How to get the 58 to 59 Grind go faster

Desu Nee

Hinterlands FATE parties via Party Finder.

Or you can take the slow route and just pop Leveling Roulette daily til you hit 59.

Hinterlands fates are annoying. They give way more exp, but they appear once in a while. Like, 10 minutes before I had to go on a roulette, there were two parties. After I done it, needing like, 200k exp to go to 58, they dissapeared.

Honestly I think doing the hunts (you can bring your chocobo too! maybe get some extra EXP from the challenge log!) and just spamming dungeons (Vault like Melkire said at that level) is my preferred way of going about it. I haaaaaaate hate FATEs but they're not bad if you're doing them for filler in between dungeon queues.

It's definitely a grind no matter how you go about it, so hang in there!!

I'd suggest doing a combination of the following:

- FATE's (Hinterlands in particular)

- The Vault (since it gives a pretty great chunk of experience each time you do it)

- Hunts (the ones picked up at Clan Centurio in Ishgard)

- Daily dungeon roulettes (these stack up rather well if you can stomach the wait times)

- Levequests (not ideal but if you want to break up the grind then they're an option)

- Do any side quests that you may have missed

Hinterlands FATEs, just like FATEs anywhere else, will pop more often when people are actually clearing them. Might need to wait for a weekend though, people seem content to grind in Churning Mists until 60 for some reason.

Because the playerbase are fucking idiots when it comes to smart FATEing.

Even prior to the FATE boost, Churning Mists and up were superior to Northern Than, yet you still have idiots at level 55+ grinding in NThan.

Hinterlands FATEs, just like FATEs anywhere else, will pop more often when people are actually clearing them. Might need to wait for a weekend though, people seem content to grind in Churning Mists until 60 for some reason.

Because the playerbase are fucking idiots when it comes to smart FATEing.

Even prior to the FATE boost, Churning Mists and up were superior to Northern Than, yet you still have idiots at level 55+ grinding in NThan.

But Kellach, some random guy on a game forum told me N. Than is the best leveling spot from 40 to 60!

Seriously though, I third Hinterlands FATES. Even with only one group going you'll never have to wait on FATEs, and you can easily get a level in about an hour and a half or so. 

The only thing to avoid is the Goblin FATE in the middle of the right side of the map. The first two stages are only worth 10k, and while the boss is worth 130k, it takes like 25~30 minutes to kill him unless you have three or more FATE groups running. It's not worth it with only one or two.

I've always found that grinds are easier and feel like they go faster when you don't focus on making them go fast. Find a different goal to go for and do that instead, and eventually you'll realize "oh hey, I leveled."

It could be something like "I wanna run dungeon for that pet I like," or it could be "I want all the armor drops from dungeon," etcetera. Or it could be something even more lax, like "I just want to do my daily every day for like three weeks and then chill and do other things afterwards."

When you're focusing on something that's not the level progress bar, you won't even realize that it's going by, and then leveling will be much less stressful. When you finally push the barrier that you're looking at, it'll come over as a pleasant surprise instead.

58 to 59 is an annoying level. If you happen to have 10+ leves stocked up, do some Battlecraft Temple leves! When I exhausted my supply of 100 at 59-60, I got over half a level, so it'd be an even higher % for 58 to 59! They're also easy and take VERY little time, and can reward Allagan Gold Pieces, selling for 2500 apiece.

The only thing to avoid is the Goblin FATE in the middle of the right side of the map. The first two stages are only worth 10k, and while the boss is worth 130k, it takes like 25~30 minutes to kill him unless you have three or more FATE groups running. It's not worth it with only one or two.

If you can melt all three real fast, then the 130k is worth it. If not, let it be - the Qiqirn Earring isn't worth the hassle.