Your Character's Last Meal

Your character is on death row, for whatever reason, and as is customary in a "semi-decent" society, you have been promised a last meal, probably more than you deserve, and definitely more than you ever provided the victims of the crime that got you in this cell. 

You are allowed a full course, complete with appetizers and multiple drinks. Alcohol is not forbidden, but drinking yourself to death is (to which you offer a small sigh and maybe a silent curseword; after all, what a better way to go?)

So, with a potential smorgasbord of food coming your way before your untimely date with the headtaker, assuming you get the luxury of a swift and painless death, what do you choose, and why?

Graeham's a huge fan of seafood - which isn't too surprising given that he grew up in Vylbrand. So he'd likely order some sort of large platter of fish with all the trimmings on the side and some orange juice to wash it all down.

For Reima, it would be a thick, strong meat curry laden with dried fruits, mushrooms, and root vegetables. Dates, raisins, dried apricots, apple, carrots, parsnips, and popoto, with strong use of cinnamon.  "Autumn Curry" is something she's made for herself before in an attempt at bringing together the "tastes" of all the places she's called home. It would be a suitable last meal out of principle in her eyes.

A desert of soft lavender cookies and a milky chai tea afterward would be the perfect end, she thinks.

Coatleque will forego any right to a last meal and spend her final hours in solitary to fast and pray, seeking absolution from the Twelve for whatever heinous thing she did to find herself here.

Suddenly Coatleque's vigil is interrupted by the sensation of something hot and greasy poking against her cheek.

"Mumph... humph..." Evangeline can be seen from the corner of her eye chomping down on a roast Dodo leg, prodding a second one into Coatleque's cheek.

"You sure you don't want one?" The Elezen wipes her mouth, "The food here is good, only part of my stay I enjoyed last time."

"Are you still grumpy about the whole getting executed for heresy business?" She sighs, "When I said you were my accomplice I was being sarcastic... Inquisitors have no humor at all."

Asmodean would refuse any food. The fact he is alive would annoy him as it would be mean his was captured by the Garlean Empire or some Monetaris bastard. Asmodean would mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips.

If only to piss whoever it was that wanted him dead, angry with him go out like that at least.

Being a farm boy, my guess is he would skip anything extravagant and go for something comfortable that reminds him of home.  Cornbread, some steamed vegetables or vegetable stew and some form of jerky.  Not elegant, but tasty and a reminder of better times.

Last meal for Roen:

Baked warmwater trout in a garlic butter sauce, an assortment of nopales dumplings, and chanterelle saute. A glass of sweet water.

It also has to be prepared by Gideon North.

A crown jewel pie, basically a steak and kidney pie with a fancy crown on the top. Why? Because the crown by tradition did actually have a gemstone, a pearl to be exact and all Septh needs to make a golem to break out is a gem, metal and a type stone or mineral. Stone golem for jailbreaks. Hell yeah.

What? You think she's gonna accept her death? She'd rather attempt to escape and die than do nothing at all.

It really depends on who captured him and for what reason.

Probably an Alligator Salad.

(Picture found on http://eorzeaneats.tumblr.com/ - A really cool blog where a player is slowly making each FFXIV recipe in real life and posting cool pictures/recipes)

tumblr_inline_nsa7yaJd241t0fzyj_1280.jpg

Buttons in a blanket like her mom used to make. And maybe some firewater like Fyrilsunn used to drink. I can't help but think in this situation they'd both already be dead somehow, themselves.

:( I sense tragedy forthwith.

I remember there being a book written about the last meals of death row inmates, but I can't recall the name. I hear it was a really interesting read. Some of the picks here reminded me of that.