, she readily adopts them and send them back home, joining the other animals for merry fun and joy!

The leader of posse is her puppy, Kyrin, called the Little Bandit, lover of bones, ever spirited and always smiling! (such a cute puppy!)

Second in command is the Mammet she has found in the wilds. Although it can't do much to undo the chaos the rapscallions can cause, he's the only responsible one of the group!

The bouncer of the group is the Mimic that followed Leanne back from Hullbreaker Isle. The most aggressive and scary one of the posse, he doesn't care much for the bunch, but DON'T touch the "treasure" Leanne gave him to protect!

The thief is the Gaelikitten, a new found pet that Leanne adopted after she found it nibbling on a fish she had caught in the Sea of Clouds. His ability to sweep by and steal stuff then fly away is notorious amongst other members of the posse, particularly when it is time for meal.

The scout is the diminutive Bluebird, a little thing Leanne saved from being eaten while in its nest. Cute, adorable, and a bit small, he is the most peaceful member of the group! Give him a little nest and a couple of seeds to nibble on, and he's happy as ever. 

The charming one is Lesser Panda! He's always sleepy, and is quite lazy too. But he's so adorable and fluffy...a single look from his eyes at you, and the nuzzling of his fuzzy cheeks, you will give everything he wants! A necessary boom for the posse.

The Tapir is the jack of all trades. As in, he's a necessary member of the team! But no one exactly knows what role he has. Usually he's alongside the panda, sleeping and calmly enjoying the day.

Least but no important, the Pudgy Puk! Present of an old friend, he does...something. Uhh...

Okay, he's useless. But Leanne is fond of him anyway.

And that's ignoring the mounts Leanne have. They're no part of any posse, acting on their own, but the loyalty they have for Leanne is undying.

In the Shroud, Leanne has a Goobbue. Symbol of the friendship between her and the sylphs, every so often during her childhood they went around together on top of him, pulling all manner of pranks.

La Noscea has the Coeurl. Not necessarily Leanne's mount, as the animal was originally the partner of her mother, now also a mother taking care of her cubs. Although the coeurl doesn't see Leanne as her true master, she is faithfully obedient, and rather protective, considering the seeker a cub of her own litter.

Roaming Thanalan, there is a peaceful turtle Leanne had managed to befriend. Every now and then they calmly walk the deserts together, the slow pace of the animal making things slow, but quite peaceful. He can speed up along quite nicely though, to the surprise of anyone.

And least but no less important, her chocobo, Reyn, present of her father during her 18th birthday. Loyal, stoic, courageous and stalwart, he's an example of chocobo, bringing envy even to knights of Ishgard. Currently learning how to fly, to further serve and help Leanne through her adventures.

...And that's it. Leanne has....a ton of little friends. Perhaps too much? Who knows. She loves them all, though.